Separate premades and randoms in tPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rapid.7451

Rapid.7451

The tournament is just kitten I don’t know if it’s just me or not but I think that it sucks big time. What I would like to see is that premade and random teams don’t fight each other in tournaments as randoms have no chance of winning. I have been playing 10 tournaments today and I didn’t win one single game because all of the premades. To all of those who says, “get a team and you might win…”, you shouldn’t be required to team up with people in order to win a game, especially when none of your friends play the game because of kitteny it is.

Second of all, give us random arenas just like in GW1 kitten Is it really hard to create a kitten map where 2 teams can just nuke each other instead of capping?

Third of all… WTF, and I really mean WTF happened with “We will focus on burst this update”, you didn’t do kitten about burst dmg. What happened with thiefs, nothing. And for the love of god, why don’t you remove the bunkers? What happened with the holy trinity?

Sorry if you found this post insulting in a way but the PvP system is kitten. Also, feel free to correct me as there could be something wrong with me.

Image of what an ordinary pug vs preamde tPvP match looks like: http://i2.minus.com/jlOSlD0WTs80w.jpg

(edited by Rapid.7451)

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

While I don’t necessarily like the overall tone of this post I have to say that I agree with the first idea. Premades and pugs should probably be separate.

in PvP

Posted by: YojimboJones.6243

YojimboJones.6243

I remember this becoming a huge issue in World of Warcraft. Doing battlegrounds where your side was a random assortment of people doing casual pvp or grinding honor for gear, and facing a full raid on teamspeak who would just steamroll. From what I remember they eventually found a way to pit premade vs premade. Clearly ArenaNet does not have the resources of Blizzard but it would be a very welcome change.

Yojimbo Jones: Norn Warrior
Niv Wizzet: Asura Engineer
[EMP] – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

From what I remember they eventually found a way to pit premade vs premade.

They limit the ability to que with friends > to max 5 ppl :P
But the ppl , found an alternative way, with the AV enabler addon > having as many ppl as u want , in any map :P

in PvP

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

its kinda funny that the only mode they do have and the whole free tournament system leaves many people frustrated and those are especially the new players and the guildless people i’m talking about. people didn’t like it when i said expect to have a 85% lossing streak when you join a pug.. and told me to stop crying but that’s just how it is..got my champion title so i ll stay far away from this trainwreck at peakhours.

i played mmorpgs since ultima online back in 2001 and these free tournaments with a pug is prob one of the worst terribad pvp experience i had in over a decade..its not only the fact of being farmed but also the conversations that follow. a lot of these "good"people act all elite and like total smugs and start to use profanity or want to lecture you when you dare to say anything after the match.

in PvP

Rapid.7451

I just don’t understand the logic behing matching up randoms against premade team, whats so fun or good about it? Getting owned in 10 out of 11 games?

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

WvW->8v8->5v5->free->paid.

At some point along that line of progression you’re going to have to learn to play with others if you want to be any good at this game at all.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Rapid.7451

At some point along that line of progression you’re going to have to learn to play with others if you want to be any good at this game at all.

It’s not about being good on the game but enjoying it. I do play sPvP and it’s fine but it’s much more fun to play the tournament even though you get owned in 10 out of 11 games there which is kitten You shouldn’t be forced to have a preamde team in order to have fun/win in tPvP. Just tell me, what’s the logic behind matching up randoms against premades? Randoms don’t have a chance. Out of 50 played tournaments I have won 0 against premade teams and most of the 50 matches are premades.

Not to talk about anet adding another kitteny capping map instead of adding an arena where you can just fight.

I might just go back to LoL and come back in a month to see what the PvP looks like in GW2. There is no communication between the community and the devs atm, they simply don’t give a kitten. 2 millions sold copies, yet 500 players in xPvP, something must be wrong here?

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

You shouldn’t be forced to have a preamde team in order to have fun/win in tPvP

Why not? You’re moving from casual to competitive when you queue at the tournament master. Stop blaming the system. If you get stomped, it’s your own fault for coming unprepared. See sig.

Pug vs pug is insanely boring (as you noted with your spvp comment), already available, and removes an incentive for players to seek a team, reducing the size of the competitive pool.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Rapid.7451

Why not? You’re moving from casual to competitive when you queue at the tournament master. Stop blaming the system. If you get stomped, it’s your own fault for coming unprepared. See sig.

So what you are trying to say is that everyone who doesn’t have a preamde team shouldn’t play the tournament? Give me a break.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

So what you are trying to say is that everyone who doesn’t have a preamde team shouldn’t play the tournament? Give me a break.

