So I lost three games in a row...

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

one of which was because I decided to log out and switch my build before game started.. NOPE. I lost since I couldnt get back to game. Thanks ANET. Did i get a loss-prevented? NOPE.

My other games I swear I just get the most fail team. Im used to getting fail teams but these guys were just in a league of their own. I’m really starting to suspect foul play.

Moral of the story: Ranked is a joke. Don’t even take it the least bit serious. If you’re up there high in ranking you’re either lucky or you’ve cheated. XD t_T

in PvP

Posted by: Abraxxus.8971

Abraxxus.8971

I learned to not even care about my MMR anymore. I’ve accepted that I’ll never be a top tier player and now I just play to have fun and try to devise better strats if I’m on a losing team.

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Gold Tier is about the biggest kittening joke that I’ve seen. I’m convinced the majority of these players are bots.

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: Toll Booth Willie.6723

Toll Booth Willie.6723

I just finished my placements and landed in t2 gold. Last two seasons i hit t1 silver from placements. Now maybe i’ve gotten that much better in these few months that i haven’t really played much or the (soft) reset is being very kind. I am curious to see how things play out this time around. I did get some help in a couple of my placement matches even one we lost because me and the ele held mid the entire time while who knows what happened else where. At the very least i can say i made it to t2 gold on my necro!

Sick Leg – Asura Necro
“The state charges a dollar-twenty five pop.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I ran an 8 game losing streak, most by blowout, the other day. It dropped me from gold to silver. Seems like there simply aren’t enough people playing.

There doesn’t seem to be a major effort to bring players in either.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

my record was 10 losses in row in season 5, just happens sometimes ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Mine was 68 straight losses a couple of seasons ago. Predestined losses are real.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

it happened to me yesterday … 4 losses and it felt like my team was not gold “Compliant” .. And one was even much severe. A guy seemd to try to mask throwing the match like fighting on a point oponent controls and when i +1 he runs away instead let us make a quick end (and the oposing necro was nearly undamaged when arriving and also a bad matchup for me 1:1 especially with shroud loaded …).

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

For a small experiment, I play two different accounts. Same class, same build. Last season, one account was top tier gold. The other was at the bottom of silver. The only difference between them was the matchmaking (other players). I don’t know where I belong (high, low or in between) but I can say that the MMR system is total fecal material when it comes to accurately ranking players.

Short of the hadfull of great players out there who can carry a game here and there, you’re at the mercy of who you are teamed with and against.

SBI

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

For a small experiment, I play two different accounts. Same class, same build. Last season, one account was top tier gold. The other was at the bottom of silver. The only difference between them was the matchmaking (other players). I don’t know where I belong (high, low or in between) but I can say that the MMR system is total fecal material when it comes to accurately ranking players.

Short of the hadfull of great players out there who can carry a game here and there, you’re at the mercy of who you are teamed with and against.

I’ve done this, since like season 2. My primary account, which I ‘learned’ on (so my MMR is meh) and my alt account, which came in ‘pristine’ (default MMR) Drastically different experiences.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

Playing across two different accounts and on both NA & EU server for past couple of seasons, my experience has been that NA pvp is in big trouble.

I continue to play on NA cos that’s where most of friends are, but when I want to be serious, I play on EU.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Maybe the other team were just better? think about it, the same constrictions are there for the other team. however the only consistent value is YOU, yes you can get unlucky but over time it will average out and you will be where you belong. which with the attitude i read…is silver.

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

People who are high ranked on NA…. well… did exploit, actually quite openly, everyone knows it only customer support refuses to accept it by the looks of it (the actions or rather lack of it speak for themselves).

People who are high ranked on EU (for most part) are actually good players but they also play only in duoq or don’t queue at all. You will never get high rank and keep it by playing solo.

I am also surprised you just figured that current pvp system is a lottery. It has been like this for while. Only way to make up for bad draw is to be able to solo enemy team so your own team won’t even have chance to get wiped.

Maybe the other team were just better? think about it, the same constrictions are there for the other team. however the only consistent value is YOU, yes you can get unlucky but over time it will average out and you will be where you belong. which with the attitude i read…is silver.

It does not even out overtime, at least at higher ranks due to how MM works. Say top 4 are queueing. The MM puts them together in one team and looks for someone in similar rating to fill 5th spot. So far so good. Now the system attempts to build enemy team and here is the issue. There is only so many top players queueing at time. So what does Mm do? It grabs say some plat 2 players because they are next high ranked that queue at time. It grabs some gold players because it couldn’t find anything higher ranked. And then you have the case of top 5 players facing golds and plats. This is a thing, it does happen.
Take a wild guess how those matches go? It never gets better either.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

RedCobra.7693

People who are high ranked on NA…. well… did exploit, actually quite openly, everyone knows it only customer support refuses to accept it by the looks of it (the actions or rather lack of it speak for themselves).

People who are high ranked on EU (for most part) are actually good players but they also play only in duoq or don’t queue at all. You will never get high rank and keep it by playing solo.

I am also surprised you just figured that current pvp system is a lottery. It has been like this for while. Only way to make up for bad draw is to be able to solo enemy team so your own team won’t even have chance to get wiped.

