Second Ladder Test Season

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

They didn’t promise anything as far as I’m aware. The whole point is that this was a break period between test seasons.

in PvP

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

They didn’t promise anything as far as I’m aware. The whole point is that this was a break period between test seasons.

There isn’t exactly any indication in the game that says its was a test season, I just log on and play while occasionally checking my standing on the leaderboard so How am i suppose to know? And like I’ve said I’ve spent far too much time Playing the Game to know we transitioned to a break! because the current system can only advance from games played I always have played my hardest to win even in 4v5 when most would give up.

Spvp might as well be dead in the off season I sure as Hell wouldn’t play if I’m not getting my reward for the thousands of hours I’ve put into this.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Dunno, probably Anet could use a special buff for pvp (similar to call of the Mist) during the season + meta event title to advertise better when season starts and ends.

It’s a test we know, but probably a better communication ingame would be fine (like esl tournament or wts).

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Rewards for the off-season would be ridiculous. Had anet not explicitly said there would be NO rewards then other people would have farmed for glorious armor. Many people played unranked or casual Q’s because it was not only obvious, but confirmed that there would be no rewards during the off season.

Players shouldn’t be compensated for their deliberate ignorance.

[SoF]

in PvP

Harvest.2506

Rewards for the off-season would be ridiculous. Had anet not explicitly said there would be NO rewards then other people would have farmed for glorious armor. Many people played unranked or casual Q’s because it was not only obvious, but confirmed that there would be no rewards during the off season.

Players shouldn’t be compensated for their deliberate ignorance.

And As I’ve been saying i didn’t know it was the off season cause I’ve been logging straight in playing non-stop since December I think. There is no indication in the freaking game saying when the ladder starts or ends till now when all the sudden the see the ladder’s been cleared.

If its the off season then they shouldn’t have the stupid leaderboard there for the past 3-4 months, this is why I feel I’m being cheated. I got into a system that only rewards time played over MMR, So i focused on it and plays thousands of hours into it. Always my best even in ungodly amounts 4v5s , even against premades (cause there was no more solo que) never leaving a single Game.

Fact of the matter is, the leaderboard we just had was a test season in and of itself. It was time played over mmr. I put in my hours and my wins to advance and hold. now that its over I want my 2 pieces of Glourious Hero’s Armor. There was no anouncement in game and I don’t have the time to read the news, even as much as i wanted to about the Expansion when I’m in the top ten, cause if i wasn’t eatting or sleeping etc. I was in Que cause I HAD to to maintain my position these past 5 months.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

and you couldn’t have read the news whilst queued up? or the forums? just like I am currently…. yeah i don’t buy it…

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Are you Kidding Me I spent the past 5 months fighting a grulling battle on the ladder and I’m not getting any rewards now? I play my hardest in so many 4v5s

and now I’m not even going to get a single pieces of glorious armor despite making #9 in the end of the session topping at #1 at February. what ever happened to your grind policy?

Before December 2nd, when the leaderboards weren’t based on amount of games played. I had a W/L Ratio of 5.3k games won and 2.2k games lost. I had the most wins in Team Arena while maintaining a decent ratio. Same with Oeggs and others who played during prime times as well. Ever since December 2nd hit, people who no-lifed more than Oeggs,Myself, and the rest of the veteran pvp community, are now on the top with below 50%ratios. A lot of people who I didn’t even know existed. So until some sort of League System/Division system kicks in. These leaderboards don’t mean much anymore.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Harvest.2506

and you couldn’t have read the news whilst queued up? or the forums? just like I am currently…. yeah i don’t buy it…

I can do it NOW Obviously since its over. You try running the “amount of games played” marathon with 4-6 minutes ques and see how well you do. Missing a que is brutal especially since ladder positions were neck and neck with the points towards the end in top 10.

in PvP

zxstanyxz.8769

I can do it NOW Obviously since its over. You try running the “amount of games played” marathon with 4-6 minutes ques and see how well you do. Missing a que is brutal especially since ladder positions were neck and neck with the points towards the end in top 10.

how do you miss a queue by browsing the forums? it makes a noise and flashes in your task bar when the queue pops

what are you doing whilst queued for 6-8 minutes every 15 minutes… staring intently at the screen hoping for it to pop?

