Season 8 My Match Making - Response Please

in PvP

Posted by: Rhone.3569

Rhone.3569

I’d say at least 75% of my matches in T3 gold have had over a 200 point differential. It’s crazy how many times I’ve looked at the map to see my team 3v1 at our home while the other two are getting capped by the other team.

I’d also like to say that when some people complain about others fighting off point it’s not that people are fighting on the edge of the point but rather when theRe are two people chasing someone in the middle of two points while the other team gets an easy cap….that shouldn’t be happening

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

My experience this season has been overwhelmingly positive, so far it’s some of the best, and closest matches I’ve had consistently.

HOWEVER, occasionally I’ve been getting matches where my team just seems completely and utterly incompetent, they’ll lose 4v3s, 2v1s, 3v2s etc in our favor, be incapable of 1v1ing, or noticing objectives and it’s just awful.

I can’t even fathom how most of my games can be so close and so good and then getting random streaks (I haven’t had one more than 3 in a row, but then again I take a break after 3 like that) of just incompetence.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

OP, you are not a former ESL player. Ergo, a reply is unlikely.

I’ve seen loss streaks extending into the 60’s. Under the current circumstances, I suspect that it has more to do with lack of population.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The problem is the OP. I’ve played against him a few times and he was feeding far (our home) all match and kept dying.

You want to know where 99% of the problems come from? Look in the mirror.

GW2 matchmaking isn’t perfect but to make some outrageous claims like you’re being singled out is pure lunacy.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The problem is the OP. I’ve played against him a few times and he was feeding far (our home) all match and kept dying.

GW2 matchmaking isn’t perfect but to make some outrageous claims like you’re being singled out is pure lunacy.

That doesn’t explain how team mates can’t win when they are +1 or +2. Nor why team mates are all at the home node or fighting off point. Sorry!!!

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

mid syn·drome
noun

a group of symptoms that consistently occur together due to a lack of understanding conquest rotations in guild wars 2

a common syndrome in which a player does not understand the game of conquest beyond “taking the mid node”

Symptoms:

• repeatedly pushing the mid node, despite any remarkable circumstances that would encourage a different rotation
  • ignoring active opponent back capping at the home node even when circumstances would otherwise encourage easy rotation to defend
  • loses advantage 4v3s and 4v2s but blames team wipe on 5th player who is decapping/holding neutralizations 1v2 and 1v3 because they were not at the mid node
  • blames a losing match in general on anyone who is not at the mid node
  • gradual rise in toxicity resulting in an egotistical denial to accept limitations and/or learn from other players, this is mostly due to the player’s avoidance of admitting he was wrong

Example:
“He is suffering from mid syndrome. Our team could have won the match if he would have typed less complaints and stopped feeding the mid point. Sorry bro he is new. I will try to explain it to him later when he calms down and signs back on.”
~ a characteristic combination of opinions, emotions, or behavior

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

You were going up 2v1’s constantly.

Don’t be the victim when you are part of the problem.

Take some responsibility for your actions and gameplay and realize that the world isn’t out against you.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

I’ll make sure to do that, thanks for the tips.

It happened again today. I reached around 1550 rating and then bam, all day lose streak. Down to 1509 now. I’m convinced the only way to fight through these automated lose streaks is to smurf, which is exceedingly easy to get away with so long as you don’t share accounts.

• DCs
  • Mysterious 4v5s half way through game
  • silver silver silver gold plat vs. legend legend, plat plat plat

Get 10x in a row of these types of matches, back to back with no interruption. Always at exactly 1550 rating, always. Happens every time.

With the way this algorithm is setup, I honestly don’t blame people who smurf to get around it. The algorithm actually encourages players to find ways to bypass the automated lose streaks.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I do think the low player pool is the issue though. In not the greatest player and all, the best I’ve done is at the outskirts of top 250, but it’s disgusting that i get matchups against two top 5 players sometimes

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Low population being responsible for bad match making is a myth and it’s not the issue at all. Even if only 10 people were playing Guild Wars 2, only 10. If those people were standing in que as: plat plat plat plat gold gold silver silver silver silver, it should que the match as: plat plat gold silver silver vs. plat plat gold silver silver. It should not que it as plat plat plat plat gold vs. gold silver silver silver silver. That is in no way balanced or competitive and that is what people are talking about in this thread, matches like that when there is no reason for the algorithm to be doing it other than to feed a team of low ranks to higher ranks.

The system does this often. It chooses when players go on win streaks or lose streaks to the point that the win/lose switch flip is reliable and dependable like clockwork. It is excruciatingly obnoxious for a player to “know” that he just had a ridiculously bad match 500 to 40 or some kitten and that it’s going to continue for another 8 to 10 games or so, for the purpose of resetting his rating gain.

I think the Glicko needs the game to do this for it to function, which is absolute garbage. If that is the case, they need to figure something else out or even remove the algorithm entirely and leave que’ing up to true randomness like GW1 RA. Honestly the match making couldn’t get worse than predictable win streaks and lose streaks.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you watch from 26:50 in Sindrener stream you’ll see that he friends one of his teammates who turns out to have around 400 achi pts aka a new player. A legendary player fights on same team as a newbie, probl bronze or silver at best. This just shows the flaw of this system.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Low population being responsible for bad match making is a myth and it’s not the issue at all. Even if only 10 people were playing Guild Wars 2, only 10. If those people were standing in que as: plat plat plat plat gold gold silver silver silver silver, it should que the match as: plat plat gold silver silver vs. plat plat gold silver silver. It should not que it as plat plat plat plat gold vs. gold silver silver silver silver. That is in no way balanced or competitive and that is what people are talking about in this thread, matches like that when there is no reason for the algorithm to be doing it other than to feed a team of low ranks to higher ranks.

The system does this often. It chooses when players go on win streaks or lose streaks to the point that the win/lose switch flip is reliable and dependable like clockwork. It is excruciatingly obnoxious for a player to “know” that he just had a ridiculously bad match 500 to 40 or some kitten and that it’s going to continue for another 8 to 10 games or so, for the purpose of resetting his rating gain.

