Seasonal titles

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Fatallion.5389

Fatallion.5389

I’m still a bit amazed how badly Anet communicated and acted with the seasonal titles. I’ll try to explain my thoughts.

There were big question marks regarding the Primordial Legend -title. The ingame achievement said “Cross 6 league division tresholds during a single PvP season” which means exactly, that it is doable during “a single pvp season”, not first season, but single one season. Ok, makes sense. Suddenly some people had gotten an idea that there would be season-tied titles. Even I remember reading that from somewhere, but because I don’t trust my memory, I tried to search everywhere for any information about the subject. I found nothing. Nothing in patch notes, nothing in blog posts pre-HoT, nothing in QA HoT -articles on gaming fansites, nothing in devposts on forums or reddit. I also asked in few threads in here if others who believed in seasonal-titles would have any proof, but nobody did. Nobody. At that point, I made an assumption that there is no direct seasonal-titles, or if there would be, Primordial Legend would still be gainable later, so I stopped my journey to Legendary. And I have to say that the decision was also highly affected by the fact, that the whole season felt like a test season (which it was) as a whole, there were so many ways to exploit the system, and there were so many undeserved legendaries running around, that I didn’t want to spend any extra time on that kittenty matchmaking system.

Well, here we are at the new season. Now there is new title achievement, that directly states that it is gained during the current season only, and the last title achievement has disappeared. No mention anywhere.

I’m achievement hunter in game, and this is the first non-repeatable achievement that I have missed during this game’s whole lifespan, and that is ONLY because there was false info on the case. Many people were trying to get info, but Anet did nothing, and now gave us the middle finger. Many ap hunters like me, might have gone for the achievement only because they know Anet is never to be fully trusted, but I made that mistake.

And I know there might have been few big reasons why people believed in seasonal titles, like what “primordial” really means etc, but I still can’t understand how poorly Anet handled it out.

Am I only one?

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They said in one of the blogs that each season will have a title for reaching maximum division.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They did communicate it pretty well at the end of the last season. On this very forums.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

They said in one of the blogs that each season will have a title for reaching maximum division.

Could you please elaborate the source this time? I remember you pointing that out earlier, but like I said I’ve searched all I’ve found but found nothing on it.

They did communicate it pretty well at the end of the last season.

What you mean? The bugs with the title not being awarded? I’m not talking about that.

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Nah as last time I am not going to go through the many blogs just to find the right one. Need to play pvp myself.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Could you please elaborate the source this time? I remember you pointing that out earlier, but like I said I’ve searched all I’ve found but found nothing on it.

What you mean? The bugs with the title not being awarded? I’m not talking about that.

They did say the title is only for this season.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

Nah as last time I am not going to go through the many blogs just to find the right one. Need to play pvp myself.

Ok, so my points are still valid.

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

They also talked about unique seasonal titles on their twitch stream when they started talking about leagues.

If anything it was the misinfo from players like you (presumably) who kept coming into forums where people clearly explained to the uninformed that the title was for the first season only calling them liers and asking over and over “wheres the proof” while ignoring the sources cited.

Every one of those threads were just a confusing mess because of all the wishfull thinking achievement hunters denying the claims because they didnt WANT that to be the reality

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

They did say the title is only for this season.

Can you show me where?

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

They also talked about unique seasonal titles on their twitch stream when they started talking about leagues.

If anything it was the misinfo from players like you (presumably) who kept coming into forums where people clearly explained to the uninformed that the title was for the first season only calling them liers and asking over and over “wheres the proof” while ignoring the sources cited.

Every one of those threads were just a confusing mess because of all the wishfull thinking achievement hunters denying the claims because they didnt WANT that to be the reality

I really can’t understand what you mean. When you claim that someone “clearly explains” something and I still have to ask for proof? If something was proven why would I ask for it again? Twitch streams is the only thing I have not looked into (apart from Dulfy’s reddit posts), but since that is the only place where it might have been mentioned, does that make the whole thing “clearly explained” from Anet’s point?

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I think the speculation that it was only last season came from the name, it was called “Primordial” Legend after all

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I think the speculation that it was only last season came from the name, it was called “Primordial” Legend after all

The fact that the titles would be unique to the season was known before we even knew what the first title would be (primordial)

And im pretty sure it was first said on the twitch stream, thats how i knew about it
I was one of the people on those threads explaining it and i told people that anet talked about it on the twitch stream but as i said, people ignored what i said and just kept argueing that it wasnt true because they didnt want it to be true

(edited by Kayberz.5346)

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

uh oh

how many ranks did you lose on the achievement leaderboard ?!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

The fact that the titles would be unique to the season was known before we even knew what the first title would be (primordial)

And im pretty sure it was first said on the twitch stream, thats how i knew about it
I was one of the people on those threads explaining it and i told people that anet talked about it on the twitch stream but as i said, people ignored what i said and just kept argueing that it wasnt true because they didnt want it to be true

That is still just someone claiming something with nothing to backup his sayings with. I can for example say that Anet wrote in one of the blog posts that next expansion is free, but just because I’m saying it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Do you understand what is my point?

