Should Skyhammer Be A Tourny Map?

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

What are your guys thoughts on Skyhammer being included in the tournament rotation or being a part of sponsored tournaments? I personally think it would be a great addition, but what do you guys think?

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

It will be awful and will be removed from rotation like Spirit Watch was.

Just wait for the kittenload of whines about people getting knocked down over and over by fears/long kbs/mesmer pulls/whatever. It will be like Tor Anroc over and over again, but without lava (who played Warhammer Online knows what I means).

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

It is needed for a few days, like until friday. This way we don’t have to go to hotjoin and experience it in a tournament-context. Anet will get enough feedback by then and I can’t imagine it’s that bad to play something new for two days.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

Uhm, has the patch even hit yet? How can you determine if it should be in the rotation or not if you haven’t even played on the map? From the videos it looks like it will be an interesting new map that might fit the rotation, however, i thought the same for spirit watch. I hate spirit watch.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Map is not even out…. talk about being premature

in PvP

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

well when the holes on the floor open it makes mesmers god they just push you right through the hole. It wouldn’t be bad if it didn’t insta down you.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenyoga.6910

Zenyoga.6910

Not even close, lets have it in a open format where we can try it out. I want the map rotations to be maps people know with some mod. level skill.

My opinion the map is horrible. The mesmer thing mentioned above, missing a jump pad up does 2k damage is from falling, knockbacks, fears, launchers are way to punishing on this map at points (engis have fun here), another lame cannon mechanic (who likes this type of stuff in a 5v5 anyways?, I’d rather fight players).

All and all serious disapointment in Anet and thei decisions making process, the game has had so many bugs and issues with classes and they make new maps? How about flushing out the classes, seriously….

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It is fun but why can’t you dodge the gun?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

Hate this bs map, one match was enough.

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I think you can dodge it, but the timing seems weird, will have to try again

Btw, if I wanted to play Command and Conquer, I wouldn’t log in GW2…. -.-

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Interesting map. The area inside the cannon is kittened though, can’t move for jack.
Also my professions lack of stability really showed itself here :o.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think you can dodge it, but the timing seems weird, will have to try again

Btw, if I wanted to play Command and Conquer, I wouldn’t log in GW2…. -.-

You cant block it I dont think. Tried with shield block on warrior

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

No for the love of god no. This was definitely a map made with hot join in mind please remove it from the rotation its an annoying map the points are hard as kitten to bunker with all the knock back and the horrible idea that you can cause holes in the floor that cause you to fall to your death. This map extremely favors roamers to bunkers in every aspect. Also the fact that the cannon can cover an entire point and you cannot block or dodge it is ridiculous. Differently not a tourny map.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

Yay instakill mechanics, people love those!

Forever unranked.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Its buggy.
Mesmer clones/thief npcs floating on the holes because of that whole NPC’s can’t take falling damage coding.

Cannon hits redonkulusly hard for being undodgeable.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: jadjay.8701

jadjay.8701

No absolutely not

in PvP

Posted by: Drstranglelove.4391

Drstranglelove.4391

HELLLLLLLLL NNAWWWWWWW

in PvP

Posted by: sirnibb.4709

sirnibb.4709

I would say no. This is the biggest troll map, and it’s going to encourage troll builds, and pigeonhole people into run mass fears and kds, pulls. If you think necros are bad now wait till you have three or four of them fear locking you off a cliff.

Rank 80 guild wars 2 player.

in PvP

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

LMAO needle trap and tripwire on thieves is finally useful

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Awful map, basically an engy trollground. CC warrior would be next contender, but he is totally shutdown by blinds trying to land anything and suffers from lack of mobility for such a big map. So physical builds are out.

Skills which teleport or skills which hit an enemy midanimation when near jumppad totally fail and start doing some magical things.

Being able to stealth cap/fire cannon is broken.

Totally hate the breakable floors and the trolly nature of this map that only give hard CC (knockback/launch) professions the edge and hate instakill so much.
Also the unblockable/dodgeable cannon which forces you off the point is ridiculous.

I like the map lookwise and I can understand the idea, but atm it’s just too buggy, doesn’t feel thought out and extremely frustrating. Would fit in a FPS/TPS. Give me a shock rifle and I’m all up for this map.

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

What a disappointment.
It is a fun map for sure, but definitely not a tournament map.

in PvP

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

Yes. This should be in the tourney rotation.

~Said no one ever.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

#believeinSkyhammer!

In all seriousness though, this map is insanely fun to watch.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

yes should be :P
but laser is a bit to strong atm :/

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Maybe if they do some tuning it’ll be there. The map is fairly fun it puts emphasis on certain abilities that couldn’t capitalize on such a niche before.
But that Cannon is broken in more ways than one.
Floor panels are bugged out pathing problems.
The space around capture points, is really small.
Jump pads act weird.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

#believeinSkyhammer!

In all seriousness though, this map is insanely fun to watch.

in PvP

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

It will be like Tor Anroc over and over again, but without lava (who played Warhammer Online knows what I means).

Made my day xD

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Ah good ol Tor Anroc.
Playing a Dwarf IronBreaker and flinging people into lava was too much fun

As for this map, it will probably need a few balance tweaks and bug fixes.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

Dear god no, it’s a totally different game. For what it’s worth, I would LOVE to see some custom games/tournaments come up around this map. I would watch “Hammers on Skyhammer” or an all engi 8v8 or something, though.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Not really a creative map – is it just me, or did anet copied alot of quake 3 map only reskined it and instead of a rail gun on the outer platform you get a different rail gun?

I cant imagine this map played in comp tournies – a lot of cheap deaths, a lot of glitches on jumpads, sometimes dodgable sometimes not rail gun, etc. Not as crappy as capricon, but a second spot for sure…

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I like it. Easier to control that cannon than a Treb. So a bit fun for me(fitting for my engineer) cause I’m bad at Kyhlo.

Can understand that a lot don’t like it cause some classes have more knockback stuff(like engineere).

Still I’d like this and Spirit Watch at tournament(but not Capricorn! ).

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

No, it should definitely not be a tourny map.
At least not in this state.
The reason I think so is not that engineers or necro will rule or something like that. Sure, both will be extremely strong because of heavy cc and many high-grounds but I think the problem is somewhere else.

Instead I think that the second objective, the cannon is simply too powerful.
It does approximately the damage of the kylo-treb, has, depending on the target areas, a 6-9 second firing time, has a kitten huge area of effect and . is. NOT. DODGEABLE!
That´s just a bit too much for the good.
I don´t want to be the bunker that has to defend points against classes firing from the high grounds AND the cannon.
I think this map definitely works against bunkers and promotes cc-heavy roamers.

So I already see the cannon becoming the main objective of the map in tournies. Maybe something like 1player goes for mid + close each and 3 battle for the cannon O_O It´s just toooo good to leave it for a second objective >.<

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Can we like…make it so everyone is invulnerable and the only weapon is a hammer with banish?

Because I just watched Blu punting people over walls in my Class today and I swear to god the guy thought I was insane. I was laughing so hard.

Minimal particle effects, you can see when people die, and it’s funny as hell to watch. Do it. Someone please.

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

Not a tourny map. It’s horrible and full of gimmicks. It’s so frustrating to play on and doesn’t feel rewarding either.

Too much gimmicks. Too much style over substance. Give me forest map and some streams. Not mega lazer death cannons. The sheer rage coming out from my PVP friends on Skype today… I honestly think this map could make them quit the game. ¬_¬

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

This map is insanely fun to play.
This wouldn’t be as fun for a Thief, but…

in PvP

Posted by: Alokio.2307

Alokio.2307

I feel exactly like Sephius, take that map away of tourney as fast as possible and put it with capricorn (capricorn is a better map for me)

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

If they remove it from tournament = remove it completely. Hotjoin zerging is boring. All maps not in tournament should be removed completely or they should make seperate queues – tournament queue map pool A, tournament queue map pool B.

in PvP

Posted by: murtas.2417

murtas.2417

Tbh, I can’t comprehend what ANET is thinking.