I think the Glicko needs the game to do this for it to function, which is absolute garbage. If that is the case, they need to figure something else out or even remove the algorithm entirely and leave que’ing up to true randomness like GW1 RA. Honestly the match making couldn’t get worse than predictable win streaks and lose streaks.

Same problem. And it happens every time these past seasons for me. Before I hit around the 1550 mark. My match history would be around 3-4 wins in a row, one loss. When I hit 1550 it turns into 2 wins out of 10 matches.

Really interesting. I’m sure Anet will deny this is a problem and there will be those mindless fanboys who come to defend the honor of the matchmaking system (lol). But this can not be a coincidence.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Again no real change will happen until one or more of the following:

- Anet actually bans cheaters

- They actually deal with the afk problem

- Bot issue is taken care of

- Conquest is dropped for real maps that are TDM based.

- Some actual balancing since we have had the Jumping bean teef, 1,000 block and burn guard, and the ele heal bot being spam used for ages now since HoT drop.

- Fix how bronze people somehow end up in gold and plat games

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Every season I’ve had loss streaks. On the flip side, every season I’ve had win streaks too. That being said the match making has been weird since the season has started. In my last 10 matches I’ve had wins where I got +3 points and +19 points.

The +3 point match was like playing against a team of people that were testing a new build and didn’t realize that holding points was what wins matches. The match probably should not have been made. The +19 point match I was winning fights easily which leads me to believe there are still quite a few people that are rated too high.

in PvP

Posted by: Akilles.4320

Akilles.4320

Absolutely with you in this.
A change in this broken system urges!

Norn Reaper | Human Druid | Charr Berserker | Sylvari Chronomancer | Asura Scrapper |
Norn DH | Charr DD | Human Herald | Sylvari Tempest
[Seafarer’s Rest, EU]

in PvP

Posted by: The Mechanic.3567

The Mechanic.3567

right around that date the OP posted i started getting really poor match ups as well as really long que times. i think the match making system will start to pull players from well below your rank or even tier if there is no one to play with. might be a cause of some frustration as one terrible player from gold will pretty much cause a loss in mid plat every time.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

right around that date the OP posted i started getting really poor match ups as well as really long que times. i think the match making system will start to pull players from well below your rank or even tier if there is no one to play with. might be a cause of some frustration as one terrible player from gold will pretty much cause a loss in mid plat every time.

Last time I looked at the wiki, players could be up to 1200 points apart if the timer counted up high enough. I have been leaving queue and requeuimg if the timer goes over 3 mins because of this.

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Yeah Faux, you are not the first person I’ve heard say that about resetting their que. I’ve noticed it myself actually. At around 4+ minutes is when I start getting matches with double capping, players that explode on contact and guys asking questions about legendary wings in the middle of a match. If they don’t do something about this quality of match making, it will indirectly elongate ques when more people figure out to leave their que at around 3.00 or 4.00 minutes.

Right now though, I’m more concerned with whatever this wall is that hits at 1550. It happened again today, I worked back up to 1550ish+ and then immediately was given a bad match. This time around I actually had Sir Crysis in the team with me. At one point during this match, I was at the far point with Crysis and we were 2v3 holding the node our color. I was running bunker druid and just healing Crysis so he could kill everything. We were at that node for like 2 to 3 minutes. At one point it had actually turned in to a 2v4 and I thought “ok, this is clutch. Our 3 other guys will easily retake home/mid, we’re good to win.” During this timeframe, I watched in horror and rage as a single opponent went and took both mid and home against our 3 other players and sent them on wipe. I don’t know, you tell me what we could have done to better carry that match. I sort of thought that having 4/5ths of their team at far on our color for almost 3 minutes was enough. Is it even possible to carry harder than that? Well.. maybe if all 5 opponents were on us. That would have given us time to explain to our teammates how to use their WASD movement keys to cap nodes while allowing them to stay out of combat completely.

The culprit of the problem was one of three things:

• Hard smurfing and/or people being paid to lose
  • Completely botched match making system
  • The lose switch being pushed – Impossible matches that guarantee lose streaks
    Could is possibly be a bit of all three?

Whatever the clusterflux of causes, I’m absolutely fascinated with why this happens to me at exactly 1550 and I am convinced at this point that I am not allowed to play past 1550. Yet I see other players who are no better or worse than I am, playing up into 1700ish. You can’t tell me that these players are somehow magic carrying through matches such as what Crysis and I had, every game past 1550. You can’t tell me they are legitimately maintaining 85%+ win rates and experiencing the same kind of match making that I do, past 1550.

There is either server favoritism, where some accounts are omitted from these mandatory lose streaks or a lot of people are still smurfing hard and getting away with it by simply making sure to not share accounts.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Without reading every point of every post in the thread, my answer is simple-in the number of samples GW2 matchmaking has, there will be outliers generated. That’s the nature of random chance. Assuming that matchmaking aims for a 50% chance for a player to win any given match (according to MMR etc), it is entirely possible that for reasons unknown, someone gets the same result over, and over, and over through sheer luck. TO find out if there’s any real trend or if you just had the above happen, you’ld need the data for every person playing ranked. Which anet hopefully has, but I doubt they’d release it.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Yeah Faux, you are not the first person I’ve heard say that about resetting their que. I’ve noticed it myself actually. At around 4+ minutes is when I start getting matches with double capping, players that explode on contact and guys asking questions about legendary wings in the middle of a match. If they don’t do something about this quality of match making, it will indirectly elongate ques when more people figure out to leave their que at around 3.00 or 4.00 minutes.

