Sigil of Superior Fire/air working as intended?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I have two Sigil of Superior Fire in my primary weapon set and I have Sigil of Superior Battle + Sigil of Superior Earth in my secondary weapon set.

When Sigil of Fire procs and I change to secondary weapon set, neither sigils in that set work. I don’t gain mightx3 for 20 seconds when I switch right after Sigil of Superior Fire procs in my primary weapon set. Is it because both or all sigs share Sigil of Fire’s 5second cooldown? Is this working as intended?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Zeta Reticuli.9203

Zeta Reticuli.9203

Personally I’d like to see an indepth investigation on how Sigils work. Which can work together, which can’t. Which have ICDs that aren’t displayed. Stacking (multiplicative or additive) effects having the same on both weapon sets etc…

The whole figuring it out for yourself shpeal is cool for a few things, but when major features aren’t very transparent, it makes the entire thing sort of trivial and creates an unlevel playing field.

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

The same sigil on main hand and offhand is a waster for things with an ICD. ie, sigil of fire procs and goes on cooldown. Then, the other sigil can proc during the first ones ICD. They wont hit at the same time or even close together. I would use a sigil of air and sigil of fire instead of 2x sigil of fire.

in PvP

Posted by: Outlaw.4078

Outlaw.4078

Personally, I don’t believe sigil of fire and sigil of air work together either. They never seem to proc at the same time or even near the same time. I’m guessing they both share the same 5 sec cd. I could be wrong but from all my time playing (before I just switched them out) it certainly feels that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Parakeet.6083

Parakeet.6083

@saiyan Those sigils do not stack, if your sigil of air or of fire procs all 3 of your % based sigils go on cooldown.

For the battle one it should be working but sometimes they get bugged (especially if your using sigils that effect each other). I have found that destroying all your weapons and reapplying the sigils will fix those bugs but perhaps you can find a less severe solution.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Sigil of Fire and Sigil of Air share the same ICD and only one of each can proc at a time. So I chose Sigil of Fire for its aoe. The reason why I have two Sigil of Fires is because If one 30% chance to proc on crit fails on one weapon, then the next sigil will have a 30% chance to proc after that. I know the % doesn’t stack and they can’t proc at the same time, but I want that Increased chance of one procing every 5 seconds. At least that’s what I’m lead to believe after testing.

@ Parakeet
I’ll reapplied it with several sigils then reapplied Sigil of Battle but I still don’t get that 3xmight buff when I switch after Sigil of Fire procs. I can’t destroy the weapon because that’s the only weapon skin type that I have.

All of the Sigils on item switch doesn’t work when Sigil of superior Fire Procs. It’s frustrating to know that the Sigil I want to use will only work half the time.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Parakeet.6083

Sigil of Fire and Sigil of Air share the same ICD and only one of each can proc at a time. So I chose Sigil of Fire for its aoe. The reason why I have two Sigil of Fires is because If one 30% chance to proc on crit fails on one weapon, then the next sigil will have a 30% chance to proc after that. I know the % doesn’t stack and they can’t proc at the same time, but I want that Increased chance of one procing every 5 seconds. At least that’s what I’m lead to believe after testing.

@ Parakeet
I’ll reapplied it with several sigils then reapplied Sigil of Battle but I still don’t get that 3xmight buff when I switch after Sigil of Fire procs. I can’t destroy the weapon because that’s the only weapon skin type that I have.

All of the Sigils on item switch doesn’t work when Sigil of superior Fire Procs. It’s frustrating to know that the Sigil I want to use will only work half the time.

I’m sorry I made a mistake in my post. Sigil of battle will not work because weapon swap sigils share a cooldown with % based sigils. If you want weapon swap to work you cannot use a % based sigil except for those that have no cooldown time (I think, you might have to experiment to confirm this part).

Also sigils that have % based proc stack multiplicatively so having 2 of them does in fact increase your chance of one of them procing on crit, however, I do not think that it is worth using 2 runes that cancel each other out just to increase the chance that their effect will happen, especially when its already at 30 percent with just 1 of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Sigils blow my mind … some of them are complete trash, and then some are cancelled out by rune set cooldowns. I know for a fact the Vampirism Rune 2set bonus (15 sec cooldown) will cancel out the in combat swap of Sigil of Leeching while at the same time cancelling out the 4 set bonus “On using heal gain leeching” effect as well.

So then I see sigils that COULD be REALLY good … like boon removal on crit … but they throw a 10 second cooldown on there. Against most classes, this won’t do a kitten thing. It’d be potent if it were 2 – 3 second internal cooldown, but it isn’t, and thus it is worthless.

