Ever going to balance it?.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Why anyone with half a brain and some cleanse can easily stop it in its tracks……..

(edited by Sly.9518)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

because he instantly re-stacks you with some nice condi’s a second later. Playing a class with low mobility, and no range doesn’t help either. Say goodbye to your cleanses without sacrificing your point.

Also the small window of frames for you to time you attack is so small. Especially with long cast times.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

because he instantly re-stacks you with some nice condi’s a second later. Playing a class with low mobility, and no range doesn’t help either. Say goodbye to your cleanses without sacrificing your point.

Also the small window of frames for you to time you attack is so small. Especially with long cast times.

Yeah not so much they are easy fodder to any competent Ele or Guard or Engie or condi Rev or Ventari Rev………. just to name a few.

I kill them all the time on my Menders Ele without ever running out of cleanses. Had to prove this point to someone in game when they claimed that they were so OP killing players with Condi Thief that were supposed oh in the top 10 and the player in question was top 70….. he died every single time over 20 fights to a Power Thief and Menders Ele…… and the funny thing I’m not that good on Ele or Power Thief lulz

It sounds like people either don’t run cleanses or don’t manage cleanses.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Might want to play other classes before you judge.

Ele can cleanse for days, other classes cannot.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

the difference betwin ANY condi class and a Condi Thief…

a condi thief is unhittable while applying all the condis on you then can easily just get to a safe distance to outrange you and also heal up and he can do this forever till your not dead….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

It’s important when you say “condi thief” to actually say whether you are talking about D/D, P/D, SB, or S/X.

Same for power. Was it D/P or P/P or S/X or staff?

Most comments seem oriented at S/X or D/D. I can share a little about fighting them besides the obligatory “learn to time your cleanse.”

D/D is vulnerable to kiting and will waste a lot of time/effort to chase you. Even moderate mobility is a problem for them. You do want a range weapon to pressure them while you are at range. For a condi build if you can load them up and stop attacking, most won’t have much ability to counter it (Daredevil relying on evades for cleanse). Think of them like any other class with decent active defenses and terrible range.

S/X is a different beast because most of its teleport in/out is based on a tether. You can expect them to return to the spot they teleported from. Fight them there and the mobility they have will be much less. Putting them on the defensive will also require some range pressure or the mobility to stay on them. Otherwise, avoid their spike damage and their DPS will drop significantly.

Also, expect to lose sometimes. You aren’t the best player so don’t expect to win against everything all the time.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

Again multiple classes easily handle Condi Thief loook at the few I previously listed they handle them quite well and they are highly prevalent in Plat T2 and up. Again it comes down to managing cleanses.

Also you can hit Condi thieves since you are most likely referring to d/d Condi thieves which have punish frames baked in and let’s not forget the counters to Evades…. like static fields or warding effects or shock or auras etc.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Take as example power thief versus d/d DB thief.

I can not recall ever losing to a d/d thief while playing my power p/p staff thief. I have immobs at range that can be used to lock the d/d thief in the vulnerable part of the evade frame for an unload. If in range swap to staff and every time he evades to apply the bleeds I can evade and cleanse them.

Kiting is relatively easy with UC traited. The evade on a UC will take you well out of range of his DB and the only way he can apply damage is via Impaling which is a dodge and applies all of one stack of bleed and torment. Even in his “op dire armor” that is not going to match the damage output of a connecting unload or vault.

As to his steal burst , It happens once every 25 seconds and my own traited cleanses occur faster than that.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Every class can condi cleanse with ease……..

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Also, reflects and projectile blocks help with condi thfs.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

You guys are missing the point.

As en engie, i could slot Elixir C and be good with conditions, but its so kitten painful to dedicate an utility only for condi cleanse, when it could be used for something else, other survival utilities, uutilities that could improve your build, more damage, etc.

Theres nothing fun in sloting a forced cleanse only becuase a bomb condi dealer is around, in other words, its a counter that its not fun to play.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

So Condition Thief

in PvP

saerni.2584

By that logic the entire cleanse system should be removed Ivan.

Thief (Daredevil)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

As en engie, i could slot Elixir C and be good with conditions, but its so kitten painful to dedicate an utility only for condi cleanse, when it could be used for something else, other survival utilities, uutilities that could improve your build, more damage, etc.

Theres nothing fun in sloting a forced cleanse only becuase a bomb condi dealer is around, in other words, its a counter that its not fun to play.

Actually, you seem to be missing the point. If something is problematic for you, then counter it. That’s kind of the name of the game. Choices. Give and take. Condi clear DOES improve your build. If you would rather not run condi clear, then you risk dieing to condi. Live (or die) with that decision but don’t start crying about it not being “fun”.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

Actually, you seem to be missing the point. If something is problematic for you, then counter it. That’s kind of the name of the game. Choices. Give and take. Condi clear DOES improve your build. If you would rather not run condi clear, then you risk dieing to condi. Live (or die) with that decision but don’t start crying about it not being “fun”.

rather this may be true, it shouldn’t also mean an entire BUILD or WHOLE build should be based on condi cleansing. That’s the biggest issue with condi in general. It’s ok to have 1-2 utltily based on cleansing condi but when you need more then 2 ways to completely cleanse them off it becomes an issue for the entire meta.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

rather this may be true, it shouldn’t also mean an entire BUILD or WHOLE build should be based on condi cleansing. That’s the biggest issue with condi in general. It’s ok to have 1-2 utltily based on cleansing condi but when you need more then 2 ways to completely cleanse them off it becomes an issue for the entire meta.

You don’t need a whole build built around cleansing…. players just need to learn how to manage cleanses, and avoid the Condis through regular skills, most Meta builds have more than enough Condi Clears without dedicating all Utilities and traits to cleansing. On top of that they have Dodges, blocks, Evades, etc to combat having Condis ever applied, this all comes down to players wanting to only worry about spamming skills to do as much damage as possible. Condis in sPvP are easily negated/mitigated.

Players don’t want to l2p and get better. In Plat and up Condi builds were far and few between outside of the few Mesmer, Necros and Condi Revs which only made up a handful of players. There’s a reason that happens too since Condis are easily managed if a player fighting them has half a brain and a Condi cleanse or two.

(edited by Sly.9518)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

It’s important when you say “condi thief” to actually say whether you are talking about D/D, P/D, SB, or S/X.

Luckily i have two weapon sets! d/d + p/d or sb. I understand that you, guys, can win those condi Thieves who stay on one weapon set for the entire fight, but some of us use two weapon sets, what a surprise:) You see me with double dagger, but next second i am on p/d, depends of situation.
Most of the time i stay on d/d, but if you want to kite me or there are too many traps on the floor i can just swap to p/d and spam#2 from safe distance. #2 is immobilize which, traited, cause nice poison dmg over and over again. Depends on map i can switch to SB, for superior mobility and survivability for the cost or lower damage.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

You don’t need a whole build built around cleansing…. players just need to learn how to manage cleanses, and avoid the Condis through regular skills, most Meta builds have more than enough Condi Clears without dedicating all Utilities and traits to cleansing. On top of that they have Dodges, blocks, Evades, etc to combat having Condis ever applied, this all comes down to players wanting to only worry about spamming skills to do as much damage as possible. Condis in sPvP are easily negated/mitigated.

Players don’t want to l2p and get better. In Plat and up Condi builds were far and few between outside of the few Mesmer, Necros and Condi Revs which only made up a handful of players. There’s a reason that happens too since Condis are easily managed if a player fighting them has half a brain and a Condi cleanse or two.

by definition “build” to me means everything besides runes/sigil/skills. I’m also talking about traits that gives us the ability to cleanse hence why i said “whole” build but i do agree with you. It’s NOT that big a problem compared to how many people have complained, I honestly believe the issue people have with this whole condi issue is the fact that they can’t handle themselves in 1vs1 situations / properly cleanse themselves.

In some cases a 1vs1 isn’t anything to balance the game around on because it’s not meant to be base on just 1vs1 but as 5vs5. I think that’s the issue with most of the people that complain about it.

For people to really stop the crying they’ll really need to make power build viable again and have a fair balance of both happening instead of just 90% of the player base running around in condi spec.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

saerni.2584

You aren’t wrong :-p

Learning how to fight an experienced condi thief requires more than just knowing what evade frames D/D has or how S/D’s teleport works.

Simple explanations are all I have because experience fighting a build is the best lesson for how to beat it.

Thief (Daredevil)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

I kill them all the time on my Menders Ele

I wonder in which division thieves actually die to a menders ele instead of disengaging if needed.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

Yeah not so much they are easy fodder to any competent Ele or Guard or Engie or condi Rev or Ventari Rev………. just to name a few.

I kill them all the time on my Menders Ele without ever running out of cleanses. Had to prove this point to someone in game when they claimed that they were so OP killing players with Condi Thief that were supposed oh in the top 10 and the player in question was top 70….. he died every single time over 20 fights to a Power Thief and Menders Ele…… and the funny thing I’m not that good on Ele or Power Thief lulz

I wonder in which division thieves actually die to a menders ele instead of disengaging if needed.

The person was in the top 70 as I stated which would mean…….. can’t say the username cuz name and shaming .

And let’s not forget Condi theives generally lack mobility so disengage isn’t as powerful with them (ie no ini no disengage besides Shadowstep)

Some clarification, the player mains Ranger and DH for the leaderboard not Thief he is in the top 70 and was claiming how OP S/D Condi Thief was by claiming to kill players that are top 20 easily with it, I said it’s not OP he challenged me to 1v1 i proceeded to destroy him using Daredevil with Zerker Amulet, Core Thief with Zerker Amulet both of which only had Shadow Step and Signet of Agility(core build hadn’t withdraw) for the only Condi cleanses and Menders Ele.

Out of over 20+ fights I lost once on Core Zerker Thief.

(edited by Sly.9518)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

If he cannot disengage on thief but gets to top 70 with it, it says a lot about how broken the build actually is :^)

btw: if you kill “them” all the time, it should be more than “the person”

edit: condi thief has sword and short bow. idk how much more mobility you need to run away from a mender ele.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

saerni.2584

Hard to say…many people run multiple characters towards the top.

I mean I killed a person several times with a platinum tag on 1v1 in HotM arena who tried to gank me multiple times. I don’t know if they were a thief main, alt, trying out a new build or what…but they died like a low tier bronze player and hit about as hard too.

Condition thief has just as much access to Shadowstep and more so on S/X. Offhand SB can add distance too. Not sure how D/P + SB is somehow better at disengage. Sure you can on demand stealth but…teleport distance is far more crucial to disengage.

Thief (Daredevil)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Zoltreez.6435

The person was in the top 70 as I stated which would mean…….. can’t say the username cuz name and shaming .

And let’s not forget Condi theives generally lack mobility so disengage isn’t as powerful with them.

he used some seriously bad build then XDD

some condi thiefs i fought 3 of us barely was able to catch while he was kiting us and Burning us down with crazy ammounts of condi… the guy was literaly dancing arround the entire map while still was able to nonstop evade while applying crazy condies on us…

the only reason we was able to finaly get him and not die is because we had an anti condi guard keeped us safe from the condis… other wise he would have taken us down 1 by 1….

no mobility my a……

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

S/D condi thief is hard to play.

So many things to manage and store in case you get focused

Guards basically counter you 100% especially if they take CoP

You’re really fragile and don’t have the highest mobility

Bursts every 20 or so seconds

It’s clunky to even try stealthing and requires a target; unstackable stealth

Again hard to play

Don’t get me wrong tho its a good build

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

I mean I killed a person several times with a platinum tag on 1v1 in HotM arena who tried to gank me multiple times. I don’t know if they were a thief main, alt, trying out a new build or what…but they died like a low tier bronze player and hit about as hard too.

Condition thief has just as much access to Shadowstep and more so on S/X. Offhand SB can add distance too. Not sure how D/P + SB is somehow better at disengage. Sure you can on demand stealth but…teleport distance is far more crucial to disengage.

Not knowing how Stealth vastly improves disengage is very telling……

Condi Thieves have to us Ini more so than Power builds to get their Condis to any respectable level of damage so they likely won’t have enough the Ini to disengage with SB. And that leaves IR and SS for disengage which are good but one relies on Ini and the other is on a 50 sec CD…….. yeah and most condi thieves don’t take Improvisation so no double SS because then they hit like a wet noodle….

Having to explain this is rather funny.

If Condi Thief either D/D or S/D were OP then anyone would be able to use it effectively and when a top 70 player can’t even kill a Zerker Thief running on 2-3 Condi cleanses on CDs shows it’s not that OP….

Again players complain because they don’t want to run Cleanses or they don’t know how to manage cleanses or generally know how to fight Thief in any iteration of it.

@ Zoltreez

That whole statement you just made paint s a very clear picture that isn’t favorable for your cause…… like I had stated earlier most competent players have no problems with a Condi Thieves and is the main reason you barely see any in Plat and up. Similar scenario happened with DH for the longest time people claimed it was so OP but rarely saw play in anything over Plat.

So one more time if a top 70 player can’t beat a Plat T2 Player with this supposed OP build when the Plat T2 player isn’t even using the Optimized Amulet with the minimal Condi clears…… while the people complaining can’t even beat the build with 4-5 people attacking it must mean something.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

Condi thieves are imo one of the more enjoyable classes to fight, because we are both 1 mistake away from dying

So Condition Thief

in PvP

saerni.2584

Thinking you can dismiss me as though I’m not a thief main is telling.

It’s the combo, not stealth generally to which I’m referring.

Thief (Daredevil)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

He’s op in thief matchups and garbage against good players for many reasons. I am not gonna go into the details rn since im getting top 250 this season

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Zoltreez.6435

Condi Thieves have to us Ini more so than Power builds to get their Condis to any respectable level of damage so they likely won’t have enough the Ini to disengage with SB. And that leaves IR and SS for disengage which are good but one relies on Ini and the other is on a 50 sec CD…….. yeah and most condi thieves don’t take Improvisation so no double SS because then they hit like a wet noodle….

If Condi Thief either D/D or S/D were OP then anyone would be able to use it effectively and when a top 70 player can’t even kill a Zerker Thief running on 2-3 Condi cleanses on CDs shows it’s not that OP….

Again players complain because they don’t want to run Cleanses or they don’t know how to manage cleanses or generally know how to fight Thief in any iteration of it.

@ Zoltreez

That whole statement you just made paint s a very clear picture that isn’t favorable for your cause…… like I had stated earlier most competent players have no problems with a Condi Thieves and is the main reason you barely see any in Plat and up. Similar scenario happened with DH for the longest time people claimed it was so OP but rarely saw play in anything over Plat.

So one more time if a top 70 player can’t beat a Plat T2 Player with this supposed OP build when the Plat T2 player isn’t even using the Optimized Amulet with the minimal Condi clears…… while the people complaining can’t even beat the build with 4-5 people attacking it must mean something.

tell me when was the last time you catch a condi thief with 2 Power necro and a bunker Guard ?…..

Still broken tough….. you know i know everyone know…and i saw PLENTY of thiefs in high rank play… both condi and power….

funny when you have 3000 armor + 7% dmg reduction from melee and 20k HP and a single thief can kill you in 2-3 seconds after they jump you from nowhere….

Balance am i right ? give Thiefs something to be better in group play but this kitten needs a nerf…. you cant seriously defend the ammount of dmg they can do to a single player with that ammount of bloated mobility they have access to….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

@ Zoltreez

tell me when was the last time you catch a condi thief with 2 Power necro and a bunker Guard ?…..

Still broken tough….. you know i know everyone know…and i saw PLENTY of thiefs in high rank play… both condi and power….

funny when you have 3000 armor + 7% dmg reduction from melee and 20k HP and a single thief can kill you in 2-3 seconds after they jump you from nowhere….

Balance am i right ? give Thiefs something to be better in group play but this kitten needs a nerf…. you cant seriously defend the ammount of dmg they can do to a single player with that ammount of bloated mobility they have access to….

So you don’t know the mechanics I see, Condis ignore armor and regular damage reduction….. bringing up those two things in regards to Condis shows the picture crystal clear.

FYI any Condi build on the classes with Viable Condi Specs can Burst through those magnificent power damage mitigation stats in seconds.

all you need is to manage cleanses, and yeah 2 Necros and a guard can easily keep a Condi Thief locked down idk with chill, ccs warding effects, a 1200 range unblockable tether/pull that works through Evades, all of which are at those classes disposal…… and again a Condi Thief has to waste a lot of Ini to do any amount of damage so all you have to really worry about is IR and SS again as stated above those aren’t an issue.

(edited by Sly.9518)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

All condi needs adjustment not just thief

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Why anyone with half a brain and some cleanse can easily stop it in its tracks……..

List one Ranger that can ;)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Dear ANET, when we said that we wanted back S/D we didn’t mean as an unskilled condition build

Btw, I know that ANET would like to give each class a decent condition build, but would be nice not to transform what rest of spvp into a “major” condition war ( they finally did great with sigils modifies ).

As for PVE , i guess physical dmg builds ( for thieves ) will remain top tier.

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Zoltreez.6435

@ Zoltreez

So you don’t know the mechanics I see, Condis ignore armor and regular damage reduction….. bringing up those two things in regards to Condis shows the picture crystal clear.

FYI any Condi build on the classes with Viable Condi Specs can Burst through those magnificent power damage mitigation stats in seconds.

all you need is to manage cleanses, and yeah 2 Necros and a guard can easily keep a Condi Thief locked down idk with chill, ccs warding effects, a 1200 range unblockable tether/pull that works through Evades, all of which are at those classes disposal…… and again a Condi Thief has to waste a lot of Ini to do any amount of damage so all you have to really worry about is IR and SS again as stated above those aren’t an issue.

i dont think its clear for you but here i talked abour a Power Thief…. lol LOGIC use it…

But Condi thiefs can prety much nuke down 20k+ HP in like 10 seconds or even less

and as a thief he can nonstop repeate it faster then your cleanses go off…

stop acting like a smart a…….

also the difference betwin the 2 ? classes have plenty of tools to avoid the burst… except necros they just stand there and take it then die…..

But condi thief dmg ? once your out of your only worthwhile cleanse your done for without team mate help……

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Nomin.5901

Nomin.5901

just because something can be countered, doesn’t mean its fun/healthy/interesting to play against.

Carmen

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Sly.9518

@ Zoltreez

i dont think its clear for you but here i talked abour a Power Thief…. lol LOGIC use it…

But Condi thiefs can prety much nuke down 20k+ HP in like 10 seconds or even less

and as a thief he can nonstop repeate it faster then your cleanses go off…

stop acting like a smart a…….

also the difference betwin the 2 ? classes have plenty of tools to avoid the burst… except necros they just stand there and take it then die…..

But condi thief dmg ? once your out of your only worthwhile cleanse your done for without team mate help……

This whole thread and all your complaints in it have been about Condi Thief so logic would dictate that you are complaining again about Condi Thief, but nice attempt at recovering from the telling slip up.

And let’s put it into Perspective Condi Thief barely seen in Plat or above for many reasons, of it was so called OP as you claim tha it is, it would be running rampant in all tiers of play because you know that’s what OP kinda suggests/means……. but alas it is not it gets shut down by almost any competent player with a Condi cleanse or two.

Again you bring up the non stop Evade mantra, the majority of Thief Evades Fromm weapon sets have punish frames baked in, and since the nerfs that Thief Evades have received the last few balance patches besides this most recent one makes them have even less Evades now if this was WvW you may have an inkling of an argument here since they get a lot more Evades in that game mode. But alas we are talking sPvP here where Thievs hardly have non stop Evades.

(edited by Sly.9518)

So Condition Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509