Shall i continue playing a Ranger in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I would like to hear some opinions from the other proffessions..And please also say why i should/shouldnt

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

Play what you want, everything is viable.

in PvP

Posted by: MKL.1375

MKL.1375

My team is running currently a ranger (Sword, Torch- Axe, Dagger), he was very usefull before the respawn timer update as a great roamer who was able to win nearly every 1 vs 1 and neutralize the Far Point. Now with the individual respawn timers, all Top Teams are running now teamfight focused builds. We also need to change and imo Rangers with their single target dps are not viable in Teamfights and therefore I think as long as the respawn timers are individual, rangers are not a good choice. Sorry to say that.

For reference reason before I get flammed that I have no clue: My team consists only of players within the top 25 EU Qp Rating and we daily deal with all the top teams, so I also now what the best teams are running and there I can say that I barely/don’t see any ranger.

Hope that helps in the decision making process.

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

Play what you want, everything is viable.

Kidding right?

What isn’t viable then?

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

Lets see…
I can speak for my class actually..i dont know many things for other proffessions to make you a good statement.
So a Longbow Ranger aint viable,the bunker Ranger is a joke,the support Ranger is a joke

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

Actually some ppl in here do just show that they have not even the slightest clue … Trap rangers atm are pretty viable and they do add really nice Condi dmg in teamfights. Find and run a good Trap/Condi Ranger in your setup that isn’t build Glass Cannon and see how it works out

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

I bought GW2 having in my mind a great pvp mmo…Ive watched some Ranger beta videos and i really like the animations and the philosophy that was stated from Anet behind the Ranger (spirits,pet,etc etc)
I have tried both Trap and QZ power Ranger (before the QZ nerf) a long time ago.Yes they were effective but it didnt fit my playstyle.
So actually the question is :
Would you prefer a Necro or a Trap Ranger for some condition dmg in the team?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Good rangers are good, bad rangers are bad…and this can be applied to all classes, it’s only a matter of spec and playstyle, you can make almost everything work if you know how to play it…all depends on how do you want to play: if you prefer playing tanky, if you want some hexes and conditions, mobility, melee damage, ranged damage, with more aoe or more single target focus and so on…..at first try to figure out how you want to play and find out the best class/spec that suits your playstyle…and then improve it, mod traits, change runes…until it fits you.

I have to say in advance: There is not something with only good points without weaknesses…it’s up to you to chose a class for his good points (That you like) and his lacks (Than you can manage)…if you can improve strong points and manage weaknesses you will rock…no matter what you play..

This is my advice.

(edited by Archaon.6245)