Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Season almost over - final opinions?

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope, that’s reddit. Anet has to mess up really, really badly for the more negative posts to not be downvoted there.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

The meta is better than S1 (wasn’t that hard to achieve, honestly), but there’s still a lot to improve (power creep I’m looking at you).

Matchmaking is an absolute mess, I’m playing here and there these last days but the final scorings show 90%+ of the times the losing team with less than 300 points. Legendary x2 atm. And it’s been the same all over the season.

It’s completely broken, it’s almost impossible to get nice matches played to the bitter end (i.e. with the losing team scoring at least 400 point).

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

Absolutely awe full. For me last season was miles better. Matchmaking is so beyond broken that it prevents good players from getting to Legendary and allows PvE players who have barely touched PvE to go straight to Legendary. I sincerely hope something changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Exactly at zodi, we are being punished for participating in S1.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Absolutely awe full. For me last season was miles better. Matchmaking is so beyond broken that it prevents good players from getting to Legendary and allows PvE players who have barely touched PvE to go straight to Legendary. I sincerely hope something changes.

What a bag of blaming bulllkitten.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

This season is significantly better than last for me.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Complete fail.
Unbalanced professions, terrible matchmaking, uncompetitive ladder.

Grade: F-

in PvP

Posted by: Crash.5362

Crash.5362

Unbalanced professions. Warrior is completely dead and some professions are too easy to carry with without evne knowing what you’re doing
(God, I’ve played 600+ games as Warrior and just picked up Reaper because I was sick of playing a off-meta class. Without knowing a THING about necros, I already win 100% of my duels and often 2v1s)
matchmaking is a bit broken, I get teamed up with the exact same people all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Soo Anet only reads reddit and they don’t read their own forum?
K so I don’t really know how reddit works it looks way more confusing than the forum here but since they only read that I went ahead and made an account there so I could leave feedback there EVERYONE should do that.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

S2 has been the worst experience of my guild wars playing experience over 10 years, am broken demoralized struggling to progress despite my personal improvement and feel am getting nowhere with endless loss streaks – and the worst part is there is no end in sight kitten will be even worse for me

I wont give up as its not my nature but I have no hpe anymore

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

keep lying yourself with that bullkitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

I honestly had a lot more fun this season….balance still isn’t great and build diversity needs improved. But the meta is still better than S1 and the match making is MUCH better IMO. Winstreaks let me breeze to Ruby and since then I’ve had a lot of fun matches, mostly wins, but almost every game was close and challenging!

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The meta is leaps and bounds better than S1 and MM has apparently had some issues which haven’t actualized for me. It’s a big improvement if you ask me, though I’m sure other peoples’ opinions are different.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Sooo true, I’ve read so many posts by PVEers who never play pvp that said it was super easy getting to legendary and read even more posts by people who have been playing ranked pvp for years that say they can’t win for kitten this season. (even though they used to win frequently) How can anyone take pvp in this game seriously anymore, its like a huge ROFLMAO joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedrion.6104

Caedrion.6104

Sooo true, I’ve read so many posts by PVEers who never play pvp that said it was super easy getting to legendary and read even more posts by people who have been playing ranked pvp for years that say they can’t win for kitten this season. (even though they used to win frequently) How can anyone take pvp in this game seriously anymore, its like a huge ROFLMAO joke.

^ this is over 9k spot on… thank you Anet… on your attempt to get pve players more involved with pvp u actually made the ppl that loved pvp hate the @#$ of this game..

Cause leaving ppl to their own business was somehow wrong in your books, lets mix it all up and see what gives..

in PvP

godsie.2864

^ this is over 9k spot on… thank you Anet… on your attempt to get pve players more involved with pvp u actually made the ppl that loved pvp hate the @#$ of this game..

Cause leaving ppl to their own business was somehow wrong in your books, lets mix it all up and see what gives..

this is so true

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Uh.. it wasn’t great, match/player quality didn’t particularly improve between divisions, it wasn’t hard probably a bit easier than last season tbh, but I had to force myself to play. Biggest problem is no division loss. Too many people of low skill in leagues they shouldn’t be in, complaining about huge loss streaks, convinced they ought to go even higher when they really ought to go down. I didn’t enjoy it.

