Simple MM/PvP League Fix

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

1. Revert MM changes/bring back season one MM

2. Make ALL tiers/divs losable. (yes even amber tiers)

This makes fights fair again. Keeps bad players from climbing into legendary.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

Meaning those stats everyone sees and the end of them game.
Frigin use them. If Larry just played and his team won.
Total mmr awarded to larry before calculations +200(Cap for wining)
Larry died 10 times but got 5 assist kills. – 20
Larry did not apply any healing to anyone on his team. – 20
Larry did not try to capture a single point(this could be calculated by how long they where on the point + how much damage they took. if they where first on the point and if the point was actually captured). – 20
Larry did not apply and boons to himself or any team mates.
Larry did not remove any conditions from his team – 20
Larry did not remove any conditions from him – 10
Larry took the least ammount of damage on his entire team – 20
Larry did the least ammount of damage on his entire team – 20

Larry is a bad player he is getting carried. Larry gets +50 MMR but the next pip requires 100. Larry does not advance a single pip instead. He gets half of one and must do this bad again to get the other half or do worse and lose the half he already has.

OR

Total mmr awarded to larry before calculations +200(Cap for wining)
Larry died 4 times but got 10 assist kills. and 5 solo kills – 0
Larry did not apply any healing to anyone on his team. – 20
Larry did tried to capture the most points and did good. + 20(because no longer at cap)
Larry applyied some boons to himself or any team mates but less then anyone else on his team.
Larry did not remove any conditions from his team – 20
Larry did not remove any conditions from him – 10
Larry took the most ammount of damage on his entire team + 20
Larry did third best damage + 10

Larry get 195 mmr
Larry gains a pip.

Obviously these numbers would be changed to whatever is decided. Just a concept that would make it so your not just advancing because of wins but also HOW WELL YOU assisted you team in making wins.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

So ppl get matched against players of their same rating? I feel like this wouldnt solve anything but the infamous “mmr tank”

M I L K B O I S

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

snip

They actually do something fairly similar already.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

The first phase, called filtering, gathers players based on their current MMR and Ladder Points.

Your ladder ranking is determined by how many points you are awarded throughout a season.

You are awarded points for playing well, and often, and sometimes even if you lose a game.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

So ppl get matched against players of their same rating? I feel like this wouldnt solve anything but the infamous “mmr tank”

Uh there wouldn’t be tiers or stop gaps anymore to let you (see 2). So you couldn’t freely tank your MMR. You’d drop alllllll the way back down if you lose games on purpose and have to claw your way back up with worse teammates. Gluck with that.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

How does season one MM prevent bad players from climbing up to legendary if they’re matched against other bad players for fair matches, so around a 50% winrate?

With the first season system, everybody but the very top and very bottom plays on equal ground.
I would even say that it’s easier to climb with a below average MMR, since premades hardly play like premades in those brackets and performing good against them usually granted multiple pips (which is what makes players advance on the 50/50 scenario).

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

How does season one MM prevent bad players from climbing up to legendary if they’re matched against other bad players for fair matches, so around a 50% winrate?

With the first season system, everybody but the very top and very bottom plays on equal ground.
I would even say that it’s easier to climb with a below average MMR, since premades hardly play like premades in those brackets and performing good against them usually granted multiple pips (which is what makes players advance on the 50/50 scenario).

bad players = 50/50 win loss or worse. They might get a win streak out of amber, but they will go on lose streaks too and go back into amber.

50/50 = no progression.

Previously bad players could grind it out. They could wait for a 5 win streak basically and tier up. That wouldn’t happen with these changes. The losses would out weigh the win streaks.

Not sure how to make it any clearer.

Bad players will have low MMR and have a 50% or less win rate which means no progression.

Good players will be above 51% and progress until competition is too tough for them.

