Skyhammer hate?

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

Yo fellas!

So i’m new to pvp and i noticed that my favorite map is always the least voted. What’s so bad about skyhammer?

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Erindriel.2351

Erindriel.2351

You don’t bring a giant death laser into PLAYER versus PLAYER.

not to mention the stupid (bugged?) holes in the ground and being feared off the corner of the map every. single. freaking. time!

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

You don’t bring a giant death laser into PLAYER versus PLAYER.

Why not? It does basically the same thing as a trebuchet except it’s easier to dodge, yet nobody complains about Kyhlo.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The hammer has a much stronger place in sky hammer than the trebuchet in Kyhlo. I rarely see people using trebuchet in Kyhlo while I rarely see Skyhammer not being used or fought over.
Also, you can destroy the trebuchets, not the hammer.

Also, as said, You often get thrown out of the map or immobilized on the glass etc…

So basically, it is a map where the mechanics takes completely over the fight. It is not fun. In general, the fights which have the least amount of mechanics (Forest/Foefire) are the favorite. Yes, they do have creatures/lord, but that does not prevent or disturb the fight, this just makes it one more objective (and I would actually prefer Foefire without the lord).

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

People are most upset that some builds have more advantage then others because of stability and knock backs. Since there is no build templates this makes it hard for players to switch between builds. Since the map has a lot of instant death drops some players get frustrated. I think there would be less QQ if one of two things happened. Build templates were introduced or the map was altered a bit to have more damaging falls but less instant death falls. Hope this helps.

Also to those complaining about hammer… at least now you can dodge it :/ before you couldn’t even dodge the cannon which was REALLY frustrating.

Necromancer Main

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

I hate deathmatch far more…… when it comes to unranked its very really i get into a game where its a close match its easy you win or you get completely stomped. My only hate with skyhammer is how buggy and poorly designed the jump pads are.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

I would like all maps in ranked. The skyhammer map requires more positioning awareness than most. I like having more challenges in pvp besides just standing on a point.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

People hate skyhammer because it isn’t a map about fighting. It is a map about who can use the first gimmick to pull someone through the floor panels.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

Skyhammer is one of the better maps and it’s because of it’s verticality and need for more situation awareness. players generally don’t like to think about the environment and instead want to just KILL KILL KILL and think of nothing else, whether that be in a zergball or something else. i vote for Skyhammer as much as possible because i find it refreshing honestly.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Skyhammer is a troll map that gets voted in by troll builds…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Because there’s no balance on that map. You want to know how to win basically 100% of skyhammer matches?

Play as necro → Go get the skyhammer → if anyone tries to take the hammer from you, fear them off the edge → profit

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

skyhammer is an abomination that should never have made it out of testing,
and certainly shouldn’t be in the unranked rotation.

there was a skyhammer hate thread with over 2000 posts of us all releasing our visceral hatred for the abomination, but Anet have simply ignored it and people have eventually stopped trying…
now we just hope that noone picks it, since a 9v1 vote can still land you on the map that 99% of the playerbase utterly despise.

i vote for Skyhammer as much as possible because i find it refreshing honestly.

i hope you end up on my team so you can enjoy a refreshing 4v5.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

The fact alone that you can get up to blue base and camp people there should be enough of a reason.. Worse map ever that should be simply deleted.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Terimac.5871

Man, most of you guys are so salty :P I guess you guys prefer the braindead playstyle couryards offer.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

Man, most of you guys are so salty :P I guess you guys prefer the braindead playstyle couryards offer.

We are speaking about PvP, so how is fighting players braindead? Isn’t that the point?
When a map distracts you from that (Skyhammer is one, Stronghold may be even worse) to force you play gimmicks, this is not fun.

Sitting on the hammer to kill people is not PvP.
Killing people by pushing them over, that is barely PvP.
Playing a match where you have to kill the NPC guards, so that your NPC allies destroy the (NPC) gates so that you can reach the NPC lord and kill it with the help of your NPC heroes… That’s PvE.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Terimac.5871

We are speaking about PvP, so how is fighting players braindead? Isn’t that the point?
When a map distracts you from that (Skyhammer is one, Stronghold may be even worse) to force you play gimmicks, this is not fun.

Playing a match where you have to kill the NPC guards, so that your NPC allies destroy the (NPC) gates so that you can reach the NPC lord and kill it with the help of your NPC heroes… That’s PvE.

I dunno why you are complaining about a guy camping the hammer? How hard is it to go there and have a proper 1vs1? That’s what i do and i love it.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Kalriostraz.6819

Kalriostraz.6819

I dunno why you are complaining about a guy camping the hammer? How hard is it to go there and have a proper 1vs1? That’s what i do and i love it.

Proper 1v1? 80% of my fights up there end with one of us going off the edge or through the glass. If you call that a proper 1v1 then I’m very confused. Also I don’t see anyone here saying they like courtyard. That map is also trash.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

Proper 1v1? 80% of my fights up there end with one of us going off the edge or through the glass. If you call that a proper 1v1 then I’m very confused. Also I don’t see anyone here saying they like courtyard. That map is also trash.