Then if I’m not mistaken using two Force sigils only gives you 5% damage, I haven’t tested it but it’s what I’ve heard … which makes me want to facepalm considering you start with 2x force & 2x accuracy when you roll a thief for sPvP.

On top of all of this, so many things are misleading, have vague / undefined descriptions that you don’t know how effect / worth it something might be. What’s up with “30% chance to heal nearby allies” ?! 30% chance on coughing, sneezing, doing a little dance??

I know this is about sigils … but they’re right next to the rune vendor … and there are definitely some worthless runesets with even more worthless set bonuses like omg I create a death nova … WHEN I GO DOWN! …

Really … you get a bonus upon being defeated. That’s useful. It’s not just the balance between the classes that needs work or their boons / boon uptime / class plays itself mechanics. Sigils & Runesets also need work … quite a lot, if you ask me.

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Two proccing sigils like fire and air share ICDs, and same crit sigils like 2x Air will stack their chances multiplicatively, not additively.

2x on-swap sigils also share CDs. So, Hydromancer + Battle won’t work together.

Stacking on kill will not stack either. Using both the condition and power stacking sigils will only get a single stack of power or condition damage, even if on two different weapon sets. But if you want to stack Bloodlust on every kill, you need it on both sets.

Passive sigils don’t stack on the same weapon set, but if you want 5% damage (Force) for both, you’ll need a sigil of Force on each set.

All of this info. is on the Wiki.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I wish more was given ingame about these sigils and their internal cool downs conflicting with runes and each another. Makes me wonder if a 5% increased damage sigil or any other % sigil are worth it in conjunction of the runes I already have…. it’s all so confusing and annoying. But thanks everyone for clearing that up.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Parakeet.6083

@Jesiah its actually 30% on crit to heal allies, it just doesn’t say that.

in PvP

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

Sigils that hold a charge per kill cannot be stacked (i.e. +5 power per kill and +5 condition damage per kill), one or the other shows up. This applies even if you swap weapons. For example, if you had two different “On kill stacking stat bonuses” sigils on two different weapons, only the sigil of the weapon you make a kill with first will take effect. If you swap weapons and make a kill, the sigil from the second weapon will not take effect.

Charging and non charging sigils can be stacked.

In sPvP, sigils that hold charges gain 5 charges per kill, requiring only 5 player kills to reach a full 25 charges.

Sigils that trigger on critical hits can trigger on any critical hits; the critical does not need to be scored with the associated weapon’s skills. For example, a character with an off hand weapon imbued with a Sigil of Rage can still gain quickness with a critical hit with their first three skills.

Sigils that have a chance to trigger on critical hits stack their chance percentages multiplicatively, not additively. For example, two major Sigils of Fire, which each have a 20% chance to trigger on critical hit, will have a 36% chance to trigger, not 40%.

Sigils that trigger on critical hits will not trigger on critical hits caused by mesmer illusions. It is unknown if this is true with other summons.

A single cooldown is shared by all sigils active effects cannot occur for the duration (i.e. a Sigil of Rage will prevent the activated effect of another Sigil of Battle/Strength/Air/Geomancy for 45 seconds but will not affect the passive effect of a Sigil of Smoldering/Force for the cooldown).

The weapon in the mainhand triggers active effects before the offhand.

also there is some extensive research on reddit somewhere …

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

in PvP

Posted by: Rell.8395

Rell.8395

Here https://daguild.enjin.com/forum/m/4653968/viewthread/4040374-weapon-sigils-explained-xpost-from-blackgate-forums

Just about everything’s correct except for a few that have 2 seconds cd (such as life steal on crit). Surprisingly paralyzation sigils stack and the stun/daze (yes it works on daze and possibly knock down) time extends without being rounded.

in PvP

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Stacking on kill will not stack either. Using both the condition and power stacking sigils will only get a single stack of power or condition damage, even if on two different weapon sets. But if you want to stack Bloodlust on every kill, you need it on both sets.

To further expand on this, only the killing blow with the sigil you have equipped matters for which stack you get. Also once you get one stack of one of those sigils you will not get any stacks from the other sigils.

Also technically you don’t need Bloodlust on both sets to get it from every kill — you just need to swap to the set with Bloodlust in order to get the stack when you make the kill. I do this all the time in WvW where my sword/focus set on a mesmer has Bloodlust/Energy sigils while greatsword has lightning sigil. When I know I’m about to get some kill I swap to the sword until I get to 25 stacks but I deal about 90% of all my damage with with the greatsword (at least in zerg fights). The whole “ends on weapon swap” on the wiki is either wrong or bugged right now.