So... Time warp...

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I’m usually not one to bust out the massive QQ threads, but after playing a decent bit there seems to be one thing glaringly overpowered and dysfunctional about spvp compositions and team fighting. TIME WARP.

10 seconds of AoE quickness with a massive radius that also counts as an ethereal field (chaos armor/confusion with finishers). TEN. SECONDS. Not only is it the longest quickness in the entire game, it also comes with no penalty and it’s AoE. Every utility activated quickness in the entire game comes at a pretty hefty penalty, most notably frenzy for warriors.

Time warp is a game changer. It makes or breaks team fights allowing the mesmer’s team to quickly rez/stomp/DPS so incredibly fast as to force the opposing team out of its MASSIVE radius.

I’m alright with portal in most respects. It has its limitations and it is slightly gimmicky. But when you add in the ability of a mesmer to be able to watch a backpoint and contribute to a fight so massively with a no-cost short-cast 10 second AoE quickness it becomes broken.

I know for sure I’m not the only one who thinks this way. I could say many other things on the topic of time warp, but to be blunt it makes mesmers a necessity on any competitive team.

For reference:
(a warrior can pop frenzy, proc last chance and a rage sigil and still come out with 12 seconds of personal, non-aoe quickness at the cost of 50% extra damage for 5 seconds and a wasted sigil)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Even with the nerfs, Mesmers are still too mandatory and game changing. They should just disable Time Warp in PvP and bring back the old Moa.

/Singed

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

I’m usually not one to bust out the massive QQ threads, but after playing a decent bit there seems to be one thing glaringly overpowered and dysfunctional about spvp compositions and team fighting. TIME WARP.

10 seconds of AoE quickness with a massive radius that also counts as an ethereal field (chaos armor/confusion with finishers). TEN. SECONDS. Not only is it the longest quickness in the entire game, it also comes with no penalty and it’s AoE. Every utility activated quickness in the entire game comes at a pretty hefty penalty, most notably frenzy for warriors.

Time warp is a game changer. It makes or breaks team fights allowing the mesmer’s team to quickly rez/stomp/DPS so incredibly fast as to force the opposing team out of its MASSIVE radius.

I’m alright with portal in most respects. It has its limitations and it is slightly gimmicky. But when you add in the ability of a mesmer to be able to watch a backpoint and contribute to a fight so massively with a no-cost short-cast 10 second AoE quickness it becomes broken.

I know for sure I’m not the only one who thinks this way. I could say many other things on the topic of time warp, but to be blunt it makes mesmers a necessity on any competitive team.

For reference:
(a warrior can pop frenzy, proc last chance and a rage sigil and still come out with 12 seconds of personal, non-aoe quickness at the cost of 50% extra damage for 5 seconds and a wasted sigil)

Time Warp gives it’s haste to 5 targets and there is no priority Pet/Player/Illusion/Minion what ever.

How about we work on getting bugs and traits fixed and use the many builds each and every class has. If you’re keen you can actually design a team composition that works well instead of using the cookie cutter builds everybody tries to play as a solo entry. Even with premade teams you often see really poor team synergy and poor team work because the over all composition is bad.

There are things that need to be balanced still and maybe Time Warp is somewhere on that list with all the other forms of haste/quickness, but Mesmer doesn’t really need yet another nerf to our team support and damage outputs across all playing areas by nerfing a skill you don’t care for.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

You can’t run a team without Mesmer for time warp alone. It’s too game changing. Smaller radius and a negative effect (refer to latest SOTG comments by Vain) and it would go a long way to making teams more varied.

And change portal to single use by the Mes only.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Now it turns to stupidity. No classes should be deleted. Besides some silly mechanics the balance of the game could t be better and would be much more enjoyable with a few tweaks.

Quickness as a boon might be the underlying problem of itself. It’s a very strong boon, which normally has a negative effect when used by most classes, except for some reason a group AoE quickness that lasts 10 seconds……….

Add the frenzy negative effect and right there it would take more thought on when to use it as it could wipe your team out.

