Slickshoes 4-5 seconds KD superiority.

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

The skill knockdowns, even if you don’t move. U can’t stand still, can’t use any skill. It’s knock down on repeat. The description is wrong and the skill is one of the highest cc’s in game it’s aoe and easiest to land. Low CD. 100-0 ppl with no stun breaker.

Would like a programmer to look at it. Don’t need comments from people who don’t have atleast 10 000 pvp games. Thx.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

The fact that it can be layered is really the main problem with it. It takes 0 skill to run back and forth over an opponent for chain KDs. If Anet fixes it so that you CAN’T stack multiple aoe rings from it on top of each other, it will be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Use Stability.
Use a Teleport.
If you dont have these, you can only be an Engi yourslef → slot them in and do the same to your opponent.

If you use your cooldowns wrong it’s entirely your problem. If you didn’t have an escape ready when approaching a fight against a Slick Shoes Engi, that’s your fault.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

100-0 ppl with no stun breaker.

You should really slot a stunbreaker. At least one. There are so many knockdowns and stuns in the game from all professions. Stunlock warriors, mesmers, thieves – it’s not just engineer. Slick shoes can be countered. You need positional awareness, and yes, a stunbreaker.

Don’t need comments from people who don’t have atleast 10 000 pvp games. Thx.

Aw crap, I guess I’m not qualified. Disregard, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Yes….goood….Everyone off the ele hate-train and pile onto the engie hate train hardcore!!!

In all seriousness, the skill is just a little-bit too good due to incredibly strong offense + amazing defensive capabilities (very low CD stunbreak + gtfo/mobility) that fits perfectly into engie’s needs. Putting the stunbreak on a 30s CD was kinda too much.

Engie is the only class that I can remember that was buffed when most already considered them S-tier.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I have a feeling that OP has a habit to step on “mines” on sidewalks too.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

At least you can gank engis easy if they use slick shoes. Slick shoes makes engi dueling favorable but Elixir S is still better for massive team fights.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

The skill knockdowns, even if you don’t move. U can’t stand still, can’t use any skill. It’s knock down on repeat. The description is wrong and the skill is one of the highest cc’s in game it’s aoe and easiest to land. Low CD. 100-0 ppl with no stun breaker.

Would like a programmer to look at it. Don’t need comments from people who don’t have atleast 10 000 pvp games. Thx.

Totally agree…in 1v1 you can usually get out before the engi manages to complete the circle of permakd around you but in tf there’s no way to spot it until you’re totally screwed. It’s basically a 3 sec permastun, if you have no stability or stunbreak off cd it’s done….and on top of that there’s usually a crate coming on your head too right after.

They should make it going in a straight line like burning speed, just stunbreak and go forward leaving the kd stuff behind you…but being able to trap and permakd ppl inside that crap is totally broken

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Archaon.9524

100-0 ppl with no stun breaker.

You should really slot a stunbreaker. At least one. There are so many knockdowns and stuns in the game from all professions. Stunlock warriors, mesmers, thieves – it’s not just engineer. Slick shoes can be countered. You need positional awareness, and yes, a stunbreaker.

Aw crap, I guess I’m not qualified. Disregard, I guess.

Yeah you definately not qualified since i’m pretty sure phd is already running at least one stunbreaker (Probably 2 like pretty much any other war around) but you know, since engis can spam knockbacks and kitten 24/7 you can’t just save them for slick shoes only. And ofc doesn’t take that much brain to just wait for you to use your stuff before permakd you to death….with a cc spamming bs class like engi is not that hard to do, since your stunbreakers are on longer cd that his cc crap it’s just a matter of time..

Have to say the 10k pvp matches thing has a point, they should make a forum’s filter out of it

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If the “only moving foes are knocked down” part was working, that would be fine but it doesn’t work at times. Knowing that, I think the KD duration should be 1sec instead of 2s, just to compensate for the glitchiness.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Yeah you definately not qualified since i’m pretty sure phd is already running at least one stunbreaker

Actually, he isn’t. :p

Thief

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Yeah you definately not qualified since i’m pretty sure phd is already running at least one stunbreaker

Wtf, even shout war has stunbreak on shake it off…pretty much all war specs usually have at least one stunbreak u.u

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Screen shot or you don’t have 10k pvp games yourself.

IF you have 10k pvp games, and still have problems with Slickshoes, you are the perfect examples that the number of played games means nothing.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Goonies OP, Data was the man

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Wtf, even shout war has stunbreak on shake it off…pretty much all war specs usually have at least one stunbreak u.u

I might be wrong, but last I queued against him, he ran a Distraction Strike warrior with Fear Me, Berserker Stance and Signet of Stamina/Endure Pain (which doesn’t help get out of Slick Shoes either way).