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Posted by: Nephanis.2015

Nephanis.2015

You’re not the only one who was surprised with the removal of the title. I double checked to make sure all the year of the ascension achievements would be obtainable after this season, and then focused on Wintersday. Wintersday had the same grindy repeatable achievements from years prior, so I put my time into the festivities instead of the pvp leagues. While I love snowball mayhem, 150 games of it is just too much in a few weeks especially with so much other content out, that’s easily at least 50 games of ranked pvp I forewent.

I actually didn’t even know the title existed until someone pointed it out to me middle of last season during wintersday. They also told me it was season tied. After that, I tried to find something to back his claim and I couldn’t find anything written anywhere. Even in game it’s not communicated clearly. From reading the achievement description and seeing it placed in the permanent pvp achievement section, you can easily assume it was going to be available to obtain in any pvp season. I don’t think that’s an erroneous judgement. It specifically states a single season, not “first” or “premier”, etc. Some might say the title being “Primordial” implied it was first season only, but I feel you could also argue it could mean getting legend in the first year of ascension. I don’t watch the twitch streams often enough, so I didn’t know it was communicated that each season would have a season tied title. I believe the description should have been more clear and that it should also have been communicated in other mediums.

I only did pvp after wintersday was over, so I only pvp’d for 2 weeks. I know if I pvp’d as much as I did from the start I most definitely would have reached Legend (I was able to solo queue from fresh ruby to diamond in one weekend, which hopefully means I was at least carrying my weight well in my matches). The thing that bugs me though is that the achievement is completely glitched for me, It’s supposed to give an ap for each division you cross, my achievement was stuck at 0/6, I believe it should be at 5/6 at least, because from what I gathered, being in Amber gave people 1/6. Because of that it doesn’t even show up my retired Achievments section.

Anet plz ;_;

Seasonal titles

in PvP

Fatallion.5389

You’re not the only one who was surprised with the removal of the title. I double checked to make sure all the year of the ascension achievements would be obtainable after this season, and then focused on Wintersday. Wintersday had the same grindy repeatable achievements from years prior, so I put my time into the festivities instead of the pvp leagues. While I love snowball mayhem, 150 games of it is just too much in a few weeks especially with so much other content out, that’s easily at least 50 games of ranked pvp I forewent.

I actually didn’t even know the title existed until someone pointed it out to me middle of last season during wintersday. They also told me it was season tied. After that, I tried to find something to back his claim and I couldn’t find anything written anywhere. Even in game it’s not communicated clearly. From reading the achievement description and seeing it placed in the permanent pvp achievement section, you can easily assume it was going to be available to obtain in any pvp season. I don’t think that’s an erroneous judgement. It specifically states a single season, not “first” or “premier”, etc. Some might say the title being “Primordial” implied it was first season only, but I feel you could also argue it could mean getting legend in the first year of ascension. I don’t watch the twitch streams often enough, so I didn’t know it was communicated that each season would have a season tied title. I believe the description should have been more clear and that it should also have been communicated in other mediums.

I only did pvp after wintersday was over, so I only pvp’d for 2 weeks. I know if I pvp’d as much as I did from the start I most definitely would have reached Legend (I was able to solo queue from fresh ruby to diamond in one weekend, which hopefully means I was at least carrying my weight well in my matches). The thing that bugs me though is that the achievement is completely glitched for me, It’s supposed to give an ap for each division you cross, my achievement was stuck at 0/6, I believe it should be at 5/6 at least, because from what I gathered, being in Amber gave people 1/6. Because of that it doesn’t even show up my retired Achievments section.

Anet plz ;_;

Exactly my thoughts. Even if it was mentioned in a stream earlier, why it is so hard to implement it in game, since the ingame info (and patch notes and pvp season info and basically everything) gave an impression that it would be achievable also later. Just gives good examples how Anet is not paying close-to-none attention in achievements.

First step to wrong direction was the collections with BL weapons. Then we actually got a good sign with halloween achievements not having anything really grindy, but wintersday brought back all those horrifying grindiements. And then the pvp season, that you have to play with all classes at least those 10 wins to get year achievements fully done. And finally this fiasco that clearly shows how Anet won’t even care.

I’m worried about future