Anyway, mesmers love it cause its a guaranteed spot in any tourney team, regardless of thier build. All they need is portal and time warp and they are in.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Xeron.3745

Xeron.3745

For reference:

Bah, i dont get it. Why is everyone calling stuff OP if they cant handle it? (I do not mean necessarily you). I guess they dont even think about “how to counter” that. It was the same with Warrior 100b at start and now everyone is laughing about 100b Warriors.

I think its the same with time warp from Mesmer.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Lets say we are in a 5v5 Team battle in Forest of Nifhil at Keep. Mesmers of both sides are caping close point and move up to keep for Time warp to support the team. So when you see how the enemy Mesmer is using Time warp your Whole Team have to retreat immediately (ofcourse you will lose the point for a moment) to force the enemy team out of the time warp field so they will lose their quickness. Even if they still have it (lets say you got a warrior and a necro in your team) necro can pop well of corruption to remove quickness and warrior can use Greathammer F1 to stun multiple enemys ( ranger, thief, etc. can also help with traps to slow their movements). So now you turned the whole teamfight, make your mesmer pop Time warp and blow the enemys away (since all their melee and dps classes should be right infront of you, you should have no problems in taking them down).

Thats my opinion how to counter Time warp! and im sure there are still alot more ways to counter it. Ofcourse its just theory and needs alot of coordination and practice.

PS. sorry for my broken english. grammar and spelling

(edited by Xeron.3745)

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

When abilities are so game changing that every team is running them and there are no equivalents from other classes then there is a problem in design in my opinion. It doesn’t have anything to do with not being able to handle the abilities.

Oh and Xeron, quickness isn’t considered a boon so you can’t remove it with well of corruption like you stated.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

A mesmer nerf thread on the SPvP forum? Wow, nice to see something new for a change.

Why dont we just delete the whole mesmer class you scrubs.

I fail to see a downside to this suggestion.

Add thieves and you have the greatest, bravest patch in mmo history.

^What most of the SPvP forums wants. All this whining is nothing but an attempt to unmake the mesmer.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I like how mesmer players who learned the game playing this gimmicky class with all its broken over-the-top skills complain and qq.

Fact is, mesmer has abilities that are game changing. They are mandatory in the competitive environment, which makes them, say OP.

No one denies you skill, but you are playing a profession that is just cheap.

Leman

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Xeron.3745

When abilities are so game changing that every team is running them and there are no equivalents from other classes then there is a problem in design in my opinion. It doesn’t have anything to do with not being able to handle the abilities.

Oh and Xeron, quickness isn’t considered a boon so you can’t remove it with well of corruption like you stated.

thanks for the info Seether. But at least they will lose quickness if they leave the time warp field

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

time warp needs to get taken out of the game.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Do you not realize that mesmers just had another nerf to appease you kittens… Stop with it seriously just stop… No classs needs nerfed into the ground… Look what happened to engineers. And i love the idea behind the engineer class… And time warp is one of the FEW group utiilties that mesmers have…. You wanted shattered strength reduced you got it… You wanted a GCD on shatters you got that. Portal is limited now in the number of Uses and duration you got that too… NOW just stop… This has simply become a L2P issue and thats it! While we’re at it lets remove attunements on ele’s you can only choose one to attune to at the character creation and thats it! Necros deathshroud is a second life bar SOOOO game changing… un fair completely. Guardians should no longer be allowed to give themselves and their allies every buff in the whole game and the longbow range on the ranger is just TOO LONG…. Am I getting through here people? Do you not get the slippery slope that this will place the entire game on? All this calling for a nerf bat to come out is just kitten #8230;. Stop it… Learn how to play the game counter/dodge/cond removal… I bet most the whiners about mesmers are kitten glass cannons in which case you deserve to be burned down.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I understand that being an elitè time warp needs to be more powerful than haste, frenzy whatever…but just make it 10 secs single target (Mesmer) without negative effects or 5 secs aoe with some negative effect on everyone who got it….10 secs aoe quickness without negative effects it’s…well…nonsense…even if it was on 5 mins cooldown it would be broken anyway..we all know 4 sec quickness skills are broken already…10 secs to everyone in aoe? Well…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

