Skull Grinder Overkill

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Silent Sol.4963

Silent Sol.4963

Is no one else going to mention how absurdly bloated this skill is?
Its Base damage is decent with power.
It inflicts 4 Condis: blind(5), cripple(8s), 4 bleed (8s), 4 confusion(4s).
Dazes for 1s.
Is a blast finisher.
5s cool down.
and has some extra range, mobility and tracking on it.
High spamability with cool down reduction(3 1/4s) and burst mastery and of course 3 condis cleanse with ire.

Warrior finally coming back into meta is a great thing but this skill is a bit too insane.
Daze duration should be reduced for sure and either a removal of the multiple condi stacks, durations or an entire condi altogether.

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Reminds me of Steal on Thief and despite the raised concerns, “they” didnt give a kitten XD

A Mace/shield LB meta war build has no mobility. Kite/play the defensive game when berserk mode is procced, then go ham when it’s on CD.

If your fav meta build isnt working against it, roll something to counter.

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

War dosent do well 1v1 vs condi mes. Too many clones

aka. “The Complainer”

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Dear lord…. Both power and condi Berserker hard counters condi chrono.

The presence of clones makes life much easier for war because there’s always something for his burst skills to hit.

Certain mes builds are great for countering war (blind heavy, for example).

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Dazes for 1s.
Is a blast finisher.
5s cool down.
High spamability with cool down reduction(3 1/4s) and burst mastery and of course 3 condis cleanse with ire.

Warrior finally coming back into meta is a great thing but this skill is a bit too insane.
Daze duration should be reduced for sure and either a removal of the multiple condi stacks, durations or an entire condi altogether.

its not overkill since it is very easily negated by evade spam, block spam, blind spam, etc.

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The presence of clones makes life much easier for war because there’s always something for his burst skills to hit.

^this, my warrior normally eats mesmers. Most necros, thieves and engineers. Not fought enough guards to get a read on them. LB rangers can be hard to deal with. Eles can also be hard, same for Revenant.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

Its nice to see Warrior back in the meta.

(edited by infinitenoah.8296)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

And you just noticed this kitten design for the skill just now?

Why, it’s been there in the game for quite a while now after HoT and yet now is the time to call out OP on it. If it isn’t Meta it is ok we’ll turn a blind eye, but once it is Meta then it’s time to pick up the pitchforks.

The skill should have been looked at and adjusted long before for inflicting so much in one swing.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Silent Sol.4963

Silent Sol.4963

Why, it’s been there in the game for quite a while now after HoT and yet now is the time to call out OP on it. If it isn’t Meta it is ok we’ll turn a blind eye, but once it is Meta then it’s time to pick up the pitchforks.

The skill should have been looked at and adjusted long before for inflicting so much in one swing.

I always knew it was crazy, just no one played warrior in Pvp that it didn’t matter until now

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Those who struggled playing as a warrior pre-patch and who were doing a quite good job with it, now they are superior.
I do not say this in the meaning of good or bad, it’s just an observation.
I vowed to myself that I won’t change to anything and I’ll still keep playing my guardian but I am not efficient enough in solo que and premades with my guild so I am forced to play something else which I greatly do not enjoy, yet I want to get something from this pvp season.
People might say that traps are still viable and wreck people but it’s still on low tier. There are some in higher tiers but it demands focusing on DH (by his/her team) to not let him die in a few hits. It just takes a great effort to play it efficiently if comparing other classes now.

EDIT:
Is there any hope for Guardian? I really like this profession but it makes me sad watching as it falls into the pit of uselessness. What should get changed in order to raise this class to something better?

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

believe it or not there were things that were far more op.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Condition berserker defintly does not counter carrion chrono. in fact chrono and marauder scrapper are currently the only classes that can win fights on point against condition warrior 1v1 – at least with reference to a skill lvl that isn’t garbage. Idk about power warrior, but it isn’t viable on a higher lvl anyways, so who cares.

And yea the skill already was broken before the latest patches but nobody really cared because warrior wasn’t viable. Now it is -so enjoy the powercreep, the peeps did ask for.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Condition berserker defintly does not counter carrion chrono. in fact chrono and marauder scrapper are currently the only classes that can win fights on point against condition warrior 1v1 – at least with reference to a skill lvl that isn’t garbage. Idk about power warrior, but it isn’t viable on a higher lvl anyways, so who cares.

And yea the skill already was broken before the latest patches but nobody really cared because warrior wasn’t viable. Now it is -so enjoy the powercreep, the peeps did ask for.

How does condi war not counter condi chrono…it can have resistance for 20 of the first 26s of a fight then >30% of the time after(not to mention the condi clears on weapon swap and per burst skill hit) , any warrior build counters any condi build in a 1v1 atm…and saying it doesnt is crazy.

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

dominik.9721

Idk maybe all the warriors from pl are just super bad then?
I agree with countering every condition build but it doesn’t hardcounter carrion chrono at the moment. Against wanderer warriors carrion is probably even better than mercenary, because you got more vitality instead of toughness.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I agree with countering every condition build but it doesn’t hardcounter carrion chrono at the moment. Against wanderer warriors carrion is probably even better than mercenary, because you got more vitality instead of toughness.

Can confirm, there is a wave of terrible warrior players running around with the meta setup right now. Warrior might be simple, but it still requires enough knowledge of when to hit what button, and what you can and cannot do.

Amulet makes no difference for this matchup. Condi and Power berserker hard counter chrono, either forcing the decap, or outright killing the chrono if he’s silly enough to hang around.