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

The only reward I need

Glory and blood of my enemies!
hahaha

Subdrop
SA Guardian

in PvP

Harvest.2506

how do you miss a queue by browsing the forums? it makes a noise and flashes in your task bar when the queue pops

what are you doing whilst queued for 6-8 minutes every 15 minutes… staring intently at the screen hoping for it to pop?

yes. My life has been a living Hell starting intently at the screen hoping for it to pop.

in PvP

zxstanyxz.8769

yes. My life has been a living Hell starting intently at the screen hoping for it to pop.

well if you had even glanced at the news section whilst waiting for a queue you would have known not to exert so much effort wouldnt you…. also if you paid any attention you would have realised there was a message up in the top right of your screen about season 1 when it was going… and nothing after, and there will probably be a message about season 2 tomorrow when it goes live… that didnt trigger something in you to think “oh hey i should read one of those news articles that i see when logging in about the pvp system”

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

Guys calm down… It’s a test season. Why would they offer good prizes for a kitten test season?

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

in PvP

Harvest.2506

well if you had even glanced at the news section whilst waiting for a queue you would have known not to exert so much effort wouldnt you…. also if you paid any attention you would have realised there was a message up in the top right of your screen about season 1 when it was going… and nothing after, and there will probably be a message about season 2 tomorrow when it goes live… that didnt trigger something in you to think “oh hey i should read one of those news articles that i see when logging in about the pvp system”

I’m focused person man, I have to be in ranked, I take my games seriously, I’m playing on nividia surround for crying out loud. all three monitors are being used. I turn off my news section at the top right so i won’t get distracted. For the times that I do Alt tab out I work on my cameras for recording. I’ve put alot of effort to getting the word out on this game. a shame I can’t be rewarded in turn.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

Guys calm down… It’s a test season. Why would they offer good prizes for a kitten test season?

You’re right its just a test season that has just ended. I just want 2 pieces of ascended armor in a special skin, That is it and just all I really want. So I can move on with the next test season refreshed.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I can feel your pain Harvest, and probably you’re right about bad ingame communication by Anet about Start/end Season, but complaining now about rewards for off-season is really useless.

I only suggest you to read website/forum/twitter/reddit in the future :\

in PvP

Harvest.2506

I can feel your pain Harvest, and probably you’re right about bad ingame communication by Anet about Start/end Season, but complaining now about rewards for off-season is really useless.

I shall with hold Judgement till tomorrow to see if I get anything to be fair. If not then No this isn’t over until Josh Davis pays the debt owed to me and the other top 10, top 25, top 500 for going through that sludge fest of a test season. I’m calling it a test season not an Off season because as far as I’m concern there was an ongoing leaderboard that I worked to climb and maintain.

I’m on reddit and twitter, (I have a phone) but like I said I can’t be everywhere at once. But compared to other games who are VERY publicize about there ladder/test ladders IN-GAME this area lacks severely.

(edited by Harvest.2506)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

I shall with hold Judgement till tomorrow to see if I get anything to be fair. If not then No this isn’t over until Josh Davis pays the debt owed to me and the other top 25, top 500 for going through that sludge fest of a test season. I’m calling it a test season not an Off season because as far as I’m concern there was an ongoing leaderboard that I worked to climb and maintain.

I’m on reddit and twitter, (I have a phone) but like I said I can’t be everywhere at once. But compared to other games who are VERY publicize about there ladder/test ladders IN-GAME this area lacks severely.

Hi Harvest,

I’m sorry that you were under the impression that there’s been a test season the past two months, but this is certainly not the case. To say that there’s a debt owed is a bit misleading as we’ve never given any indication that there would be additional rewards for ranked play after the scheduled test. If you could point me to something that explicitly mentions a continued test season I’d be more than happy to investigate the miscommunication.

As a general rule, if we’re running a test season you will be notified in-game through the event UI in the top right hand corner of your screen (as we did with the Winter test season) and out-of-game via our blog.