So... Time warp...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Mesmers have been wondering if it will get shortened cuz sometimes I feel it is like wow this thing is still going,. But seriously this nerf calling is just going to bring the class so far below the others that it will be UP and then people are gonna be begging for warriors to be nerfed or some nonsense… IN all reality this is and always will be an L2P issue…. don’t try treating it any differently… And time warp has been the same through ALL the nerfs we have had to go through to appease the whiners… So I doubt it will change…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

So... Time warp...

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

Next you’ll hear call for mesmer clones to be removed. This is just getting silly.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Do you not realize that mesmers just had another nerf to appease you kittens… Stop with it seriously just stop… No classs needs nerfed into the ground… Look what happened to engineers. And i love the idea behind the engineer class… And time warp is one of the FEW group utiilties that mesmers have…. You wanted shattered strength reduced you got it… You wanted a GCD on shatters you got that. Portal is limited now in the number of Uses and duration you got that too… NOW just stop… This has simply become a L2P issue and thats it! While we’re at it lets remove attunements on ele’s you can only choose one to attune to at the character creation and thats it! Necros deathshroud is a second life bar SOOOO game changing… un fair completely. Guardians should no longer be allowed to give themselves and their allies every buff in the whole game and the longbow range on the ranger is just TOO LONG…. Am I getting through here people? Do you not get the slippery slope that this will place the entire game on? All this calling for a nerf bat to come out is just kitten … Stop it… Learn how to play the game counter/dodge/cond removal… I bet most the whiners about mesmers are kitten glass cannons in which case you deserve to be burned down.

Problem is that, like thieves, anet doesn’t give a crap about forum whiners…look at backstab, everyone asking for nerf and they ruined my dazelock instead (And i know why…because dazelock was actually way more powerful than bs, and a good dazelock couldn’t be countered while bs is easily countered by almost anyone with just a little more brain than a rock)…they just point out issues and nerf them…they’re not following ppl complaints…if they nerf something it’s because it has to be toned down…nothing else. So chill the kitten down…if it’s ok it’s not going to be nerfed…if not it’s because it’s needed..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

So... Time warp...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Well then I suppose time warp is safe because it has survived every other nerf bat epidemic that has hit mesmers.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Well then I suppose time warp is safe because it has survived every other nerf bat epidemic that has hit mesmers.

Maybe or maybe not…just use it and if it’s ok it won’t be nerfed.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmph. I’m surprised none of the anti-Mesmer QQ has been started about Mass Invisibility. Mobile AoE stealth + party DPS? Seriously, though – this business is wacky. PvE skills on Mesmers get hackjobbed because of this PvP biz, since – unlike most classes – Mesmer skills have no split between PvP/PvE. I do wonder if anything will make folks even “acceptably” satisfied. Here:

If the TimeWarp/Portal bit is sooooo ridic, then:
Nuke Endurance regen while TWarped by 50%.
As for portal: kitten it, 5 person limit – since between PvP and Wv3, it’s a bloody constant QQ. In exchange, lower the c/d some. This way, it’s still useful, and can’t be continuously re-used (within active duration).

Seriously, this is at the point where any potential mod to Mesmer build/playstyle/skills is almost guaranteed to flub, cause of all the “Oh no, Mesmer’s FINE – they has Portal/Time Warp ZOMG!” bullkitten. Some of us, merely want all of our class’ playability to be on par, not just port-bombers or shatterers.

Kindly gain a new target, folks. Yer killing a class many love, with this madness. Thank you.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Xeron.3745

Why ends every thread with a (Nerf Mesmer and Thief) discussion?

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

Both sides can use Time Warp and Portal, get over it. If this was a faction based game where Mesmers are only on one faction then you might have room to complain.

But you Don’t, so STFU.