Exactly, fighting there is just plain boring if you play a class without fear/push and with little access to stability.

On the other hand, I like courtyard, or at least death match (I don’t like the map that much, but I like the format). But here again, it is very build dependent so we need build templates…

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

The problem with Hammer in my opinion is that with trait changes, balance changes, new specializations, etc… some professions get an edge over others. If a ranger has push, taunt, fear, immoblize, it can be very difficult for some to deal with. On the other side of that, professions like mesmer don’t have as much CC and stability, so right away it feels like there is a distinct mechanic gap.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Proper 1v1? That’s the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard unless your main is a necro. Explain how it’s a “proper” 1v1 when the skyhammer area is like 10 feet by 20 feet and a necro can fear you so that you run 15 feet right off the platform.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Willing to swap BOTH skyhammer and spirit watch for a single raid on the capricorn

EU since Aug 2012

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Willing to swap BOTH skyhammer and spirit watch for a single raid on the capricorn

capricorn actually had everything bad for PVP in it,
1. a cannon
2. NPCs
3. it went one step further and threw in mandatory water combat.

Anet need to learn to make simple maps,
theres a reason Forest and Foefire are picked by 7 out of 8 players every game,
no gimmicky fall damage, no cannons, the NPCs are merely objectives to cap.
just a bunch of capture points, simple.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

1. a cannon
2. NPCs

Capricorn was tons better than the failed lumps of fecal matter that is Skyhammer/Spirit Watch/Courtyard.

The reason for Capricorns removal remains the most lame thing Anet has ever done as well. I will never get over how they simply couldn’t be bothered to balance underwater combat and just straight up removed all instances of it in PvP.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Wicked Demiurge.3107

Wicked Demiurge.3107

Skyhammer isn’t sPVP, it’s a minigame in the wrong queue. You either CC people off the edges, or kill them with the hammer with no real counterplay.

It really needs to be removed from the queue. I consider it one of the worst maps not only in GW2, but in the genre.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

1. a cannon
2. NPCs

1. the cannon was at most a mild problem with the 10×10 map zerg. the cannon damage was menial compared to laser and treb. It was also ez to avoid.
2. the NPC goldfish I never considered a threat
3. water combat was the reason the map had to be eliminated. The couldn’t bring the water combat upto date with the april 2014 major patch. otherwise, I had no problems with water fights

EU since Aug 2012

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: EgyptRaider.3946

EgyptRaider.3946

I love Skyhammer… and seeing my 1v9 vote on Skyhammer win makes me giggle ^^ #haterzgonnahate

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Feel free to come for your 1v1 while I pop my tornado on the tiny ledge…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Terimac.5871

Feel free to come for your 1v1 while I pop my tornado on the tiny ledge…

Nothing can stop my future dragon hunter. Me and my bow against the world.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

I play SPvP for the player versus player, not the cannon versus player. That thing is so strong that you are mandated into fighting over it, and when you take it, some kitten of a Guardian comes along and immediately punts you off. Its a gimmick of a map.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I laugh when ppl go on this map trying to win. I go in with the intent not to win but to have a good laugh when i push or pull ppl off the ledge.. It’s that funny.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

See sig /15char

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Bad players don’t like to accept they have poor positioning and can get knocked off the map. The only cheesy thing is stealth pull.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: slurry.2716

slurry.2716

Just go in with stealth pulls and knockback and flamethrower and have a blast. Don’t actually try to win skyhammer.
You can easily dodge hammer too

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

It’s actually a good time map once you pull away from the lets win this mentality. But only on this map do.

Once you do that & switch up for pull, push, fear builds & focus on how many times you can throw enemies down the pit with in a match.. it becomes hilarious & actually enjoyable. Try it, you’l see i’m right.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

we had feedback a lot of time asking for the removal of SKYHAMMER, SPIRIT WATCH AND COURTYARD…but Anet just choose to ignore us. Maybe they did listen tht’s why they change the map selection into voting its a improvement but i would rather they would auto select the map that got the most vote.

i know ranger love skyhammer reason is because they can knock anyone out at the hammer area. For the love of the game just remove skyhammer, spirit watch and courtyard. me and my guild memeber will continue to afk when we got these map

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I friggin love Skyhammer, but i may be biased since I main engi and off-main Necro
The fun is exactly that you use the map against your foes. I mean, when you use pillars/corners to LoS enemies is good, but if you use holes to pull/push is bad? Meh.
They should use it in official tpurnaments, imho!

On a totally unrelated note, fix and bring back “Raid on the Capricorn” map
/nostalgia off

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

People offered you several reasoned arguments that contradict your opinion in a polite and grown up discussion.

And your best comeback are insults and simplifying assumptions?

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Skyhammer favors rather sketchy yank and push builds to hold down positions and some classes only have so much defense against those before it’s easy to take a cheesy death.