Starting at low MMR you’ll have worse team mates if you can truly carry anyway. Its not like MMR is static, it will also raise or lower to become more accurate. But that can only happen if you have even match ups…

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

bad players = 50/50 win loss or worse. They might get a win streak out of amber, but they will go on lose streaks too and go back into amber.

50/50 = no progression.

Previously bad players could grind it out. They could wait for a 5 win streak basically and tier up. That wouldn’t happen with these changes. The losses would out weigh the win streaks.

Not sure how to make it any clearer.

Bad players will have low MMR and have a 50% or less win rate which means no progression.

Good players will be above 51% and progress until competition is too tough for them.

Starting at low MMR you’ll have worse team mates if you can truly carry anyway. Its not like MMR is static, it will also raise or lower to become more accurate. But that can only happen if you have even match ups…

If the MMR is accurate, there’s no reason for good players to have an above 50% winrate. They’re being matched against players who in theory are as good as them.

If anyone gets a steady over 50% winrate, someone in the same MMR bracket needs to be necessarily below 50%.

It’s the same situation for everybody but the very top and the very bottom.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

If the MMR is accurate, there’s no reason for good players to have an above 50% winrate. They’re being matched against players who in theory are as good as them.

If anyone gets a steady over 50% winrate, someone in the same MMR bracket needs to be necessarily below 50%.

Except that’s not how things work in real life. Above assumes an infinite skill range with an infinite player base constantly playing so you can get the best possible match up.

The real story is that good players don’t always have peers on to challenge them. So MM matches them against someone a step below. Hence, they end up with a greater than 50% win rate.

I mean I don’t even need to prove it, look at how much faster the good players progressed back when it was meant for 50-50. They obviously had much much higher win rates than 50%. The actual legendary players got it weeks before all the grinders got it.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

snip

They actually do something fairly similar already.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

The first phase, called filtering, gathers players based on their current MMR and Ladder Points.

Your ladder ranking is determined by how many points you are awarded throughout a season.

You are awarded points for playing well, and often, and sometimes even if you lose a game.

I have looked at that and it is not nearly in depth when it comes to how well you actually played as what i just suggested.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

Except that’s not how things work in real life. Above assumes an infinite skill range with an infinite player base constantly playing so you can get the best possible match up.

The real story is that good players don’t always have peers on to challenge them. So MM matches them against someone a step below. Hence, they end up with a greater than 50% win rate.

I mean I don’t even need to prove it, look at how much faster the good players progressed back when it was meant for 50-50. They obviously had much much higher win rates than 50%. The actual legendary players got it weeks before all the grinders got it.

That only applies to full premades.
With the first season system, someone with a too high MMR would have been outweighted by placing a lower MMR player on his team.

The really good players who advanced fast during season one, did it mostly not only on full premade but also including a smurf account which lowered their mean MMR and division placement.
Even if they did it to lower stupidly high queue times, it definitely also helped on having even overall easier games.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

With the first season system, someone with a too high MMR would have been outweighted by placing a lower MMR player on his team.

The really good players who advanced fast during season one, did it mostly not only on full premade but also including a smurf account which lowered their mean MMR and division placement.
Even if they did it to lower stupidly high queue times, it definitely also helped on having even overall easier games.

thats just false. I watched plenty of soloq streams that proved otherwise.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Uh there wouldn’t be tiers or stop gaps anymore to let you (see 2). So you couldn’t freely tank your MMR. You’d drop alllllll the way back down if you lose games on purpose and have to claw your way back up with worse teammates. Gluck with that.

M I L K B O I S

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

I guess there might be plenty of different cases. I can recall some Helseth stream where he got a negative progression on emerald after playing for several hours.

Simple MM/PvP League Fix

in PvP

Krysard.1364

I guess there might be plenty of different cases. I can recall some Helseth stream where he got a negative progression on emerald after playing for several hours.

Thats exactly why ppl complained, cause everyone would eventually hit legendary, but Pro League players were already struggling against each other on emerald

M I L K B O I S