Thief

(edited by Rome.3192)

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I might be wrong, but last I queued against him, he ran a Distraction Strike warrior with Fear Me, Berserker Stance and Signet of Stamina/Endure Pain (which doesn’t help get out of Slick Shoes either way).

signet of stamina and zerk stance is pretty extreme stuff ._.

…did you have like 2 condi necs or something like that?

and yeas breakstun without stability is useless anyway vs dat broken crap, also i have to say there’s a great increase of engis running dat kitten atm, guess they found out they can actually be even more reterded with that

ez mode wars 2

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Kees Flodder.1269

Kees Flodder.1269

Only a stunbreaker wont do anything against slickshoes ,it needsto be a stability skill..

Amsterdam, The dream, The City

in PvP

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Engis have little to no stability pending on build. PvP is all about CC and you can destroy an engi by using tons of CC. SO why not prevent the engi from getting anywhere near you?

Tips from me.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Engis have little to no stability pending on build. PvP is all about CC and you can destroy an engi by using tons of CC. SO why not prevent the engi from getting anywhere near you?

Tips from me.

They have a leap, a pull, several stuns, cripple, chills. If we want to use your strat of playing keep away then remove those as well.

in PvP

Posted by: cooldumbname.8594

cooldumbname.8594

10k games played = good?

in PvP

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I don’t think the number of games played = skill.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Not all stunbreakers provide stability. A stunbreaker that is used right under heaving control effect spam may have no effect. And stability won’t save you when they are adding condition removal spam to the mix.

Anyways, the first change they should do to that skill is changing it so it only works on moving foes moving at least at normal walking speed on the oil. Chilled? Crippled? No knockdown. Slick Shoes already give Superspeed as an advantage over slowed foes.

Also, all oilsludges should share their effect, so you can’t be knocked down again before the previous knockdown ends by another puddle produced by the same the skill.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Finally some usable gadget skill that Engineer “might” consider using over elixir and kits, and then yet again people want to nerf it down… And those people usually are the ones shouting about the lack of diversity in builds…
People these days…

Maybe the reason why they make the slick shoes the way it is now is exactly their intention, to make Engineer consider some skills other than elixir and kits.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Finally some usable gadget skill that Engineer “might” consider using over elixir and kits, and then yet again people want to nerf it down… And those people usually are the one shouting about the lack of diversity in builds…
People these days…

Maybe the reason why they make the slick shoes the way it is now is exactly their intention, to make Engineer consider some skills other than elixir and kits.

Hi, I play my Engineer quiet often. I refuse to use Slick Shoes because of how broken it is. There are plenty of ways to tone the skill down to still have it effective and usable without it being patently OP.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in PvP

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

slick shoes and knockdowns are broken? its called a simple stability or blink to solve all your knockdown issues

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

lol slick shoes isn’t that good. This is a clear L2P issue I am afraid.

If OP would actually learn how to either avoid it or use stability/port out then it would be fine.

Also hilarious as OP plays a warrior which has a ton of HP and stability. So how is he moaning about this skill?

Honestly slick shoes is really NOT GOOD AT ALL. In general I think engineer got mega nerfed with the might patch. I didn’t think it would be the case, I thought the balance patch would do nothing.

But in fact it was an incredible balance patch and it really made engineer balanced. So OP clearly needs to L2P.

If anything engi needs some buffs now not nerfs. I think healing turret has way too short a cd. Would love for that to be reduced or make it instant cast.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

slick shoes and knockdowns are broken? its called a simple stability or blink to solve all your knockdown issues

+1, you are 100% right, I said above there is a clear l2p issue for OP

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

If OP would actually learn how to either avoid it or use stability/port out then it would be fine.

Also hilarious as OP plays a warrior which has a ton of HP and stability. So how is he moaning about this skill?

Honestly slick shoes is really NOT GOOD AT ALL. In general I think engineer got mega nerfed with the might patch. I didn’t think it would be the case, I thought the balance patch would do nothing.

But in fact it was an incredible balance patch and it really made engineer balanced. So OP clearly needs to L2P.

If anything engi needs some buffs now not nerfs. I think healing turret has way too short a cd. Would love for that to be reduced or make it instant cast.

Funny. When engis got touched the least out of the cele builds. I wanna know what you would say if you were playing dd ele. Unviable? There’s still need to be something done about IP and overcharged shot.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Funny. When engis got touched the least out of the cele builds. I wanna know what you would say if you were playing dd ele. Unviable? There’s still need to be something done about IP and overcharged shot.

LOL if you complain about IP and overcharged shot then this is a clear L2P issue I am afraid. Engineers have been nerfed over and over. In fact recently that might patch destroyed engineer. You literally dont see them anymore. They just suck now.