Along with that a good yank/pull bunker can hold hammer and completely imbalance the match for the other team. Along with the fact the portal-gate to hammer can be capped really hard with no way to dodge through some incoming fields. I know my MM has more then a few times blasted someone to oblivion seconds after they’ve gotten through the gate. It’s a really unfair chokepoint with no proper way to get through without eating damage from someone paying attention.

The difference between Khylo and Hammer is the treb takes time to aim and skill to fire accurately. The hammer is point and click and can insta-win the game for your team if you get at least a half braindead monkey on it.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

(edited by WereDragon.6083)

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

pvp is player vs player and not P+canonvsPvsholestheground ….
also the new gamemode P+NPCsvsP

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

Anet keep repeating their mistake…apparently they dun understand the meaning of pvp. PVP = player versus player good example of ANET mistake the new pvp map stronghold is basically like who rush the gate/boss faster who win the game. WVW had also become more pve focus as well. Anet is slowly moving away from their core concept a MMO that is truly unique to a MMO that copy others to cater to a larger audience

(edited by princode.2750)

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

In essence most players that queue up are looking for fun duels and team fights, once in a while I like throwing players off the map and drop m dead on the floor but more often than not I’m not looking for that type of play. At the end of the day these maps do not belong in a conquest queue where most players are looking for capture the point type of play and 1/2 players who enjoy skyhammer/court yard/spirit watch get paired up with them.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Anet keep repeating their mistake…apparently they dun understand the meaning of pvp. PVP = player versus player good example of ANET mistake the new pvp map stronghold is basically like who rush the gate/boss faster who win the game. WVW had also become more pve focus as well. Anet is slowly moving away from their core concept a MMO that is truly unique to a MMO that copy others to cater to a larger audience

Yet, the most famous and played pvp game is League of Legends, which is an extended (both in mechanic and time) version of Stronghold.
Kappa

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

1. a cannon
2. NPCs

That Forest is even allowed in tournaments is quite funny thou. It’s asymetrical and and quite imbalanced on that. Svanir is a much tougher fight than Chieftain.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Bad players really dont understand how kittened this map can be if you play vs good engis like me.

Used to dominate kitten Skyhammer when it was still in the rotation. Up to a point where i made worldchamps like ROM and hellseth ragequit while they where streaming. Had games where i pulled guys like that 4-5 times during a single game…

In games with bad players the map is ok…since you rarely get pulled. These days the map only excists in non rated (haven for bad players) so its not that bad.

It was literally like this on my engi:

- Roam from our home to far without sticking/dedicating to one point. Dedicating to one point means that people know that u are there during a certain moment/when they run up to a point.
- Wait untill your pull target engages in a 1v1 or w/e. wait for a dodge and (preferably stealth pull right after (down the hole).

Its literally uncounterable if the guy who pulls executes well.

- Stab does nothing since the guy who pulls will just wait till a moment without stab…and there is no perma stab.
- Positioning does nothing either. Pulls can be from anywhere iuncluding on top of the ledges. The pull will happen after u start fighting over a point, so its very likely your fighting on top or close to the point anyway.
- Playing that “right build” to counter it does nothing either since there is no build that is immune to pulls.

So i was basicly boxing with someone who was allready boxing 1v1, where i basicly suckerpunched him from the back.

Its basicly uncounterable and cheap.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Personally, I like skyhammer. With a little bit of logic and decent teammates, it’s not terrible to play. Can be quite fun, in fact. Unfortunately I always seem to be unlucky with the teammates I get, and since I play solo as a general rule.. shrug I typically opt to vote for something else.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Hahaha, good lord, the amount of bitterness towards Skyhammer is apocalyptic in this thread, as though by playing it, the map somehow gravely insults people’s ancestors.

Personally, I enjoy maps with some environmental mayhem. Sure, some classes may have advantages over others in those situations, but whatever. It isn’t like a “normal” map is balanced around every class, either.

I do, however, think build templates are a great idea for people to be able to swap between maps if necessary.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Hahaha, good lord, the amount of bitterness towards Skyhammer is apocalyptic in this thread, as though by playing it, the map somehow gravely insults people’s ancestors.

Personally, I enjoy maps with some environmental mayhem. Sure, some classes may have advantages over others in those situations, but whatever. It isn’t like a “normal” map is balanced around every class, either.

I do, however, think build templates are a great idea for people to be able to swap between maps if necessary.

Well if you played solo queue a year ago it pretty much does, couldn’t dodge hammer back then and panels disappeared almost instantly and even if the person was stealthed. Was no vote system so you were forced to take this kitten map randomly.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I fully support build templates for pvp purposes. Hopefully we see them Soon™ after HoT

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

we had feedback a lot of time asking for the removal of SKYHAMMER, SPIRIT WATCH AND COURTYARD…but Anet just choose to ignore us.

Play ranked if you want to avoid them. Unranked should be for all options.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Skyhammer hate?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Actually, those maps are more suitable for ranked where there is more likely to be the team play that they require.