Skyhammer Love

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

I dont like the map, but some do. That being said, if Anet would allow players to either blacklist a couple maps or provide a ready now button that functioned and would put teams back in q if 1 didnt accept (Its beyond me why they haven’t done this) instead of the “benching” system they have now, we would see a lot less 4v5’s. Personally I havent soloq’d fop ages due to skyhammer and the orb one.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

I know people that like skyhammer.

Decap engis.

l0l

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Just delete that map for the love of god! listen to the majority!

Well i don’t even know why we waste time with this theads . . . anet listens less every day.

I think it’s very unlikely that the majority doesn’t want the map “deleted”. Perhaps removed from SoloQ.

Something that does seem to be fairly universal among both yea- and nay-sayers, is the opinion that the Skyhammer as an enviromental weapon is too strong and should be possible to be evaded and/or blocked.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Skyhammer is not my favorite map, by any means, but I agree with the OP. If you’re bad at positioning, you’ll hate Skyhammer. People always talk about how they want different objectives and map variation. Anet gave you a map on which to utilize a different play-style focused on positioning and controls.

Pretty much this. We complain about wanting new maps, then we complain about the new maps we get. Skyhammer is a pretty well designed map, I very rarely get ‘cheesed’ on it, and when I do its usually because I was doing something reckless and/or scrubby.

I think it’s very unlikely that the majority doesn’t want the map “deleted”. Perhaps removed from SoloQ.

Something that does seem to be fairly universal among both yea- and nay-sayers, is the opinion that the Skyhammer as an enviromental weapon is too strong and should be possible to be evaded and/or blocked.

Everyone only thinks the majority hates skyhammer because only the haters and scrubs will muster up the motivation to come to the forums and complain about it. Then, the more people that see skyhammer hate threads, the more people that start to believe it. Read some of the earlier posts in the thread that talk about this.

Anet uses statistics to figure out if the community actually hates skyhammer, the forum community just brings the potential issues to their attention.

(edited by the sober ninja.6539)

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

dylan.5409

“Bad at positioning” ie: trying to take any point except B lol

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

The thing is not every class has the same access to the tools to fully utilize the uber skills of leet power, that OP is talking about.

Some classes have an obvious advantage with stuns and stability (quite hard to figure wich ones) so I supose thats is what OP and the rest of this map lovers play.

And “LOLOLOL IM SO SKILLED that kitten just went down LELELELEL”, much skill very wow indeed….

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I had a soloqueue game with 23 pull and knock offs. The game was vs a mix of top 500 ppl including a few who where top 20 (ROM the current R1 being one of them).

There is no way that you can avoid my pull or knock offs if you want to cap sidepoints. If you think you can? Keep dreaming. I havent met a single guy who can. There is no way to outposition someone who comes up stealthed and magnetpulls + immobs you on to a glass panel if you have to cap the point.

The only way to avoid it is…..not capping sidepoints. Or getting lucky with random dodges or using your stability during a cap (even when you dont see anyone inc).

Its a bit like telling ppl to outplay a decap engi. Just dodge all the knockbacks lol.

You can see the glass flicker, even when people are stealth. Dead give away.

The flicker happens at the same moment you hear the glassbreaking sound. There is no way to avoid it if the engi times it well.

http://www.twitch.tv/phantaram/c/3826867

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: draven.4796

draven.4796

Im with Sober, I like skyhammer, think its hilarious.

(also not a decap engi)
(am I hardcore pvper, thats too subjective to argue sensibly, I do like to play pvp tho?)

1st rule of neutral club is to listen to the other
rules and then take an overview.
[EU}Gandara

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

The vid locuz posted pretty much sums it up

#ELEtism

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

The vid locuz posted pretty much sums it up

To be fair… it was a poor camera angle to be in such a defensive position. You can’t see anything approaching what-so-ever.

Also, I’m aware that it has nothing to do with the point that the engi’s tactic was broken… but.. why is he solo capping far when his team held mid and home? That’s a pretty bad tactic… regardless of CC exploitation, he was pooched.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

(also not a decap engi)
(am I hardcore pvper, thats too subjective to argue sensibly, I do like to play pvp tho?)

Same here but I am engi and yes, I have a skyhammer build.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Locuz.2651

To be fair… it was a poor camera angle to be in such a defensive position. You can’t see anything approaching what-so-ever.

Also, I’m aware that it has nothing to do with the point that the engi’s tactic was broken… but.. why is he solo capping far when his team held mid and home? That’s a pretty bad tactic… regardless of CC exploitation, he was pooched.

It wasnt the start of the game so he needed to watch both glass panels. Especially since its far, right next to the enemy spawn. And its not like watching for inc does anything vs a good engi that knows how and where to abuse los to avoid getting spotted before the pull.

