Sniping top 10 on the last day

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

So what’s to stop people from not playing the entire season, and then on the last day, play 10 placement matches and go 10-0 w/another pro player, and get rank 1-5 w/out having really played compared to others.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

nothing as far as i can tell. Get legend top status. Stop playing and you will get maximum 700 points of decay.

Come back in the last 3 days and play 7 matches to clear your decay. So long as you don’t get destroyed in those 7 matches you will still have a high rating.

Not sure who will want to do that but its a thought.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

The fact that your previous MMR is factored into the soft reset, which we know to be:

(Previous MMR + 1200) * 0.5 = New MMR. From there on you do your placement matches and then you get to see it.

You have to have amazing MMR before hand.

You have to win every one of your 10 placement matches.

If you’re doing this with another pro player (and since you had pro-level mmr before) you’ll likely be placed in matchups against other pro-level players which means it’ll be much harder.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

The fact that your previous MMR is factored into the soft reset, which we know to be:

(Previous MMR + 1200) * 0.5 = New MMR. From there on you do your placement matches and then you get to see it.

If you’re doing this with another pro player (and since you had pro-level mmr before) you’ll likely be placed in matchups against other pro-level players which means it’ll be much harder.

Interesting thought here. What if you do that with a pro player on an alt account that maybe even has kind of a low rating on purpose to begin with? Just speculating, I havent done the math yet, but the way premade-mmr is calculated is still a thorn in my side. Though tbh, with grpsize 2, its not as bad as before.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

This is why just do the placement matches at dead NA time to make sure most of esl players are sleeping. Duo q with some of the top pro level players, it will be a breeze.