I’m not trying to be mean, but every player I encountered in my matches who claimed to be on a huge loss streak or being stuck… was stuck for a reason. If you’re stuck, maybe instead of blaming the system, consider if it’s not maybe you that’s the problem. Sorry for the truth bomb.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I don’t know what to think tbh. I’ll admit, I didn’t take part in Season 1, I even PvP’d less during Season 1, only going into Unranked when I did. I can’t comment on Season 1 obviously for that reason.

When Season 2 rolled around, I decided to play some Ranked this time. I’ve had no issues actually climbing the divisions, but I have noticed a lot of the games are blowouts. The losing team is at something like 150 or 180 points.

In all honesty, I actually stopped playing over the last couple of weeks. I’m just losing the drive to play. Lack of build variety sure isn’t helping either. PvP is feeling veeeeeeery messy in my honest opinion.

So, although I’ve personally not had issues actually climbing the divisions in this Season, and I’ve not experienced MMR Hell, something is up. I don’t know if Ellie’s experienced MMR Hell, but she’s not new to Guild Wars or PvP. She’s PvP’d since Gw1 (high five!) so she’s not talking through ignorance.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

Balance bad, elite specs all need to be nerfed. Matchmaking much bettet, the winstreaks let me pretty much breeze through to diamond where i then got some close matches. Was playing shatter mesmer soloq.

People need to be able to lose division. The main problem i ser everywhere is people who are experiencing lose steaks. This is not because of bad matchmaking (likely), but the fact that they get stuck in a division that is too high for them.

(edited by Zelda.6325)

in PvP

godsie.2864

Balance bad, elite specs all need to be nerfed. Matchmaking much bettet, the winstreaks let me pretty much breeze through to diamond where i then got some close matches. Was playing shatter mesmer soloq.

People need to be able to lose division. The main problem i ser everywhere is people who are experiencing lose steaks. This is not because of bad matchmaking (likely), but the fact that they get stuck in a division that is too high for them.

as said before then people would get to their high division and not play anymore thus increasing queue times even more and lead to far less competition than there is now so

in PvP

godsie.2864

Uh.. it wasn’t great, match/player quality didn’t particularly improve between divisions, it wasn’t hard probably a bit easier than last season tbh, but I had to force myself to play. Biggest problem is no division loss. Too many people of low skill in leagues they shouldn’t be in, complaining about huge loss streaks, convinced they ought to go even higher when they really ought to go down. I didn’t enjoy it.

I’m not trying to be mean, but every player I encountered in my matches who claimed to be on a huge loss streak or being stuck… was stuck for a reason. If you’re stuck, maybe instead of blaming the system, consider if it’s not maybe you that’s the problem. Sorry for the truth bomb.

I do blame myself and have tried very hard to improve and look at my faults – but once you don that it is still very hard with the system to make progress – I am where I should be I feel but still get no competitive matches and no chance of even seeing progress from my efforts to improve

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are people that are experiencing losing streaks in low divisions on their main accounts, while their secondary (f2p, so no elite specs, so playing handicapped) breezes to high divisions with no problem.
You’re saying that they belong to two wildly different divisions at the same time? Oh, please…
Yes, the matchmaking is bad.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I do blame myself and have tried very hard to improve and look at my faults – but once you don that it is still very hard with the system to make progress – I am where I should be I feel but still get no competitive matches and no chance of even seeing progress from my efforts to improve

Good for you. Most people just place blame elsewhere. Idk you, so you said, you might be where you should be, either because you’ve hit your skill ceiling or because this is as high as your current skill level will get you. I can’t tell you. But I’m not sure what you’re expecting. If you are where you belong currently, you wouldn’t make progress, if the system was working (I’d argue it isn’t. It’s far easy to progress). And if you continued improving, you’d probably see progress. As far as competitive matches go, you don’t really get many (if any) of those anywhere.

This is assuming you’re not affected by some form of elo hell. But as I understand it’s a minority who are experiencing this issue, so chances are many of the people complaining about being stuck are not experiencing elo hell.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

After 200+ matches I noticed some trends.

Out of 200 games;
Only 3 of them were the final score 30 points apart. The rest were either wins by 200+ points or losses by 200+ points. This suggests teams were not as evenly matched as what was hoped for.

As a legendary champion/shadow/phantom/legionaire I rarely saw titles like this in ranked, yet in unranked I am paired with them every 2nd or 3rd match.