Hint: to stop IP then save your condi cleanse for it. Come on dude. Easy. Engineer is rly bad now.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

LOL if you complain about IP and overcharged shot then this is a clear L2P issue I am afraid. Engineers have been nerfed over and over. In fact recently that might patch destroyed engineer. You literally dont see them anymore. They just suck now.

Hint: to stop IP then save your condi cleanse for it. Come on dude. Easy. Engineer is rly bad now.

There is so much kitten in this post, I don’t even know if you’re not trolling. L2P issue? Yeah, IP is something you can dodge easily. It procs every 10 seconds, most condi removals have longer cd. Add an icon for it, lower the duration, or increase cooldown, I don’t really care, just do something. Overcharged shot should be changed the same way as Point Blank Shot was. Instant knockdown on such a low cooldown shouldn’t be…well, instant. Add a cast time, reduce the punishment for the egni and we’re fine. Not like they lack cc anyway.

Yes, I do see them still a lot.
No, they don’t suck.
No, they’re not bad.
Ele was nerfed harder and it wasn’t even a giant nerf. L2P issue you say? I might have bad news for you.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

According to one of the best engis in game (Chaith) not much changed for celestial Engineer… but clearly you know better.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

According to one of the best engis in game (Chaith) not much changed for celestial Engineer… but clearly you know better.

lol dude engineer is bad. And slick shoes is really underpowered. Dont know what game you are playing but its obvious. Just port out or use stability vs slick shoes….come on

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

lol dude engineer is bad. And slick shoes is really underpowered. Dont know what game you are playing but its obvious. Just port out or use stability vs slick shoes….come on

Im playing game where two the best classes are: Engineer and Elementalist. However I’m not really sure, what game are YOU playing.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Im playing game where two the best classes are: Engineer and Elementalist. However I’m not really sure, what game are YOU playing.

lol dude ele isn’t that good.

Has lowest Hp in the game AND low armour. So if you know how to kill one it is very very easy.

Seriously….

in PvP

Laraley.7695

lol dude ele isn’t that good.

Has lowest Hp in the game AND low armour. So if you know how to kill one it is very very easy.

Seriously….

Ok, this really shows you either have no clue or you’re trolling. Killing a dd ele is far from being very very easy.

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

Can you explain to me how I can L2P myself a blink for my ranger? kthnx

Also, Ranger stability has cast time so that’s not useful since engies don’t randomly use slick shoes but chain it after a successful knockdown, of which they have many.

Signet of stone not helpful at all vs, engie conditions, popping signet of renewal as just a stunbreak vs engie is a death.sentence and Lightning Reflexes moves me across the slick so guaranteed second knockdown.

I don’t actually mind slick shoes THAT much as i can usually stumble my way out of it with only one knockdown, but ranger is quite poorly equipped for this scenario.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Engineer is fine. It still has little dependency on might to function, and it’s… absolutely still a top pick, everyone in this thread is getting trolled hard by a terrormancer who only sees Engineer as a profession to easily fear lock to death.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Yes, engineers and ele both have superior skills functionality then a lot of classes.
but terrormancers kill them in some way

like mesmers have insane kitting abilities.
but thieves kill mesmers because thieves have insane gap closers.

in PvP

Posted by: Kees Flodder.1269

Kees Flodder.1269

After the HUGE nerf on engi, i 1v3 them on a daily base, slickshoes , i can jumpdodgeroll out of that, and besides, do u even know who lordrosicky is, its kitteng the MR SMITH, so yeah.

Amsterdam, The dream, The City

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Engineers have so many ‘outliers’ right now…

:/

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I actually spoke to “Mr Jones” who is probably the best engineer in gw2 currently. Many of you may not of heard of him but he lurks generally in the solo area of the game and is well known for wrecking top premades. I honestly have never played vs someone so good. I have seen him 1v2 the best players in the game and he actually beat me in a 1vs3 the other day and I am a decent player.

Anyway, I spoke to Mr Jones earlier tonight after I saw this thread and he said that he thinks engineer is just average as a class. Obviously he can dominate on it but nobody else can reach his level and I dont think they can nerf engineer just because of Mr Jones.

I will try to persuade him to do a bit of streaming to show how to play engineer at this elite level but generally he doesn’t stream very often.

Mr Jones also said that he destroyed OP’s premade in solo queue (he said he had a pve thief too) and that is why OP is QQing so hard about everything.

This further confirms this whole thread is a L2P issue.

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

I actually spoke to “Mr Jones” who is probably the best engineer in gw2 currently. Many of you may not of heard of him but he lurks generally in the solo area of the game and is well known for wrecking top premades. I honestly have never played vs someone so good. I have seen him 1v2 the best players in the game and he actually beat me in a 1vs3 the other day and I am a decent player.