Thanks,

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I’m focused person man, I have to be in ranked, I take my games seriously, I’m playing on nividia surround for crying out loud. all three monitors are being used. I turn off my news section at the top right so i won’t get distracted. For the times that I do Alt tab out I work on my cameras for recording. I’ve put alot of effort to getting the word out on this game. a shame I can’t be rewarded in turn.

Lol. Rewarded for what? Grinding the most games? This leaderboard deserves absolutely nothing.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

zxstanyxz.8769

so you turn off your news notifications…. and wonder why you weren’t notified about any news…. do you see the problem here?

in PvP

Harvest.2506

I shall with hold Judgement till tomorrow to see if I get anything to be fair. If not then No this isn’t over until Josh Davis pays the debt owed to me and the other top 25, top 500 for going through that sludge fest of a test season. I’m calling it a test season not an Off season because as far as I’m concern there was an ongoing leaderboard that I worked to climb and maintain.

Hi Harvest,

I’m sorry that you were under the impression that there’s been a test season the past two months, but this is certainly not the case. To say that there’s a debt owed is a bit misleading as we’ve never given any indication that there would be additional rewards for ranked play after the scheduled test. If you could point me to something that explicitly mentions a continued test season I’d be more than happy to investigate the miscommunication.

As a general rule, if we’re running a test season you will be notified in-game through the event UI in the top right hand corner of your screen (as we did with the Winter test season) and out-of-game via our blog.

Thanks,

Grouch

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-improvements-to-pvp-and-the-ladder-test-season/

This is from your news section back in November, I’m been playing None stop Hardcore since I read this, and going by the leaderboard until they were reset today. The UI at the Top Right never said it ended! I barely held on to #9 at the very end cause I didn’t have the Massive about of time others had, and it was starting to make real life stuff difficult.

I worked all these hour playing the Real “impossible odds” against players better than me with players inexperiance than me. as fun as I like the pvp When it was a fair 5v5 even I could not enjoy the grind the system we just had made, but I was ok with it so long as i got my skins. I’ve given-up alot of time I could have spend in pve or other areas because I was dedicated to getting better with “time Played” and Winning.

I log in directly from the loading screen so I don’t watch the news from the loading screen, and as I’ve stated I treat my ranked matches seriously so I wait those 4-6 minute que time for the match to pop, cause I could not afford to miss a game with the time I have. My only connection to the outside world for pvp news was the Leaderboard which got reset today.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

They never said you would get anything harvest. However i think they should reward their most dedicated and best pvpers (like you) with something. Seems a bit unfair tbh

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Honestly I could give two kittens about the kitten leaderboard. I want an MMR that works. I’m sick of going from facing/playing with:

OE, Acandis, Happy Kid, Mime, Eurantien etc. and having pretty fun games win or lose, to having the very next match someone that double caps home and right after goes to the mob on forest then rages at the team for losing mid in a 3v4.

Give me decent MMR, a proper tutorial for new players, or at least some consistency.

Edit: Seriously fix this kittening MMR. I’m either in a god kitten 4v5 or kittening stuck with double capping geniuses that don’t know how to stand in a circle where they are kittening needed.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Will the match manipulation be fair this time? not gonna play and become test subject give some data and get no reward

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Spare me the I only play for fun lectures. Crappy rewards for spvp is part of the reason, among others,. its not more popular. Good rewards also serve as motivators for people to take matches more seriously and to try to get better. Obviously I am not talking about the off-season that just passed or even test seasons. But eventually the rewards have to be better when we get past the testing phase.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’m not sure why they don’t just make it based on MMR with a minimum number of matches…

I think we all want to know who is “the best”, not who came first in a season.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Harvest.2506

The thing is though, I expected Anet to have enough common sense to know to shut down the bloody leaderboard if they’re not going to continue the rewards based on it. Or have multiple ways of saying when the ladder is active. Look at D3 and how much info is given out regarding their ladder season. I Love the synergistic of GW2 I have to play knowing that I’m achieving multiple things at once. It IRKs me that one of my most important goals that I’ve put so much time and energy into ended 2-3 months ago and I was lured into a bait and switch.
How can Anet claim GW2 to be E-spot nay pvp worthy if they can’t even get their ladder rewards straight? I could have been playing D3 and gotten my ladder rewards and play it at a causal comfortable level that I’ve been enjoying gw2’s pve.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yay for another season rewarding farmers…~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Any hardcore PvPers probably have all the Glorious Armor unlocked. The top 10 and top 25 player rewards are completely unmotivating. Why bother trying for top 10 when you get llama at top 500!?!

