Settler Rev auto vs. Mara staff ele auto

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

As a joke, I said that Revenant Sword auto-attack is so strong, it could even beat my auto-attacks on Marauder Amulet when the Revenant uses Settler Amulet (no power).

So we would both stay in melee, I would get the first strike (because range) and we’d stay immobile until the first go down. Needless to say, the marauder staff lost every time. Here’s the video proof of the duel that was the closest.

http://www.twitch.tv/aleriedespins/v/28989832

EDIT: I was right. Nerf incoming.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Inb4 rev mains say L2P

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

So what’s the point of this? The Revenant had a bad amulet for Power damage but was still running the Devastation line (tons of damage increasing traits there) while using a high DPS weapon that hits 3 times for every Fireball you could cast.
I’m surprised you didn’t drop faster.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

So what’s the point of this? The Revenant had a bad amulet for Power damage but was still running the Devastation line (tons of damage increasing traits there) while using a high DPS weapon that hits 3 times for every Fireball you could cast.

Take it the way you want. The video stays there.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Malchior.5732

And again, what’s the point? All you’re showing is that staying at melee range against a weapon that EXCELS at melee is a dumb idea as a Marauder Staff Ele.

*Yes, I know you’re saying Revenant’s Sword DPS is too high.
Yes, it is, but then again, if you had used Lava Fonts, the roles would be reversed quite quickly. Revenants have strong auto-attacks and thus prevent the issue Elementalists have had forever: weak auto-attacks that FORCE swapping constantly.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

And again, what’s the point? All you’re showing is that staying at melee range against a weapon that EXCELS at melee is a dumb idea as a Marauder Staff Ele.

*Yes, I know you’re saying Revenant’s Sword DPS is too high.
Yes, it is, but then again, if you had used Lava Fonts, the roles would be reversed quite quickly. Revenants have strong auto-attacks and thus prevent the issue Elementalists have had forever: weak auto-attacks that FORCE swapping constantly.

It just started as a joke. How does stated auto-attacks do against unstated auto attack of Revenants. Just take it like the RoF burn stacking videos.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I think the point is that Rev is OP. But we all know this, irregardless of if this vid shows it or not :p

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Didn’t help your ele when versed in stone proc’d. That also means the rev was using determined resolution which reduces dmg taken by a further 10% when he went below 75%. He was also using devistation which would apply vuln to you and increase his damage by 7% and also steal health due to minor traits. Those along with more traits like Vicious lacerations and assassin’s presence helped boost the sword damage even in the absence of power. Not discrediting the swords strength but this is a stupid test with no controls.

(edited by TheAngryDuckling.5481)

in PvP

Malchior.5732

If she uses lava font, the rev can use unrelenting. Her point is that someone needs a buff/nerf and it isn’t the ele.

It’s a stupid comparison to begin with (not to mention that eating 2 Lava Fonts in a span of 12 seconds should out-damage a single Unrelenting Assault – a marginal DPS increase or a DPS loss -). Why don’t you stand in Wells too? Or take an Eviscerate? Or a Hundred Blades? Etc.

All this says is that a Revenant with almost all his damage traits and a Toughness amulet can kill one of the squishiest classes (which is also notorious for their bad auto-attacks; Fireball itself is VERY slow) with auto-attacks before they die to autos themselves.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Didn’t help your ele when versed in stone proc’d.

Oh lord, I didn’t even notice this at first.

I see why you say it’s a joke now, Alekt.

It just started as a joke. How does stated auto-attacks do against unstated auto attack of Revenants. Just take it like the RoF burn stacking videos.

Yea, that “started” as a joke too and quickly turned into massive amounts of hatred towards the class and players alike. I’m also not blind to the amount of hate you and many others have directed to Revenants. Same scenario here: many Elementalists wanted actual functionality changes, everyone else screamed for nerfs. Took Anet forever to satisfy just one side.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

It’s the closest one. Random blood or air procs were better on that one. There is one duel where I only down the revenant to 40%.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Malchior.5732

It’s the closest one. Random blood or air procs were better on that one. There is one duel where I only down the revenant to 40%.

