Skill bar ( ready up) vs Incendiery powder

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Engineer Auto attacks + Incendiary Powder are probably equal or less than most other profession’s auto attacks.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Be glad they didn’t nerf healing signet and steal.

in PvP

Posted by: Pony.8956

Pony.8956

i dunno…. condi removal helps as well, just say’n

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Engineer Auto attacks + Incendiary Powder are probably equal or less than most other profession’s auto attacks.

7 second burn that ticks for 600+ is equal to an autoattack? Can you name me one class that can autoattack for 4200 from range?

Again im not saying its overpowered im just saying theres very little thinking behind most engineers builds because of IP.

They wanna make the game more skill based and still havent deleted such passive traits with very little counter play.

There’s very little thinking behind saying that Incendiary Powder is a 4200dmg auto attack..

To explain it in a way that you can understand better, how about you compare an Engineer spamming pistol 1 over ten seconds (with Incendiary Powder), to another profession spamming 1 over ten seconds? Ranger Shortbow, Mesmer Greatsword, etc.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Keeping track of the GCD of IP and making sure it doesn’t proc on non-kill target (or worse, AI) makes it far more skill based than most any other passive.

It’s powerful. It probably warrants a tweak. But to say it’s doesn’t require thinking is plain wrong.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Comparing IP to those skills he mentions is utterly, completely wrong.
Engineer is mostly about sustained damage – can’t do otherwise, due to kits…putting many burst skills on those would make them terribly unbalanced since you could just cycle between them – and IP is just another way to increase that sustained damage, by inflicting a condition (as damage-inflicting conditions are a form of sustained damage by themselves, due of their own mechanics).
Sure, there may be other ways to accomplish this. But they wouldn’t be as lenient or cleanseable as a condition. Because the whole effect – some kind of increased attack power – would be spread to multiple attacks, as it would still be about sustained damage, and thus even less dodgeable than the current one. And it likely wouldn’t be based on condition damage, since it wouldn’t be a condition.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

7 second burn that ticks for 600+ is equal to an autoattack? Can you name me one class that can autoattack for 4200 from range?

Again im not saying its overpowered im just saying theres very little thinking behind most engineers builds because of IP.

They wanna make the game more skill based and still havent deleted such passive traits with very little counter play.

In the time it takes for that condi to tick, a Ranger’s Longbow auto has done more damage. So there.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

In the time it takes for that condi to tick, a Ranger’s Longbow auto has done more damage. So there.

in the time it take that burn to tick I’ve already killed some one with a glass engineer.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

I agree that it is passively carrying players but engineer needs this to have some place in the current meta. I would like to see the duration largely reduced but the class needs additional damage made available through more skillful play to compensate for the loss.

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Even on a full cheese mode perplexity condi engineer I have to press way more buttons and plan ahead compared to a warrior or ranger. Yes you spam 1 to deal most of you damage but you are constantly rotating all your def skills in and out to actually survive.

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Generosity sigil new meta? :o

in PvP

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Engineers need it because pistol auto attack is worse than bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

Combustive Shot will always be up before IP is.

in PvP

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

I think the problem is the lack of counter play on opponent’s part. Why not change IP so that it procs on weapon swap, functioning like an additional weapon swap sigil for engineers. The skill fact would be like this: “the next attack after swapping weapons in combat inflicts burning (4 seconds base duration)”. And obviously make an icon for this like you have for doom and leeching. No more RNG and at least some form of counter so I can see it coming.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

But the problem is this spec is not even powerful to begin with in PVP.
The uptime is not long in pvp, and it requires quite abit of investment for non-grenade/ bomb build. Also even with it, Engi has a hard time breaking the new anti-condition meta (Hambow, Guardian, Staff Ele, Turret Engi) even with the help of IP.
Without it condition build will be complete crap and everyone will then roll a power base celestial Engi…..

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Even on a full cheese mode perplexity condi engineer I have to press way more buttons and plan ahead compared to a warrior or ranger. Yes you spam 1 to deal most of you damage but you are constantly rotating all your def skills in and out to actually survive.

this^^ /15chars

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Engineers need it because pistol auto attack is worse than bad.

this^^ /15chars

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

But the problem is this spec is not even powerful to begin with in PVP.
The uptime is not long in pvp, and it requires quite abit of investment for non-grenade/ bomb build. Also even with it, Engi has a hard time breaking the new anti-condition meta (Hambow, Guardian, Staff Ele, Turret Engi) even with the help of IP.
Without it condition build will be complete crap and everyone will then roll a power base celestial Engi…..

and this sums its up all nicely.

