Skyhammer: Designed for necros and engineers

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Huh? The blue glass breaks when you step on it after about 2 seconds or so. There is a sound effect and if I recall a small effect. Knowing this you step on the patch then step off so it breaks and then knock someone into the newly created hole.

I agree map has probs though, but It’s interesting. Instead of buffing skills into general use. They create a map to accomodate them.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Stability is your friend.

Uptime on fear and uptime on stability aren’t even close mate.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

One things for sure, this map isn’t designed for guardians, as you can see here, pretty high ranked guardians on one team and other team is just balanced. The guardians got stomped.

If you haven’t realized by now, temporal curtain is op on this map, nothing beats placing temporal curtain on glass, running over glass and shoving people down the pit. Doesn’t require positioning either, just a straight shove down the pit, people too dumb and unskilled to know when temporal curtain goes down its time to run.

I’m loving skyhammer tho because the skilled players can shine on this map.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

One things for sure, this map isn’t designed for guardians, as you can see here, pretty high ranked guardians on one team and other team is just balanced. The guardians got stomped.

If you haven’t realized by now, temporal curtain is op on this map, nothing beats placing temporal curtain on glass, running over glass and shoving people down the pit. Doesn’t require positioning either, just a straight shove down the pit, people too dumb and unskilled to know when temporal curtain goes down its time to run.

Massive stability + banish = strong guardians. And no, you’re wrong, skilled players AREN’T allowed to shine on this map because CC + stability uptimes are the primary determining factor in who wins the fight (thank you for insta-death knockbacks off ledges everywhere). Not to mention the undodge-able massive cannon that is the most easily defended position on any map =\

Fun map…terrible for tourneys/competetive play

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Every one mentions stability, but if you bring something up, bring up the CD/Uptime on it too.

It last 5 seconds people…with a 24 Second CD if your traited into shouts…

This map is not even about PvP, its about avoiding getting knocked down a hole…

Crazy Leg

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Massive stability + banish = strong guardians. And no, you’re wrong, skilled players AREN’T allowed to shine on this map because CC + stability uptimes are the primary determining factor in who wins the fight (thank you for insta-death knockbacks off ledges everywhere). Not to mention the undodge-able massive cannon that is the most easily defended position on any map =\

Oops I forgot to add my screenshot of guardian team getting there kitten handed to them.
This map is a little overrated when it comes to knockbacks, you only need that on near point holder and person using cannon, everyone else don’t matter what they play as. Full knockback team would lose on this map against a team with 2 primary knockbackers, I’d prefer Mesmer and warrior, wait engineer be better because of rampage which is 3 knockbacks and stability all in one rampage is pretty useful nobody seems to use it though. I’ve seen someone go tornado in the cannon area and that’s pretty nasty, if your smart you’d just leave and come back 10 seconds later.

Attachments:

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Kalel.4076

Kalel.4076

i feel like we are playing mario party on this map and bowser is trying to shoot us with his big fire cannon while we avoid the falling lava rocks

in PvP

Kalel.4076

Oops I forgot to add my screenshot of guardian team getting there kitten handed to them.

in PvP

Kalel.4076

terrible guardians. my friends ran 4 guards and went like 14-3 stupid map when u win with 4 bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Warriors and guardians are very good on this map.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Warriors and guardians are very good on this map.

Only bunker guardians, if you go up against 5 dps guardians… They going to lose because they dumb enough to go dps as a guardian when there bunker capabilities are 2, 3 times better.

I just don’t understand why solo que’ers play dps guardians it just kitten es me off, especially when I’m going against a premade and my team has 3 guardians none of them are bunker but the premade team has a smart guardian, he knows primary role of guardian is bunker and they are the best bunkers and not very good dps and we lose because nobody was a bunker.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

If you put a Guardian on the cannon, he should bring Hallowed Ground with the 20% CD reduction trait. Another 13s of stab on a 64s CD means he can give himself stab through an entire Tornado.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You want engi on this map not for conditions they can actually spec tanky as hell as long as they have their knockbacks. Its really funny how an engi can take 2-3 people at the cannon because he knocks everyone back all the time.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

If you put a Guardian on the cannon, he should bring Hallowed Ground with the 20% CD reduction trait. Another 13s of stab on a 64s CD means he can give himself stab through an entire Tornado.

Or just walk through the door.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Funny map, but far away from being a competitive one.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Dear players,

Please adjust your play style and build to the meta, not qq for the meta to be adjusted to you.

Thank you,
Common Sense

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Funny map, but far away from being a competitive one.

^

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division