Sigils on Hit instead of Crit?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just curious, do you think it’ll be possible to ever just let sigils be on Hit versus on Crit? I mean Swap sigils and Crit sigils are pretty balanced in effect, so why not just let everyone use the sigils they want? The “on crit” portion seems to be a really lame gate, and it’s not real fun if you ask me. I’d really like more options for builds that don’t want to just stack zerker builds.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

flat 5% damage is on hit sigil

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Yeah, and crit builds can use those. What’s your point? MY point is crit builds can use every type, and on-swap are already balanced to be roughly equal to on crit, so why the meaningless gate from non crit builds? You didn’t even read what I said did you?

in PvP

Shukran.4851

you want option for
-NO berserker builds.
-no crit build
————————————————-
5%flat damage is what you asked. enjoy your opness

now, can you read again what i wrote?
or , if i wrong again your point, can you wirte better english please?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

or , if i wrong again your point, can you wirte better english please?

I specifically said let non crit builds have the same options as crit builds. Crit builds can currently use any of the sigils effectively while only non crit builds are kitten. Also, quoted for irony.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

Static bonus sigils
These bonuses apply while the weapon is wielded.

Damage bonus — increase direct damage to all foes.
Damage bonus versus specific foes — increase direct damage to a specific type of enemy.
Condition duration bonus — increase the duration of a specific condition.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Oh my lord… I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about letting “On crit” become “on hit” so I can use sigils like Sigil of Blood on my necro since I mostly stay in 1 weapon set for a majority of the fight, it’d be more useful than Leeching. I’m not referring to those kitten perma-sigils.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

my apologies so..
i though i was discussing with someone who could play decently enough the game. my fault.
leech on hit, as flame on hit or lightning on hit. oh my god , didn’t you think about how much op your suggestion could be?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

my apologies so..
i though i was discussing with someone who could play decently enough the game. my fault.
leech on hit, as flame on hit or lightning on hit. oh my god , didn’t you think about how much op your suggestion could be?

Not leeching, but Sigil of Blood, It currently 30% chance on crit to steal HP (less than Leeching) and has a cooldown like other on crit sigils, so instead it could be like a 20% chance on hit to trigger, rather than 30% on crit. That way any build could make use of it. And it wouldn’t be over powered because it still has its cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

The words you used “on hit” could really confuse for trigger on getting hit rather than you are hitting someone else.

Sigil of Blood could see some change as you suggested since it doesn’t really use other stats to make itself useful.

As for Sigil of Air and Fire, there would be no point in using them in the first place if you didn’t have high crit chance and crit dmg to make them do enough dmg.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I agree, the pigeonholing in regards to Sigil choices seems a little unjustified.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

The words you used “on hit” could really confuse for trigger on getting hit rather than you are hitting someone else.

Sigil of Blood could see some change as you suggested since it doesn’t really use other stats to make itself useful.

As for Sigil of Air and Fire, there would be no point in using them in the first place if you didn’t have high crit chance and crit dmg to make them do enough dmg.

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have the options to use them, the “On critical hit” barrier is artificial and holds no purpose. It could easily read:

Blood: "20% chance when hitting an enemy to steal health. (x CD)
(X CD because it says 2, currently has a 5 sec icd, not sure what the real intention is…)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

That would be lame , crit builds.deserve to be stronger build they have less survability.

in PvP

Siva Mira.3546

Maybe we can wait for the “rework” on Sigil and Rune that Anet was talking about. I myself, don’t like the current state of Sigils and Runes, some of them are just ridiculous OP and some are just Utter useless.

Ex. 60% Might duration, 25 stacks of Bloodlust/Corruption, and then we have some crappy stats like “5% chance to gain might for 20s when hit. (cooldown: 5s)” while in reality you are barely getting one single Might every 20s lets alone that 5 second cooldown.

All is vain.

in PvP

Siva Mira.3546

That would be lame , crit builds.deserve to be stronger build they have less survability.

I hope you do realize that his intention was not to make them weaker but instead to give player more option to use Sigil.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I’d prefer something allong the lines of..

‘on auto attack hit, reduce all your CDs by .5s’
or
‘on weapon ability, apply 5 vuln for 1.5s’

Stuff to actually make gameplay more dynamic, but whatevs.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I hope you do realize that his intention was not to make them weaker but instead to give player more option to use Sigil.

A T S E, I hope you realize on crit sigils are balanced the same as on Swap sigils, half the power, half the GCD, they’re not “better”, its just an un-needed gate that keeps non crit builds from using them, which just simple isn’t fun.

Secondly; I think you’ll find that 20% on ANY hit would net a better proc rate than 30% on a 50% crit (which should simply equate to about 15% chance on any given hit). So, there’s that…

Exactly what Siva said. If anything it’d buff them slightly. It wouldn’t make noncrit builds any more powerful than they are now considering they still have ICD and are balanced with on swap, it would just mean more people can use sigils rather than being artificially gated. And to be honest, you’re starting to annoy me a t s e, you’re negative on every thread you’re ever on, please just stop posting in mine, because you often don’t think out reasoning, you just disagree with everything without reading supporting text, thus you come off as very trolly to me.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I’d prefer something allong the lines of..

‘on auto attack hit, reduce all your CDs by .5s’
or
‘on weapon ability, apply 5 vuln for 1.5s’

Stuff to actually make gameplay more dynamic, but whatevs.

Well, that’s a whole other can of works, could sigils be more interesting? Absolutely. I’m just asking for the freedom of letting everyone use the sigils out there currently.

in PvP

garethh.3518

I’m just asking for the freedom of letting everyone use the sigils out there currently.

It won’t improve how the specs play, at all, so it doesn’t matter.
It’s just asking for buffs and more personalization while ignoring gameplay so I couldn’t care less.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I’m just asking for the freedom of letting everyone use the sigils out there currently.

It won’t improve how the specs play, at all, so it doesn’t matter.
It’s just asking for buffs and more personalization while ignoring gameplay so I couldn’t care less.

Letting not crit builds use on crit sigils as on hit instead would make it so that when you play Soldier builds you can use sigils like Blood or Fire, which is specifically necessary if your gameplay tends to prefer one weapon set over the other. For instance:

I run Dagger/Focus + Staff on my necro.
I use leeching sigils which means I should be able to steal 950 hp every 10 seconds; however, I don’t use staff often because I only swap to it when I need to aoe fear bomb or use other utilities, so mots of the time I only sit in dagger/focus or death shroud. If I could keep leeching on my staff but use sigil of Blood on my dagger, I’d get more use out of the sigil since I don’t swap so often. Right now Crit builds get that benefit, but there’s no good reason other builds shouldn’t be able to prefer one weapon over the other and get the same use out of sigils. It wouldn’t effect balance because these sigils are already balanced between on swap and on crit (as far as numbers go) so yes, it does make a huge difference. I’d much rather have Sigil of Blood on my dagger since I use dagger way more often than I swap, rather than Leeching. It might not affect you specifically, but it does effect a lot of people’s choices and the limitation isn’t fun.

in PvP

Siva Mira.3546

It is true that it won’t change the Meta. But if something can be improved, shouldn’t it be done?

All is vain.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It’s not even a big/intensive change… o.O

in PvP

garethh.3518

It is true that it won’t change the Meta. But if something can be improved, shouldn’t it be done?

Go get a job computer programming then come back and try to say that.

I don’t use staff often because I only swap to it when I need to aoe fear bomb or use other utilities, so mots of the time I only sit in dagger/focus or death shroud. If I could keep leeching on my staff but use sigil of Blood on my dagger, I’d get more use out of the sigil since I don’t swap so often.

I’ll try to write my point more clearly, the change won’t improve how the game plays out... your gameplay won’t be any more dynamic or engaging since you are asking for access to entirely passive and uncontrollable procs, and so won’t anyones… so the change doesn’t matter.

Customization is nice, but it is, by leaps and bounds, secondary to how the game plays out. Right now GW2 plays like kitten.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Oh my lord… Its their job to improve the game, that’s what they do as developers. Please, keep the trolling kitten to a minimum and get out of here… I guess they shouldn’t add living story, or balance the game at all because “what if you had to do that stuff” logic. Its their JOB, us as players have a right to give suggestions to help them improve their game. You’re helping absolutely no one.

in PvP

garethh.3518

Oh my lord… Its their job to improve the game, that’s what they do as developers. Please, keep the trolling kitten to a minimum and get out of here… I guess they shouldn’t add living story, or balance the game at all because “what if you had to do that stuff” logic. Its their JOB, us as players have a right to give suggestions to help them improve their game. You’re helping absolutely no one.

Seriously, get a job computer programming.
You will have backlogged features up the kitten and an overthought list weighing necessity verse time will be your everything.

For one.
This isn’t important. It won’t improve how the game plays at all and there are many better places to improve customization.
For two.
It takes Anet so long to do anything, that this will suck up a month~ of their time to get to a place they find acceptable.

Yes it is their job to fix things, no that doesn’t mean any and every feature people find that will make them happier is worth spending the time on.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

You should really learn to ignore that guy. He just seems like he has nothing better to do than log into a forum of a game he probably hasn’t touched in months.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

“Please stop posting on my thread” are you like 12 y\o or something ? I have the rights to disagree with this . Sigil on crit it’s perfect to me , I hope they never change it and necro is already OP enough , so no thanks .

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Condi necros are the only thing OP, they already use on crit sigils because they usually run rabid. This is my point, you don’t think about what you say and it’s annoying, and it doesn’t allow proper discussion. I’m not 12, you’re just frustrating because you don’t think about what you post.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Is anyone else reading “please buff my minion necro :**(”?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Is anyone else reading “please buff my minion necro :**(”?

Or……. Any other comp so that I can use all the sigils when playing other classes. Its not even really a buff, I’ve explained these sigils are already balanced with On Swap, so its just a pointless gate. No more trolls please.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Yea that’s exactly what I’m reading. Please buff Minionmancer, and bunker builds,
Also while you’re at it nerf an already bad stat (precision)

Ronpierce didn’t you already make this thread like 2 weeks ago?

Anyone who disagrees with you is a troll? Really now?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

No, the attitudes and responses given make them a troll. “All I’m reading is buff my MM”, yeah that’s not constructive, and a troll statement. Please keep it civil. I wouldn’t suggest it if I thought It’d hurt the game’s balance.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

I dont see how this is such a horrible idea. The balance will get ‘screwed up’ a little when new and improved Sigils are out anyway. Do crit builds have a lot more options? Yeah, i think they do. So either this suggestion or simply adding more sigils, the latter of which would probably be a little easier to balance though, but being able to choose between (almost) ALL sigils is admittedly more fun.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelger.6758

Jelger.6758

If it gets balanced to do the same dmg/effect as an on crit sigil it’ll just be a very minor buff to a very select few builds. Not a big deal really. I realize that there are a whooping 11 on crit sigils that non crit builds don’t have access to, but only 2/3 of these really see much use. – But let’s be honest, the sigils and runes should just be properly redesigned as a whole. Changing them from crit to hit wouldn’t really be worth the time at this point. And adding on hit sigils would be even worse. Too much clutter and illusion of choice already.