Why should they? They can go 5v5 with pugs against pugs on the same maps just fine in spvp.

in PvP

Rapid.7451

Why should they? They can go 5v5 with pugs against pugs on the same maps just fine in spvp.

You know that there are titles that can only be gained through tournaments? You know that you might get a prize from tournament? Maybe thats the reason why the should play the tournament? Whats wrong with adding team tournaments and random tournaments just like in GW1 team arenas and random arenas? Why are you so much against this?

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Why are you so much against this?

Pug vs pug is insanely boring (as you noted with your spvp comment), already available, and removes an incentive for players to seek a team, reducing the size of the competitive pool.

Question already answered. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the discussion.

You want the titles and prizes, earn them instead of asking for them to be made easier. I want a thousand QPs, I think we should separate premades and pugs in paid.

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

Being good involves yourself only. In a 2v2 if you’re good and your partner is bad you’re still a good player but in a mediocre team. If pugs are matched against pugs and you’re a good player, your win ratio will be higher than 50% because you bring higher skill to your team.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Being good involves yourself only.

Being good involves teamwork.

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

You can create pickup groups that do well in pvp if you have the motivation to find groups using voice chat. Develop a friends list, join some random groups, ask in map chat, join multiple guilds.

In this format, communication is essential. Download every voice chat thingy you can get. I currently have about 14+ ventrilo servers on my roster that I have used with various pugs.

You don’t have to be bffs to group with someone and stomp some face in some tourneys – you just have to be persistent. The better player you are, the better groups you will get invited to. Figure out your class in hotjoin, then look for organized groups using voice chat for tourneys.

In the fluke that you to get to map 2 or even 3 with a total random team, talk to some of these peeps, see if they are interested in grouping or minimally tell them “hey add me to your friends list, I’m always looking for groups!”

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

You can create pickup groups that do well in pvp if you have the motivation to find groups using voice chat. Develop a friends list, join some random groups, ask in map chat, join multiple guilds.

In this format, communication is essential. Download every voice chat thingy you can get. I currently have about 14+ ventrilo servers on my roster that I have used with various pugs.

You don’t have to be bffs to group with someone and stomp some face in some tourneys – you just have to be persistent. The better player you are, the better groups you will get invited to. Figure out your class in hotjoin, then look for organized groups using voice chat for tourneys.

In the fluke that you to get to map 2 or even 3 with a total random team, talk to some of these peeps, see if they are interested in grouping or minimally tell them “hey add me to your friends list, I’m always looking for groups!”

There’s no question that players can take steps to alleviate the problem. The issue is that players have to take steps at all to alleviate a problem that could at least theoretically be dealt with by the developers. Finding workarounds for bad game design is always a good thing but that doesn’t excuse the underlying bad game design imo.

in PvP

shaolin.9716

Being good involves teamwork.

I guess it’s a definition perspective. I define the better player as the one who will down the most opponents in a duel environment, because he has greater awareness and the fastest reflexes, and this is actually how the majority of players would define it. Only a minority of players take it to the next level with organized teamplay.

in PvP

Rapid.7451

Just give us 2 different options, team touranmenst and random tournaments, it’s not that hard. I guarantee that the player base in PvP will be higher.

Not to mention that anet is so kitten that they havn’t added an arena yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Aspen Tie.5084

Aspen Tie.5084

Everyone just blurts out what they want. However, they spend no time to actually evaluate their thoughts or consider how their supposedly great changes or additions would actually affect the game.

I agree with all of Mammoths posts. With that being said, I tend to primarily solo queue tpvp.

Back Door Beauty [MUF]

in PvP

Rapid.7451

Added an image of what the tPvP looks like atm…

in PvP

shaolin.9716

Your screenshot is one of what seems like a very boring game for both the pug and premade. However, it is less frustrating than losing 500 to 400+ to a bad premade who would definitely have lost in a fair match environment, without the advantage of communication and planning team composition. A pug losing to a premade with 400+ points definitely has more skilled players than the premade.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuddle Time.4027

Cuddle Time.4027

I love the overall tone of this post because there are so many kittens and kittens are adorable. It took me a while to figure out why the OP was talking about kittens so often, but after I figured it out, I lol’d. =^.^=

Cuddle Time, out!

in PvP

Rapid.7451

I love the overall tone of this post because there are so many kittens and kittens are adorable. It took me a while to figure out why the OP was talking about kittens so often, but after I figured it out, I lol’d. =^.^=

I don’t think that you realize that there is a loading bug in pvp, I lol’d. =^.^=