So I went to Metabattle

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

…to look for the counter to Tempests and it laughed at me. Actually there is nothing listed. Not even a TBD. Not even a blank. There just isn’t a category.

Is there actually something that counters the Tempest because this class can really be a pain in the kitten with all of its sustain?

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

1 v 1 I have no problems shutting down a Tempest with Invocation revenant. They can bunk the point for maybe 10 seconds.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Best solution is to moa it. You can also try to focus it with your teammates. Of course don’t try to 1vs1 them, you will certainly loose precious time since they can tank a point

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

The counter is any competent Player that can time Interrupts and keep up Pressure, they do negligible Damage and CC, so you won’t have to worry about them killing you unless they are better players than you are, pretty much anyone can counter them even Thieves played properly, you just won’t be able to burst them down in 2-4 secs

But really they are a class that don’t have a hard counter, all they are able to do is heal themselves and allies while doing almost no damage. All you have to do is pressure through their sustain and they break.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: PlagueEphlik.3067

PlagueEphlik.3067

Berserker. Not even joking.
go condi and kanye west them to hell.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yeah diamond skin is pretty worthless against skills that do more than 1 condi, and interrupting water overload makes them die. condi war is perfect for that.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Tempests die pretty easily to spike damage or heavy condi pressure.

Usually thief/DH/rev/warrior with the burst role and a necro focusing on the condi and they melt pretty fast.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

You’re necro. Just spamwich and done

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I mutli class actually and sometimes I get bored of necro.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Shadow.1345

And I have been having luck just mesmerising them to death.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Other than multiclassing the bunker class….
Bursts + heavy CC does well against the bunker Ele build. Specifically, Condi bursts unless you’re glass zerk/marauders like most Thieves.

Class who have this burst cc potential

• Rev
  • Necro
  • Mesmer
  • Thief
  • War

Assuming the above classes are using a competitive meta build, it’s not 100% that Ele can die 1v1 to said classes. If the Ele is good at being.. an Ele, he’ll kite, los, Invulnerable, Water, etc to avoid dying. Best case scenario the Ele will die in 10-15s. Worse case.. the Ele wont die for a while – if ever.

If there was a weakness like Guardian is to Engi or Mesmer is to Rev then Ele would have bigger issues in TPvP. They’re so darn resilient that most people 2+ the Ele to down him because it simply takes too long to 1v1 him on a point.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I’m really wondering more for an Ele in a team fight. 1v1 I won’t wast my time, even if I do win it takes waaaaaayyyyy too long. Mostly was wondeirng because today seems to be face 2 eles with none on my team day. Ele is one of the classes I don’t have much experience with and don’t really care to take the time to learn.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I’m really wondering more for an Ele in a team fight. 1v1 I won’t wast my time, even if I do win it takes waaaaaayyyyy too long. Mostly was wondeirng because today seems to be face 2 eles with none on my team day. Ele is one of the classes I don’t have much experience with and don’t really care to take the time to learn.

Instead of struggling in that team fight because you don’t have an Ele on yours, look at your team comp instead.

If you have a 2 man combination of thief/mesmer/dh/necro then you have a decent chance of downing the Ele. Especially if you have a 3 man combination – you should have more then enough pressure cc to down the Ele. That said, it’s soloQ so you may not all be synchronized. Even so, call it ahead of time and get with your team to focus burst when Target is called.

If you lose that initial mid fight, play sides and avoid Ele unless you can get him alone for a burst 2v1. It’s that simple really. Heck, 4 far 1 home or 3 far 2 home at start works wonders if you don’t have an Ele. I’ve made that exact call – had our Necro sit on home while the Engi roamed. We ended snowballing the map because Ele didn’t know what to do.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The problem is that the only pure dmg class in this meta is the necro… and he doesnt bring what he needs to shut down the ele by default….
If I see more than one ele on the enemy team…. I bring axe focus instead of scepter warhorn…. and nothing can save you instead of leech signet…. and you will basically kitten all over the ele every time he applies a boon to himself.

Hell sometimes i bring nothing can save you over leech signet if there are mesmers and revenants on the other team…. it literally eats them alive…. they depend on that block to wait for cooldowns in their rotation…. and if you are able to hit them through the block…. you force them to use cooldowns early/out of order…. and deal lots of dmg before they are even off of recharge.

You can kill them no problem.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

…to look for the counter to Tempests and it laughed at me. Actually there is nothing listed. Not even a TBD. Not even a blank. There just isn’t a category.

Is there actually something that counters the Tempest because this class can really be a pain in the kitten with all of its sustain?

Is this a joke?

You can hard counter a meta Tempest with invocation Rev or Reaper. Like, I’ll win over a meta Tempest with those two builds 100% of time, regardless of skill.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Marles.3086

Marles.3086

Condi burst engi wrecks tempests

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Condi burst engi wrecks tempests

Probably yes, but condi burst engi has no place in meta. Hammer scrapper engi is superior for almost any other situation.

