Should've had Division Loss from The Start

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Season 1 MM system was the best, imo. The principle of making fair matches (50/50) for players was correct. However,tanking MMR, premades and smurfing became a thing. Why is that? Your tier and division was GUARANTEED. To this, I say bring in division/tier loss and keep the season 1 MM system. There’s too many situations and games where players are in divisions that they’re not supposed to be in, playing and playing and playing to grind out wins. With division loss, good players will fall, great players will rise. Players will be where they need to be. Good players can help newbies advance, giving them the “rub”. I don’t propose this idea because to be harsh, I propose it to make it fair and fun for ALL players involved. In any competitive ladder, you lose positions. Why not here?

Also, SEPARATE THE QUEUES. No 2-man, no 4-man, separate the leagues into SOLO and TEAMS. Premades were and always will be an obvious problem to try and trick the MM system. Merging queues were the worst thing that was done to gw2 pvp.

I don’t know how many seasons left Anet has in mind for pvp, but people are dwindling. The experiments haven’t really paid off. I will say season 3 is slightly better than season 2, though.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Season 1 MM system was the best, imo. The principle of making fair matches (50/50) for players was correct. However,tanking MMR, premades and smurfing became a thing. Why is that? Your tier and division was GUARANTEED. To this, I say bring in division/tier loss and keep the season 1 MM system. There’s too many situations and games where players are in divisions that they’re not supposed to be in, playing and playing and playing to grind out wins. With division loss, good players will fall, great players will rise. Players will be where they need to be. Good players can help newbies advance, giving them the “rub”. I don’t propose this idea because to be harsh, I propose it to make it fair and fun for ALL players involved. In any competitive ladder, you lose positions. Why not here?

Also, SEPARATE THE QUEUES. No 2-man, no 4-man, separate the leagues into SOLO and TEAMS. Premades were and always will be an obvious problem to try and trick the MM system. Merging queues were the worst thing that was done to gw2 pvp.

I don’t know how many seasons left Anet has in mind for pvp, but people are dwindling. The experiments haven’t really paid off. I will say season 3 is slightly better than season 2, though.

You can grind till ruby atm, and people are still complaining. Can you imagine how much people will rage at the matchmaking more with your idea?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

You know what. At this point, I want people to reach high tiers easier so I can get a match without waiting hours. The prestige at this point is garbage anyway.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

You can grind till ruby atm, and people are still complaining. Can you imagine how much people will rage at the matchmaking more with your idea?

THATS the problem! Did you not read? Grinding out divisions means that people can climb divisions that they’re not ready for, THEREBY people raging at matchmaking. The 50/50 matchmaking is simply the best one out of the bunch, both in principle and in practice.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

THATS the problem! Did you not read? Grinding out divisions means that people can climb divisions that they’re not ready for, THEREBY people raging at matchmaking. The 50/50 matchmaking is simply the best one out of the bunch, both in principle and in practice.

Which is my point, people in the forums think they are skilled than they actually are, so if they can’t get out of emerald or ruby?

You guessed it. QQQQQQQQQ

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Which is my point, people in the forums think they are skilled than they actually are, so if they can’t get out of emerald or ruby?

You guessed it. QQQQQQQQQ

At least we agree. Still, people will rage REGARDLESS of what you put in. I say simply, put in what is most fair. It’s either doing that or just scrap these leagues altogether. That stupid backpack didn’t help things either.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You know what. At this point, I want people to reach high tiers easier so I can get a match without waiting hours. The prestige at this point is garbage anyway.

Mmmm. Even at my paltry diamond rank my queues go up to 12 minutes which are longer than most games go for ;_;

I don’t even get balanced/close matches, most of my games depends on who rolled the scrubbier team and/or bad comp.

Can’t imagine how bad it is in legend for u lol

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Mmmm. Even at my paltry diamond rank my queues go up to 12 minutes which are longer than most games go for ;_;

I don’t even get balanced/close matches, most of my games depends on who rolled the scrubbier team and/or bad comp.

Can’t imagine how bad it is in legend for u lol

In Sapphire this morning I had over a six minute queue. In Sapphire that’s simply nuts.

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

has someone with over 300 matches this season stuck in sapp. i have to agree with this i would much rather go down in divisions and work my way back. up at lest i would have more winning matchs working my way back up. now i am getting massive losing streaks. i feel like a kitten stepping stone at this point

master jedi david