I was hoping they’d be nice enough to add a new reward track with some of the armor skins they discontinued for no reason :S

Every time I reskin my thief’s armor I remember how very locked and unavailablethe Stalwart shoulder skin is. :S It’s the perfect shoulder piece for almost all my armor combos.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I’m not sure why they don’t just make it based on MMR with a minimum number of matches…

I think we all want to know who is “the best”, not who came first in a season.

Exactly, this is what we had before the December update. The only thing to be improved upon was the qualification of minimum matches played, or played within the past week/month or whatever.

Instead we have the devs tearing PvP apart every couple months and pretending to make improvements (or sadly believing they are).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I really hope this leaderboard is basically done on mmr with permenant decay but i doubt i will be happy

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

3 years of live ladder testing is enough just launch the full season already “League of Legends” never got anywhere by being Timid. PvP population is unmotivated as it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Are we getting any info on how this new leaderboard works at all?

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

It’s in the link. They said they’re going to focus on wins more. It’s cool and stuff but with current matchmaking it won’t really be any better, I’m afraid.

So, turret engis remain happy.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

It’s in the link. They said they’re going to focus on wins more. It’s cool and stuff but with current matchmaking it won’t really be any better, I’m afraid.

Seriously they need to fix the kitten flipping matchmaking. Sick of getting the teams I’m getting. How do you climb out of MMR hell when the people you are grouped with sit there and try to 1v1 a bunker on a point you don’t own. Or even better send three people to chase a flipping warrior off point.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

3 years of live ladder testing is enough just launch the full season already “League of Legends” never got anywhere by being Timid. PvP population is unmotivated as it is.

… it’s not like they’ve had a working leaderboard in their garage and they gave us a mediocre ladder for laughs.

The last test season was a huge failure for numerous reasons. PvP is unmotivated because of these failure leaderboards; as well as, the lack of other essential MMORPG PvP elements like 2v2 and 3v3.

That game has a HUGE player base. Due to class stacking being impossible, as well as other major factors that differ from GW2, they can practically dish out any leaderboard they wanted. You might as well compare apples to oranges.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Lulz, and if they actually gave rewards for this non-season, there would be a qq thread from people saying they didn’t play because there were no rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

if i knew the top players on the leaderboards would be rewarded right now I probably wouldve farmed my way to at least top 50 considering im already top 75ish so who cares

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Harvest.2506

… it’s not like they’ve had a working leaderboard in their garage and they gave us a mediocre ladder for laughs.

The last test season was a huge failure for numerous reasons. PvP is unmotivated because of these failure leaderboards; as well as, the lack of other essential MMORPG PvP elements like 2v2 and 3v3.

That game has a HUGE player base. Due to class stacking being impossible, as well as other major factors that differ from GW2, they can practically dish out any leaderboard they wanted. You might as well compare apples to oranges.

Yeah that leaderboard was pretty funny, so funny IT TRICKED ME INTO BELIEVING THE LADDER WAS STILL LIVE. and for the first few weeks it tricked me into believing i was good.

Anet is more along the Lines of We are testing This here’s what you can get in the future (bait) and then finish it when they have their data and say ok we ready to begin the next experiment (switch).

I’ve had just about enough of these experiments Have we not given enough feedback and data for a game that launched 3 years ago? I shouldn’t have to custom game for 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3,

in PvP

Harvest.2506

if i knew the top players on the leaderboards would be rewarded right now I probably wouldve farmed my way to at least top 50 considering im already top 75ish so who cares

That’s actually what I did and now I don’t even get anything.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

Lulz, and if they actually gave rewards for this non-season, there would be a qq thread from people saying they didn’t play because there were no rewards.