Tempest is one of the strongest 1 vs 1 specs, despite having a lot of team support. To my rather limited experience my group support general purpose reaper necro build cannot win tempest alone, but at least I can survive vs it 2+ minutes, allowing me to escape. Similarly my berserker warrior cannot kill a tempest alone, but on the other hand tempest has trouble killing my berserker warrior alone. D/F tempest actually doesn’t deal that much damage unless you stand close range to it eating up all that damage.

Yes, tempest probably has a bit too much sustain with all those passive auras and protection/regeneration/vigor which comes with them, but at the same time it is a low DPS spec, basically it cannot kill you fast, unless you allow it to do so.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

I main a staff Tempest. I am not meta material (I mean d/f) and not a very good player (diamond 2nd tier) so I don’t know how much my opinion counts, but I’ve found that many revenants tear me apart in 1 vs 1. Some good necros too. But usually if I cap a point I cannot lose it in 1 vs 1 from other classes. At least staff helps me actually kill some classes

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Condi war, and have no issues fighting eles or druids, they just melt

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play tempest. Not meta but still a lot support. The diffrence to meta is is i can kill quite fast but have less sustain.
I die when i get bursted not expecting it or reacting lazy. Especialy when i am hit out of earth. Usualy by 2+ but a warrior might do it in 1:1 … eh yes warrior for something ..
Reaper and Mesmer kill me. I have to play perfect or get werecked by the codsispam, even with a lot of cleanses …
Anny other 1:1 composition is either a win for me or not worth attacking me. (not counting rarely played condi engi and condi trapper that brings huge cleanse and CC himself which are more dangerous).
So if you want to kill an ele i would go for the agressive meta mesmer …..

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

High burst thief with basilisk venom for extra CC. S/D thief can do it due to boon steal but it’s tricky since this build is nerfed into the gutter since last year. (in comparison to D/P). I have no remarks about vault spamming thief because I don’t play that build, it’s too casul for me :v And make sure you put the chill you steal from the ele at them. Raising the cooldown for 2-3 key abilities is all you need to win.
Condi mesmer … i know, i know, they convert your condis into boons, however, they can’t convert the MIGHTY MOA xD

DISCLAIMER: Those 2 professions are the ones I’m good one at. There are possibly more counters to auramancer I just don’t play them.

P.S: Reaper counters everything.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

The thief won´t kill me. He usually dies. I killed a thief in 5s. And most that case me when i disengage at 50% also die or run ;-). They only kill me when they are good and fully hit at the right moment like in my back while in a hard fight and out of earth. This +1 is what a good thief should do :-). And as i wrote. Mesmer for the win :-).

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

DH counters Reapers.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

DH counters Reapers.

I don’t see how a full trap DH can counter reaper. Actually I don’t even see how a meditation trapper can counter reaper. The scepter will corrupt from 900 range safely outside of traps … staff marks pierce through blocks.

Is this a joke?

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

1 v 1 I have no problems shutting down a Tempest with Invocation revenant. They can bunk the point for maybe 10 seconds.

This. In my own experience, in a 1v1 scenario they can buy time but eventually die. Even so, I hardly think that Invocation Marauder rev or any other spec mentioned here is a true counter just because they can kill a tempest. Is not what a condi mesmer is to a rev, or a necro is to a engi, for example.

Pumpkin – Mag

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

DH counters Reapers.

I don’t see how a full trap DH can counter reaper. Actually I don’t even see how a meditation trapper can counter reaper. The scepter will corrupt from 900 range safely outside of traps … staff marks pierce through blocks.

Is this a joke?

ToF – Smite condition – CoP – Renewed Focus

You’re more than welcomed to duel me if you like. But I assure you we give Reapers a run for their money. Disregarding thieves and wars, Reapers are second easiest to handle next to Mesmers.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

To be honest out of all these posts, the single best way to kill the ele, is interrupt or daze his healing skills. The ele has maybe only three ways to give himself stability, as part of a trait, burst his earth or using obsidian flesh. Once those are gone, if you can interrupt his water skills, and healing ability he’s dead. Just gotta watch his rotations then burst him down. Condi or zerk damage.

(edited by Crimson Shi.5047)

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Berserker. Not even joking.
go condi and kanye west them to hell.

Yea, if Berserker really fit in the meta, it probably would work well since warrior’s lack of sustain isn’t a problem against a full bunk tempest.

But really there isn’t a specific hard counter to tempests like there are to certain other classes (i.e. reapers countering scrappers, scrappers countering DH, etc.), but there doesn’t necessarily need to be. Tempests work in team fights, but a coordinated team can take down a tempest or at least disable a tempest to win a team fight with he right plays.

I think of all the meta builds, tempest is the one I’m happiest with from a balance perspective, even though I don’t play one. That’s probably because they remind me of the bunker guardians of ye olden days.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

you can delete ele with burn war unless he has earth cooldowns or port away..
but hey..war is not viable
ele sure is good, but it takes a lot of work tbh unlike reaper, scrapper and rev..

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

DH counters Reapers.

Is this a joke?

You’re more than welcomed to duel me if you like. But I assure you we give Reapers a run for their money. Disregarding thieves and wars, Reapers are second easiest to handle next to Mesmers.

and how exactly are you going to land this ToF if the reaper stands in the distance o.O or sends their flesh golem just to trip ur traps while you have 30-40 secs cooldown and no utility whatsoever. And no I wouldn’t duel you on a reaper because I have less than 5 hours on the class but my teammates play necro and they pull some crazy stuff on those DHs. Going as far as almost one-shotting with shroud #5

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

As written in my first post. I had been totalyl surprised how fast a warrior killed me. I think some kind of viper burst zerker build will do it. But i rarley meet one that does this.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Revenant can 1 v 1 cleric tempest. They can also force the point neutral in a decent amount of time. Their sustain and short cd burst gets ahead of the ele’s cd’s.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Dude want another laugh? Look up thief counters. Anet #balance at its finest. And i would like to note that revs fill same role as thief.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Yes because metabattle knows all right? Any half-decent rev can destroy an ele in 1v1. Literally any focus (power OR condi OR both) will destroy an ele in a team-fight once you’ve baited out the invuln, it only has 13k health.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

R O C.6574

Thief counters ele 1v1. Team fight focus target

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Is this a joke?

You can hard counter a meta Tempest with invocation Rev or Reaper. Like, I’ll win over a meta Tempest with those two builds 100% of time, regardless of skill.

Yes, it was written tongue in cheek and also to get some advice on what to do against them. Though from some of the responses on this thread and others I can see why people from other games call GW2 the most toxic community. It’s like everyone has this overbearing need to insult and demean any player that isn’t all super MLG and knows everything.

(edited by Shadow.1345)

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Focus ele is often a bad idea. But it depends on the team composition.
Usually focus on one of my teammates is much better then focusing me (ele). If i am on guard you can focus me with three but the focus from my team will down someone much faster. I loose teamfights mostly as last man standing. I had it similar in WvW in 2:2 or 2:3 fights. Focus me you lose, focus my teammate you might win despite me healing. The only exception is necro focus. The boon corruption + prolonged condi spam/bomb from 2+ condi classes kills me after important cleaners and invul is on CD, which happens fast in this case.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Thief counters ele 1v1. Team fight focus target

Umm…what build are you thinking of?

Because, if you’re talking about something like the meta D/P build, you will never be able to down them fast enough to win a 1 v 1 against them before it becomes a 1 v 2.

Of course, with the meta D/P build, you should rarely be engaging in any 1 v 1s anyways, aside from something like an Invoc Rev or another Thief.

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

R O C.6574

Staff daredevil. I have about 50% damage increase in my traits and enough immob to lock them up. You get chill on ele from stolen item. The best case on 1v1 with daredevil is landing impact strike when they have about 10% hp. Instant kill. It’s beautiful.

PS – it’s not meta, but it’s effective. I can 1v1 any class

Here’s the build. I’very gotten some criticism about some of my choices, but i’very been happy with the results
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn0MBdmiFOBePBkmiFYCTLBEAyAehhzQbYuDOCbhA-TpBBQBB4QAAgjAQA3fQCXAA5VGACPAAA

(edited by R O C.6574)

So I went to Metabattle

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

DH counters Reapers.

Is this a joke?

and how exactly are you going to land this ToF if the reaper stands in the distance o.O or sends their flesh golem just to trip ur traps while you have 30-40 secs cooldown and no utility whatsoever. And no I wouldn’t duel you on a reaper because I have less than 5 hours on the class but my teammates play necro and they pull some crazy stuff on those DHs. Going as far as almost one-shotting with shroud #5

This is usually how the fight goes,

Reaper has 0 stability at start of match and usually 0 life force.

• F1 – tof – lb#3 to knockback out of tof – trueshot
  • They’re at half health or less, they DS
  • sword#3 for mini block and 4k burst – Focus & F3 blocks most of bursts – F2 to heal, peel, and cleanse
  • Reap or minions trigger Purification

Now, reaper will try to currupt boons and condi burst but blocks, smite condition, cop and F2 keeps me cleansed. His DS gets countered with F3 & Renewed Focus. ToF lands because I only set it off when I know it’ll hit. I don’t precast it unless i’m sitting on point.

Your friends can try me out if you’d like.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld