Should it be duo/solo que?

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I’m really happy with the new solo que despite people having some rough games, its been somewhat balanced from my experience.

The only thing that really erks me is my friend wants to play too…now we know we’ll just get slaughtered by large premades in teamque so that’s not an option.

In league of legends it has duo/solo que because truthfully two people who know each other isn’t enough to really offset the balance of the match like 4 or 5 people will (being the majority of the team = capable of having predetermined strategy).

So, other than the fact the system is new and restrictions on the technical side of things from arenanet……is there any reason we shouldn’t/couldn’t have duo/solo que in the near future?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Two good people is enough to throw things off unfortunately Have you been doing solo q? My experiences is that at least a quarter of the matches that are true random versus randoms are clown affairs where two coordinated people would certainly lead to victory. Don’t get me wrong I am very supportive of 2 and 3 man group play (its what I did when I wasnt solo I have 2 good friends that I play with sometimes) and its basically dead now sadly. Not sure what they can do. Basically you are forced into full team or solo play now unless you want to lose all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

two good people can throw things off. But that’s to say the duo is somehow better than everyone else for some weird reason.

As for coordination between two players, it definitely can give a slight power advantage and the mmr system they use could adjust that (they would be considered slightly higher mmr when grouped together).

Also it would probably be incredibly popular so I don’t think most matches wouldn’t feature atleast one duo on either side. At least that’s how it has been for other games with solo/duo que.