Right now though, I’m more concerned with whatever this wall is that hits at 1550. It happened again today, I worked back up to 1550ish+ and then immediately was given a bad match. This time around I actually had Sir Crysis in the team with me. At one point during this match, I was at the far point with Crysis and we were 2v3 holding the node our color. I was running bunker druid and just healing Crysis so he could kill everything. We were at that node for like 2 to 3 minutes. At one point it had actually turned in to a 2v4 and I thought “ok, this is clutch. Our 3 other guys will easily retake home/mid, we’re good to win.” During this timeframe, I watched in horror and rage as a single opponent went and took both mid and home against our 3 other players and sent them on wipe. I don’t know, you tell me what we could have done to better carry that match. I sort of thought that having 4/5ths of their team at far on our color for almost 3 minutes was enough. Is it even possible to carry harder than that? Well.. maybe if all 5 opponents were on us. That would have given us time to explain to our teammates how to use their WASD movement keys to cap nodes while allowing them to stay out of combat completely.

The culprit of the problem was one of three things:

• Hard smurfing and/or people being paid to lose
  • Completely botched match making system
  • The lose switch being pushed – Impossible matches that guarantee lose streaks
    Could is possibly be a bit of all three?

Whatever the clusterflux of causes, I’m absolutely fascinated with why this happens to me at exactly 1550 and I am convinced at this point that I am not allowed to play past 1550. Yet I see other players who are no better or worse than I am, playing up into 1700ish. You can’t tell me that these players are somehow magic carrying through matches such as what Crysis and I had, every game past 1550. You can’t tell me they are legitimately maintaining 85%+ win rates and experiencing the same kind of match making that I do, past 1550.

There is either server favoritism, where some accounts are omitted from these mandatory lose streaks or a lot of people are still smurfing hard and getting away with it by simply making sure to not share accounts.

As far as the match maker the only thing I see that could be counting against you is games played. Accounts that have a large number of matches played are more likely to be matched with each other. Why that would be bad is you are going to be more likely to get alts of top tier players on the other team vs. your team. You are also likely to get people that are ability capped at the rating they are at.

As far as strategy, their 2v3 was winning at 2 points where as yours was only playing 1. Over the 2-3 mins. they had 240-360 pts up for grabs vs. the 120-180 at your one point. I think spreading out could have been a better strategy. Whenever I’ve been in ranked matches with people that are top 50 on my team, they do a good job of protecting the weak players (me) and neutralizing the opposing team’s best players. Also, the duo never camps one point for very long unless they own 2+ points.

in PvP

Posted by: Dropdown.7460

Dropdown.7460

The matchmaking algorithm seems like it was created by a middle school kid (no offense to middle school kids). They don’t intend on fixing it — the only thing they care about is their Gem Store. Unless it effects their bottom line nothing will change.

The game is dying. PvP is garbage. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t actually have devs on PvP. The classes are fine, despite the QQing on the forums. What needs to be fixed is how they populate matches. Cause right now, there is no reason to try when it’s 100 to 400 because your teammates keep rushing into 1v3 and 1v4 and then call you trash for not “keeping them alive” or w/e.

Edit: Wanted to add that PoF seems like an “injection” to keep things new and fresh because they need the money. The “hype” around it I don’t get. Probably have plants to help the “hype” on forums and such. It doesn’t look like anything substantial, honestly. Just another sub-par story gated behind grinding.

/gg

(edited by Dropdown.7460)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’ve seen loss streaks extending into the 60’s. Under the current circumstances, I suspect that it has more to do with lack of population.

The matchmaker doesn’t have a communist agenda to distribute wins according to each player’s emotional needs, one element you consistently leave out is skill.

• I lost 60 matches – matchmaker is rigged, game population is dead.
  • Existence of pro players with 70% win rate SoloQ – gained by ‘premades’ (duo?) queuing at 3:00am, must be on an alt account facing easy enemies.

You’re living in the past a few of these comments:

• Re: Smurfing & alting comments. Once a good player gets through his placement matches, they’re already at 1700 matchmaking rating, you may stomp noobs for >/<5 placement matches if you buy a 2nd account. There’s no longer farming 100 games for pips through Amber-Ruby. You’ve been overblowing how often good players do this for close to 2 years now as well (there weren’t/aren’t many good players who care).
  • Re: Premades affecting match outcome. You can’t premade in ranked, that word which you’re misusing means 5 players. If you’re trying to go from 1700 rating to 1800 rating, duo queuing is a no brainer, but before that, even someone without a single friend can attain that high with game knowledge.

I think of any of the solo queuers in NA, Magic Toker playing Power Revenant affects the match outcome more than any combination of profession and player. A player who has mastered a high map mobility, high DPS profession, you have insane ability to disproportionately affect match outcome by snowballing off of being just a little bit better (or a lot) than one other person.

Valid criticisms of the matchmaker only, please, IE: plat plat plat gold gold VS. gold gold gold gold gold or Two highly skilled duo queues vs. One highly skilled solo queue and 4 punching bags.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Been playing bunker druid since start of season. First 50 games were played between 1500 and 1560 rating, solidly. For once, things felt balanced. Win 500 to 450 or lose 450 to 500, games were good. Suddenly upon the morning of 8/24/2017, there was a distinct shift in match quality. Went on a 15 game lose streak where losses were looking like 200 to 500 or worse. I 1v2 or sometimes 1v3 far, the entire game, usually never even die. Yet my team mates cannot cap/hold home OR mid in 4v3s and 4v2s.
This is no embellishment, my matches are complete kitten every single time I que.

I saw the same thing happen to Chaith on day one. He was put on a team that simply couldn’t do anything to our team. Chaith carried hard but it didn’t matter because his teammates were exploding on contact. So I don’t want to hear anything about “getting good” because it is true that bad enough match making can create impossible to win situations for even the best players.