Lol at your comment. That’s what OP is talking about. You basically have to bring mesmer because of its team utility and damage it provides at the same time. And if you don’t bring mesmer vs organized team who has one, well, good luck eating the dust.

And this is a problem why?

Having a mandatory profession in every single team comp limits viability of other professions, and therefor limits the whole team comp customization, which shouldn’t be the case, as it proves there is lack of balance between professions. Just to clarify, I’m not talking about one profession being OP, unbeatable, and whatnot, because this game is fairly balanced in that field. However, what I am talking about is that some professions offer much more in almost any field, so there is no reason to take some other profession instead of that one, mesmer in this case, which is why you are not seeing many rangers, warriors and engis in tournaments, and especially not as a replacement for mesmer, or guardian for that matter.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I knew this thread would devolve into the “cry moar” screams. All I’m suggesting is making the mesmer not an absolute necessity in a team comp.

Time warp is the most powerful elite in the entire game by a long shot and it goes very well with other classes who lack quickness. I’ve played a mesmer a decent bit and I believe that mesmer is probably one of the worst classes to take advantage of time warp itself. That doesn’t mean it’s not extremely powerful. A guardian can pop a full heal and an ele can pop a churning earth in 2 seconds each.

As far as suggestions to what to do to it I guess I can give a couple

1. Make portal an elite to vie for time warp. The two combined is the problem IMO.
2. Reduce the duration of time warp/reduce the radius.
3. Give quickness to the other team as well!

Any one of these would make time warp very viable and suitable as an elite in specific situations and would bring it in line to every other elite in the game. No one loses their mind when an engi supply crates and screams for their team to kite back. All I want is for time warp to not have the same “I win this team fight GTFO” feeling.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Bah, i dont get it. Why is everyone calling stuff OP if they cant handle it? (I do not mean necessarily you). I guess they dont even think about “how to counter” that. It was the same with Warrior 100b at start and now everyone is laughing about 100b Warriors.

I think its the same with time warp from Mesmer.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Lets say we are in a 5v5 Team battle in Forest of Nifhil at Keep. Mesmers of both sides are caping close point and move up to keep for Time warp to support the team. So when you see how the enemy Mesmer is using Time warp your Whole Team have to retreat immediately (ofcourse you will lose the point for a moment) to force the enemy team out of the time warp field so they will lose their quickness. Even if they still have it (lets say you got a warrior and a necro in your team) necro can pop well of corruption to remove quickness and warrior can use Greathammer F1 to stun multiple enemys ( ranger, thief, etc. can also help with traps to slow their movements). So now you turned the whole teamfight, make your mesmer pop Time warp and blow the enemys away (since all their melee and dps classes should be right infront of you, you should have no problems in taking them down).

Thats my opinion how to counter Time warp! and im sure there are still alot more ways to counter it. Ofcourse its just theory and needs alot of coordination and practice.

PS. sorry for my broken english. grammar and spelling

We’re playing a game mode that is mostly about holding a point and your counter to Time Warp is to tuck tail and leave the point letting the enemy have it.

That is the textbook definition of an “I Win Button.”

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Mesmer’s group support utility is far more powerful than that of any other profession aside from Guardians.

I consider Portals and Time Warp game-busters. Essentially it’s the whole Heroism/Bloodlust issue again.

When does a support ability become so good it’s considered mandatory? Well Mesmers have two such skills.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Hmmph. I’m surprised none of the anti-Mesmer QQ has been started about Mass Invisibility. Mobile AoE stealth + party DPS?

Because you don’t count as being on a point in stealth. And you need to capture points to win tournaments.

Say it’s the first team fight 4v4 on keep after the match starts. The team with the mesmer gets the point 100% because he uses time warp which either destroys the other team or forces them to retreat. And once you have keep you won’t lose it again with a bunker guard. THAT is why time warp needs nerfs.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Mufa.1326

Mufa.1326

It is a problem because if you have at least one mesmer in every team, then mesmers will be more than 20% of players in top rankings for 5v5 capture-the-point setting which is severely OP, since every class should have representation between 10.5% to 14.5% (given that 12.5% = 1/8 is ideal balance point).
So whatever is causing teams to consider mesmer a-must-have-member needs to be nerfed to the ground so that noone considers mesmers (nor any other class) a must-have-member of top team.