They had map control or probably wiped the opposing team in the middle. There is nothing wrong with decapping or even full capping a far point if the oppertunity is there.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: SlyFoxSays.5342

SlyFoxSays.5342

Sky hammer is busy. Jump pads, break away flooring/death drops, and of course, the big surface area whammy that is the hammer. Certainly positioning is key and, yes, it takes some degree of skill to finesse this map, but is it in line with the other maps? The fact that this map has three gimmick features, sets it a apart. That it isn’t in Tpvp rotation, seems worth mentioning, as well.

Love it or hate it, its obviously got some mixed reviews and isn’t going anywhere, but it won’t ever be celebrated by the community, either.

“You must always know where your towel is.”

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

(also not a decap engi)

Thanks for making my point

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

(also not a decap engi)

I absolute agree with you but on this map is engi/thief/mesmer better but on other maps are warrior/thief/necro/spirit ranger/guardian better. That’s life

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Locuz.2651

I absolute agree with you but on this map is engi/thief/mesmer better but on other maps are warrior/thief/necro/spirit ranger/guardian better. That’s life

The problem of that map isnt classbalance. Its the type of skills that are needed to be succesfull.

One of the main reasons GW2s pvp flopped is that quite a few classes lack depth. Experienced cross-game pvpers know that killing people while using only 1 or 2 (often poorly telegraphed) abbilities doesnt offer enough depth to create a long term pvp experience. So most hardcore wow arena players (for example) stayed away.

Skyhammer illustrates exactly whats wrong with GW2s pvp. Uncounterable 1 shots via pull offs etc.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Probably works undercover for A-Net . . .

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

(also not a decap engi)

I dont know what advantage other classes have on the other maps can you 1 shot people on the other maps with those classes?

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

(also not a decap engi)

I dont know what advantage other classes have on the other maps can you 1 shot people on the other maps with those classes?

No you cannot. But if your Team is Guardian, warrior, warrior, necro or spirit ranger, thief vs engi, engi, thief,thief, Mesmer you will mostly win in every other map. On skyhammer you will proberbly lose

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

That is a balance issue resulting from 1 game-mode only (conquest) not the map itself…

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m actually amazed that Skyhammer isn’t in tPvP, yet it’s in Solo que.. the map isn’t very noob friendly because positioning is absolute KEY in that map. And one trend i’ve noticed is that out of all my friends and guildies the ones that are good at positioning absolutely love the map (such as myself), yet all of those that suck at positioning (such as my best friend) absolutely despise the map and everything it stands for.

In Tournies I feel like it’d be a very good map to not only play on because you’d (hopefully) be playing with a group of competent players, but it’d also be a VERY fun map to watch and has an absolute ton of come back potential due to The Hammer and the potential to send someone into a chasm.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

I’m actually amazed that Skyhammer isn’t in tPvP, yet it’s in Solo que.. the map isn’t very noob friendly because positioning is absolute KEY in that map. And one trend i’ve noticed is that out of all my friends and guildies the ones that are good at positioning absolutely love the map (such as myself), yet all of those that suck at positioning (such as my best friend) absolutely despise the map and everything it stands for.

In Tournies I feel like it’d be a very good map to not only play on because you’d (hopefully) be playing with a group of competent players, but it’d also be a VERY fun map to watch and has an absolute ton of come back potential due to The Hammer and the potential to send someone into a chasm.

What class do you play master of positioning?

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

I play a Ranger (LB+ S/WH) main, with Ele(Staff) and Mesmer(Staff +Scepter/Torch) as my alts

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

I play a Ranger (LB+ S/WH) main, with Ele(Staff) and Mesmer(Staff +Scepter/Torch) as my alts

So rampage has one for stability for 20 secs and knockback on bow?
Thank you master of positioning.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

So rampage has one for stability for 20 secs and knockback on bow?
Thank you master of positioning.

I use The Spirit, i have no stability access in my build what so ever, I run MT, LR and SotH with Healing Spring and Spirit of Nature.

Having Access to a single knock back is hardly going to win me a fight if i try and just “spam it” I mean even with proper positioning it’s very rarely i’ll actually kill a good player with it because ether won’t give me the right angle without me giving up my safety (and damage) at range.

Skyhammer Love

in PvP

dylan.5409

Woudnt be so bad if the requirement to drop someone off the map were increased. I dont think it would bug me nearly as much if it took even just 2 cc’s to knock someone off. For example a hunter using knockback followed by an engineer with any 1 of their 1000 cc’s. A little co-ordination/skill and maybe a chance to break the chain would end a lot of the qq.