Skyhammer beta and farming

in PvP

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Hi all,

For a few months now i have been admin on a bunch of custom arenas and hosting rankfarm games on the skyhammer map.
Im part of a 200+ guild that has formed around this type of farming, and for the benifit of that guild (and anyone that enjoys rankfarm) last week I decided to buy my own custom arena.

So yesterday i was very sad to see the new skyhammer map come and basicly all the glass platforms dissapear… couldnt we just have the one under B back for us rankfarmlovers?

I am aware that there is a ‘new’ farm… but that’s not why i spend 300+g on a custom arena..

For Glade and Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

Haha, I think i’ve seen everything on this forum.

9/10 bait

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’m always all for letting people play their way and enjoy the game however they like.

sat for about 5 mins thinking of a nice way to say no… but can’t so i’ll stop thinking and just say, no.

in PvP

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

thatll be a no, ranks really arent hard to get, play enough and youll rank up plenty.

Desolation [KISS]

in PvP

Galowin.6089

thanks for the kind comments, always a reminder of the ‘nicest’ mmo community.

Ive been rank 80 for dunno how long, so thats not what i do it for, some ppl do worldboss rotation and just hit 1 on a boss, i prefer doing something else for easy farm, dunno why some ppl are so offended by this.

For Glade and Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

Ive been rank 80 for dunno how long, so thats not what i do it for, some ppl do worldboss rotation and just hit 1 on a boss, i prefer doing something else for easy farm, dunno why some ppl are so offended by this.

Because you are basically asking for them to add a way to “cheat the system”.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Because the maps aren’t there to please a bunch of farmers. They’re there for players. This is PvP, not PvE.

in PvP

Galowin.6089

Because the maps aren’t there to please a bunch of farmers. They’re there for players. This is PvP, not PvE.

All i just asked was for anet to not forget the ‘play however you want’ mentality they set out for this game, and that they most likely without realizing it removed a way ppl liked playing on the skyhammer map.

as for ‘this is PvP, not PvE’, i had a remark about how you seem to belong to a higher class of players since your a PvP’er, but i didnt come here to start a fight such bs.
I’ve enjoyed GW2 in all its facets so far, I’m just sad that I spend 300g for something i like to have it taken away from me after a week.
Also i’d much rather have em work on underwater combat bc capricorn showed the potential underwater combat has, even though it seems they chose to abbandon it instead of optimizing it.

For Glade and Glory

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I haven’t been into the map yet, but there is not even a single way to die in that map? Why not have everyone just run into eachother attacking without using heals after one team captures all the points.

I myself used these maps from time to time to finish a daily (before the recent change to pvp dailies) And the general idea was to run into each other, hit everyone and jump to your death. There was also players that would help you get defender daily or what not at b. So, it is going to be slower, but couldn’t they just slaughter each other for a slower yet similar effect. I’ve seen many players in there go down before jumping due to 1 spam of other players, it can’t take too much longer to snuff that player. In fact, this could actually be wicked fun, just large 5v5 battle royals, where you ignore points until the time runs out. (one team holding all 3) Players could take turns killing each other if one team is superior. Either way, I miss courtyard and would play that sometimes.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

All i just asked was for anet to not forget the ‘play however you want’ mentality they set out for this game, and that they most likely without realizing it removed a way ppl liked playing on the skyhammer map.

as for ‘this is PvP, not PvE’, i had a remark about how you seem to belong to a higher class of players since your a PvP’er, but i didnt come here to start a fight such bs.

It’s not a higher class. It’s just different.

A PvP map should be designed for PvP play, not for farming ranks in the fastest way possible. And the changes to Skyhammer are done exactly for that: PvP play.

How would you feel if all PvPers start to complain that they can’t PK other players in open world zones?

PvP is one thing, PvE is another. Let’s keep these two separate and with their own design goal in mind.

And btw, it’s not THAT hard to just cap 3 points and then all the blue team goes under the red team spawn and just kill them there with aoes.