And if you cannot grasp this simple concept, you should not be participating in balance discussions.

Soko D Medo

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Archaon.6245

It is a problem because if you have at least one mesmer in every team, then mesmers will be more than 20% of players in top rankings for 5v5 capture-the-point setting which is severely OP, since every class should have representation between 10.5% to 14.5% (given that 12.5% = 1/8 is ideal balance point).
So whatever is causing teams to consider mesmer a-must-have-member needs to be nerfed to the ground so that noone considers mesmers (nor any other class) a must-have-member of top team.

And if you cannot grasp this simple concept, you should not be participating in balance discussions.

Portal mesmers with time warp and bunker guardians are actually the only 2 must have in tpvp teams…and yes, you’re right…

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmph. I’m surprised none of the anti-Mesmer QQ has been started about Mass Invisibility. Mobile AoE stealth + party DPS?

Because you don’t count as being on a point in stealth. And you need to capture points to win tournaments.

Say it’s the first team fight 4v4 on keep after the match starts. The team with the mesmer gets the point 100% because he uses time warp which either destroys the other team or forces them to retreat. And once you have keep you won’t lose it again with a bunker guard. THAT is why time warp needs nerfs.

Do note, I’ve suggested at least one way said ability can be somewhat dealt with.
It’s not that I hate PvP, or anything. It’s simply, when the class you play most – indeed the class you liked so bleeding much, that it’s a major reason you bought the game – is constantly eating nerfs, and never keeping buffs at all – this kind of thing is quite offensive. It’s like “Man, how many ways can we get our nose planted into a steaming pile of horse poo, kitten ” Ya know? Especially when it seems like every. other. stinkin. thread. anymore is “Nerf Mesmer!” or “Nerf Thief!” This is why Mesmer players jump on threads like this, Aether … we’re tired of getting kicked in the collective pills.

Mind, I am aware that other classes (Engineer, I feel for you guys) have it even worse.
Which is why I try to mention ways to get everyone on an even keel. Buff weaker specs, as opposed to the Titanic Nerfbat of Smiting +5.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Mufa.1326

Mufa.1326

@Advent…. it does not matter whether you are receiving nerfs or buffs. If you were severely OP in the beginning of course you should receive nerfs. If you were severely underpowered in the beginning of course you should receive buffs. It means nothing.

Concentrate on being the best of your class so that you are at the top once proper infrastructure (rankings and balancing) are there. If things are done properly and each class is balanced so that it has fair representation in top rankings, you will be among top players by the fact that you are the top player of your class.

Soko D Medo

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Ertzbot.7086

Ertzbot.7086

Please dont shout on every single forums that any class should be nerfed… It was said already here in this Thread: If this time wrap for example is nerfed another class, build ect. is too op. Keep it serious…

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

You’re kidding ertz. It’s a game changing ability that makes a class mandatory on any team. It’s literally the longest quickness in the entire game, is AoE and has a MASSIVE radius with no penalty whatsoever. Fights are literally won and lost by Time Warp ALONE.

I understand why mesmers don’t want it nerfed. I’ve played a mesmer for a decent amount and I can say that they’re probably one of the worst classes to take advantage of it. But its strength is literally unrivaled and allows things like quick rezzes/stomps, 2 second guardian full heals and 2 second churning earths.