In ruby and diamond I was still seeing players not communicating, not talking, not pinging map, not rotating, fighting way of node, refusing to alt swap. If amber is beginner and legendary is pro..well, as each division got crossed you notice that amber extends all the way to legendary.

Necro/engi/ele featured spectacularly more than all other professions combined.

Guardians were only ever one build and one build only.

Druids were all minor variations on one build.

Necro’s were 98% the same exact build.

Engi were all the same.

No one ran a non HoT elite spec that i noticed.

All the 5 man premades I faced when 2 or more people in my team had cued got thoroughly destroyed all but once. (One of the very few games where only 30 points separated us.)

There is people in ruby/diamond/legendary that have ultimately lost more games than they won this season. I technically can be diamond with a score card of 150 wins and 175 losses. This defeats the purpose of a glicko 2 MMR system. Divisions need to be able to be gained and lost.

A lot people cruised to sapphire t3-4 without a single loss and then notice their teams and matches became wildly hap hazard in quality.

Conditions were heavily favoured over power builds.

I had fun. I used to Pvp heavily, but these days I time starved. I can only play a few matches a day at most..some days I don’t play at all. When this is the case, there is no real reason to play. I can easily obtain a legendary back piece through fractals faster and with more consistency. I also just didn’t dig the back piece. So if instead I focus on unranked (where i see a lot more profession representation and players get better.) There is no real reward for achieving a champ status beyond getting some achievement points and another title to add to the list.

All in all hotjoin is a toxic beginner zone to introduce people to Pvp and have them learn that builds and play style are only 50% at most of the game and rotations and positioning are crucial to winning. Unranked provides no real reward or guarantees well balanced matches. Ranked is only suitable for those who have the time and patience to grind to the division where their ego is satisfied now (My apologies to those who didn’t grind..but they are aware of what I mean by that statement.)

Battle of champions dusk occurs far too regularly.

Skyhammer, khylo, spirit watch were all heavily down voted in favour of legacy and forest.

These are just the observations I have gleaned when looking back at collected data over my previous 200 games.

in PvP

godsie.2864

Good for you. Most people just place blame elsewhere. Idk you, so you said, you might be where you should be, either because you’ve hit your skill ceiling or because this is as high as your current skill level will get you. I can’t tell you. But I’m not sure what you’re expecting. If you are where you belong currently, you wouldn’t make progress, if the system was working (I’d argue it isn’t. It’s far easy to progress). And if you continued improving, you’d probably see progress. As far as competitive matches go, you don’t really get many (if any) of those anywhere.

This is assuming you’re not affected by some form of elo hell. But as I understand it’s a minority who are experiencing this issue, so chances are many of the people complaining about being stuck are not experiencing elo hell.

I feel I have the ELO hell effect from my past historical MMR I would have to win about 100 matches consecutively to make any progress on my MMR now so I have to put up with that
as far as what I would like – some competitive matches and a chance is all – I know I wont get that from posting on forum but makes me feel a bit better anyway

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Winning streak is flawed concept. While rewarding a individual for consistent winning is wonderful but PvP is a team game, not a individual game. Winning streak should only be applicable if it is a same full team that made consistent winning.

There should be a way to report AFKers and match throwers, throughout my hundreds of matches, I have encounter more than a handful of afkers and match throwers.

The matchup MMR is flawed. If the PvP population for that timing is low, you will end up with the same teammates and if the team happen to bad, you can keep losing the whole timezone until the more people come on. What’s more, dev blog mentioned same MMR are matched together before looking for another team. This means that the two teams could have a huge gap. Of course, if there is a bonus for lower MMR team to win the higher MMR team, it isn’t that bad but there is no such bonus.

Comeback pip is stupid. It is what make bad players have easier time climbing up the ladder.

You shouldn’t be allowed to pre-made with people who are division apart from each other.

