Show the MMR of every one.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Enough arena net. Grow up. Let your community GROW UP. Show the mmr like every single other game in existence. Aren’t u tired of telling ur user base they are ignorant and incapable of handling that kind of information?

I mean, do you guys even have a legitimate reason for not showing it? I mean something other than the BOGUS excuses we’ve already been giving. You know that telling half truths is still LYING right? I’m a paying customer. I want to see IMPORTANT stats, not how much healing i did that round. I’m not 7 years old and I would like to BE ABLE TO GAUGE WHERE I STAND WITH A VALUABLE STAT. Not ur grindfest kittening division flop.

Doesn’t seem like a whole lot to ask for, i mean kitten make it a gem store item, ill pay 1000g to see my mmr at this point. u do nothing but remove features and “rework” current bad systems.

Playing ur game literally makes me want to kill myself irl.

in PvP

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I agree, MMR should be visible. Once upon a time, it even was.

We can only speculate as to why ANET removed visible MMR. Part of the reason may be that some fraction of the user-base are petulant children. Part of it may be the criticism they got regarding people who played 10 games and shot into the top 50 of the SoloQ ladder. Again, literally, who knows.

If you’re feeling like you want to kill yourself in real life, please find the appropriate number and call it NOW: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I agree with the overall message: Show MMR. The drama/rage factor is a little high though.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Blizzard recently added the ability to see everyones stats through the Overwatch forums let alone the game. It’s funny cause playing this game for 4 years it’s something Anet would never do. I didn’t know game companies could think of their community as more than infants.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

I remembered when leaderboard “skill based” bas around and only top 500 get llamas instead of everyone caw get llamas with 1 hr of grindings. I think I was top100 or something b4 they took it away. The leaderboard back then was kinda Grind too but at least you know most of the people on there. Now you have random PvE heroes who got legend cuz they spam enough games to get carry

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

The obvious reason is that a visible MMR would create elitism where everything below a certain rank would be excluded and this would go against anything they want to accomplish.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You act as though there isn’t elitism/toxicity in Gw2 PvP, and this would not change it but it would give transparency to what we had before and it wasn’t a problem when we had it. And seeing how Gw2 wants to be “e-Sports” and have their PvP be prestigious and competitive why not show the MMR of each player?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I remembered when leaderboard “skill based” bas around and only top 500 get llamas instead of everyone caw get llamas with 1 hr of grindings. I think I was top100 or something b4 they took it away. The leaderboard back then was kinda Grind too but at least you know most of the people on there. Now you have random PvE heroes who got legend cuz they spam enough games to get carry

If you are talking about the Leader Board rewards time when Lux Fortuna was the #1 ranked player. It was definitely not skill based.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

The obvious reason is that a visible MMR would create elitism where everything below a certain rank would be excluded and this would go against anything they want to accomplish.

Excluded from what?

The whole point of competitive gameplay is to put elitists with elitists and beginners with beginners. If they want to accomplish something, they have to first pass the level they are at. There’s a reason you don’t see fat people competing as Olympic gymnasts. Those competitors climbed their ranks properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Enough arena net. Grow up. Let your community GROW UP. Show the mmr like every single other game in existence. Aren’t u tired of telling ur user base they are ignorant and incapable of handling that kind of information?

Ehm yes ….
You think we didnt have the countless threads in the forums about :
‘’OMG OMG LOOK HOW MANY 80 LVL RANK PPL THERES IN THE OPOSITE TEAM’’
or
‘’ OMG OMG LOOK HOW MANY HIGHER PiP PLAYERS IS IN THE OPOSITE TEAM’’
?
I am betting 5gold , that i will see the same if i open the Ovewatch forums :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: FiveGauge.1357

FiveGauge.1357

It’s not enough to show the MMR of everyone, MMR needs to be the basis on what you’re trying to build during the seasons of ranked PvP.

