Season rewards should probably be revised

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

For any player who’s not 100% PvP, this season rewards are over the top.
We are talking about close to a full set of ascended armor, a bunch of league tickets which can be used for ascended backpieces in the worst scenario and a decent amount of gold just for playing no more than a couple of games a day for the duration of the season. Unless he truly hates PvP or is really short on time, it’s really difficult to find a reason for any player, even if mostly a PvE one, to not partake in PvP this time.

On top of that we have some nice titles for the best 250 players of the season, among whom we should find many of the 100% PvP devoted players, which could easily be seen as the big prize of the league due to exclusivity.

The problem arises when we take a look at the repeteable byzantium chest, which doesn’t include most of the interesting rewards like shards or tickets. It’s definitely nice to have an increased gold reward for playing PvP, but it still pales in comparison with any half decent PvE activity.
In this sense, we should expect most of the non PvP focused players to quit once they get their byzantium chest, or even worse, to use the league for class dailies since it provides better rewards than unranked.

The system also fails at providing better rewards based on skill performance. Since good rewards are capped at an arguably low amount of games and monetary ones are far lower from what can be obtained in PvE, the increased pip gain for legendary and platinum players means next to nothing.
Many of the favored players are also the same ones that will be competing for ranking and titles. For the bulk of the players, rated from bronze to gold, the feature is nonexistatnt.

Based on all this, I would suggest to slightly modify the structure regular chests (reduce the rewards, increase the amount pips, … whatever seems adequate) and then do some or all of the following:
- Tweak the bonus pip structure to ne noticeable across the whole MMR spectrum.
- Include some small amount of tickets and shards on the repeteable byzantium chest.
- Include an additional meaningful reward chest at the end of the season which content is rank based.

in PvP

Posted by: BloodriverTim.2031

BloodriverTim.2031

For any player who’s not 100% PvP, this season
The problem arises when we take a look at the repeteable byzantium chest, which doesn’t include most of the interesting rewards like shards or tickets. It’s definitely nice to have an increased gold reward for playing PvP, but it still pales in comparison with any half decent PvE activity.
In this sense, we should expect most of the non PvP focused players to quit once they get their byzantium chest, or even worse, to use the league for class dailies since it provides better rewards than unranked.

Just gotta make the asc glory shards infinite and we can keep them around long enough to get them good at pvp. ezpz

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Maybe it’s intentional to have fast reward tracks as the true reward is the leaderboard for pvpers.

As a pvp player I’m quite happy to get ascended gear, since the only ascended gear I got was from rares pvp boxes ( I got my main full ascended armor like this in 2 years of time ). But I have to agree that the league reward track is too fast paced. I mean, we are 1 week after the beginning and most people should be at the byzantine chest already….I got at least 3 ascended pieces in a week ( 68 games so far ).

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

absolutely not we finally have good pvp rewards you still make more in pve… but our rewards now make pvers uncomfortable..

in PvP

Wargameur.6950

absolutely not we finally have good pvp rewards you still make more in pve… but our rewards now make pvers uncomfortable..

I’m fine about the gold amount / transmutation charges and tickets but ascended gear is a bit too easy to get at the moment…

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I don’t understand, I have seen countless posts on here about how PvP does not get good enough rewards. How the rest of the game gets better gold and rewards, and how PvP players can’t afford and can’t get the materials they need to even make ascended armor.

So during seasons, they offer a chance at almost a full set of Ascended armor. I am lost as to why people would not be happy that finally PvP rewards are getting looked at.

Thank Goodness for Ascended rewards! They are NOT over the top they are appropriate.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I don’t understand, I have seen countless posts on here about how PvP does not get good enough rewards. How the rest of the game gets better gold and rewards, and how PvP players can’t afford and can’t get the materials they need to even make ascended armor.

So during seasons, they offer a chance at almost a full set of Ascended armor. I am lost as to why people would not be happy that finally PvP rewards are getting looked at.

Thank Goodness for Ascended rewards! They are NOT over the top they are appropriate.

It could be a mixture of PvE/WvW players complaining that PvP finally has decent access to to good of rewards and think that it shouldn’t since ermegherd sPvP don’t use stats!!!

This is just the reaction of the different gamemode communities clashing when specific gamemode get attention/love from the Devs, so soak it up now it may not last long buy up all the Ascended you can/need now!!!

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

It could be a mixture of PvE/WvW players complaining that PvP finally has decent access to to good of rewards and think that it shouldn’t since ermegherd sPvP don’t use stats!!!

This is just the reaction of the different gamemode communities clashing when specific gamemode get attention/love from the Devs, so soak it up now it may not last long buy up all the Ascended you can/need now!!!

