Silly amounts of superspeed and swiftness

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I don’t understand why Anet devs do what they do. They just keep throwing swiftness and super-speed into a class to the point were it is hard to follow what the heck is going on, or you can’t even land a hit on a players because they are so fast they just get behind you and attack. One of the silliest builds I’ve increasingly encountered are melee rangers who seem to be able to constantly keep super-speed up and run circles around you to the point you can barely land a hit on them. Engi and warriors are bad enough, but rangers can take this to whole new ridiculous level.

What is going on with this game.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Trap ranger with trapper runes, quickening zephyr and probably wilderness trait reduction…. but even then they wouldn’t be able to keep super speed up to the point your saying…. only a fresh air ele can do that.

Also I don’t think trapper runes are even in pvp… but I’m not 100% sure.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Trap ranger with trapper runes, quickening zephyr and probably wilderness trait reduction…. but even then they wouldn’t be able to keep super speed up to the point your saying…. only a fresh air ele can do that.

Also I don’t think trapper runes are even in pvp… but I’m not 100% sure.

I just fought another ranger with the same build. Some of that silly mobility must be in normal melee skills, but they can keep super-speed like mobility up all of a fight. Very little counterplay as they have stability and a long lasting invuln as well. When they get in trouble they can exit a fight as fast as a warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

They are condi trap rangers with trapper runes on, the condi weapons also have built in dodges.

They have one invuln on a long cooldown and not a whole lot of stab. They won’t have stab and invuln and that many traps….

Also you are in wvw right not pvp?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Ranger OP, plz nerf.

And buff ele/mesmer.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

They are condi trap rangers with trapper runes on, the condi weapons also have built in dodges.

They have one invuln on a long cooldown and not a whole lot of stab. They won’t have stab and invuln and that many traps….

No this is in sPvP. I can’t believe no has encountered this build before.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

You are severely misinformed. Please educate yourself. What you are saying is not possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Probably because there are no trapper runes in sPvP.

Baer

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Ranger OP, plz nerf.

And buff ele/mesmer.

Not really trying to focus on rangers, but the level of mobility is obscene. The point is really the combination of too much super-speed and/or swiftness.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Probably because there are no trapper runes in sPvP.

I never mentioned trapper runes.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

You are severely misinformed. Please educate yourself. What you are saying is not possible.

It sounds like he encountered a s/d or s/w with QZ, LR and SoS. Traited instinctive reaction, vigorous training and zephyr’s speed instead of bw

Perma quickness still not possible. Maybe all the dodges and evades just made it seem that way.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What the kitten is happening….. are people really complaining about melee rangers right now?

Please do everyone a favor and uninstall the game.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

What the kitten is happening….. are people really complaining about melee rangers right now?

Read the title of the thread. If you cannot read then maybe you should uninstall the game.

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

Waaat? noooo. My pets need punching bags. They prefer live ones. If not, they’ll take it out on me. Im scared of my pets

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Puck.9612

Read the title of the thread. If you cannot read then maybe you should uninstall the game.

lol maybe go back and reread your own opening post. If you were beaten by a melee ranger you were 100% outplayed. There is no build in the game that is hard countered by melee power ranger, he beat you because he is better than you and your first response is to come to the forums and qq.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

lol maybe go back and reread your own opening post. If you were beaten by a melee ranger you were 100% outplayed. There is no build in the game that is hard countered by melee power ranger, he beat you because he is better than you and your first response is to come to the forums and qq.

I’m not sure if it is fair for me to converse with someone with such a low IQ. I never said I was beaten by a melee ranger, in fact I have no trouble with them at all. I was using ranger to exemplify the point of the thread. I also used engi and warrior as an example. If you can not comprehend that, I can’t help you…in fact no one can.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

I actually think I know what you mean. A friend of mines buddy had an entirely melee ranger he knew how to play really well, I was really impressed with it. Gets away from the pew pew rangers I see a lot in pvp that make the class look bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

It sounds like he encountered a s/d or s/w with QZ, LR and SoS. Traited instinctive reaction, vigorous training and zephyr’s speed instead of bw

Perma quickness still not possible. Maybe all the dodges and evades just made it seem that way.