Heck, it can be really simple and PIPs could be converted into a direct representation of MMR, and just a few additional tweaks:

• Tweak MMR (PIP) gains and losses to be capped at an modest amount per victory/loss as to not fluctuate wildly as MMR gains currently do.
  • Player MMR would have to be reset every season as pips currently are, and they’d go to the certain values at the start of the season to continue the current seeding process.

With this, a player’s division is directly correlated with their skill, this means players that are matched based on PIP range are actually alike in skill.

I doubt it will happen. But one can dream

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I agree that MMR needs to be visible to everyone. I really am curious about where I am in relation to other players I usually get in teams with players who I know are very good and I can beat a lot of these people 1v1 too so I would want to see exactly how good I am compared to others I see in legendary. MMR being visible would encourage a lot a players to improve as well.

Last night in HotM, I was having a conversation with some other players about MMR being visible (it’s amazing what you can talk about when in a 1hour long queue, lol) and we all agreed that it should be made visible and have unique rewards for top 1, 25, 50, 100, 250 like with the guild challenger league when a season finishes because it would add prestige to being the very best. I would love to see a title and a unique skin for only the number 1 on the leaderboard, and different but less prestigious rewards for the lower down ranks. Maybe it would also encourage players to find a group of others to play with and form a team to get the rewards and possibly even help the esports scene grow!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ehm yes ….
You think we didnt have the countless threads in the forums about :
‘’OMG OMG LOOK HOW MANY 80 LVL RANK PPL THERES IN THE OPOSITE TEAM’’
or
‘’ OMG OMG LOOK HOW MANY HIGHER PiP PLAYERS IS IN THE OPOSITE TEAM’’
?
I am betting 5gold , that i will see the same if i open the Ovewatch forums :P

All I see for thread titles is “Same Six Hero Teams” and “To many people telling me to kill myself in game.” So certainly similar themes but nothing about visible MMR XD

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It’s not enough to show the MMR of everyone, MMR needs to be the basis on what you’re trying to build during the seasons of ranked PvP.

Heck, it can be really simple and PIPs could be converted into a direct representation of MMR, and just a few additional tweaks:

• Tweak MMR (PIP) gains and losses to be capped at an modest amount per victory/loss as to not fluctuate wildly as MMR gains currently do.
  • Player MMR would have to be reset every season as pips currently are, and they’d go to the certain values at the start of the season to continue the current seeding process.

With this, a player’s division is directly correlated with their skill, this means players that are matched based on PIP range are actually alike in skill.

I doubt it will happen. But one can dream

I’ve maintained for a while that matchmaking in ranked should be based purely on division. If you’re better than average for your division, you SHOULD have a winrate around 50% that allows you to climb until you reach a standing where you are average.

Seasons 2 and 3 had MMR hell. Seasons 1 and 4 have you basically fighting against your MMR to score wins (winning isn’t about being good per se, it’s about being better than the game accounted for you being). League standing is supposed to be reflective of skill, so just match people who have the same league standing and let their actual ability determine where they get to, not what ability the matchmaker thinks they have.

For unranked… yeah, use MMR and try to arrange games with a 50/50 winrate. For ranked… if someone is a good player, don’t handicap them by shackling them with bad players in an attempt to make a “fair” match. Ranked isn’t about fair matches. Ranked is about doing the best you can until you’re in a division with people of skill similar to your own.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

So, actually, high skill players don’t try you up… even if you are in the same MMR range because they don’t want to rekt their own MMR. Since they don’t know your MMR, they would not risk it.

In this case, the top players are more “closed” on themselves.

Having tools to look at new high skills players, would help giving some fuel to new future pro league team mate.

Some guild in the past, did remove member below a certain rank. Let’s say 500 and up, go deleted. That was top tier guild. (even some goes to 200 rank)

But most casual spvp guild did ask 80% and up.

It’s normal to fix baseline for the quality of the players of your guild. Nobody want their guild MATE MMR rekt to 20% because they lose versus those kinds because they got that kind in their group. We had been trolled by second pro account, simply to rekt ranking of good players from another guild.

Without tools and STATS, everything become “subjective”. Drama is much more worse, because all is decide by everybody own opinions.

This subjective aspect is making more bads than goods into letting new high skill players get known by the old BETA veteran high skill crowd.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Im ok with showing MMR but it wouldnt be necessary if league placement was actually equivalent to skill. If they knew what they were doing with matchmaking legendary players would be vritually all high MMR players for example.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Won’t happen b/c then we’ll see just how bad their system is.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

this i believe is the reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

But we already know hence the many players completely abandoning sPvP for other dedicated sPvP games. There is no sense to hide what is already know it just makes you look like a even bigger kitten bag that nobody even went to give any bit of their time to.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

If you are talking about the Leader Board rewards time when Lux Fortuna was the #1 ranked player. It was definitely not skill based.

There was a MMR based version of the Leaderboard which later get replaced with a grind based version.

The grind based was bad and it’s good that it’s gone.
The MMR based was good and should get reintroduced.

in PvP

Posted by: Genesis.7356

Genesis.7356

Someone please gimme feedback on this. I really wish we had a win/loss reset in game. Maybe anet could sell us one through the gem store. Let evreryone reset their win/loss ratio, and then put it on display.

I am sure there are a few people like me who played PvP very casually but eventually started taking it seriously. Would love to see my stats now that I know what I am doing.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Someone please gimme feedback on this. I really wish we had a win/loss reset in game. Maybe anet could sell us one through the gem store. Let evreryone reset their win/loss ratio, and then put it on display.

I am sure there are a few people like me who played PvP very casually but eventually started taking it seriously. Would love to see my stats now that I know what I am doing.

Win ratio doesn’t represent anything. It won’t vary far from 50% unless you’re the worst of the worst, the best of the best, or exploiting the algorithm.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Mike Tyson in his early career was asked;
“Do you think your win streak is because you’ve been placed with lesser opponents?”
“Then i’ve done what any champion would do and defeated them quickly.”

Sonny Chael was given a short notice chance at a title fight and accepted it immediately and was defeated badly.

Jon jones took a short notice title fight and won.

Jon Jones back out of a last minute title because of change of opponent and the pay per view was cancelled.

If you’re gonna compete, then accept all challengers. If you’re going to compete, then you accept all opportunities.

MMR shouldn’t matter at all.

If you wanna compete…then compete. End of story.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

Mike Tyson in his early career was asked;
“Do you think your win streak is because you’ve been placed with lesser opponents?”
“Then i’ve done what any champion would do and defeated them quickly.”

Sonny Chael was given a short notice chance at a title fight and accepted it immediately and was defeated badly.

Jon jones took a short notice title fight and won.

Jon Jones back out of a last minute title because of change of opponent and the pay per view was cancelled.

If you’re gonna compete, then accept all challengers. If you’re going to compete, then you accept all opportunities.

MMR shouldn’t matter at all.

If you wanna compete…then compete. End of story.

Honestly has nothing to do with GW2. This isn’t 1v1, this is 5v5. Having to fight the match maker AND 5 enemy players, is very much different than 1v1 sport. Sorry to inform.

Sorry I will not forget that the game disadvantages me nearly every single round, because I have a very high win ratio, and just beat my head against the brick wall, in the name of “competition.” And you referring to it like that just cements that you really have no idea what your talking about, there is NO COMPETITION in ranked queue, open your eyes.

in PvP

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

I want to know the mmr whenever I get queued with 4 guys from one division beneath mine against 5 guys of my division (spoiler: I get wiped over and over again and rage quit). Anet still sucks at match making.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

There was a MMR based version of the Leaderboard which later get replaced with a grind based version.

The grind based was bad and it’s good that it’s gone.
The MMR based was good and should get reintroduced.

There is no “good” individual MMR period. A good MMR would measure your skill based on your contribution. Not assume that you being on a wining team equal you being good.

Ppl definition of “good” too often is: Whatever makes me look good, no matter what it is.