Season one reward

Season one reward

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Have been gone for a year but back when season one finished up I managed to hit legendary and made the last part of the legendary backpiece, “elites wing of glory”. Am I still eligible to make it by collecting currency from comming seasons or is the train gone? I knew the legendary backpiece was exclusive for season one, but figured id ask since I made all the pieces up to the last one.

edit: i realize its not a s1 item exclusive item, i really thought anet said it would be back then

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

(edited by nacario.9417)

Season one reward

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The backpack is still obtainable.

Mesmerising Girl

Season one reward

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

It was implied to be an exclusive for one year, but they still went back on that plan, yeah. I got mine last week, and my progress from s2 was still saved.

You might not have enough time as of right now, however, thanks to the daily matches requirements… Season is ending very soon, and there’s still this looming possibility they could change their mind for next season. I’d consider it unlikely, but just prepare yourself for that possibility.

Season one reward

in PvP

nacario.9417

It was implied to be an exclusive for one year, but they still went back on that plan, yeah. I got mine last week, and my progress from s2 was still saved.

You might not have enough time as of right now, however, thanks to the daily matches requirements… Season is ending very soon, and there’s still this looming possibility they could change their mind for next season. I’d consider it unlikely, but just prepare yourself for that possibility.

Could u elaborate on how this daily limit works, csnt i farm ranks? I only need 25 pvp tokens which i get by crossing 3 ranks

Power Ranger PvP

Season one reward

in PvP

Kadj.6725

Each of the four achievement categories you need to acquire to obtain the legendary requires you to play 3 matches daily for 15 days, each achievement unlocking in sequence. I don’t think it worked like this in season 1 – I feel like you needed to actually unlock the meta-acheievement for the category first? (I could be wrong here.)

I think you might have possibly misunderstood what step you’re on; acquiring all four of the vendor back items and throwing them in the Mystic Forge creates the precursor, which happens to be of Ascended rarity. That backpeice is called Wings of Ascension.

The Legendary however is called The Ascension(of, obviously, legendary rarity). To acquire it you need the aforementioned precusor, a gift of fortune, a gift of skirmishing, and most relevantly the Gift of the Competitor; that part is made from the four items obtained via the four Year of the Ascension meta-achievements.

Given that your original post said you were going after the Legendary backpack, I was focusing on that point. I don’t know what state your achievements are in, but if you haven’t completed all four “Daily League Participator” achievement sets, you may be unable to acquire it by the end of this season.

BUT if you are in fact just after the precursor(or the precursor is your only missing component to the legendary), Wings of Ascension, then yes, you can easily acquire it.

The four Year of the Ascension categories are found under the Competitive achievement section, if you weren’t aware.

Hope that helps!

Season one reward

in PvP

nacario.9417

Each of the four achievement categories you need to acquire to obtain the legendary requires you to play 3 matches daily for 15 days, each achievement unlocking in sequence. I don’t think it worked like this in season 1 – I feel like you needed to actually unlock the meta-acheievement for the category first? (I could be wrong here.)

I think you might have possibly misunderstood what step you’re on; acquiring all four of the vendor back items and throwing them in the Mystic Forge creates the precursor, which happens to be of Ascended rarity. That backpeice is called Wings of Ascension.

The Legendary however is called The Ascension(of, obviously, legendary rarity). To acquire it you need the aforementioned precusor, a gift of fortune, a gift of skirmishing, and most relevantly the Gift of the Competitor; that part is made from the four items obtained via the four Year of the Ascension meta-achievements.

Given that your original post said you were going after the Legendary backpack, I was focusing on that point. I don’t know what state your achievements are in, but if you haven’t completed all four “Daily League Participator” achievement sets, you may be unable to acquire it by the end of this season.

BUT if you are in fact just after the precursor(or the precursor is your only missing component to the legendary), Wings of Ascension, then yes, you can easily acquire it.

The four Year of the Ascension categories are found under the Competitive achievement section, if you weren’t aware.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for detailed explenation! Yes I was a bit vague in my explenation, I have the precursor, but I saw I was missing the 5 something that costs together 25 pvp league tickets (currently have 20, need to get another chest). I am on the IV part of the achis and what I may struggle with timewise is reaching 85k rankpoints. Do you reckon there very well could be another season before the expansion, asuming it could come in 4 5 months? Hasnt each league had like a 1 month delay inbetween so could very well happen? I have a feeling they could add something new next expac and we lose out on the possibility to make ascension

Power Ranger PvP

(edited by nacario.9417)

Season one reward

in PvP

Kadj.6725

Ahh, so you’re only after the Certificate things! You should be fine if you can still get enough league tickets this year.

There’s definitely going to be one more season for this year’s cycle. Like I said though, it’s still relatively ambiguous whether or not you will be able to get it in the same way. Anet’s original plan seemed like it was to have a new precursor every year, but the statement has seemingly been revised to “how you get the precursor may change”, and less consistently, “it may be more expensive”.

My point is there’s basically no way to know for sure if we can get it/progress will hold. I feel like they won’t change it this year, personally, but Anet’s poor transparency on things like this makes it hard for me to be confident in that assessment.

(Also in hindsight, you were somewhat clear in your original post what was going on, but my brain kicked into “this english seems slightly off” mode so I jumped to some false conclusions over what you were saying. My bad!)