Furthermore, I find it odd that during the first three days, the matches felt real. Every player was communicating and trying hard. It felt like an inhouse or scrim. I could tell the players were real and every match was try hard balanced scores between 500/450 for wins or losses. Then suddenly… 15 games in a row of questionably real players. Where people never communicate, they almost seem like bots at times and I wonder if they are throwing or if they are handicapped one armed players. They aren’t just losing matches no, they do questionable things:

• Example A: I am far point 1v1ing an enemy bunker druid on my team’s color. My thief comes to + me but instead of actually DPSing the bunker druid “which has no damage to threaten the thief” he dances around, dodging and only striking once every 3 or 4 seconds with #1 auto then goes back to random dodging and won’t leave when I tell him to. Is he making it look like he is doing something but in actuality is just throwing? He is either throwing or he is actually a handicapped player with one arm.
  • Example B: I am literally “1v3ing the far point while holding it neutral for 4 minutes or more”, I look at the mini map and see home and mid as the enemy color and 4 of my teammates on respawn. Yes, that has happened multiple times during this 15 game loss streak. How is that even possible? I’ve been training new players for years now and I can say that 4 intermediate or even new players can kill 2 veteran players rather easily in 9/10 situations. So what the hell is going on here? Is there still UBER mass amounts of match manipulation going on or do anet devs secret play in matches and like to screw with certain players? Because let me tell ya, Always seeing 4 players lose to 2 players, has got to be throwing or purposeful placement with handicapped players who only have one arm, but the match making cannot possibly be that bad. I don’t believe it. Either way you look at it, something is up that isn’t being talked about.
  • Example C: Having the same exact people on my team over and over and over and over, yet the enemy teams are always different players. What is that and how is it even possible? It often feels like these players are being put with me to make 100% sure, that I lose the match every time.

My question is, why is this suddenly happening to me for 15 games in a row? Why do other players I talk to always tell me that their full season experience is more like my first 50 matches?

If anyone in that anet office cares to figure out what is wrong with this, please sit in and view my matches. I know you can do it and I think you should see this. Because when you see that I am not over-exaggerating the stories of 1v3ing far while my team losses 4v2s at home and mid, it just may inspire you to figure out what is going on here.

But, maybe you already know why. Maybe I’m just being screwed with. Sometimes I really do question it. Don’t take this as the usual idle rant about losing. I’ve played 10,000 matches and have personally trained 100s of players, some of which who went on to form ESL teams. I know the difference between players who are trying and theatrics.

You need to make your playstyle situational based on what teammates you have. If you have two beginner thieves, running a 1v3 side-point druid and watching your team die while 4v2ing mid will not leverage your ability to carry a game. If you switch to a high damage, high mobility carry when you’re expected to carry teammates is usually the smartest route. If your teamfight is really weak and you’re losing them, make sure to be there yourself and influence it.

In a match with all plat+ players, playing meta builds, your strongest class and build will do just fine, any small amount of winning you do (a 1v1, a 2v2) let alone a 1v3, that’s going to surely result in a win if you keep doing that.

If you catch yourself thinking: “Oh as long as my team wins mid 3v2, we’ll be fine.” Someone will get staggered, start doing a Forest neutral, or insta die. It’s better to just be everywhere and have a hand in all the crucial fights!!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My MM experience this season has been more mixed. My placement matches went HORRIBLY (3 wins, 7 losses), before settling into the usual win 1/lose 1 pattern that’s defined all my previous seasons.

However, what I HAVE noticed more in this season is a greater bot presence. There’s a few names I’ve already reported as serial offenders. I have a feeling that these bots are what’s accounting for a lot of your woes; the regular fighting off point (because the bots will go wherever the enemy goes), the non-stop zerging (if the bots happen to lock onto a fellow teammate), and sometimes just outright bizarre behaviour like killing an enemy on a point followed by immediately running off without stopping to cap it.

We REALLY need a greater mod presence in PvP (and also the rest of the game) so that these undesirables can be caught and removed faster.

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Yeah, it’s good advice Chaith. Too often I try to take the easy route into a carry by drawing as many opponents as I can onto a neutral node or a node of my color, which like you said, works great if the match is relatively balanced but it works terrible during bad matches where 4 of my lower PUGs get chewed on other two nodes against 2 opponents who actually are running the types of builds you were referencing “like Toker on a Rev”. I need to focus more on assisting the weak players rather than assuming they can win 3v2s and 4v2s. I can see how this would make a difference in my match outcomes but I still have to ask: “Why in the hell does the other team have two players capable of winning 2v4s but my team has 4 dudes capable of losing 4v2s?” I mean seriously… it gets old after about 10 games in a row.

@ everyone else:
I see a lot of people pointing out botting/smurfing/aspects of luck, but I am not talking about botting/smurfing/aspects of luck during ques. I am talking about traceable evidence that the match making is tossing streaks of lopsided games on purpose. I was calling it a lose streak but I should have been calling it a bad match making streak. Situations where you are plat with four guys in gold but you are against a 1800 duo stacked with other players “who are on your friends list nonetheless” that you know are playing above 1500 all in plat. It’s a rating reset when this goes on for 10+ games.

Again, the question presented in this thread is:
Why are some people I talk to/play with experiencing the exact same thing, yet others I talk to/play with say their match making feels so balanced? These two extreme points of view are reflected in rating history by two different types of players:

• Players that tag a 1600ish rating or something and then play between 1630, maybe drop down to 1580 and then back up and lower again, their rating seems to actual settle and they are clearly not undergoing chains of leg leg plat plat plat vs plat gold gold gold gold matches to reset their rating for 10+ games in a row on some automated lost streak that happens every 30 games or so.
  • Players that tag a 1600ish rating and climb to 1650 but then magically, after the first 30 games played, an automated lose streak occurs and then they drop down to like 1350 and then the lose streak stops and they are able to play normally again. After another 20+ games or so, they climb back up to that 1600ish rating but then the lose streak happens again in the same exact manner concerning clearly one lopsided match after another to ensure the forced loses? These types of players never have their rating settle no matter how many games they play. Isn’t that curious? How would the rating gain/lose remain so UBER volatile? And why would the occurrence and timing of these bad match streaks be so dependable and on schedule?