Yeah I had noticed on the WvW forums they are suddenly calling for easier access to Ascended armor…

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yeah I had noticed on the WvW forums they are suddenly calling for easier access to Ascended armor…

Which is fine all relevant game modes should have access to Ascended equipment and Legendary equipment, it’s just the PvE/WvW players want to take away the PvP rewards which is wrong, granted they made it a little fast acquisition wise and capped the shards as a balance it seems vs having slow shard acquisition and having it repeatable and uncapped.

in PvP

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Well, not easier access….more just “access”. Also legendary backpack would be nice too.

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

Well I like WvW to, but that doesnt mean that PvP should lose them

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

I’m not complaining about PvP getting decent rewards. My complains are about how easy/fast these are acquired by any player, no matter skill level or time investment, and how there’s barely any reward after that.
A single game a day, no matter the performance, is nearly enough to cap all the shards and tickets. What does remain for those focused on PvP then (who will cap those in far less than a couple of weeks, if they are not already capped)? A bit of gold, still less than what PvE produces.

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

I’m not complaining about PvP getting decent rewards. My complains are about how easy/fast these are acquired by any player, no matter skill level or time investment, and how there’s barely any reward after that.
A single game a day, no matter the performance, is nearly enough to cap all the shards and tickets. What does remain for those focused on PvP then (who will cap those in far less than a couple of weeks, if they are not already capped)? A bit of gold, still less than what PvE produces.

Well considering it will only be here during seasons, and not constantly, I can understand peoples rush and grind to get them. I myself have alot of undressed naked…characters lol.

On that note it is capped per season you cant even get the full six pieces.

As for gold, I agree with you there, that still , in my opinion falls quite short in both PvP and WvW.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Most people in it focused on PvP will keep playing for the Leaderboards only the players that wanted only the rewards will stop and they weren’t actually focused on PvP.

in PvP

Wargameur.6950

I have around ~2k games in PvP. In PvE I’m mostly doing the story and most difficult PvE content would be HoT metas, never raided, my fractal level is around 25, and I got into WvW last september. So I would say I’m a pvp player.

In the last 2 years I got a full ascended armor thanks to ascended boxes from bags of pvp reward track. Yes it was rare and I’m not against unlocking ascended stuff in pvp. But I think there is a problem when I can get 3 ascended armor pieces or trinket in less than a week.

The problem is that 3-4 ascended pieces now have less worth than a mini lavish Llama of the wings of ascension. It got me more time to get those two items in previous seasons than to 4 ascended pieces. Don’t you think that ascended armor would have meaning if you would get them through the season instead of right at the beginning ?

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

I have around ~2k games in PvP. In PvE I’m mostly doing the story and most difficult PvE content would be HoT metas, never raided, my fractal level is around 25, and I got into WvW last september. So I would say I’m a pvp player.

In the last 2 years I got a full ascended armor thanks to ascended boxes from bags of pvp reward track. Yes it was rare and I’m not against unlocking ascended stuff in pvp. But I think there is a problem when I can get 3 ascended armor pieces or trinket in less than a week.

The problem is that 3-4 ascended pieces now have less worth than a mini lavish Llama of the wings of ascension. It got me more time to get those two items in previous seasons than to 4 ascended pieces. Don’t you think that ascended armor would have meaning if you would get them through the season instead of right at the beginning ?

Well since they are most likely moving to Legendary armor being the top gear (yes I know it doesnt have different stats ect). It stands to reason that the ascended should not be that hard to obtain. Now of course thats just my opinion. Remember i am trying to clothe all my girls and they have expensive taste.

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

Most people in it focused on PvP will keep playing for the Leaderboards only the players that wanted only the rewards will stop and they weren’t actually focused on PvP.

That’s exactly the point. Besides the titles for the top 250, this season rewards are aimed at the general population. No matter if they like or hate PvP, if they are godly players or terrible ones, if they play a lot or just a couple games from time to time … all of them will get all the meaningful rewards.
It’s obviously just my opinion, but I would like to see a system which rewards both time investment and proficiency level more than the current one, even if that means toning down the current base rewards.

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

What is wrong with rewarding teh general population. Ascended armor has been around a long time. You can craft all six pieces in one night if your a PvE player. PvP players don’t get nearly that amount of crafting materials to craft one in even a month.

I guess I just don’t see ascended armor as something that should be special that only a select few have. Again just my opinion, I do see where you are coming from.

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

What is wrong with rewarding teh general population. Ascended armor has been around a long time. You can craft all six pieces in one night if your a PvE player. PvP players don’t get nearly that amount of crafting materials to craft one in even a month.

I guess I just don’t see ascended armor as something that should be special that only a select few have. Again just my opinion, I do see where you are coming from.

I’m fairly sure you don’t see where I’m coming from.
With my proposal, PvP players would get more ascended gear than under the current system. It’s the base (and currently only) reward, the one that can be obtained by any PvE player for a minimal time investment in PvP and zero effort into performing decently in the gamemode, what I’m suggesting to nerf in exchange.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Well for most players the time required to be put in to get these rewards would be doubled if Anet wasn’t giving away prizes for losing.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

#WvWRewardsMatterToo

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140