If that’s the case that would make sense that the ranger had a lot of quickness, but superspeed? no way.

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

If that’s the case that would make sense that the ranger had a lot of quickness, but superspeed? no way.

If that were the case, we’d prolly have a 2 ranger meta…which I don’t mind. I think OP just got overwhelmed by the evading in-your-face ranger. I run a melee build and lmao when mesmers use feedback upon seeing me. I’ve had the most success with rangers when classes are stacked solo queuing ranked. But by no means are we overpowered.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I thought super speed was an elementalist thing.
Did OP mean quickness and swiftness?

If quickness, there is a build that can get a good amount of it but it’s not permanent up time.

Ranger underpowered. Pls buff ranger. Make perma quickness baseline.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

engineer has always had permanent swiftness. this is nothing new

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

abc.5790

Rangers can get perma swiftness too from shouts if traited. OP was complaining about super-speed (i think he meant quickness) and swiftness.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’m not sure if it is fair for me to converse with someone with such a low IQ. I never said I was beaten by a melee ranger, in fact I have no trouble with them at all. I was using ranger to exemplify the point of the thread. I also used engi and warrior as an example. If you can not comprehend that, I can’t help you…in fact no one can.

For the record OP, you are getting responses like these because what you are describing is literally impossible. This means that you are complaining about something you don’t understand, and it is apparent you’re not going to listen to what anyone here has to say. Therefore, one can conclude that you are either here to troll, or just a complete noob here to complain about nonsense. Either way, you’re just making a fool of yourself.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Puck.9612

“I have no problem killing them but they are too stronk…. please nerf”

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I’m going to back OP up a little bit.

-He didn’t say he was beaten by anyone, they could just run away constantly.
-He said “seems to be able to constantly keep super speed up” which is not the same as constant uptime. It’s possible to make it seem like it is being used more than it is by smart movement (ex, not necessary when using gap closers, rooted skills, etc.).

Im not definding his points though, only his actual words. I couldn’t care less if a Ranger is quick or confusing since they aren’t a real problem.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I think the OP is mistaking the sword 2 and 3 skills for superspeed. They are movement abilities that make the ranger move in a specific way very quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

-He said “seems to be able to constantly keep super speed up” which is not the same as constant uptime. It’s possible to make it seem like it is being used more than it is by smart movement (ex, not necessary when using gap closers, rooted skills, etc.).

Im not definding his points though, only his actual words. I couldn’t care less if a Ranger is quick or confusing since they aren’t a real problem.

Rangers have literally zero access to superspeed unless using trapper runes. OP is either wrong or lying.

in PvP

Puck.9612

Rangers have literally zero access to superspeed unless using trapper runes. OP is either wrong or lying.

To be fair Quickning Zephyr gives super speed but it’s 6 seconds on a 60 second cooldown….. I’m not sure how that would qualify as a “silly amount” unless by silly amount the op means rangers should have more access to super speed.

That argument would make sense since rangers are a class that relies on evasion to survive and they don’t have access to teleports which is one of the reasons thieves and mesmers will always be used over them in competitive play. While super speed will never be as good as a teleport on the current PvP maps it might help lessen the gap between the roaming classes.

in PvP

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

To be fair Quickning Zephyr gives super speed but it’s 6 seconds on a 60 second cooldown….. I’m not sure how that would qualify as a “silly amount” unless by silly amount the op means rangers should have more access to super speed.

That argument would make sense since rangers are a class that relies on evasion to survive and they don’t have access to teleports which is one of the reasons thieves and mesmers will always be used over them in competitive play. While super speed will never be as good as a teleport on the current PvP maps it might help lessen the gap between the roaming classes.