Call me crude but I honestly believe the difference between these two sorts of players is that some players are omitted from the automated lose streaks. Is this actually happening? Honestly not too sure but after 5 years of viewing these patterns, especially after visible rating was added, I’m convinced that it is happening.

Look at how many report the same exact thing in this forum and even in this thread.
Here is one that was posted recently:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/10-loss-streak-dev-feedback-required

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Been playing bunker druid since start of season. First 50 games were played between 1500 and 1560 rating, solidly. For once, things felt balanced. Win 500 to 450 or lose 450 to 500, games were good. Suddenly upon the morning of 8/24/2017, there was a distinct shift in match quality. Went on a 15 game lose streak where losses were looking like 200 to 500 or worse. I 1v2 or sometimes 1v3 far, the entire game, usually never even die. Yet my team mates cannot cap/hold home OR mid in 4v3s and 4v2s.
This is no embellishment, my matches are complete kitten every single time I que.

I saw the same thing happen to Chaith on day one. He was put on a team that simply couldn’t do anything to our team. Chaith carried hard but it didn’t matter because his teammates were exploding on contact. So I don’t want to hear anything about “getting good” because it is true that bad enough match making can create impossible to win situations for even the best players.

Furthermore, I find it odd that during the first three days, the matches felt real. Every player was communicating and trying hard. It felt like an inhouse or scrim. I could tell the players were real and every match was try hard balanced scores between 500/450 for wins or losses. Then suddenly… 15 games in a row of questionably real players. Where people never communicate, they almost seem like bots at times and I wonder if they are throwing or if they are handicapped one armed players. They aren’t just losing matches no, they do questionable things:

• Example A: I am far point 1v1ing an enemy bunker druid on my team’s color. My thief comes to + me but instead of actually DPSing the bunker druid “which has no damage to threaten the thief” he dances around, dodging and only striking once every 3 or 4 seconds with #1 auto then goes back to random dodging and won’t leave when I tell him to. Is he making it look like he is doing something but in actuality is just throwing? He is either throwing or he is actually a handicapped player with one arm.
  • Example B: I am literally “1v3ing the far point while holding it neutral for 4 minutes or more”, I look at the mini map and see home and mid as the enemy color and 4 of my teammates on respawn. Yes, that has happened multiple times during this 15 game loss streak. How is that even possible? I’ve been training new players for years now and I can say that 4 intermediate or even new players can kill 2 veteran players rather easily in 9/10 situations. So what the hell is going on here? Is there still UBER mass amounts of match manipulation going on or do anet devs secret play in matches and like to screw with certain players? Because let me tell ya, Always seeing 4 players lose to 2 players, has got to be throwing or purposeful placement with handicapped players who only have one arm, but the match making cannot possibly be that bad. I don’t believe it. Either way you look at it, something is up that isn’t being talked about.
  • Example C: Having the same exact people on my team over and over and over and over, yet the enemy teams are always different players. What is that and how is it even possible? It often feels like these players are being put with me to make 100% sure, that I lose the match every time.

My question is, why is this suddenly happening to me for 15 games in a row? Why do other players I talk to always tell me that their full season experience is more like my first 50 matches?

If anyone in that anet office cares to figure out what is wrong with this, please sit in and view my matches. I know you can do it and I think you should see this. Because when you see that I am not over-exaggerating the stories of 1v3ing far while my team losses 4v2s at home and mid, it just may inspire you to figure out what is going on here.

But, maybe you already know why. Maybe I’m just being screwed with. Sometimes I really do question it. Don’t take this as the usual idle rant about losing. I’ve played 10,000 matches and have personally trained 100s of players, some of which who went on to form ESL teams. I know the difference between players who are trying and theatrics.

Exact same thing is happening to me. My case scenario is worse, much worse. However mine didn’t happened as early as yours, my started yesterday, all losses with 1 wins. and it continues today. There are players on my team that does not even know the map, where to go or what to do, 2 players ran pass the beast, get kill mid way to the Keep point, MID GOLD rank and there are player who is clueless about the map, players who melts on contact, players who don’t kite, dont konw what to do on different maps. Terrible, just terrible.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

(edited by SweetPotato.7456)

in PvP

Posted by: Juidodin.5829

Juidodin.5829

this is normal in gold div at prime time.. win chances are around 10%, win 1 lose 10
outside prime time my win chances get up to 70%

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Guys, there are 2 reasons for this:

A lot of new players are coming in the PVP or a lot of them don’t care much about winning or losing and just having fun fighting the enemy.

Why there are new players (that are not as experienced as you) in the ranked matches?

Simple – because of the legendary armor upgrade. This is time-consuming but still faster and easier way for a lot of PVE players to get a legendary piece of armor. For 1 reason or another, they don’t play raids or can’t clear them so they choose a lot easier way to get that legendary piece. They play WvW + PVP to get even faster the 6 pieces of legendary armor – this may take 3 months max. Compared to the raiding this is faster and easier.

The other reason why there are such PVPers is that a lot of new GW2 players are coming now, with the introduction of the new expansion. You can’t expect complete noob to handle good team fights.

Solution to this is to make your own team since ANET haven’t separated the teams from the pugs, aka you will get AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE against the enemy because u will play with players that:

A) You have communication with (ts or whatever), which results in faster and more accurate coordination.

B) You play with people that you have chosen to be on the team, know what they can handle and what they can’t, most likely you know they are good PVP players. Or maybe you call your 5 years relationship in GW2 PVP players that you know so good that you can read their minds and know what exactly they will do at any moment.

This way even if the enemy has 2-3 good players (in most cases and rarely 4, and extremely rare there are 5 ppl that know whats going on) you will have higher chances of winning. This, my friends, is called increasing the odds by taking the things in your hands.