Anyway, I spoke to Mr Jones earlier tonight after I saw this thread and he said that he thinks engineer is just average as a class. Obviously he can dominate on it but nobody else can reach his level and I dont think they can nerf engineer just because of Mr Jones.

I will try to persuade him to do a bit of streaming to show how to play engineer at this elite level but generally he doesn’t stream very often.

Mr Jones also said that he destroyed OP’s premade in solo queue (he said he had a pve thief too) and that is why OP is QQing so hard about everything.

Wait, so someone 1v3’ing “the best” and “decent” players shows how balanced it is?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I think you have too much free time, go do something productive.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Wait, so someone 1v3’ing “the best” and “decent” players shows how balanced it is?

It was more like 3 1vs1s in a row sorry that was a bit misleading. It wasn’t a 1vs3 at the same time.

Regardless Mr Jones said engineer isn’t that Op and to be honest that is good enough for me. The dude is literally the best player in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Regardless Mr Jones said engineer isn’t that Op and to be honest that is good enough for me. The dude is literally the best player in the game.

I’m pretty sure you aren’t going to do much convincing basing your argument off of: “It’s what the best player in the game says.” Which wouldn’t even be a good way to judge balance, even if he wasn’t completely unknown, and only the best player because he beat you in a series of 1v1s one time. Being the best, or thinking you’re the best doesn’t mean your opinions aren’t biased or incorrect.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Chukree.1756

100% agree with mr smith here.

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Anet wont touch their Favorite class so just get use to it.

in PvP

Chukree.1756

ps. The only thing that keeps Mr smith and his buddy, the newly found mr jones from gandara wvw scene, hidden in the lairs of Vabbi, is the low cd on the engi heal skills that actually prevents him from 4 v 1’ing. Maybe it’s just rumours. I’ve talked to asdf member Henry recently, and he can confirm this is true. Buff slick shoes buff cd on heal. These are just mr smiths and jones’ cry for help for proper balance. Also double Moa skill will help them 2 v 5 the whole team, as jones often runs mesmer with air/fire procs, which i refrace “Is the best kitten thing happening to this game since crate elite was on the drawing board”

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Henry have you given up the day job to go work under a bridge near a ginger bread cottage full time now? xD

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

ps. The only thing that keeps Mr smith and his buddy, the newly found mr jones from gandara wvw scene, hidden in the lairs of Vabbi, is the low cd on the engi heal skills that actually prevents him from 4 v 1’ing. Maybe it’s just rumours. I’ve talked to asdf member Henry recently, and he can confirm this is true. Buff slick shoes buff cd on heal. These are just mr smiths and jones’ cry for help for proper balance. Also double Moa skill will help them 2 v 5 the whole team, as jones often runs mesmer with air/fire procs, which i refrace “Is the best kitten thing happening to this game since crate elite was on the drawing board”

Well the problem is how do you balance for the top level (Mr Jones) and for those at not the top level (pretty much ANYBODY else tbh).

I think they need to balance for both elite play and for semi elite play and for casual play.

So they should nerf things like turrets because its too strong. But for elite play obviously turrets are less of a big deal because someone like Jones just knows how to deal with turrets.

Jones told me the secret to beating a turret engi is to have a clock in your head of when the turrets will fire and get out the way when it happens. This is obviously an insane skill level and I have never seen anyone pull it off like Jones but it is possible.

So where does this leave balance? Who knows. It is a tough job for anet to balance the game for these reasons.

I am sure you have been in games, like I have, where Jones is solo queueing vs the premade you have made and it just makes the game feel so unbalanced. Like I have been in team fights where its 5v4 and we have their whole team low, or even a couple of them in downstate and our whole team is fairly high in health. And then Jones will arrive in the middle of the fight and turn it into a 5v5 and its just so hard to deal with. He will melt a couple of players and turn the tide of the fight. It is as if he pops out of nowhere, the dude is just absurdly good. And that makes engineer feel really OP, but this is not the case. Like you said Jones can also do similar plays on his mesmer with fire/air sigil procs. Sometimes you just have to accept that a guy like Jones is going to dominate whatever the balance is like.

Regardless this thread has opened up some interesting areas for discussion. So thank you for that OP. Maybe Jones or Smith can come and give some top level feedback at some point. I know Mr Taylor, probably the best elementalist in game was hoping to provide some balance feedback in a video on youtube. But he hasn’t got round to it yet. Obviously Taylor isn’t as good as Jones, but the dude rightfully claims to be the best ele in game even though he has never really played outside of solo play (again). That famous moment when he soloed about 9 dudes in WvW though was insane. Then people said he couldn’t do it in sPvP and Taylor just went on a rampage in solo queue where he just destroyed many of the top premades with his far point assaulting strategy.

Anyway, this thread has thrown up some good discussion. keep it coming people.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)