I think you mean quickness. Only engineers really have access to Super Speed.

I am assuming the ranger is melee evading at an increased rate due to the compression of quickness.

(edited by lorddarkflare.9186)

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I kind of agree. With how important rotations are Rangers could really do with more access to Super Speed. They could potentially play a really good point contesting-roaming role, like a less OP Ele.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

This is why I am so very glad the GW2 balance team do not give any consideration to the forums.

So much lack of information and desire to actually learn and figure out what is happening and how to counter it’s unreal. Especially when people post biased and silly comparisons to make out their class is UP or other classes are OP.

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Good lord, the sheer amount of misinformed people posting in this thread is astonishing.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I’ve seen far far worse misinformation in class subforums especially when you bring up something pvp related. And when you explain the facts, theyre minds are made up so the discussion ends with them lingering in their ignorance.

These pvp guys aren’t too bad.

I’ll clarify. Trapper runes offer 3s superspeed but I’m sure you’re all aware that this rune is not available in spvp.

The OP probably meant quickness and his mistake was only syntax. There are traits and utilities for ranger quickness but it’s not 100% uptime. Swiftness sources are abundant and if traited, a ranger could have perma swift.

Sword 2, 3 and dagger 4 are evades with “speedy” animation including ones that go behind and around you.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Puck.9612

I think you mean quickness. Only engineers really have access to Super Speed.

I am assuming the ranger is melee evading at an increased rate due to the compression of quickness.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickening_Zephyr

It gives both

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Hm, I think the OP is talking about Remorseless melee Rangers who capitalize on unselecting target and use weapon skills along with quickness to move AND attack fast. In addition they hit hard. Maybe he thinks this is superspeed?

I disagree that this is overpowered, but you will be in for a tough fight against a good one. Like any other class. Don’t assume melee Ranger should be a pushover.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is what a Ranger brings to a melee fight. Fast, hard hitting and slippery. This is done right. Warrior is slow (lumbering) hard hitting with CC and high survivability.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

I mentioned super-speed for rangers because they move as quickly as if they had super-speed. If you look at my second post I say “..but they can keep super-speed like mobility up all of a fight”. It is irrelevant if they had the buff super-speed or not if they have skills that emulate super-speed movement (skills already noted above). People get so hung up on irrelevant details they miss the point of the whole post and start defending rangers or making daft comments like..yes rangers OP pls nerf, lol. Rangers were just a good recent example of the issue, as are Engi and warr. The post is about excessive extreme mobility in combat, as far as I’m aware quickness does not effect terrain movement speed, so it is not that.

For the record, to those saying rangers have no access to superspeed, they do : Quickning Zephyr, which can be traited for reduced cd. They also have skills that have super-speed like mobility. But this isn’t about rangers or specifically any other class, it is why Anet keep throwing high up time extreme mobility buffs and skills into the game to the point of being ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

From a Guardians point of view you all have warp superspeed.

in PvP

Puck.9612

I mentioned super-speed for rangers because they move as quickly as if they had super-speed. If you look at my second post I say “..but they can keep super-speed like mobility up all of a fight”. It is irrelevant if they had the buff super-speed or not if they have skills that emulate super-speed movement (skills already noted above). People get so hung up on irrelevant details they miss the point of the whole post and start defending rangers or making daft comments like..yes rangers OP pls nerf, lol. Rangers were just a good recent example of the issue, as are Engi and warr. The post is about excessive extreme mobility in combat, as far as I’m aware quickness does not effect terrain movement speed, so it is not that.

“One of the silliest builds I’ve increasingly encountered are melee rangers who seem to be able to constantly keep super-speed up and run circles around you to the point you can barely land a hit on them. Engi and warriors are bad enough, but rangers can take this to whole new ridiculous level.”

That made up about half of your opening post. People aren’t getting “hung up on irrelevant details”, they are responding to what you specifically complained about.

