So, PvP Champion titles......

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I know this COULD go into the PvP forum but I am not sure that it “should”. It does feature PvP in the subject but I think this is more of an “achievement” thing and as such I am not sure the PvP mods/Gms/what have you – can do anything about this.

With that said, on to the topic at hand lol:

So right now we need 150 Game wins for the Champion “insert class here” title and 200 for the regular “insert class here” achievement. Huh wait did I just read that right? 150 for Champion and 200 for regular? Yes you did just read that.

Okay I know that this DID make sense in the old PvP system. Being that you could and would in theory get the first 50 wins playing in unranked while you learn to get good with the class for PvP. It just made sense. So then once you have that you could go into ranked and get the last 150 wins and have both achievements finish up nice and neat together.

It made sense that way. But now unless I am missing something (and please do correct me if I am wrong!) it does not. Simply because both unranked and ranked now count for both achievements. So now it is pretty much impossible to get the regular title before the Champion version. So if I am correct and this is the case should we not discuss a change to this? It just makes no sense to me to get the champion before the regular and have to play and win another 50 games after getting the champion title before I get the regular title.

Possible fix? Well I could suggest switching the win amounts around but tbh it’s not much of a difference to be honest. Should the Champion be tied back to ranked only? Not sure what I think about that but I do look forward to comments!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in PvP

Paulytnz.7619

So I guess this was PvP forum worthy. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Okay, so the problem is that you can get the normal title in servers (aka Hotjoin) which can have extremely lopsided and stacked matches. So that is why the champ title is only accessible through ranked / unranked and the normal title needs more games.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

@OP: You forget (maybe, because they have been hidden and removed from the initial “play” panel) that hotjoin still exist in the form of “private arenas”. Specifically, the rankfarm and daily farm arenas of old are still around. Getting 200 wins in one of those is ridiculously easy. That’s where the “champion” titles come in – they have to be won the hard way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Paulytnz.7619

Oh boy, ok I stand corrected, I didn’t know they could be obtained in hotjoin – I avoid that like the plague lol……..it all just seems so wrong still tho…
Cheers for the info tho!