Except I played from that last season onward, cause they didn’t end the stupid leaderboard or informed me IN-game that it was over. So I followed a carrot on a stick. What’s wrong with not playing cause there’s no reward? There has to be a progression system even if its just cosmetic I’ll take it.

in PvP

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Ladder Formula Test Season

To test all the exciting improvements to the leaderboards and reinforce the competitive aspect of Ranked Arena, we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13.

Where’s the confusion? They told you when it would end. That you didn’t read it or forgot or didn’t follow any of the blogs/posts isn’t the fault of Josh or Anet. That you turned off the news section of the UI is also not the fault of Josh or Anet.

Own up to your mistake and move on.

in PvP

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

That’s actually what I did and now I don’t even get anything.

You have a chance to get two pieces of armor you probably almost have! wowza!

in PvP

Posted by: Aether.2480

Aether.2480

Harvest what you don’t understand is that Anet can’t gives any rewards because few players mad even if they are the ones who played the most is nothing compared to all the others that would get mad if you had rewards. because if there was rewards announced they would have played more aswell.

sure thing few peoples will be used by these last 2 month and feeling ignored by Anet but who cares if even Anet doesn’t..

in PvP

Harvest.2506

Ladder Formula Test Season

To test all the exciting improvements to the leaderboards and reinforce the competitive aspect of Ranked Arena, we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13.

Where’s the confusion? They told you when it would end. That you didn’t read it or forgot or didn’t follow any of the blogs/posts isn’t the fault of Josh or Anet. That you turned off the news section of the UI is also not the fault of Josh or Anet.

Own up to your mistake and move on.

Yeah I’m Owning up to it to the MAX. You try playing through a Time Played instead of MMR ladder that didn’t end after the date and see how well you do. You will not have time to Read the News if you are worrying about the climb, at least I couldn’t.

Even before I turned off my UI AFTER January I didn’t see it. So what The Game is Three Years OLD I expect on going ladder rewards as we’ve seen in other games in This Day and age, or turn it Off.

I keep playing Because i thought I was in another season, I was working hard and gaining points, (yes both by games played and by winning). Its simple if there is a leader board then their is another ladder going on. What’s so confusing about that?

You’re just finding excuses/ Maybe come from a different understanding of ladders/ or think I was completely out of the loop.

The Fact that the LeaderBoard Keep going and Data was still being collected off me is proof enough we just finished a Test session by every definition.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

it would be sorta awkward to get rewarded for an off-season where rules and leaderboard were being modified throughout.

“what did you win at?” long story….

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I meant some real info.
How exactly will scoring work
Whats the rating algorithm and how will matchmaking work
etc.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

This whole leaderboard thing has been a complete disaster for quite awhile now. Glad they finally realized what they should have known would happen, but better late than never.

The rewards though have to be a joke…that can’t be it.

in PvP

Harvest.2506

Harvest what you don’t understand is that Anet can’t gives any rewards because few players mad even if they are the ones who played the most is nothing compared to all the others that would get mad if you had rewards. because if there was rewards announced they would have played more aswell.

sure thing few peoples will be used by these last 2 month and feeling ignored by Anet but who cares if even Anet doesn’t..

So? That’s like saying you can’t give the GWAMM title to a new player because they never enjoyed and played through all of GW1 like I have.

And their response would be like: I never Knew GW1 could transfer titles, or i was too busying with WoW

Then I could say well I worked my kitten off for it Cause I believed in GW1 Early. Which is how I’ve felt about Test Season.

Now I know you’re gonna say something along the lines of yeah but they Confirmed that and this is different.

But they kept the Leaderboard going which means we’re still in season, or we in a new season and I played hard as well as a lot. I can stand to scrutiny among others for rewards because I’ve put in the time and effort to pvp and I Believe in it when scant few others do.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

" we’ll hold a test season starting on Tuesday, December 16, that will be running until Tuesday, January 13 "
I don’t see where your demands are coming from, Harvest.