Maybe there are certain traits that make this a guaranteed loss for the Ele in such a scenario.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

If she uses lava font, the rev can use unrelenting. Her point is that someone needs a buff/nerf and it isn’t the ele.

It’s a stupid comparison to begin with. Why don’t you stand in Wells too? Or take an Eviscerate? Or a Hundred Blades? Etc.

All this says is that a Revenant with almost all his damage traits and a Toughness amulet can kill one of the squishiest classes (which is also notorious for their bad auto-attacks; Fireball itself is VERY slow) with auto-attacks before they die to autos themselves.

So the traits alone are enough to account for over 1k power? If a marauder warrior just STOOD there, it’d at least be 10 minutes or more before the revenant killed him after proccing EP, so no one is arguing defense. The point is the ele, who has more than double the rev’s power, wasn’t able to beat the rev who had 2k less HP and averaged 500 DPH. She also isn’t basing an entire argument around it. She said it started as a joke, but it seems to have brought up yet another point against rev.

I brought up unrelenting because you brought up lava font. That’s all.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Hint: Settler has 0 Power stat, Thats 1050 difference in power. Which is a lot. Common sense seems to be a lost art these days. It also had 0 ferocity and 0 precision, meaning it can’t crit unless with fury.

Also, assuming the ele was running fire, thats another 150 power.

Also, the ele had the start, also had Frost armor into the fight (10% dmg mitigation)

So stop defending this obviously overtuned class.

@Alekt

1 huge flaw you have in the test is that you have scholar runes on, the first attack the rev gives you removes that 10% damage modifier which will have actually killed him.

But the point stands, 1050 power is a HUGE Difference.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

It’s a stupid comparison to begin with. Why don’t you stand in Wells too? Or take an Eviscerate? Or a Hundred Blades? Etc.

So the traits alone are enough to account for over 1k power? If a marauder warrior just STOOD there, it’d at least be 10 minutes or more before the revenant killed him after proccing EP, so no one is arguing defense. The point is the ele, who has more than double the rev’s power, wasn’t able to beat the rev who had 2k less HP and averaged 500 DPH. She also isn’t basing an entire argument around it. She said it started as a joke, but it seems to have brought up yet another point against rev.

I brought up unrelenting because you brought up lava font. That’s all.

The traits account for a 37% damage increase (20% when the Ele is below 50% and Vulnerability not considered)) and a Life Siphon. Along with that, the Rev is running Retribution and a trait which provides a 50% damage REDUCTION for 5 seconds. (along with a 10% damage reduction when below 75% health)

Also, the Revenant would be eating about 2 full Lava Fonts every 12 seconds (when Unrelenting Assault would be up – a marginal DPS increase and sometimes a DPS loss -).

Hint: Settler has 0 Power stat, Thats 1050 difference in power. Which is a lot. Common sense seems to be a lost art these days.

Yet it’s not just about Power is it? The Revenant has a lot of advantages set-up in this scenario, in his natural habitat: Melee.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Yet it’s not just about Power is it? The Revenant has a lot of advantages set-up in this scenario, in his natural habitat: Melee.

Well, I thought staff was melee with all those “obstructed” and “misses”.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Staff elementalists are in a bad position right now because they have been a victim of all the d/d nerfs even through they were already underpowered from an offensive perspective in everything that isn’t a group fight.

Revenant has the same range as an elementalist with hammer btw but they hit 2-3 times harder and have a heavy armor…

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Why in the world would you expect a high risk/high reward build to stand there and trade autos with a class built for survivability? That’s not how you play that role. At all.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Revenant is going to be kittening destroyed in the upcoming balance update and there are nothing the casuals can do to prevent this.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Revenant has the same range as an elementalist with hammer btw but they hit 2-3 times harder and have a heavy armor…

They have a much better Auto-Attack, #2 which definitely does need a bit of a reduction(although to be fair, you can strafe the kitten thing; shave it a bit or make it worse at range, but increase capabilities elsewhere), and a way to defend against projectiles.
The trade-off comes from being pretty bad at closer ranges and being completely awful at Control, unlike the Elementalist Staff, which, as you mentioned, has been subject to certain nerfs (and also Ele in-general has very bad Autos).

