Sensotix Goes Solo Q (HD) Gameplays

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Added:
Episode 12 -“Tripple Warrior Op!” (Warrior)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IglIDTI3rOU

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Added:
Episode 13 -“AWESOME NEWS!” (Mesmer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myqVvJ3dPjw

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Added:
Episode 14 -“Plans For The Future!” (Thief)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9E-ZkIjU4o

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Just watched the mesmer, trying helseth build are we now?

I have tried gs/staff but regular shatter, and found it to be really effective. You mentioned the torch to help you re-position against thieves and stuff, but I find staff/gs to actually be a really great combo at the moment.

Have not tried halting strike because I love my wrack damage

“I own you guys”
“I have no friends”
“I am open to anything”

You are the greatest

<3

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I really like Your idea about commentary + slow motion for top100 teamqueue matches and other stuff for soloqueue. I think teamqueue, especially in high Tier, is more interesting in a tactical prospective.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Just watched the mesmer, trying helseth build are we now?

I have tried gs/staff but regular shatter, and found it to be really effective. You mentioned the torch to help you re-position against thieves and stuff, but I find staff/gs to actually be a really great combo at the moment.

Have not tried halting strike because I love my wrack damage

“I own you guys”
“I have no friends”
“I am open to anything”

You are the greatest

<3

I am actually just having fun with all the different weaponsets right now and I am glad you enjoyed this episode
haha ya i am just talking random stuff^^

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

I really like Your idea about commentary + slow motion for top100 teamqueue matches and other stuff for soloqueue. I think teamqueue, especially in high Tier, is more interesting in a tactical prospective.

I will probably manage to upload a tactical breakdown of the esl finales today

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Hey guys this time I have something completely new for you!
Since I was invited to join the shoutcaster program which I did I now have the possibility to watch and record rated Top 100 Team Q Tournament matches!
I came up with the idea to use these recorded matches to explain the tactics of the different teams (splits, movement, positioning etc) in a video series to help new players and teams!

I really hope you enjoy it!
Make sure to leave a comment on Youtube if you enjoyed it and/or have any suggestions/ideas!

Subscribe to my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChKcXTocz7_QAnpbCCeOtfw?sub_confirmation=1

Episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxg7Wl1BVGY

in PvP

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

+1 for the initiative! I think this is a really great concept and I would not mind contributing if help is needed.

(edited by djooceboxblast.9876)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Thanks a lot for the support Djooce i appreciate it

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

GJ man :P

Jin

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Even if those guides are helpful, what is most needed is forum visibility.

Very few people post-take a look at these forums, we need more visibility.

Good initiative anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Very nice, thank you!

I only wish live games would be as convinient to follow as spectator.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

GJ man :P

Jin

Thanks a lot

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

GJ Sensotix, i want to give you some suggestions to improve your recording:

1_ Would be cool add players number involved in every teamfight on minimap. This is very helpful to follow better, like spectators, the game. It means for example in this video (at the beginning): (red color)4vs3(blue color) at mid (little advantage for reds), (red color)1vs1(blue color) at mine. After few seconds, (red color)4vs4(blue color) on mid (blue ranger came after) and when blue necro was stomped, (red color)4vs3(blue color) at mid etc. Maybe you can add this counter very close to node on minimap.

Btw in general i think this would be very good if anet could insert it in spectator mode directly (like dynamic counter for teamfights).

2) Add little arrows in minimap when a guy disengages to show where he wants to go. In general i think dynamic counter is more important but this could be very helpfull too.

3) More slow motions. It’s very very usefull in big teamfights to understand what happened. You used it well to show guardian kb on ress spirits (very unlucky) and the final 100b on svanir after kd.

4) More character’s PoV. It’s linked to previous improvement, i mean, a lot of times big fights are very confusing and it’s not easy to watch from panoramic view. So i think a good balance from slow motions and PoV can be very helpful.

I know it’s not easy to switch on right camera during the fights when you are watching a game, but you need only more practice.

You did a gj anyway

And good match!

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

GJ Sensotix, i want to give you some suggestions to improve your recording:

1_ Would be cool add players number involved in every teamfight on minimap. This is very helpful to follow better, like spectators, the game. It means for example in this video (at the beginning): (red color)4vs3(blue color) at mid (little advantage for reds), (red color)1vs1(blue color) at mine. After few seconds, (red color)4vs4(blue color) on mid (blue ranger came after) and when blue necro was stomped, (red color)4vs3(blue color) at mid etc. Maybe you can add this counter very close to node on minimap.

Btw in general i think this would be very good if anet could insert it in spectator mode directly (like dynamic counter for teamfights).

2) Add little arrows in minimap when a guy disengages to show where he wants to go. In general i think dynamic counter is more important but this could be very helpfull too.

