Should Character Swapping Be Allowed in tPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: flashfire.3504

flashfire.3504

Personally, I think character swapping between matches (and even mid-game) should not be allowed. I think that, like GW1, the build you select when you go into a tPvP chain of matches should be the build you stick with until the end.

Why?

Because it forces players to make trade-offs. Each map is different, and different builds vary in strength and effectiveness on each map. By forcing players to choose a set build for all 3 maps, it makes people have to think deeper about their strategy, their composition and their individual capabilities.

It also creates greater build variety, rather than the typical roles you would see in, say, Khylo, where you usually have the same type of Guardian bunker mid. It would also prevent “cheese” builds, like a heavy multi-bunker build, which may not be as viable on the first 2 maps.

Overall, I think it will create greater depth, variety and strategy to make it so you cannot switch.

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

Personally I like the swapping but ONLY right before the match starts. Swapping right while the match already goes it’s way shouldn’t be allowed … but almost no one does switch his professions in an already running match :P

Swapping right before the match starts is okay since you can pick counters for the team you face … imagine you wouldn’t have a Necro or a condition stacking engineer if you face one of the annoying fotm bunker teams :O would just be a nightmare you don’t even want to think about :P

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Personally, I think character swapping between matches (and even mid-game) should not be allowed. I think that, like GW1, the build you select when you go into a tPvP chain of matches should be the build you stick with until the end.

Why?

Because it forces players to make trade-offs. Each map is different, and different builds vary in strength and effectiveness on each map. By forcing players to choose a set build for all 3 maps, it makes people have to think deeper about their strategy, their composition and their individual capabilities.

It also creates greater build variety, rather than the typical roles you would see in, say, Khylo, where you usually have the same type of Guardian bunker mid. It would also prevent “cheese” builds, like a heavy multi-bunker build, which may not be as viable on the first 2 maps.

Overall, I think it will create greater depth, variety and strategy to make it so you cannot switch.

Whats wrong with that, people should be challenged to come up with different strats instead of using the same 1. On another note I personally dont think there is anything wrong with switching classes durring a tourney. Few days ago I faced a 4 guardian/1thief team on the second map and had I stayed on my warrior instead of switching to my mesmer I would have been completely useless getting knocked around and having the thief steal my bladestorm ability. Class switching is just another element in this game that both teams have access to doing, it makes the game more dynamic.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I don’t really want the other team to be able to swap in a bleed thief to solo lord at a moments notice if they aren’t running one already.

in PvP

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

People should not be able to swap chars or gear in a match. Nor should they be able to leave and switch gear/char outside.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Short answer: hell no.

in PvP

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

If the point of the game is to bring the player, not the class, then I think that question sort of answers itself.

Potaters!

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Absolutely not. 3 members of the opposing team I fought yesterday changed their professions when they saw ours. Needless to say they brought professions that completely countered ours making for a very poor final fight. I’m of the opinion if you log your character out, you should be logged out the tournament (if you log in a different character).

It’s just rediculous.