You see, what I actually dislike is the blind hate. Blind hate that this thread is bound to cause (and undoubtedly IS a cause of the hate itself).
Does Revenant need changes? Of course. Not only are some things still too strong(or too weak), but they just don’t make sense design-wise! If you were to change at the very least hammer #2 and Enhanced Bulwark/Shield 5, you’d notice much bigger weaknesses in these builds.
Unfortunately, many want the class to be nuked from existence rather than tweaked(which is all it needs to fall in line).

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They have a much better Auto-Attack, #2 which definitely does need a bit of a reduction(although to be fair, you can strafe the kitten thing; shave it a bit or make it worse at range, but increase capabilities elsewhere), and a way to defend against projectiles.
The trade-off comes from being pretty bad at closer ranges and being completely awful at Control, unlike the Elementalist Staff.

You see, what I actually dislike is the blind hate. Blind hate that this thread is bound to cause (and undoubtedly IS a cause of the hate itself).
Does Revenant need changes? Of course. Not only are some things still too strong(or too weak), but they just don’t make sense design-wise! If you were to change at the very least hammer #2 and Enhanced Bulwark/Shield 5, you’d notice much bigger weaknesses in these builds.
Unfortunately, many want the class to be nuked from existence rather than tweaked(which is all it needs to fall in line).

I got hit by 17k Coalescence of Ruins in WvW multiple times, so I’m not sure I would call that blind hate… Nothing can justify a Press-1-button-to-win meta.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

The trade-off comes from being pretty bad at closer ranges and being completely awful at Control, unlike the Elementalist Staff.

I got hit by 17k Coalescence of Ruins in WvW multiple times, so I’m not sure I would call that blind hate… Nothing can justify a Press-1-button-to-win meta.

You can blame that on Cruel Repercussions.
It’s a trait that it quite overpunishing, but mostly only really good on Hammer #2 in WvW…

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

What is there to blind of? If anyone is acting blind it is clearly you

Yes 1050 power is everything Lets not forget the Precision and Ferocity on there (Which Also accounts a lot on the dilemma). That amulet and stat spread separates a Glass cannon from a condi spec or bunker.

Now if the eles is dying to a settler amy (WITHOUT CONDITIONS) now clearly something is wrong here.

Okay look at this way. Can settler Ranger using LB AA kill the ele faster? We all know the answer to this one.

Even if the Ranger traits into MM with remorseless or whatsoever.

Bottom line: “A settler amuler SHOULD not Outdamage a Marauder Amulet if he is using 0 conditions”

What I hate is blindly defending a broken class.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Yes 1050 power is everything Lets not forget the Precision and Ferocity on there (Which Also accounts a lot on the dilemma). That amulet and stat spread separates a Glass cannon from a condi spec or bunker.

Now if the eles is dying to a settler amy (WITHOUT CONDITIONS) now clearly something is wrong here.

Okay look at this way. Can settler Ranger using LB AA kill the ele faster? We all know the answer to this one.

Bottom line: “A settler amuler SHOULD not Outdamage a Marauder Amulet if he is using 0 conditions”

Don’t you see how tanky the Revenant is?
Tons of Toughness, life siphons, 10% damage reduction while below 75% health, 50% damage reduction when Versed in Stone procs AND against a class that is notorious for having bad auto-attacks and has always had trouble dealing good damage with them in PvP.

This is rigged against the Elementalist from the very beginning (who also is missing +10% from the runes due to picking the worst runes possible for this comparison).

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

Please explain how to get out of melee range of a Rev, when they have teleports on almost no cooldowns. He could basically spend all his energy on the teleports and auto you down. Game is broken and bad.

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Please explain how to get out of melee range of a Rev, when they have teleports on almost no cooldowns. He could basically spend all his energy on the teleports and auto you down. Game is broken and bad.

Phase Traversal has a 5 second cooldown and costs 20 energy to use.

Assuming he’s using Axe, that’s a 12 second cooldown with 600 range and 10 energy.

Unrelenting Assault has a 12 second cooldown and 450 range, which can be completely cancelled if you dodge away during the 3/4 cast time if you’re far away enough from the Revenant (you only need to be like a bit less than 200 away)

A Power Revenant will most likely not have ANY Stability or Resistance and 0 Condition Cleanses.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

That’s not what was tested by OP or an accurate assessment of what mechanics were in play, or even how the roles function.

If this is how you’re assessing things then no wonder you’re feeling frustrated in PvP.

No, I’m not defending Revs or anything else. But this whole thread is just wrong and not helping anything.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Also, the Revenant would be eating about 2 full Lava Fonts every 12 seconds (when Unrelenting Assault would be up – a marginal DPS increase and sometimes a DPS loss -).

Unrelenting doesn’t just do damage ;D.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Unrelenting doesn’t just do damage ;D.

Did I say that’s all it did?

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Therefore, DPS loss or not, you’d be back to square 1 where the sword rev still kills the ele.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Therefore, DPS loss or not, you’d be back to square 1 where the sword rev still kills the ele.

Ignoring how rigged this already is in favor of the Revenant tanking the Ele, a lot of the Staff Elementalist’s damage comes from Lava Font, so while the Revenant gets to dodge 2 seconds of damage every 12 seconds, he’s eating two full Lava Fonts + Auto-Attacks minimum before Unrelenting Assault is back up.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

I’d like the OP to test again with the same parameters, just with lava font included while the rev uses unrelenting to dodge as many lava fonts as possible. It’d be interesting to see where it goes. Although I fear we’ll end up including every skill set until it just becomes a normal fight, but….

SCIENCE?

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

The rev has a ton of toughness armor in this situation, while a low hp ele just has a bit of extra vit.

Overall effective hp is in Rev’s favor here.

Plus, what the hell traits was the ele using? Doing like 400 dmg fireball hits? lol

in PvP

Malchior.5732

I’d like the OP to test again with the same parameters, just with lava font included while the rev uses unrelenting to dodge as many lava fonts as possible. It’d be interesting to see where it goes. Although I fear we’ll end up including every skill set until it just becomes a normal fight, but….

SCIENCE?

It’s not science. This is just being used to try to shame Revenants.
Much like the Ring of Fire fiasco with Elementalists, a very unrealistic scenario is created to try to show how powerful something is. Unlike that fiasco though, which was unrealistic, but could still be threatening due to RoF being covered or glitching up, here Alekt is showcasing a duel that is not only unrealistic, but pits almost every advantage possible to a single class in an area where they’re designed to excel at.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Tons of Toughness, life siphons, 10% damage reduction while below 75% health, 50% damage reduction when Versed in Stone procs AND against a class that is notorious for having bad auto-attacks and has always had trouble dealing good damage with them in PvP.

This is rigged against the Elementalist from the very beginning (who also is missing +10% from the runes due to picking the worst runes possible for this comparison).

Read what I posted.

0 CONDITIONS The settler amy has 900 condition damage on it.

Now if this was a sentinel amulet I would believe you. But shredding that 17k hp with 0 POWER 0 CONDITIONS clearly something is wrong.

The ele even had Fury, Frost armor on. 10% of scholar would not MATTER. He could use a different Power rune and give the same amount of power Stat here.

Also, if your argument that the rev was tanky, HE WILL NOT KILL THE ELE BEFORE THE ELE COULD KILL HIM. Again why?

0 power. 0 conditions. AND only Auto Attacks

DPS loss for unrelenting? Again so much bias, UA fares better 1v1 so where is the DPS loss coming from? If this was 1v3 targets, yes why not.

UA is also an evade.

@Hackks

What roles are you talking about? Settler is a condi bunker amulet. Big emphasis on condition. Okay lets talk roles, condi bunkers rely on conditions to deal damage, so what’s the point on using it at all if you can just AA your way through?

No skills, only AA will be used to make it the same argument on the video.

Also Sword is best scaled with power stat, Again with the same argument, if sword scales best with power, then how does it deal so much damage with 0 power?

You guys are also negating the fact that he had frost armor which 10% of already supposed to be low damage bec the rev has 0 power to begin with, is mitigated

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Read what I posted.

0 CONDITIONS The settler amy has 900 condition damage on it.

Now if this was a sentinel amulet I would believe you. But shredding that 17k hp with 0 POWER 0 CONDITIONS clearly something is wrong.

The ele even had Fury, Frost armor on. 10% of scholar would not MATTER. He could use a different Power rune and give the same amount of power Stat here.

Also, if your argument that the rev was tanky, HE WILL NOT KILL THE ELE BEFORE THE ELE COULD KILL HIM. Again why?

0 power. 0 conditions. AND only Auto Attacks

DPS loss for unrelenting? Again so much bias, UA fares better 1v1 so where is the DPS loss coming from? If this was 1v3 targets, yes why not.

UA is also an evade.

@Hackks

What roles are you talking about? Settler is a condi bunker amulet. Big emphasis on condition. Okay lets talk roles, will a bunker druid kill you with LB with settler ammy faster than you can kill him?

No skills, only AA will be used to make it the same argument on the video.

Also Sword is best scaled with power stat, Again with the same argument, if sword scales best with power, then how does it deal so much damage with 0 power?

Cmon tell me? Same scenario LB has 0 conditions, both ranged, so?

Oh lord, maybe focus on the Elementalist’s damage(sometimes not even breaking 400!) instead and you’ll find the issue.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Oh lord, maybe focus on the Elementalist’s damage(sometimes not even breaking 400!) instead and you’ll find the issue.

Weakness and Rite of the Great Dwarf was a lot of mitigation. Elementalist staff auto are awful and they never hit too (except for air auto which is the superior one).

Alerie Despins

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

@Malchior

Again it would not have mattered, even if you dont have that trait its pretty obvious rev sword still hits super hard with 0 power.

That is the point of this video, The sword hits ridiculously strong even with 0 power, even with 0 precision, even with 150 ferocity, even with 0 fury even with 0 conditions even if the ele had frost armor on.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

@Malchior

Again it would not have mattered, even if you dont have that trait its pretty obvious rev sword still hits super hard with 0 power.

That is the point of this video, The sword hits ridiculously strong even with 0 power, even with 0 precision, even with 150 ferocity, even with 0 fury even with 0 conditions even if the ele had frost armor on.

It also had a ton of damage traits and is designed to be a high DPS weapon :L

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Why would you test who dies first and give one side a bunch of toughnesss through the settlers amulet.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Why would you test who dies first and give one side a bunch of toughnesss through the settlers amulet.

Because it’s the only amulet not giving normal attacks any benefits.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

wait….
you take an ele with staff. which has one of the worst auto attacks (1200 RANGED). then you stand in front of a revenant. which is using a sword. which is one of if not the best autoattack (MELEE). then theres tons of passives on the revenant which reduce your damage so make it a tanky thing (heavy armor+toughness from amulet+traits like rite of the great dwarf/lifeleech/tons of damage modifiers)
You are nearly ful glass with your marauder amulet….
and you expect a different outcome?
Like really?
btw a revenant in shiro stance will explode on the sight of conditions and if he brings mallyx he is more than vulnerable to cc after the switch. Revenants may be too strong right now but your video proofs nothing of relevance.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

wait….
you take an ele with staff. which has one of the worst auto attacks (1200 RANGED). then you stand in front of a revenant. which is using a sword. which is one of if not the best autoattack (MELEE). then theres tons of passives on the revenant which reduce your damage so make it a tanky thing (heavy armor+toughness from amulet+traits like rite of the great dwarf/lifeleech/tons of damage modifiers)
Like really?
btw a revenant in shiro stance will explode on the sight of conditions and if he brings mallyx he is more than vulnerable to cc after the switch. Revenants may be too strong right now but your video proofs nothing of relevance.

I don’t claim anything.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

wait….
Like really?

I don’t claim anything.

whats the point of the video then? :o
everyone who plays revenant and ele would have known the outcome

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

SCIENCE?

It’s not science. This is just being used to try to shame Revenants.
Much like the Ring of Fire fiasco with Elementalists, a very unrealistic scenario is created to try to show how powerful something is. Unlike that fiasco though, which was unrealistic, but could still be threatening due to RoF being covered or glitching up, here Alekt is showcasing a duel that is not only unrealistic, but pits almost every advantage possible to a single class in an area where they’re designed to excel at.

Science is an “empirical” field, that is, it develops a body of knowledge by observing things and performing experiments. The meticulous process of gathering and analyzing data is called the “scientific method,” and we sometimes use science to describe the knowledge we already have. Science is also what’s involved in the performance of something complicated: “the science of making a perfect soufflĂ©.”

Right out of the dictionary. Granted, we haven’t done nearly enough tests with these parameters to solidify any conclusions.

Anyways, as simple as the situation is (just autoing), the point that revenants are still capable of beating a power user with 0 damage stats says a lot. They’re designed to excel in melee, but to what extent? Could you take a settler thief and produce similar results?

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

So what?

Why not compare hammer auto with staff auto?

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Almost everything about revenant is ridiculously broken. We don’t need these kind of videos quite honestly.
The mindless discussion that unfolded is also meaningless.

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

This doesn’t really show us anything.

You didn’t have the same vitality. You didn’t have the same toughness. There were a ton of passive traits on both sides making everything more complicated. Then we’ve got runes and sigils and passive conditions/boons.

If you really want to make a point about one auto compared to another, you have to do it without passive traits, with exactly the same power, vitality, toughness and stuff like that. If you want to purposely give different stats to each character, you’ve got to at least tell us how that would skew the results, e.g. how much does his toughness affect your power?

(edited by Demented Yak.6105)

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You’ve missed the point entirely. The OP says it started as a joke. If I’m to assume correctly, the test then became an interesting little revelation that shows that even without any damage stats, a revenant’s auto is still more capable than an elementalist’s who sacrificed potential defensive stats for damage BECAUSE of his traits. This says that either elementalist needs a buff (lolnope) or revenant needs a nerf.

I’m willing to wager that even if you take a fully traited burn guard and gave them sword (simply because its auto is the best for generating burn stacks) and replaced the revenant, I doubt the ele would lose more than half of their HP and its widely known what power burn can pack.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

You’ve missed the point entirely. The OP says it started as a joke. If I’m to assume correctly, the test then became an interesting little revelation that shows that even without any damage stats, a revenant’s auto is still more capable than an elementalist’s who sacrificed potential defensive stats for damage BECAUSE of his traits. This says that either elementalist needs a buff (lolnope) or revenant needs a nerf.

I’m willing to wager that even if you take a fully traited burn guard and gave them sword (simply because its auto is the best for generating burn stacks) and replaced the revenant, I doubt the ele would lose more than half of their HP and its widely known what power burn can pack.

I think you’ve missed the point entirely. It may have started as a joke but it hasn’t become a revelation about anything.

There are way too many variables in addition to the actual attacks to say anything conclusively about whether or not any auto attacks should be buffed/nerfed. Unless you can explain away all the inconsistencies with toughness, vitality, power, precision, passive traits, sigils, conditions and boons and prove they had absolutely no effect on the outcome (but of course, they absolutely did), then this little experiment is 100% meaningless. It should remain a mere joke.

There are two options if you want to prove anything here. You can identify exactly what traits were used, when the sigils were activated etc. and then do some maths and calculate exactly what would have happened if none of those things happened (very difficult) or you can do another test, this time without all those horrible variables and see what happens (I recommend this method).

If you insist on including all these variables, it’s a bit pointless to even compare the auto attacks at all. Obviously a lot of the power of the revenant is weighted towards the auto-attacks as opposed to lots of other attacks and a lot of the power for a staff ele is weighted towards things like lava font and meteor shower as opposed to the auto attack. You can’t just drop any two professions in to close combat and limit them to only one attack to check whether or not they’re balanced.

I hope now that someone does actually conduct a fair test. I’m getting curious as to what would happen.

Note: I play both power revenant and staff ele as my two main characters. I hope that gives me a little credibility.