So I just got placed on my alt....

in PvP

Posted by: torben.1532

torben.1532

So I just finished my Placements on my alt account, went 8-2 and had nearly in every game at least 2-3 top stats. I am surprised of the rank I got tbh Someone got an idea why or is the system just kittened?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Pretty simple explanation.

You only won against people in low bronze or mid silver, then the matches you lost were against players in low gold. You were unable to win games In gold, thus placed in silver. On the flip side, it’s also possible you won matches in gold but lost games to low silver, thus losing rank in gold.

The win rate does not matter at all in placements. If you are only winning against players in bronze, you’re going to end up in silver not gold.

in PvP

torben.1532

The point is that one loss was even because some guy randomly afk’d in the last 1/3 of the game plus it was soloq only. Doesn’t make sense to me

in PvP

Posted by: Odik.4587

Odik.4587

Ask Devs (Evan?), some1 play for 8-2 got 1200, some1 play 5-5 and got 1800 (not me)

in PvP

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Ask Devs (Evan?), some1 play for 8-2 got 1200, some1 play 5-5 and got 1800 (not me)

I was either 5-5 or 4-6 and was placed at 1500.

I started at 3-0, then I lost the next 3, won one or two more, and then lost the rest (and kept losing for another 2 or 3 games after that, going all the way down to 1400 before I started to win again.)

I suspect one or two of those early wins were against gold or better players, as they were extremely close wins that were decided very late. One of which was a Skyhammer map, that was won when the other team made the mistake of go all in on the skyhammer as me and one other player was able to sustain against 2, 3 and for a while 4 other players, which let the rest of the team cap the map, and recap after we finally lost and the ’hammer went off. The other I think was Forest of Nifhel, and I want to say that forest beast kills might have played a deciding factor on the final score.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

First: Not all people start at the same skill rating before placement matchs, thats decided by a soft reset of their last season MMR (same operation, number varies by player MMR).

So you didnt have a good starting point.

Second: Before you knew your rating you are been matched against similar rated players, so a guy that started better have tougher enemies.

Third: Placement matchs are a mean to give you a skill rating after it isnt very very unstable, the correct interpretation its they give you a number to start up that in general (among all users) will not be totally unreliable (if we came from a good MMR based system it could have been better, but we came from the distorting pipland xd), this is specially true at the start of the seasons, because you compare with other volatil values.

Its not definitive and can be pretty wrong also xd.

Fourth: I think its counter productive to not know (you do have one) a rating fast (like waiting 50 matches) because it will not be an incentive for players to get better, go up or the guys that just want the value alredy . And as said, the number its generally (among all users) not that baaad.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Old legendary player goes 5-5 vs other legendaries in placements. He stays in legend.
Disclaimer: actual elo legend from before, the hidden mmr, not the pipfarm legend.

Old silver player goes 8-2 vs other silvers/golds. He gets placed in gold.

Makes sense? ok.

Last case, smurfing.
Any alt account is probably a new account, thus hes starting from the low 1200 like every new player. Win 10-0 and youll be around 1200+(10×40)= 1600 , or lose all and sink to 800 bronze.

Clear and fair? ok, gl

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

Well the system is fairly simple you play against high ranked players and win, you win big. Still I don’t think placement matches should take your further than gold I. Getting higher on “placement” is ridiculous.
This was taken yesterday after doing placement matches on my alt (which I played extensively before, a year ago).
edit: I am just posting this as I find this utterly crazy that placement matches could put you into one of the last divisions, so to speak.

Attachments:

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

7/10 placement win, 1 lose for an idle player, and i was sent in silver 1. Now i’m in gold 2 but I don’t feel more skilled than before :/

in PvP

Posted by: Octaslash.9437

Octaslash.9437

So I just finished my Placements on my alt account, went 8-2 and had nearly in every game at least 2-3 top stats. I am surprised of the rank I got tbh Someone got an idea why or is the system just kittened?

So it is you, the forum hero!

in PvP

Posted by: Conflict Ltd.4130

Conflict Ltd.4130

For what it’s worth.. I duoQ’d with a friend for her 10 placement games rather recently (rather advanced into the season, so factor that) and she ended up with 5-5. My effective MMR was around 1850 at the time and she ended up being placed ~1834, iirc. All of our games were comprised of players ranging from High-Plat to #1 EU.

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Well the system is fairly simple you play against high ranked players and win, you win big. Still I don’t think placement matches should take your further than gold I. Getting higher on “placement” is ridiculous.
This was taken yesterday after doing placement matches on my alt (which I played extensively before, a year ago).
edit: I am just posting this as I find this utterly crazy that placement matches could put you into one of the last divisions, so to speak.

Being placed in the #1 position after exiting placement would make literally no long term difference, though. You would either play, and your MMR would quickly come to reflect your real skill, or you would not play, and your MMR would drop because of the decay thing they added for just that reason.

in PvP

torben.1532

So it is you, the forum hero!

What was the probability that you read this? xD