3) More slow motions. It’s very very usefull in big teamfights to understand what happened. You used it well to show guardian kb on ress spirits (very unlucky) and the final 100b on svanir after kd.

4) More character’s PoV. It’s linked to previous improvement, i mean, a lot of times big fights are very confusing and it’s not easy to watch from panoramic view. So i think a good balance from slow motions and PoV can be very helpful.

I know it’s not easy to switch on right camera during the fights when you are watching a game, but you need only more practice.

You did a gj anyway

And good match!

okay thanks for all the suggestions they are really really good the only problem is that it is extremely hard with my limited sony vegas skills to do all that but i will try my best! promised!
i think the rest is actually possible good ideas there!

Cheers,
Sensotix

in PvP

Posted by: OhMyTaeyeon.5831

OhMyTaeyeon.5831

Good job Sensotix, are you still going to do a video on 1v1 tips as a shatter mesmer?

NaƱa (Mesmer)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Even if those guides are helpful, what is most needed is forum visibility.

Very few people post-take a look at these forums, we need more visibility.

Good initiative anyway.

yea there needs something to be changed about that its hard to spread the guides :/

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Very nice, thank you!

I only wish live games would be as convinient to follow as spectator.

Yea the live games are just happening so fast.. you cant really focus on certain things

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Very nice, hope it will help ppl develope in a good way.
Keep it up

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

More great work. Would be nice to see ANET get behind something like this as a series of tutorials you could access from the mists or something.

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

This was great. Thanks Sensotix!

How awesome would it be if GW2 had a record feature like Starcraft 2 where you could go back and pause/play/rewind, look at different camera angles, builds etc. Oh the analysis you could do!

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Good job Sensotix, are you still going to do a video on 1v1 tips as a shatter mesmer?

Yes of course
But atm I am really busy with all the stuff the spectating feature allows me to do

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Very nice, hope it will help ppl develope in a good way.
Keep it up

Thanks a lot

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

More great work. Would be nice to see ANET get behind something like this as a series of tutorials you could access from the mists or something.

this would be awesome…maybe i can talk to the devs about showing such stuff

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

This was great. Thanks Sensotix!

How awesome would it be if GW2 had a record feature like Starcraft 2 where you could go back and pause/play/rewind, look at different camera angles, builds etc. Oh the analysis you could do!

Thanks a lot
yes that would be awesome

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Another tactical breakdown video will follow this weekend!
would be awesome if you could bump this thread from time to time so that more new players can actually see it

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

This is really awesome Sensotix. Thanks for putting it together!

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

This is really awesome Sensotix. Thanks for putting it together!

could you maybe make it a sticky?
It’s completely up to you I don’t mind having it like this

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Added:
Episode 15 -“Solo Q Series Is Back!” (Mesmer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUr3uqzzL0o

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Another great video. I have difficulty pulling off your ‘about face’ forward teleport. I find that “about face” only works if I click the ground first. Even then I find I need to stop or slow down to re-orient.

Any tips?

in PvP

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

About face doesn’t work if you are right clicking to move the camera at all, provided you aren’t doing that it works

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Another great video. I have difficulty pulling off your ‘about face’ forward teleport. I find that “about face” only works if I click the ground first. Even then I find I need to stop or slow down to re-orient.

Any tips?

you shouldn’t have a target
the second thing is there is a feature you can enable where you put the turn around on one key press the key and then just press pr and then the key again

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Watched your most recent video. Neat looking build. Curious about your choices on the following:

1) Why did you choose Null Field instead of Disenchanter, given that you are not constantly shattering? The Disenchanter only has a 20 second cooldown and strips 2 condis+2boons every ~3 or so seconds. Plus he gives regen.

2) I won’t argue the x/20/20/20/x, but I’m curious why you chose 30 Dueling vs
– 30 in Chaos (9% damage reduction)
– 30 Insp (Shattered Conditions)
– 10 Dom (empowered Illusions)
– 10 Illusions (Master of Misdirection)

I ran something similar: 0/20/20/30/0 with full settler’s and disenchanter|defender and mirror images, and staff/GS. I found it very survivable and gave great zone defense, but the killing power was lacking (I wasn’t using undead runes – I’ll try that).

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: emil.6539

emil.6539

Hi Senso …do u think shatter/stealth build is still viable in tpvp ?
And what build would u reccomment for tpvp if not shatter ( just which one is the strongest to help out in team fights)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Watched your most recent video. Neat looking build. Curious about your choices on the following:

1) Why did you choose Null Field instead of Disenchanter, given that you are not constantly shattering? The Disenchanter only has a 20 second cooldown and strips 2 condis+2boons every ~3 or so seconds. Plus he gives regen.

2) I won’t argue the x/20/20/20/x, but I’m curious why you chose 30 Dueling vs
– 30 in Chaos (9% damage reduction)
– 30 Insp (Shattered Conditions)
– 10 Dom (empowered Illusions)
– 10 Illusions (Master of Misdirection)

I ran something similar: 0/20/20/30/0 with full settler’s and disenchanter|defender and mirror images, and staff/GS. I found it very survivable and gave great zone defense, but the killing power was lacking (I wasn’t using undead runes – I’ll try that).

Hey there
1) The reason I am using Nullfield is that it is faster especially it helps out my teammates a lot ..especially since I have the cooldown reduction via my traits

2) I choose to run 30 in dueling to get extra crit chance and to have the cooldown reduction on both my stun and phantasm which is really important because with this build you really dont want to stand on the point vs a warrior etc without any cooldowns up..30 in inspiration is not really good since you don’t ever shatter your illusions because the effects on death don’t trigger on shatter

Hope I could help

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Hi Senso …do u think shatter/stealth build is still viable in tpvp ?
And what build would u reccomment for tpvp if not shatter ( just which one is the strongest to help out in team fights)

In my opinion it is still viable
the greatsword/staff build probably is still one of the best builds for teamfights

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Added:
Episode 16 -“Stabby Stab!” (Thief)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3e9eHHjfaQ

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Nice vid, always great to see you run thief.

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Nice videos.

Any chance we will see an ele video soon™?

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Nice videos.

Any chance we will see an ele video soon™?

i will try my best

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Nice vid, always great to see you run thief.

glad you enjoyed it

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

These are fantastic videos. It really helps me fight mesmers, which are my absolute nightmare. I think I won my first point ever with a 30+ mesmer guarding it tonight. : O

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Nicely polished video.
I like you’ve admitted you’re not a full time warrior player in their specific video’s. As much as I can understand hanging around the edges in group engagements and laying down longbow fire field and hammer stuns, it differs from what I learned was good warrior play versus generic warrior play. In gw1 the warriors in our guild were the first ones in, they had the highest mitigation and damage output, but more importantly they knew exactly who had used what, who was on half energy and who was on none and would keep track of who was where and single out who the weakest target was to organised spike. Warrior goes from being considered straight forward to advanced when you have people doing this.

The prot monk is on half energy and still has 11 seconds left on their elite.
The healer monk has over extended, but still has viable energy
Their mesmer is sitting on 2 interrupts
The ele has 6 seconds left on blinding surge
Line up their ranger for a spike in 4 seconds
use ‘cannot be blocked’ their rit still has weapon of warding up their sleeve
Our ranger go snare their healer monk and trapped them at being over extended
Ok everyone..3..2..1..spike

It becomes very impressive to play with these types of warrior’s who are not only contributing, they know exactly who to target at every single minute and what to use. It is what I personally feel warrior has lost in gw2 with teams always being spread out over 3 nodes.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Awesome collection dude thanks!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

These are fantastic videos. It really helps me fight mesmers, which are my absolute nightmare. I think I won my first point ever with a 30+ mesmer guarding it tonight. : O

comments like this one really motivate! thx

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Awesome collection dude thanks!

glad you enjoy it!)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Nicely polished video.
I like you’ve admitted you’re not a full time warrior player in their specific video’s. As much as I can understand hanging around the edges in group engagements and laying down longbow fire field and hammer stuns, it differs from what I learned was good warrior play versus generic warrior play. In gw1 the warriors in our guild were the first ones in, they had the highest mitigation and damage output, but more importantly they knew exactly who had used what, who was on half energy and who was on none and would keep track of who was where and single out who the weakest target was to organised spike. Warrior goes from being considered straight forward to advanced when you have people doing this.

The prot monk is on half energy and still has 11 seconds left on their elite.
The healer monk has over extended, but still has viable energy
Their mesmer is sitting on 2 interrupts
The ele has 6 seconds left on blinding surge
Line up their ranger for a spike in 4 seconds
use ‘cannot be blocked’ their rit still has weapon of warding up their sleeve
Our ranger go snare their healer monk and trapped them at being over extended
Ok everyone..3..2..1..spike

It becomes very impressive to play with these types of warrior’s who are not only contributing, they know exactly who to target at every single minute and what to use. It is what I personally feel warrior has lost in gw2 with teams always being spread out over 3 nodes.

thanks a lot! and yea i really miss those times as well!

in PvP

Posted by: Sassyjay.3645

Sassyjay.3645

I have really enjoyed this series, especially watching the d/p thief build play as I play this myself, I am however hopping you might try s/p at some point just so i can see how a good player actually does it ;P !! ( I generally fail with it.)