Skyhammer is an original and fun map, keep

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Q:

· It is a fun map.
· It is original.
·It allows you to play an special build for that map, instead having to run the horrible meta time over time.
·Cannon is balanced, you can easily see it coming, not like trebuchets (you dont always have the perfect camera position to check treb), and you have enough time to get out of range.
·And yes, smart use of stability, knockbacks, pushes, pulls, launchs, engages and disengages is key for this map.

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

A:

dude it doesnt favor certain classes.

-Engineers have massive cc via bombs, knockbacks, pulls.
-Rangers have n4 longbow, pet fear, lsword knockback.
-mesmers have pulls.
-guardians got launchs stabilities.
-necros got fear.
-wars got launchs too.
-eles also have some launch skills.

it is a really l2p issue wether u want to see it or not.
saying guardian is a lil bit better and necro for that map doesnt change anything

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Just gonna copy this.

A map that favors certain professions is not a balanced map and thus shouldnt be expected to be on rotation for a competitive leaderboard Queue.

My only problem with Skyhammer in SoloQ is that benefits some classes in detriment of others.

Right now, not even in a PvP-mapwide analysis every class is balanced, they are not. And having a map aggravate this issue is just bad in my opinion.

Let’s say you play a Necro, besides being at the top of the food chain currently, if the map happens to be Skyhammer you get an added bonus on top of it, and that’s not okay. When I go SoloQ I want to play my class regardless of the Map that is generated and not be punished by it. Currently you should reroll to a Guardian or Necro if you happen to get Skyhammer on SoloQ as it significantly increases your chances of winning. You should be rewarded for playing your class right, not by switching to classes as the maps require.

A map that favors certain professions is not a balanced map and thus shouldnt be expected to be on rotation for a competitive leaderboard Queue.

Current Meta is bad already, we don’t need a map that makes the crap we already have even worse.

I have no problem in feeling like I got outplayed and learning from that mistake and positioning myself to prevent that from happening again .

Problem is there are clearly apex predators in Skyhammer.

Lets do the comparison in Guardians vs Thieves, who is rewarded the most by its positioning?
I’m pretty sure it’s the Guardians, more access to skills that can move the enemy and aegis/stability than Thieves results in more easily “outplaying” the enemy.
Even if the Thief went as far as stacking up some stealth before sneaking in on the cap point and trying to surprise the Guardian, that is sitted on point, by pulling him into the glass panes, the Guardian has passive Aegis and that means you have to blow an attack before doing the pull, thus giving away your position AND intention.

Do I like the map? Yes.

Does it need to balanced/polished? Definitely. And it shouldn’t be on a ranked rotation until such happens.

All Im saying is, ArenaNet, take Skyhammer out of the SoloQ rotation and do some meetings about where you want to go with the design on this map, and balance and polish it. After thats been done then they can put it back in rotation.

I really, really wanted this to be a L2P issue, unfortunately this is simply a case of bad design.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Couldn’t have said it better.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: NanoNaps.7029

NanoNaps.7029

It’s definitely not a l2p issue, things like instant death cliffs and breaking ground does not belong into a game like this if it wants to be competitive.

Fighting for A or C on Skyhammer is just so ridiculously restrictive, even arguing for that being a l2p issue is just stupid. A good map allows for tactical plays and does not restrict them.

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Original? lol.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Just gonna copy this.

My only problem with Skyhammer in SoloQ is that benefits some classes in detriment of others.

Right now, not even in a PvP-mapwide analysis every class is balanced, they are not. And having a map aggravate this issue is just bad in my opinion.

Let’s say you play a Necro, besides being at the top of the food chain currently, if the map happens to be Skyhammer you get an added bonus on top of it, and that’s not okay. When I go SoloQ I want to play my class regardless of the Map that is generated and not be punished by it. Currently you should reroll to a Guardian or Necro if you happen to get Skyhammer on SoloQ as it significantly increases your chances of winning. You should be rewarded for playing your class right, not by switching to classes as the maps require.

Current Meta is bad already, we don’t need a map that makes the crap we already have even worse.

I have no problem in feeling like I got outplayed and learning from that mistake and positioning myself to prevent that from happening again .

Problem is there are clearly apex predators in Skyhammer.

Lets do the comparison in Guardians vs Thieves, who is rewarded the most by its positioning?
I’m pretty sure it’s the Guardians, more access to skills that can move the enemy and aegis/stability than Thieves results in more easily “outplaying” the enemy.
Even if the Thief went as far as stacking up some stealth before sneaking in on the cap point and trying to surprise the Guardian, that is sitted on point, by pulling him into the glass panes, the Guardian has passive Aegis and that means you have to blow an attack before doing the pull, thus giving away your position AND intention.

Do I like the map? Yes.

Does it need to balanced/polished? Definitely. And it shouldn’t be on a ranked rotation until such happens.

All Im saying is, ArenaNet, take Skyhammer out of the SoloQ rotation and do some meetings about where you want to go with the design on this map, and balance and polish it. After thats been done then they can put it back in rotation.

I really, really wanted this to be a L2P issue, unfortunately this is simply a case of bad design.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Oh glad you picked your own answer as the best one! Well guess this topic has been perfectly enlighted! Wow! What a productive and healthy discussion!

I see you couldnt even read what I typed. Because if you understood simple English you would have realised by now that you are wrong and you posed no arguments to say otherwise.

Also funny you haven’t even mentioned thieves, nor that the number of those displacement skills are clearly unbalanced across the board.

Some have way more access to offensive displacement skills than the others, some have way more access to defensive boons to prevent said displacement skills from actually harming you (stability), and some classes have both.

/WhatAJoke

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is a fine map for hot join. It is just a horrible map for team or solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Great map. Teaches you to play a bit different and that’s always fun.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Couldn’t have said it better.

This