So 8 months till the next balance patch?

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

thats normally the cycle right…

anet breaks balance everyone knows it by week 2 but anet pretends to see how it pans out for 8 months

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I remember when they actually did a feedback on forums on balance changes (perplexity shenanigans) now with the new head pvp dev (since our head pvp dev from gw1 left the team) we have 0 communication between changes that happen now and when they are released (what is transparency?) I will refrain from rage, but is this really what we waited ~9 months for? Or are the devs going to be more open with feedback on upcoming changes? (we can circle back to devs saying changes are happening, but this “balance patch” was a joke)

p.s: condi engi wants to give you guys a hug because for a 2 sec nerf from 12-10 they can proc torment now

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

They have been doing major balance changes every 6 months, have they not. This was a minor balance patch. They seem to do minor changes every 2 months. You would know this if you actually read the game update notes.

What do you expect from a company with around 300 employees. Have reasonable expectations.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

we have 0 communication between changes that happen now and when they are released (what is transparency?)

Not really sure what you mean since “happen now” and “when they are released” are the same thing. A change “happens” when it’s released, no?

Anyway, the balance changes that were part of yesterday’s patch were announced in detail (and with an explanation) weeks ago.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Don’t think there will be any big balance changes prior HoT, but I think there will be some minor after the next WTS Tournament.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Besides this balance patch only took 4 months……………………….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

someone.7485

So there was no balance patch released Nov 4th? Keep in mind there were holidays in there. I would assume that is partially responsible for the fact we did not get it at the beginning of January.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-4-2014/first#post4552725

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

It wouldn’t be such a problem if they would just address the most blatantly obvious problems, like celestial ammy/builds, particularly engis.

When dhuumfire came out, that thing was nerfed to the ground in literally 2 days.

Months just to “nerf” might a tiny bit is ridiculous especially when might affects every other class, not just cele users. Yea, we don’t want to overnerf, but at this rate of balancing, we’d fix celestial when the 2nd expansion comes out in a few more years.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

someone.7485

Have you tried playing any of the cele builds?

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

When dhuumfire came out, that thing was nerfed to the ground in literally 2 days.

What? what do you mean by “came out”?

The Dhuumfire nerf happened almost 2 years after release.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Have you tried playing against any of the cele builds?

All is vain.

in PvP

someone.7485

Have you tried playing against any of the cele builds?

No, I have not played gw2 pvp in a long time and I am just commenting for no reason whatsoever. Everyone has played against the cele builds. I ask if the person has tried playing the build because many people find a build OP or whatever until they actually try to play it. Once you do play it, you will be able to counter it better.

The only one that significantly bothered me was the cele ele because the amount of sustain they have during a fight. Combining that with might stacking for damage and they are very difficult to fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

One would hope there will be an enormous patch months before HOT comes out so they can bring all of the classes up to par and be ready to best compliment their specializations.

We have Rangers that are borderline worthless in PvP. Necromancers that are borderline worthless in PvE. Half the classes absent from the WvW meta. 3 truly powerful roaming options in WvW with the rest trailing behind significantly.

We’re a long ways off from HOT being a successful launch. Hopefully we’ll see an improvement in transparency and communication this year?

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Balance patches are normally 4-6 months apart.

However, the expansion hitting in Summer (4-6 months from now) will completely alter the entire meta of the game. I highly doubt there will be any balance patches before the expansion.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

(edited by Serdoc.7261)

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

One would hope there will be an enormous patch months before HOT comes out so they can bring all of the classes up to par and be ready to best compliment their specializations.

We have Rangers that are borderline worthless in PvP. Necromancers that are borderline worthless in PvE. Half the classes absent from the WvW meta. 3 truly powerful roaming options in WvW with the rest trailing behind significantly.

We’re a long ways off from HOT being a successful launch. Hopefully we’ll see an improvement in transparency and communication this year?

It makes little to no sense to put out a big patch in order to balance the game right before an expansion comes out that totally changes the meta anyway. I mean, say they balance the meta and get all 8 classes pretty much totally balanced, and then a bunch of specializations come out, 3 of which then become the dominant forces in the meta. All of the work done to balance the 8 base classes would have been completely worthless at that point because they would have all fallen to the wayside.

Basically, don’t expect anything else balance-wise before HoT. After it comes out, the meta is likely to completely shift one way or another; so if you don’t like the way the current met plays, well, you can be confident that it will probably be totally different pretty soon.

[IX]

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

What? what do you mean by “came out”?

The Dhuumfire nerf happened almost 2 years after release.

Dhuumfire was released later than the game came out.