It does not even out overtime, at least at higher ranks due to how MM works. Say top 4 are queueing. The MM puts them together in one team and looks for someone in similar rating to fill 5th spot. So far so good. Now the system attempts to build enemy team and here is the issue. There is only so many top players queueing at time. So what does Mm do? It grabs say some plat 2 players because they are next high ranked that queue at time. It grabs some gold players because it couldn’t find anything higher ranked. And then you have the case of top 5 players facing golds and plats. This is a thing, it does happen.
Take a wild guess how those matches go? It never gets better either.

Your response however does not diminish my statement. those “pro” players arent any different from us, they have the same constraints and restriction theyre just better at the game. youre forgetting the fact that everything you mentioned affects both sides and therefore cant personally only affect yourself every single time, yes youre right in being that sometimes its a lottery (not so much as unranked ofc) but this over time averages out. over time you will be were you belong. its early season still atm and good players are still climbing so the rankings are a little volatile. less skilled players tend to wait a little until the majority of pro players have climbed to where they should be.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

They do not have same constraints -_- because due to their MMR they already land at 2k rating after placement so for most part they will be always on team A.

It also doesn’t help that those “pro” players (especially on NA) resort to exploiting/cheating/wintrading (not all of them but you know who i mean).

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Rednova.5283

Rednova.5283

They do not have same constraints -_- because due to their MMR they already land at 2k rating after placement so for most part they will be always on team A.

It also doesn’t help that those “pro” players (especially on NA) resort to exploiting/cheating/wintrading (not all of them but you know who i mean).

They earned the 2k rating though due to their skill. They achieved that rating under the same exact constraints you and I have. The same. There is no line in the matchmaking that exempts “pro” players from having the same constraints we do, they are just better (minus those that wintrade etc.).

Even if they had a hard reset that placed them in silver I can almost guarantee they will rise back up to the top just because of their skill.

in PvP

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

I just get mad when my team does the YMCA soccer strategy… Chase one guy around the map and stay off points. so frustrating

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

3 is not a statistically significant number.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Cynz.9437

They earned the 2k rating though due to their skill. They achieved that rating under the same exact constraints you and I have. The same. There is no line in the matchmaking that exempts “pro” players from having the same constraints we do, they are just better (minus those that wintrade etc.).

Even if they had a hard reset that placed them in silver I can almost guarantee they will rise back up to the top just because of their skill.

Nobody is denying it and nobody says they shouldn’t have gotten their rating. The problem is matchmaking. Why should anyone play when you are constantly in uneven matches? It is not fun for anyone and i am sure that even the “pro” players don’t play as much as used to anymore simply due how bad matches are atm (not because they are losing or winning but because it is simply unfun).

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Matchmaking is joke atm. I am 1800ish rank and get paired with ppl 1000ish rating, once even below 1000 and i played at 21.00 which should be more populated. Its not fun for anyone. Why do ranks even exist??? I worked hard to get there and then it expect me to carry silver players, like wtf? Anet plz fix your game.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I’ve got 7 ranked games in now and I’m 5-2 I figure the last 2 days I’ll finish my 3 games off in ranked so I can get the little icon. I refuse to play ranked on a constant basis because it isn’t worth the time anymore. If you want to have special needs people on your team or you feel like having your match manipulated and frustrate you then by all means play the ranked season. As for me I have enjoyed all my PvP time even during the failed seasons 5 / 6 and the current failure. Due to the fact that I play stronghold unranked where PvP is actually tolerable.

Your not going in to have a amazing team. Most likely you will have to carry some pugs (like ranked). Your not going to go up or down in a crap laughable rank system and make yourself go mad. Your just going to enjoy yourself.

It’s not the best PvP but it’s light years better then dancing on and around pre determined circles zerging each other while one teef decaps.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

RedCobra.7693

I’ve got 7 ranked games in now and I’m 5-2 I figure the last 2 days I’ll finish my 3 games off in ranked so I can get the little icon. I refuse to play ranked on a constant basis because it isn’t worth the time anymore. If you want to have special needs people on your team or you feel like having your match manipulated and frustrate you then by all means play the ranked season. As for me I have enjoyed all my PvP time even during the failed seasons 5 / 6 and the current failure. Due to the fact that I play stronghold unranked where PvP is actually tolerable.

Your not going in to have a amazing team. Most likely you will have to carry some pugs (like ranked). Your not going to go up or down in a crap laughable rank system and make yourself go mad. Your just going to enjoy yourself.

It’s not the best PvP but it’s light years better then dancing on and around pre determined circles zerging each other while one teef decaps.

Why do people with 10 games complain about ranking/MMR

for this ranking system to work (which it does its the best thing to happen to pvp) you need to simply play more, your MMR is just too volatile to understand the coding.

this system is designed for people who actually play ranked pvp, at least 100+games per season if youre not doing that why do you care about rank? just so you can show off a little badge?

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Helseth proved that wrong with an alt account that he purposefully tanked down to bronze 1 (so total kitten mmr) and got to legend .

They’re just better. :P

in PvP

RedCobra.7693

Helseth proved that wrong with an alt account that he purposefully tanked down to bronze 1 (so total kitten mmr) and got to legend .

So much this ^^^

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It takes more than few games to mess up your MMR…. not to mention, it is beside the point. I am talking about MM itself, i think you missed my point.

All is Vain~