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Xista.7391

Nobody does this. And if someone did, it would actually be terrible. The biggest mistake low-rated, new, and otherwise bad players make in MMOs is overcomplicating everything. As a result, they end up misusing or never using key abilities.

And that’s what separates the good engis from the bad. Proccing IP 3x over on the ranger pet is a huge loss on dmg done. And if you do, you switch to a second source of burning to get that condi up.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Glassbow ranger, air + fire sigil and sun spirit with Sharpened Edges trait.

also, engi ranged attacks will only ever hit that hard IF and ONLY IF all nades hit the same target.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Xista.7391

Beyond obviously not targeting ranger pets (wat)

And this is why people think condi engineers are spammy. Our best single target damage is IP. If you’re spamming grenades/bombs on points and it procs on a non-kill target, clone, pet, what have you…. you’re losing a lot of focused DPS.

Sure you can ignore and hope it procs on the correct target. But that’s not playing to the highest potential. It’s not that hard to understand.

(edited by Xista.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

i dunno…. condi removal helps as well, just say’n

As far as I know Auto Attack is spamable, can you spam condi removing abilities too? just say’n

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I didn’t see any thief nerfs in that balance preview. Warrior “nerfs” also seemed insignificant.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

After Anet nerfs warriors again turret engineer and AI builds will be out of control. Most people have forgotten hambow came to prevalence because of the many AI builds which were plaguing pvp beforehand (spirit ranger, minion master, phantasm mesmer, etc.). Not to mention hammer stun use to be a 3 second stun with the sigil of paralysation, have access to +50% critical chance when stunned, and had a better version of healing signet. After Anet is through nerfing the class to oblivion these builds will come back and be as annoying as ever. Welcome your new AI/passive proc masters.

Nah, hambow came to prominance because it can team fight, 1v1, bunker, go immune, res, stomp, move fast, fill in where needed, 2v2 in every 2 v2, point deny anyone trying to 1v1 them, wear tanky amulets and almost 1 shot people.

All of this whilst being playable by hundreds of people at a similar level.

Have played a ton of warriors in this game. None stand out. I never fight one and think they are amazing. Because they are all the same. They are all deadly because the class is so OP, and hambow in particular.

That is the only class where that is the case. A uneffective warrior is basically non-existant. Its that easy.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

warrior nerf is far from insignificant, it basically makes axe a really bad weapon, hammer less good, mace/rifle a joke if they ever had a spot and longbow much more of a necessity.

also it might make GS really good in pvp, that’s something that needs testing.

on the other hand hambow and condition warriors are among the least affected builds, so it’s not an insignificant nerf, but it’s a clumsy one that nerfes the wrong builds.

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Nah, hambow came to prominance because it can team fight, 1v1, bunker, go immune, res, stomp, move fast, fill in where needed, 2v2 in every 2 v2, point deny anyone trying to 1v1 them, wear tanky amulets and almost 1 shot people.

Wrong. Hambow became mainstream after Car Crash versus Sync where it was used to counter spirit ranger and necromancer. It wasn’t popular before then as far as I know.

Pretty much. To many on the forum, warriors countering rangers/necros became one of those epiphany moments. Metas are set by these large tournament outcomes. The same thing is happening with the TCG builds. After they won, their builds became public knowledge and entered the mainstream. Now the thief/warrior builds are being shaved.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

IP can be accidently procced on wrong target.

The AA is pathetic, if anything like people have said the IP damage evens out with other classes AA’s probably.

And it can be cleansed.

I wish I could cleanse air/fire procs from a thief for example <_<

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

I think the problem is the lack of counter play on opponent’s part. Why not change IP so that it procs on weapon swap, functioning like an additional weapon swap sigil for engineers. The skill fact would be like this: “the next attack after swapping weapons in combat inflicts burning (4 seconds base duration)”. And obviously make an icon for this like you have for doom and leeching. No more RNG and at least some form of counter so I can see it coming.

Well that would be a buff actually