Another solution will be for ANET to rework the matchmaking system… Like a lot and make it more accurate. To introduce average dmg done/healing done/kills etc etc for each player and to combine teams based on these stats. Top stats acquired, etc etc. And of course teams vs teams (only) and pugs vs pugs, similar to overwatch. If the enemy team have 3 players in a party, your team will almost always have 3 teams in a party too.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Still missing the point

The point is discussion behind matches that are placed like:
leg leg plat plat gold vs. plat gold gold gold gold
That has nothing to do with new players on the scene.
That is a problem with stacked match making.
There is no reason why the match making could not rather do:
leg leg plat gold gold vs. plat plat plat gold gold

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Myabe next time read my whole post

in PvP

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

Experiencing the exact same thing as u Trevor. Everything u posted in this thread i’v gone through for past 3 seasons in EU. Its acually scary lol.
My mmr has not settled ever. I hit the 10 loss streak walls at 1500-1550. Once i passed into tier 2 plat 1650 and the loss streak hit me then. This usualy drops me to t3-t2 gold. I then easly climb back up with allot of wins and maybe an occasional loss here and there. I keep bouncing up and down the ladder the whole seasons 1550-1350 and end up 1550ish at end of season. The losses and causes of them always feel so forced somehow once the 10+ loss streak starts and my matches are filled with beginner level teammates while facing full meta enemy team comps and even 2x duos.

(edited by Hostility.4961)

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Seasons 1-4 had flaws but it was muuuch better then this brain dead kindergarten system now. I mean look in NA we have the “top” players again with most likely match manipulation (in many forms) and stupid duo builds vs pug teams. We don’t have a real top list yet again just basement kiddos on a fake list like seasons 5-7.

I played hardcore ranked in 1-4 and kind of season 5 then 6 7 and now has just not been worth the time and agony. All the trash and toxic players (pve hunters, and manipulators) are in ranked right now comparing who has a bigger mouse.

Unranked has been where the fun is for a few seasons now. Let the trash play trash in ranked if you are frustrated. The rewards here will stay, just wait till season 9 or 13 till it gets better then play ranked and go for them.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

There are so many posts in here about teams being “stacked” and how apparently Anet singles out certain players to lose matches, but I’m not seeing any sort of evidence to back any of it up. I mean I get it, it’s not like you can verify everything that happens and that is why people want answers, but people here are making claims as if they were facts and tossing around a bunch of nonsense.

Really wish Anet would just show everyone’s individual rating on the scoreboard at the end of the match. This could allow players to provide better informed feedback about their matches instead of emotionally-fueled conspiracy theories that plague the forums every season.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I’ve noticed this stacking bias and I’m fairly confident it’s real, but it seems to be more time dependent than anything.

Whenever I lose a match, I simply log out to go do homework or go PvE. Come back a few hours later. Ride the win streaks and don’t allow the loss streaks to even begin. Seems to be a fairly reliable technique but I’m pretty sure it has earned me a rank far higher than I deserve.

There’s gotta be a logical error in the match sorting for this to happen, something unaccounted for that may be related to account names or something arbitrary. Whatever it is, it’s throwing ratings so far off that hardly any of it’s relevant anymore. The skill disparity I find in ranked is the same as it is in unranked right now. There’s virtually no differentiation in match quality. In fact, last night, I had 3 unranked matches in a row that were within 20 points of each other. One of them was 499-499 before one of my team mates killed an enemy player. I just don’t seem to be getting this in ranked anymore.

Myself and many others have been suggesting that teams should be MMR balanced as closely as possible before a match start. Glicko, nor any other rating evaluation, is going to have any meaningful impact on rating accuracy if the precondition of assumed balance is not first met. The simple fact we do not have such matching algorithm in the first place is probably what’s allowing whatever mysterious biases to create these win-loss streaks.

Further, people have been pointing out that Glicko itself has a logical flaw in it’s assumptions, as it was designed for 1v1 ratings, not 5v5. We even have known rating award adjustments post match that further undermine proper sorting, such as giving higher rated players less MMR and the lowest rated players the highest amount. It over-rewards the carried and under-rewards carry capable players. Ideally it should be equal, and that the differentiation be leveraged through matching, not end reward adjustments. Ideally, climbing above a 50% win ratio should be impossible once a player has reached their rating level, but seeing players with 100+ wins and 20ish losses is clear evidence of these failures.

I understand that people will complain regardless, but when things are legitimately messy, those complaints will be valid. The logic behind equal outcome doesn’t work in competitive environments. You can’t appease someone’s hardships without handing them off to someone else.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

The op has trained no one. Thanks for the laugh tho. -ESL player.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I mean look in NA we have the “top” players again with most likely match manipulation (in many forms) and stupid duo builds vs pug teams. We don’t have a real top list yet again just basement kiddos on a fake list like seasons 5-7.

I’ve played vs all the top leaderboard people on NA, and there are a lot in the top 30 who carry the hell out of every game they’re in.. what’s your evidence to suggest they’re match manipulating or not legitimately skilled? Every season when you can duo with a friend or queue at any timezone, so it seems like you are making no points

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Here’s my first game back after Pax West. This game was pure setup in terms of team class comps and we got to face 2 duos vs our 1.

I knew we were doomed when our trap dh ran for home, supplanting our thief.. then ran far. This game was a setup from the moment the match started and that is not fun.

Sure , passive aggressive arguments can be made, but the simple fact is, this is why population is low.

~EDIT~ I’m the blue side Mesmer with 3 top stats. The l2p people should take that into consideration. I’m also playing a core build because I dislike the number of nerfs and restrictions to Chronomancer.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Here’s my first game back after Pax West. This game was pure setup in terms of team class comps and we got to face 2 duos vs our 1.

I knew we were doomed when our trap dh ran for home, supplanting our thief.. then ran far. This game was a setup from the moment the match started and that is not fun.

Sure , passive aggressive arguments can be made, but the simple fact is, this is why population is low.

~EDIT~ I’m the blue side Mesmer with 3 top stats. The l2p people should take that into consideration. I’m also playing a core build because I dislike the number of nerfs and restrictions to Chronomancer.