Instead of complaining about something that you clearly don’t understand, you should have taken the time to try and recreate the build that was giving you trouble. Learn its strengths and weaknesses and then decide if there is something about it that needs to be toned down. At that point you could make a sound, reasonable argument that might get support from the community, but more likely with this particular complaint you would realize that your own lack of knowledge and experience is why you are having such a hard time fighting them. Once you become familiar with the profession you won’t have a problem.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

You’ve selectively quoted the second half of my post out of context to try to prove a point. The first half provides the context and does not prove your point.

in PvP

Puck.9612

You’ve selectively quoted the second half of my post out of context to try to prove a point. The first half provides the context and does not prove your point.

As I said, what I quoted made up about half of your opening post. And you clearly ignored everything else I said in my last post, which further emphasizes your willingness to remain ignorant. Spend a little more time learning and a little less complaining, it will be better for everyone, including you.

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

As I said, what I quoted made up about half of your opening post. And you clearly ignored everything else I said in my last post, which further emphasizes your willingness to remain ignorant. Spend a little more time learning and a little less complaining, it will be better for everyone, including you.

How can you comment on a post when you deliberately excluded the most important part of it? If I just posted the second half you would have a point, but that was not the case. If you included the whole post your argument would have no basis, that is why you didn’t do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I died against a melee ranger once. Then I made a ranger and played about 50 PvP matches with a few different builds. Now I just look at them and they melt.

So, I have no idea what the OP is saying. What are you saying, boy?!

in PvP

Posted by: StonePower.8321

StonePower.8321

According to the wiki superspeed doens’t exceed 33% mvt speed OOC

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Speed_

So this thread is about how certain classes or more precisely builds like the feared melee power ranger can maintain perma swiftness in combat to escape damage….

year 3 of this game….wow

in PvP

Puck.9612

How can you comment on a post when you deliberately excluded the most important part of it? If I just posted the second half you would have a point, but that was not the case. If you included the whole post your argument would have no basis, that is why you didn’t do it.

I selected what was relevant. I could have easily quoted the whole thing and the point would still be the same because what I quoted made up half of your post. There is nothing being twisted here.

But please continue playing the victim instead of doing anything to improve your performance, just stay off my team.

in PvP

abc.5790

Maybe what he really wanted to know is how one could counter melee rangers, no?

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

No, I was commenting on the amount of extreme combat mobility in the game that Anet keeps adding to. I used rangers and other classes as an example, but as is the case sometimes people have obviously just skim posts and then make comments on anything that raises their heckle and the meaning of the OP just gets lost in the resulting junk. You can not reason with that mindset, despite explaining things over and over again. To any offended rangers out there…whatever. Rangers are not the hardest class to take down in PvP, but now and again you come across a few that use more than 1 weapon (longbow), and are a challenge to fight, which makes a nice change. However that was not the point of the OP for umpteenth time.

in PvP

abc.5790

Capable rangers are pretty frightening. Before the d/d ele madness, rangers, along with mesmers were the predators of 1v1 combat. In fact I’ve seen capable rangers down eles with almost full hp left.

The little effort needed to land LB skills has made rangers an entry level class which makes experienced ones stand out even more.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

So you’re complaining about mobility? Mobility is the best thing about this game. I really hope they just add, add, add until the game dies, in a hundred thousand years hopefully.

You could always go and play Pokemon. There is no movement at all in combat.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

ugh those melee rangers are getting carried by their pets and taunt. it’s still a trashy class that’s always up to no good. if they melee, wait for that pet aoe and get taunted.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Maybe what he really wanted to know is how one could counter melee rangers, no?

I think what he really wanted to hear was everyone saying “Omg you’re right they’re so OP, only the best of the best players in the whole game know it though, because anyone else obviously haven’t played the game more than a day and don’t know what they’re talking about. NERF MOBILITY AND SUPERSPEED NAO!!!11!11!1337!!11!”

Sounds like an angry necro that got kited around all match to me, though. Chasing squirrels.

Attachments: