Should sPVP be profitable?

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Title says most of it.

Guild Wars 1 gave PVPers balth faction, which could be used to buy zkeys (these keys sold at roughly the same price as ecto’s — the stackable currency used in gw1). Because of this, pvp could actually make you a fair amount of money in GW1 — Everyone lived in a land of prosperity, double rainbows and cheap taxes.

Nowadays, I’m farming tons of glory (I have a character named the glory tractor for this purpose) and am running out of things to spend it all on. Finisher’s and titles are cool enough to keep ME playing spvp, but I can pretty well guarentee you that the playerbase will jump WAY up if spvp provided a means to make some gold.

What would be cool to see?
Gold in tourney win chests?
PvE items that can be purchased with glory? (i’d like to see account bound black lion keys sold for glory)

Thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Yes. Anet are working on a completely revised rewards structure which may contain mechanisms for converting glory directly into gold and/or gems.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah it would be nice….sometimes i wish i could buy stuff i am kind of forced to go pve when i would rather pvp

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

no it should not be profitable, because then spvpers would have gold to buy things.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

anet should delete glory earned in customs and unranked matches
put glory earned in ranked to 15-60 glory depending on mmr
put new skins prices at 12000 glory/tons of gems each.
rework chests from victories.

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Currently, what I like about sPvP rewards (the title and finisher) is that you can’t just purchase them with gems. For the most part (skyhammer farms, etc. excluded) you need to work for your rank … and your skill.

Most of the time Ransackers kill Gladiators

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

If they give rewards through sPvP, which sounds cool, it should have nothing to do with glory (or glory system should be completely reworked).