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

My only concern is the ability to dodge this attack in a huge sea of red aoe. Its kind of lame to be struck with it, cleanse all the condis then get struck with it immediately after.

Bad Elementalist

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Disagree entirely,it’s still a skill that’s highly telegraphed..You can actually See it coming.It is Not spammable right away because as always adren gain while on mace is Terrible unless the person is able to headbutt after the burst and insta fill it again,which normally he has done Before the burst,a swap in between will also happen..

Besides,blocks,blinds,evades,ports,stealth,taking distance while warri’s go into berserk are things you should take into consideration.

@Frowny,basically…you can say the same thing about every other skill ingame.

Are we on a nerf warri train again btw ? Nerf gunflame,nerf adren hp,nerf healsig,now nerf skullgrinder ? Guys please…warri’s were something most people could steamroll before the patch,now we’re “back in business” suddenly no one knows how to counter a warri anymore ?

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

dominik.9721

Can confirm, there is a wave of terrible warrior players running around with the meta setup right now. Warrior might be simple, but it still requires enough knowledge of when to hit what button, and what you can and cannot do.

Amulet makes no difference for this matchup. Condi and Power berserker hard counter chrono, either forcing the decap, or outright killing the chrono if he’s silly enough to hang around.

Im not talking about terrible warriors and mesmers running around in ranked atm,playing the class for the first time.
I was actually reffering to warr and mes mains from pl. I played a lot of games with rom the last days and he was struggeling against mesmers as well, so pls. My own teammember says that he has great chances to beat condition warriors etc.
wanderer warr is everything but not a hardcounter.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Disagree entirely,it’s still a skill that’s highly telegraphed..You can actually See it coming.It is Not spammable right away because as always adren gain while on mace is Terrible unless the person is able to headbutt after the burst and insta fill it again,which normally he has done Before the burst,a swap in between will also happen..

Besides,blocks,blinds,evades,ports,stealth,taking distance while warri’s go into berserk are things you should take into consideration.

Are we on a nerf warri train again btw ? Nerf gunflame,nerf adren hp,nerf healsig,now nerf skullgrinder ? Guys please…warri’s were something most people could steamroll before the patch,now we’re “back in business” suddenly no one knows how to counter a warri anymore ?

Well, if most of the community is saying it needs to be toned down then yes there is a nerf train. I keep seeing the arguement that you just need to kite the warrior. I guess thats fine if you aren’t trying to defend a point. Any good warrior will just time dodge rolls anyhow. Hopefully once the bug on warrior is fixed that is enough.

Bad Elementalist

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Skull grinder has been this way since hots launch. Some warriors were using it last season (like me) and no one complained. The only thing they complained about was how garbage warrior was and to either gtfo of the match or go on a different class. The past patch changed nothing in regards to condi warrior. The only thing it changed was adrenal health, which gives warrior a bit more staying power.

So why the complaints now? Why not in season 2 or season 1?

Wait wait, I know. Now there are a bunch of metabattle hero warriors running around and you finally notice that condi warrior does do damage. Well no ****. Figure out how to counterplay it, because its not hard. Warrior is the most predictable class in the game.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Dazes for 1s.
Is a blast finisher.
5s cool down.

Sort of agree but
It actually needs it’s DPS to be high like this
The DPS is the only thing that keeps the Berserker competitive
If you start nerfing that DPS, even slightly
Warrior will be sitting on the bench again, really fast
So be careful what you post in these forums

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I always knew it was crazy, just no one played warrior in Pvp that it didn’t matter until now

Exactly. For example, fresh air ele design is kittened, but bcause its not even near to meta it doesnt matter at all.

M I L K B O I S

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Sparky.8724

Sparky.8724

just remove warrior

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Im not talking about terrible warriors and mesmers running around in ranked atm,playing the class for the first time.
I was actually reffering to warr and mes mains from pl. I played a lot of games with rom the last days and he was struggeling against mesmers as well, so pls. My own teammember says that he has great chances to beat condition warriors etc.
wanderer warr is everything but not a hardcounter.

Oh, so you’re saying Rom failed to decap the chronos point?

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Well, if most of the community is saying it needs to be toned down then yes there is a nerf train. I keep seeing the arguement that you just need to kite the warrior. I guess thats fine if you aren’t trying to defend a point. Any good warrior will just time dodge rolls anyhow. Hopefully once the bug on warrior is fixed that is enough.

You don’t need to constantly kite the warri it’s more about paying attention to when he’s gonna go into berserk and avoid those bursts for 15 sec.

The “bug” doesn’t even apply on mace.

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

dominik.9721

@RossBiddle (XD)

Getting a short decap and winning the 1v1 over a longer term is a huge difference. My 20h thief can decap most of the chronos as well.

Grimkram [sS]

Skull Grinder Overkill

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

The skill is heavily telegraphed, and the weapon set offers zero mobility. Not to mention that Skull Grinder is the only skill on Mace that actually deals decent damage. Make it less impactful and it will be high risk no reward, just like warrior rifle is at the moment.

Adrenal health was pretty much the only important change Warrior got with the last patch. Skull grinder is identical as to what it was before. Why all the complaints now?

The more threads I read about the Warrior, the more they seem about people having forgot how to play against them. I get that they’ve been free kills for a few months now, but that doesn’t mean they have to be that forever.

Is there any hope for Guardian? I really like this profession but it makes me sad watching as it falls into the pit of uselessness.

If you enjoy a class, keep playing it.

If you practice and manage to do decently with a class at its worst, when they receive some buffs you’ll eat people for breakfast. While FoTM rerollers will just stay awful forever.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

(edited by Zeghart.9841)