We are almost 1 year into the game and instead of developing competitive maps to add to the short and repetitive (because its short) map pool. (for tournaments)
They keep wasting develop time on this troll maps that have very little sense in a balance perspective and that will hardly haaaardly (unless someone is insane) be added to tournament map pool.

Don’t waste your dear spvp resources, 1-year long making useless maps, either make decent ones or bring the tools for the mod community to develop them, I bet they would make a better job to bring better and fresh maps to the scene with no cost to ANET.

I’m hugely dissapointed by the continued failure to improve the map pool.

PS: They could had aswell released this map as a pve mini-game feature where you get 3 locked skills being fear\knockback\launch. It would be the same thing but balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

Tbh, I can’t comprehend what ANET is thinking.

We are almost 1 year into the game and instead of developing competitive maps to add to the short and repetitive (because its short) map pool. (for tournaments)
They keep wasting develop time on this troll maps that have very little sense in a balance perspective and that will hardly haaaardly (unless someone is insane) be added to tournament map pool.

The sad thing is, I’m pretty sure they thought the map would be amazing for tournament play…

in PvP

DXIEdge.2789

I dunno. Just because its not a meta/mechanic we’re used to doesn’t mean it can’t be balanced.

Spirit watch and this map are both completely different then what we’re used to. Can spirit watch be balanced? Sure. Can this map be balanced? Sure.

Do you people not test anything in your jobs/everyday loves? You have to do a bit of trial by fire people your not going to make something perfect instantaneously.

Come on people. You ask for diversity and then you scream when something different appears and your like “give me forest! Give me Foefire!”

Give me a break

@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

what ever. the new map is great. adapt and learn to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Come on people. You ask for diversity and then you scream when something different appears and your like “give me forest! Give me Foefire!”

Give me a break

This.

I think it’s awesome that people are already discussing different builds specifically for this map. I think it’d be great to see this thrown in the middle of a 3 map tournament rotation so players would be forced to develop strategies around it and change their lineups to adapt.

in PvP

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

This

in PvP

Posted by: favo.3619

favo.3619

This is the worst map i have ever see complitely nonsense …. delete this map forever or put this map only in hotjoin… DELETE SKYHAMMER IN TOURNAMENT

in PvP

Posted by: GuilguiS.2738

GuilguiS.2738

I just don’t understand you people. You are supposed to play every single map in a different way. You can’t expect your build to work well on every map. Adapt, try to get some stability, put some other knockbacks or launches in your build. You complained so much about the burst meta, then you complained a lot about the condi meta, and when maps that make mobility, CC, and good rotations important you simply complain and want them removed.

I really like this map. It makes CC usefull when it simply wasn’t in other maps. The only thing this map needs is something to tell you the cannon is firing and the possibility to dodge the shot.

P.S For those who say positioning is meaningless in this game, try to knock people off the cliffs when their backs are facing the wall, try to stay near the cliff borders and expect not to die.

in PvP

Posted by: murtas.2417

murtas.2417

Give me a break

This.

I think it’s awesome that people are already discussing different builds specifically for this map.

Offcourse, they just gave the ability for CC to insta kill people. Yeah, great mechanic, insta gib CC’s.
Whoever is playing that map without abusing this new CC ability to instakill and win matches, is doing it wrong and thats why the map is not nearly any decent or balanced.
(It will be worse in the coming days, when everyone has modified their builds for this)

Not even talking about the Cannon, oh a treb that you cant evade, so original we dont have a map with that feature yet.

Really? Really? Reeeaaaaally?

(edited by murtas.2417)

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Undodgeable, unblockable 10k nuke… i don’t even see the point in playing this map

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Undodgeable, unblockable 10k nuke… i don’t even see the point in playing this map

Don´t forget the insane range

in PvP

DXIEdge.2789

I haven’t played it yet can someone quickly explain this.

The beam is telegraphed right? You see the laser and like 5 seconds later it explodes?

How far can you get away before it explodes? Are there other telegraphs?

Cuz if not and its unavoidable that’s kittened and probably a bug O.o

@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Yes you can see the beam and walk out of the aoe. It’s not that hard to walk out of a circle u know.