Simple thing will never allow "balance"

in PvP

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

there is one sinple fact that, well simply, makes this game un-balance-able.

The difference of Armor according to weight classes.

It’s really just that lame, although the idea was to have the “heavies” in front for big fights in WvW (which they are) it’s in no way applicable for “structured” pvp anymore, not since the damage output is equal and the “heavies” can do anything and everything a light or medium can these day +. Yet they get a free Armor bonus simply for wearing a heavy armor?……………………………….. so basically nothing to lose with nothing to be gained for the other armor classes, and don’tell me about utility,….. the heavies CAN do all the stuff any medium or light can do. (only exception I can fathom is no heavy has a water field,…YAYA)

SOOOOOOO, either A)

Light armor = damage + (both power and condi) and Armor -
Medium armor = base neutral for damage/armor
Heavy armor = damage – and armor +

Or (and much better idea) in “structured pvp” an EQUAL armor base for each armor level.

To the dev’s this would REALLY simplify your balancing! The only thing you would then have to balance is the health-pool vs utility, And if you broke from the idea of 3 different health-pool’s and just adjusted the different classes from a standard armor value vs (survive ability) it would REALLY make your jobs of trying to balance this stuff AND our fun much simpler.
For real, in our “structured pvp” why should “this warrior” have “X” more armor than “this elementalist” while EACH wear’s the same amulet and runes? Utilities? umm, each has their own and adjust those?
Okay so let’s think of example; if Ele got the same armor as a Heavy, yea that would be stupid as F* but from there you can EASILY regulate the skills balance vs trying to adjust for each class, heavy,medium,light. same with ALL!!

Just flat cut out and unnecessary discrepancy!

(edited by Fiddle Irk.9710)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Every class is tweaked and balanced individually, it doesn’t come even close to mattering if some professions are balanced around having a few extra or a few less armor points. Only affects a player’s OCD rather than performance. It’s an RPG, you’re gonna have to let some profession discrepancies slide.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

okay, please note Chaith’s above response and IGNORE necasue he does not know what he’s talking about OR what I was even talking about

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I note Chaith’s response and……..agree.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I note Chaith’s response and……..agree.

So do I.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

okay, please note Chaith’s above response and IGNORE necasue he does not know what he’s talking about OR what I was even talking about

I doubt even you have any idea what you’re talking about

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I guess he haven’t even read “[Astral] Forum Lord Chaith”.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

I think you’re all dismissing a very valid point here, that armour weight is important in how toughness affects a class. Without toughness I think the difference is small, but with it, as far as I understand, the armour weight difference is multiplied.

That said, right now the heavy armour specs are all the glassy cannons and the light are the tanks, but it’s an important numerical factor to consider.

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

…Without toughness I think the difference is small, but with it, as far as I understand, the armour weight difference is multiplied.

It’s the opposite. With no toughness the damage difference will be higher. You will get diminishing returns as you build a lot of toughness. 2000 – 2300 difference should be more noticable than 3700 – 4000.

As for OP’s argument, no this isnt hindering balance. I’d say base HP is even more important but isnt significant because of what chaith the forum lord said. Tbh I was expecting pve – pvp skill split when I read the title

in PvP

Posted by: joshmossas.6542

joshmossas.6542

Could you imagine thief and mes with a warrior’s toughness?
That would be so dumb xD

Okay so let’s think of example; if Ele got the same armor as a Heavy, yea that would be stupid as F* but from there you can EASILY regulate the skills balance vs trying to adjust for each class, heavy,medium,light. same with ALL!!

This wouldn’t work because the classes are very much designed around these differences. You won’t be able to just tweak a couple numbers here and there to balance it.

Thief and mes for example have evasiveness ingrained in their design, but it’s counterbalanced by the fact that they are squishy. If you just make toughness the same for everyone it’ll take more than just number tweaking but complete revamps to balance it.

Click for dumb PVP videos and probably some other nonesense :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSzslxjEkG4oZJ4ubPZHIg