Edit 1:
I personally think S1 is better, better in a way of the bonus pip. There is no such nonsense as comeback pip, there is 2 pip for winning 4v5 and fighting overwhelming opponent. No loss of pip when the points are really close. S1 had more thoughts when pip design is concern. S2 is really more of a carebear system to let people recover and breeze. This result in more players reaching legendary easily, reducing queue time in legend. However, it also means less efforts put in to reach there, resulting poorer differentiation in skill level. Players really need to decide it, carebear or not carebear. Quantity or quality.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in PvP

Posted by: surrge.3214

surrge.3214

Way better than last season. No more 15 min timer games and win streak system makes it so players who should be in legendary get there asap. Played less than a hundred games on an alt class (ele is so boring to play) in 5 days and made legend no prob. All the actual “good” players got to legend no problem that I know of. Not everyone is going to be in legend, some people make it who shouldn’t be there. If it feels like a grind to you or you are having issues you probably shouldn’t be in legend.

Splurrge-Ele
Surrge of the Mists-Rev
Pixel Surrge-Ele

(edited by surrge.3214)

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

ANET needs to address proper class balance before they even consider another league system. The class balance right now is a joke. Consequently, making leagues a joke. Throw in the absurdly illogical MMR/matchmaking algorithm currently in place where PvE players can outrank traditional PvP players either due to class carry or build carry, and well....cant get any worse....or can it? Try getting queued up all day against 3-4 or even 5 necros/reapers in back-to-back matches in Diamond rank soloQ.

Might want to revisit condition/power balance that was actually fair some ~2-2.5 years back?

And for the love of God, please delete ranked Stronghold. Either include it in a real ESL tournament or remove it. Who even comes up with this stuff?

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I pretty much stopped playing about half way through the season. Didn’t reach my goals, was just so unfun that it wasn’t worth putting myself though. I found other things to do. Not even sure if I’ll go back at this point. Kind of turned off to the game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I wouldn’t say positive, it was just better than S1. A ton still sucks. I’d call both seasons bad. But yes, S2 is better than S1. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t change anything…

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

It’s a boring grind, that doesn’t even measure skill due to the fact that the reward Vs Risk is at it’s lowest point in gw2 history.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

It’s a boring grind, that doesn’t even measure skill due to the fact that the reward Vs Risk is at it’s lowest point in gw2 history.

True… amber players are about as good as legendary players…they just grinded a bit more. Just like pro league players arent much better than id guess ruby/ diamond max players….they just had more luck and grinded more.

If they where a bit less lucky and got stuck in MMR hell theyd probs still be stuck in emerald or ruby max. Im sure of it

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: ShadowHunter.5173

ShadowHunter.5173

Guys if you are going to play your same builds for years in pvp thinking all pve players are scrubs obviously they are going to win you more often than not.
PvE players change their builds more frequently and tbh getting used to the concept of conquest is not rocket science, you can get the hang of it in less than a week, those who have bad habits from last seasons bunker-fest will most likely rotate less.
You don’t need years of practice to win a veteran pvp player who’s stuck in Ruby for the entire season.. some basic understanding of rotations is more than enough to win most of those spirit broken scrubs.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

There are people that are experiencing losing streaks in low divisions on their main accounts, while their secondary (f2p, so no elite specs, so playing handicapped) breezes to high divisions with no problem.
You’re saying that they belong to two wildly different divisions at the same time? Oh, please…
Yes, the matchmaking is bad.

No, but if moving them down is what it takes to STOP the losing steak, then that is what needs to be done. I really could. not. care. less. what shiny symbol you have beside your name or if you have different shiny symbols on differnent accounts. Oh please… just hilarious.

in PvP

Highlie.7641

That’s cause you can’t go color blind and lose diversions.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I made it to legendary, but the matchmaking system is definitely broken for soloqers. There’s way too much garbage in legendary and too much skill floating around in Ruby for this to be appropriate. I hope in s3, they use something like what we had in s1 but where pips are used as a reflection of MMR instead of a matching criterion. The dual consideration from s1 and s2 is a logical error. Two ranking systems working at once can and will fight each other, either by slowing down someone good, or speeding up someone not so good. A lot of my guild mates left the game over this and I’ve had to join 3 new guilds to continue having a social experience with sPvP.

in PvP

surrge.3214

True… amber players are about as good as legendary players…they just grinded a bit more. Just like pro league players arent much better than id guess ruby/ diamond max players….they just had more luck and grinded more.

If they where a bit less lucky and got stuck in MMR hell theyd probs still be stuck in emerald or ruby max. Im sure of it

So you’re saying that to be a pro league player all you gotta do is grind? And that they are ruby or diamond at best? Lmao those guys have been scrimming and practicing even before season 2 and a lot of those players have been high tier since the start of the game! Saying they grinded to that point is absurd, I know that the challenger team I was on and even gems n tonic (players who have been together for over a year and competed in many tournies) played the night before the end of the season to secure a spot, it wasn’t a grind… we were just able to string together wins to get placement no problem compared to the average forum warrior.. one night of playing is far from a grind to be a pro player.. there is a reason why you see those same guys win AG’S and move on to ESL or now pro leagues. The only reason any other pro league player is not legend is because they only play when scrimmages are scheduled and give two kittens about divisions

Splurrge-Ele
Surrge of the Mists-Rev
Pixel Surrge-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My feeling is I quit halfway through and if fundamental changes aren’t made to the matchmaking I won’t be back.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Highlie.7641

“Saying they grinded to that point is absurd, I know that the challenger team I was on and even gems n tonic (players who have been together for over a year and competed in many tournies) played the night before the end of the season to secure a spot”

So they grinded more

in PvP

surrge.3214

“Saying they grinded to that point is absurd, I know that the challenger team I was on and even gems n tonic (players who have been together for over a year and competed in many tournies) played the night before the end of the season to secure a spot”

So they grinded more

Lol I meant playing a couple games the night prior to the end of season is nothing compared the amount of games people tried to play just to get out of ruby lmao 10-12 games in a row is nothing. A grind is spending 8 weeks to make legend.. making legend is in less than a week and practicing as a core team is not considered luck or even a grind

Splurrge-Ele
Surrge of the Mists-Rev
Pixel Surrge-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: ildjarn.7321

ildjarn.7321

I didn’t like the season. MMR really got me few times and made me literally feel nothing but disgust towards the whole game.

Balance is joke. Looking at you necros and guardians. If 70% of players choose one class and one build there is fundamentally something wrong.

And worst part? Anet once again does nothing. All it would take is just very minor tweaks and most problems would be fixed but this lazy kitten company hates their customers so much they rather see game die than fix problems.

Näin on.

in PvP

Ellie.5913

I don’t know what to think tbh. I’ll admit, I didn’t take part in Season 1, I even PvP’d less during Season 1, only going into Unranked when I did. I can’t comment on Season 1 obviously for that reason.

When Season 2 rolled around, I decided to play some Ranked this time. I’ve had no issues actually climbing the divisions, but I have noticed a lot of the games are blowouts. The losing team is at something like 150 or 180 points.

In all honesty, I actually stopped playing over the last couple of weeks. I’m just losing the drive to play. Lack of build variety sure isn’t helping either. PvP is feeling veeeeeeery messy in my honest opinion.

So, although I’ve personally not had issues actually climbing the divisions in this Season, and I’ve not experienced MMR Hell, something is up. I don’t know if Ellie’s experienced MMR Hell, but she’s not new to Guild Wars or PvP. She’s PvP’d since Gw1 (high five!) so she’s not talking through ignorance.

Um yea you could call it mmr hell or purgatory or w/e you wanna call it, I didn’t have to experience it for very long though before I said this kittens crazy I have WAY more interesting more fun things to do than this insanity…like watching paint dry and playing in traffic. So yea I’m not experiencing anything negative anymore since I stopped hitting that play ranked button

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

The game is the same garbage it’s always been.

Did not play at all during this season until the last week where I decided to give it a whirl. Been climbing up with massive winstreaks and am currently in high Diamond. But honestly, this game is cancer once people know how to play.

Brainless, stupid, face rolling builds dominate everything. I don’t have the expansion so my builds can’t destroy people with just once combo or one condition. Endless chains of CC. It’s so stupid, I don’t even. Druids spamming buttons while their pet forces you to waste dodges. It’s unreal. Ppl warping to kittening get rezzed. So kittened.

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I loved this season much more than previus one. I kept playing till the final week enjoying it very much even thou i played crap class thief.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Locuz.2651

A few things need to change before next season:

1] Division + tier locks need to be removed. MMR hell that ppl experience is purely due to these locks.

2] Reaper, scrapper, druid and rev need some minor shaves.

3] We need more incentives to keep pushing for higher divisions. A bit like wow and its gladiator mounts for example.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This season is in a different league compared to last… there’s simply no comparison.

It’s also clear that balance is a bit off compared to last season. This mainly had to do with the leniency of certain classes vs certain classes – how easy it can be for a Thief or Warrior to be so effective that they throw the match. How easy it can be for Engi, Rev, Ele, Necro/Mes comp can “carry” their team thanks to their build leniency and overall ‘Build Wars 2’ gameplay.

Yes, Season 2 is better but the game is slightly imbalanced and it’s not “matchmakings” fault, its overall game balances. Sometimes what’s written on paper doesn’t translate to “easy to pull off” in TPvP.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The season was mostly a disappointment:

A) Horrible match making algorithm leading to a lot of pointless games.

I don’t see what is the fun of winning 50-500 or losing 500-50. The amount of unbalanced games is way too high, while the amount of even games e.g. 470-500 is very low. I know some players have enjoyed very long win runs, but those who experienced the opposite, probably feel extremely frustrated and upset and probably quit the game. Less players is loss for everyone. No game should rig the match making so that it leads to endless win or loss runs. Season 1 match making had its problems, but it was better.

B) Meta is different from Season 1, but it isn’t any better

In some ways the meta is better, in some ways it is worse. So kinda draw for me. There is less less bunkers and characters you cannot kill. Still killing a bunker tempest or druid in 1 vs 1 is really difficult and time consuming. I feel there is too much burst, condition stacking and CC. Too much burst often leads to snowballing. And the problem is made worse by having a lot of powerful passives in the game (triggered by certain conditions e.g. health limit, internal cooldown). This makes sometimes counter play frustrating or more or less a random game.

C) Removal of amulets did NOT lead to more builds.

It just lead to a slightly different meta. I would want to see the removed amulets back, even if it means slight shaving of them. Celestial was never meta for several professions. I still haven’t found any decent cele build for guardian or thief. Revenants, corruptionmancers, scrapper engineers, most warriors etc. would also not choose celestial as there is more attractive amulet choices. So basically it is NOT the amulet, but certain builds like D/D and D/F elementalist, which benefit from it immensely.

I hope the developers will next mostly do nerfs to the elite specifications as the power creep has gone way too far. The elite specs should be alternatives, not mandatory trait lines. How often you see a base engineer outside pve anymore? They all run with hammer + gyros as that gives so much more bang for buck. Almost every single guardian is Dragonhunter, all revenants are heralds and so on. I would want to see more versatility, not less.

Warrior needs serious help with sustain, but at the same time I would slightly tone down the burst, especially gunflame. In the current state of the game warhorn nerfs etc. are completely unjustifiable.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Been here for 10 months. Like the game in general really much, the way it plays, it looks, it feels and the story, lore and basically everything. Lurking in the PvP forums since I started, and seeing screenshots of PvP, no matter what kind, really makes me go “Do it! Do it! Try it!”.

So what’s preventing me from trying it? It reads so god awful: Meta-stuff (fine, people want to take the best way to win), a matchmaking that CAN’T WORK from the very beginning (personal ratings based on a team result that has 20% to do with your personal action? No matter how good the matchmaking could be, it’s like building the New World Trade Center on sand) and classes that might even get flamed upon for simply playing? This is like a big jar of nope.

I play LoL for 5 years and 10 months now and I just lost a game right before I write this post because I got dragged down by 4 other bad nubs that – with a proper matchmaking – should not belong into my team. As GW2 PvP nub, I would drag down other people and ruin the fun for them, the enemy would get an unjustified win and I’d probably get a bad taste of the game in general.

So: Final opinions on this season? It still makes people like me stay away from PvP of any kind, including their streams.
If I would know it could “sink” into the rating I belong to, might it be rock bottom, I’d swallow that bitter pill. But it doesn’t seem like that for the aforementioned reasons.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The game feel hella old.Attaching time/season gated AP to get legendary wings make people play just to for the heck of AP.Some AP contradict with each other like getting class win against division cross make people think differently.

I myself feel Ok once reaching Diamond and don’t need to grind anymore. So I only play for Daily class win if its class that have good win rate.

Playing with only Foefire/Forest make me wish to see more new map which is impossible because how balance work here some class/build that not excel in some mode will never get to see where they shine.

And stronghold is a flop with how reper can camp a defesnse lane to the enemy gate as long as there are NPC that keep feeding his shout. Ele healbot make it impossible to kill NPC/Ele because how they buff each other so well.

TL;DR I’m bored with PVP because its stale with no new map and bad balance.