Come on girl. Give it a rest. You are talking to brick walls. It’s equivalent to talking to trust fund kiddies about the economy. Just do yourself a favor. Meet up with me in discord. Allow me to take you on a trip to the darkside, for a few matches.

Then you can be like me. And joke around with the foke, on these forums and laugh at them. No need to waste yourself on a pseudo-competitive game mode, if you are have wants of being competitive. I can completely solve your problems here. Just like I solved mines. Come come to the darkside, feel the competitive vibe of the darkside.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

The op has trained no one. Thanks for the laugh tho. -ESL player.

Oh yes I have. I didn’t say I trained pro players who have won a WTS. I trained players who made it into bottom line up teams within the ESL, a couple of them at least. Trained quite a few players who ended up running AGs and doing fairly well.

My name was in circulation for awhile as a guy to contact for these purposes, amongst new players and new teams arriving into the GW2 scene. It wasn’t because I was the best player, frankly it was because I was one of the extremely few people who was running an actual entry level spvp guild, that actually took the time to sit down with these new players and make them run scrims, 1v1 and 2v2 practices, rather than invite 200 players and then ignore them. In modern GW2 terms, I was taking bronze/silver entry level players and in a little short of a week, bringing them to a gold 3ish/plat 1ish level of competition. When they felt they had learned all they could from me and were ready, they would move on with hopes of finding more competitive teachers that could bring them to a tournament level. A few succeeded, most others failed. But isn’t that how the story goes in general for everyone?

Regardless of all that, Thunderbird, you are a great player but your commentary towards me was either in ignorance or disrespect, maybe a bit of both. Saying: “I have trained no one” to me, suggests that you are only acknowledging some extremely small player base of the top 5% of the elite community. Maybe the players I’ve trained never became stapled GW2 icons such as The Abjured or TCG, but some of them did find spots in functional teams and were around briefly, within the competitive scene. Maybe I am not the one that brought them to that tournament level of competition, but I was the one who took the time to play games with them and teach them the basic essentials, when other players were avoiding their inexperience like the plague. Saying: “I have taught no one” is hilarious considering that I am probably amongst the top 3 players within this community who has brought players to GW2, introduced them to spvp, taught them the basic essentials and kept them interested in the game. I’ll make that statement very boldly. That is just what happens when you run an honest to god entry level spvp guild that is actually active.

At any rate Thunderbird, it would be surprising if we could look at some statistic that showed players still playing, good and bad, players that don’t log in anymore, and how many of them were given the basic essentials not through a youtube video but through my personal time shared teaching them. You should learn a bit more about respecting others efforts and accomplishments, least you expose your nonchalant and egocentric buffoonery. You don’t need to respect me but you should respect the pillars of effort that keep players interested in this game mode.

Shout out to all the guys who dedicated personal time to teaching new players

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Matchmaking is utter trash as every season (devs dont bother to check my match history, I pvped on another account). Dont think it will ever get better with the low population, people who just want to farm rewards and people who game the matchmaker by deliberately dropping their rating (top 25 title people in gold division?!)

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The matches will never be balanced,as long as the classes are as unbalanced as they are,and the MM does not take into account builds in order to determine the teams’ set up.
Besides that,and one of the main reasons that starting from today I’m not touching PvP in this game again,is that there are way too many builds that are not fun to play against.
I can’t have 2 Necros and 2 burn Guards on the enemy team spamming conditions with 0 effort,while I die like a kitten because there’s no healer in my team,and even if there was one,nothing can compensate for all that damage.
Way too much reward for 0 effort.
I understand that I’d have more luck talking to a wall,given how the new Elites seem to be all of the same in terms of power creep,and of course the players that utilise op builds in order to advance believe that all is good and fine.
Until someone at Anet realises that the people responsible for the PvP balancing of classes are hurting the game more than they do good,PvP will keep losing players,and no MM in the world can make this right.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Only problem I have with the matchmaking is having Solo and Duo on the same leaderboard. The matchmaking algorithm isn’t really designed to really have them coexist and really place people where they are supposed to.

Top players shouldn’t worry, they would still be at the top solo, but their stats likely wouldn’t be padded so much and games would be far more competitive than just seeing who can play off-hours duo and go friends-list-invisible more.

If they do keep the Duo system, they could make it so gain less rating so its discouraged. Most people Duo because its one of the only ways to really go up consistently in rating at a certain point.

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Still missing the point

The point is discussion behind matches that are placed like:
leg leg plat plat gold vs. plat gold gold gold gold
That has nothing to do with new players on the scene.
That is a problem with stacked match making.
There is no reason why the match making could not rather do:
leg leg plat gold gold vs. plat plat plat gold gold

this all, specially those statements of plat-plat-plat-gold-silv vs silv-silv-gold-silv-silv and the read in the wiki (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm) tell me the MM is looking first to find a proper 5-man-roster and then find a proper opponent. right?
this would declare much of the stated problems. maybe i misread the wiki, please clarify if so…

wouldn’t it be better overall to find a total of 10 players and if found team them up afterwards? like overall more balanced matchups? how could you just not do so?

again maybe im wrong…
please someone clarify me

(yes i know, i replied the wrong thread – sorry for double posting)

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

Another one, with exact same details and explanation of the somehow frequently occurring anomaly:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/My-Season-Experience

in PvP

Posted by: Vectra.1968

Vectra.1968

Hello
sorry for my english …tarzan style)
But this saturday morning my loose rating down to 100 % +-40 match …..I don’t understand why,bcz i don’t loose more than 50%, never, never.

I see this files and my sensation is, they are a probleme…me ?
I think no.

in PvP

Posted by: Xarimath.4518

Xarimath.4518

Beware, the following message is a wall of text, if you don’t want to read the introduction, just skip at the end of it

[INTRODUCTION]

I’ve been playing PvP actively since Season 5. I’m not a top player, but I consider myself decent, or at least a bit above average. I’ve been watching as well streaming of famous people like “Helseth” “Phantaram” and Sindrener, just to improve my basic knowledge of GW2 PvP, as where and how to rotate, when dueling people, who to focus in the beginning of teamfight, how to prioritise things, etc etc…

Usually I main elementalist my beloved class since I purchased the game back in 2012. I used to play Auramancer since S5 started, I did find it really easy to pick up and kinda bunkery, so I could stay in teamfight without getting oneshotted by the time I was picking up with the mechanics, despite getting a decent amount of heals and improoving my playstyle, (I managed to get 1Mill of Healing when there was still the sigil that was increasing the healing of 10%,) people were keeping making mistakes like jumping straight away into DH traps and instant die before you can actually press a button to heal them or “protect” them (with Aftershock or using your body with Magnetic Wave to shield them). So my effort to carry were completely nullyfied, in fact Auramancer is not a great roamer, lacking of mobility, so I was sticking to teamfights by the book.

Anyway, I kept playing Auramancer until S7. In Season 5 and 6 I ended Silver II, which was fine for me, I thought I wasn’t enough skilled, so Silver 2 was quite a good place where to end.

In Season 7, although, I managed to get gold 2 after 2 months of pain, at the very last 2 weeks before the Season was ending. You can’t imagine my joy, I started feeling so confident in my skills, but the dream lasted only 1 week, since I dropped till Silver 3, and I made up with myself, since I though that reaching Gold 2 was just a coincidence, and the System punished me to be lucky, and put me back in place. Well I said, Silver III, better than the last season, right?

[/INTRODUCTION]

Season 8 started quite well for me surprisingly, still maining Elementalist but this time I decided to change role, stop healing people who were constantly dying. We’re switching to DPS, after playing 2 days in sPvP to practice it, Fresh Air I decided, that’s the way to go.

I’ve been playing elementalist since season started swapping with DH sometimes, Engi or Warrior, classes on which I’m decent at them since they don’t require particular skills to be good, although I’m far from mastering them. (I can’t play Thief, I can’t play Mesmer, I tried, I find a lot of difficulties to main the classes, I’m trying to address this issue for the future, practice makes perfect, they say).

Anyway, by Roaming as Fresh Air, I ended in Gold 2, Winning 6 Games and losing 4. Not bad at all right? I thought I was a Silver Player considering the last season results, so I got a bit of confidence in me.

After one week of floating between gold 1 and gold 2 I got a massive loosing streak, 7 games in a row and I ended in Silver 3, around 1140 rating more or less.

Never Mind I said, that’s where I belong, I got really lucky in the placement games, all the past season I’ve been floating between Silver 2 and Gold 1, so Silver 3 it’s a kinda accurate and that is where I belong, right?

Well, I kept playing and I managed to climb again back to Gold 1, not without difficulties I have to say. I thought then I’m finally a Gold player, all the hard work of the past season and the practicing in unranked finally gave the results.

This time, although, I wanted to keep my gold rank as long as possible till the end of the season and I’ve read on the forums that Unfortunately Saturday and Sunday are the worst days when to play, since it’s the time when all the casuals decide to try Ranked.

Fair enough, right? They deserve to play as well. So I dealt with myself, and I decided to not play last week end and start playing again on last monday.

Bare in mind I was gold 1 till last Sunday, I was 1248 rating. This time, my ambition punished me, I went greedy, I wanted to get back my gold 2, but nothing goes according to the plans… I started loosing… 1 game, 2 games, 3 games… I was keeping telling to myself.. "I managed to climb back from Silver to gold, so It’s possible, I just need to keep confidence in myself and in my skills.

Well, I’m Silver 2 now. 1060 of Rating.

I almost ended crying for the frustration, all the time invested in a game and it didn’t pay off. Am I really bad? It’s quite possible, PvP is not for everybody, although I really enjoy it, but sometimes we need to be men, admit our limits and move on…

I just wanted to share my 2 cents about the start of the season. There is still one month and 2 weeks and new XPAC will be introduced… So anything can change, although at the moment I loose more than winning, I know that I’m not the only one and reading that happened to many other people tears me a smile, although what if we all suck and only 100 people can really play pvp in this game?

No idea.

My Season 8 start : [img]https://s26.postimg.org/yt3pigktj/gw060.jpg[/img]

My Season 8 Right now : [img]https://s26.postimg.org/kb6iagtif/gw063.jpg[/img]

Jariel, your friendly neighborhood elementalist.

in PvP

Trevor Boyer.6524

aaaaaand another one:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/My-Season-Experience/first#post6738557

Boy this sure seems to be happening to a lot of people. I mean could you even lose 10 in a row if you tried? Even if you AFK’d every match, you’d get a couple matches out of 10 where your team was able to 4v5.

I find this phenomena pretty odd.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I suspect they are trying to measure in game skill somehow. So if you do well in the game even if you lose 10 times they will treat you like a carry player and pair you with bad players. I would guess you should appear to under preform the moment you see your team having a guaranteed loss. This is why players afk as the match goes on and looks like a loss.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I suspect they are trying to measure in game skill somehow. So if you do well in the game even if you lose 10 times they will treat you like a carry player and pair you with bad players. I would guess you should appear to under preform the moment you see your team having a guaranteed loss. This is why players afk as the match goes on and looks like a loss.

No they have no in-game way of placing you according to stats, or have the ability to sort those that performed good rotations & mechanics. It’s all about win or lose and against whom

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

aaaaaand another one:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/My-Season-Experience/first#post6738557

Boy this sure seems to be happening to a lot of people. I mean could you even lose 10 in a row if you tried? Even if you AFK’d every match, you’d get a couple matches out of 10 where your team was able to 4v5.

I find this phenomena pretty odd.

I’d hope not. That means the matchmaking is as bad as you describe it. If you truly AFK’d 10 matches in a row, you should lose all 10 matches by a landslide.