I’ve always said that until they fix time warp in conjunction with portal then they’re not serious about TPvP

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Seether.7285

To all the people in this thread thinking this is about nerfing mesmers, it really isn’t. It is about making the game better to play. If they were to change these two abilities I would actually like them to do something to help mesmers out because these two abilities are obviously a big part that teams take mesmers. But as I stated in my first post, these abilities are pretty much the strongest two abilities in the game and no other class has anything that can match these two abilities making mesmers a part of nearly every competitive team.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

jportell.2197

have you not seen the radius on the supply drop circle? Engineers have great group utility. I love healing turrets… And bombkits… they are great… the grenade kit can still slap more conditions on someone than a necro… ALSO engineers can throw an elixir onto their team which gives them OMG quickness for I think a little less than the mesmers…. If it would make all you whiners happy I could deal with them dropping our endurance to 0 when we use timewarp… I thinks that how it goes for quickening zephyr on rangers…. But you guys need to just suck it up and play or go play hello kitty island adventure.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

have you not seen the radius on the supply drop circle? Engineers have great group utility. I love healing turrets… And bombkits… they are great… the grenade kit can still slap more conditions on someone than a necro… ALSO engineers can throw an elixir onto their team which gives them OMG quickness for I think a little less than the mesmers…. If it would make all you whiners happy I could deal with them dropping our endurance to 0 when we use timewarp… I thinks that how it goes for quickening zephyr on rangers…. But you guys need to just suck it up and play or go play hello kitty island adventure.

You’re wrong in every respect. No thrown elixir gives quickness. Elixir U gives utility based quickness and is currently bugged out to give 3-5 seconds of quickness depending on what type you get.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixirs

Supply drop has about half the radius of time warp and comparing the bomb and grenade kit to time warp is just troll.

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Seether.7285

Please create more condescending posts in which you demonstrate you have no god dmn clue what you are talking about.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Was going to reply to that but Ostricheggs hit all the main points. Also, loss of endurance would be the thief debuff, not the ranger debuff. No worries, grenade kit can apply bleed, chill, blind, and poison.

In fairness, when people see yet another thread about nerfing their favorite class they get upset about it. However, this thread is about nerfing one skill in one game mode (tournaments). We understand mesmers aren’t OP in dungeons or WvW. This is just a meaningful adjustment to one game mode in which two specific support skills are absolutely mandatory for every serious tournament team.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

Well, I posted it in my other thread, so I’ll post it here.

Make Time Warp a channeled skill that is centered around the caster.

This does two things.
1. It requires the mesmer to risk their own safety, not just by proximity requirement, but by not being able to use anything other than instant cast skills
2. Allows Time Warp to be interrupted

It still maintains it’s massive group utility and it’s duration and effect, but its not something you can just lay on a battle to turn the tide. Also mesmers will no longer be able to use this as a personal quickness. The one upside to it working this way is that the Time Warp effect can now move instead of being static.

This game needs more group oriented skills and things that benefit the group more than the caster. Time Warp really could use a change like this.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Aether McLoud.1975

IMHO time warp either needs to:

- Apply to friends an foes in it
- Apply the +50% damage taken debuff
- Only work for the mesmer

So... Time warp...

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

Two of those points contradict.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Kirei.1792

Kirei.1792

yes. i agreed time warp too op.. 10 second lulz make it atleast 5 sec, i think thats eneugh since its Aoe aswell, and if used correctly it can be really op. no need for downsides in my opinion.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Nerf Mesmers, remove us from SPvP for all I care, but leave us alone in PvE please… This is getting pathetic.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Aether McLoud.1975

Two of those points contradict.

Either: one of the other of two…

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: FuVirus.6398

FuVirus.6398

I knew this thread would devolve into the “cry moar” screams. All I’m suggesting is making the mesmer not an absolute necessity in a team comp.

Time warp is the most powerful elite in the entire game by a long shot and it goes very well with other classes who lack quickness. I’ve played a mesmer a decent bit and I believe that mesmer is probably one of the worst classes to take advantage of time warp itself. That doesn’t mean it’s not extremely powerful. A guardian can pop a full heal and an ele can pop a churning earth in 2 seconds each.

As far as suggestions to what to do to it I guess I can give a couple

1. Make portal an elite to vie for time warp. The two combined is the problem IMO.
2. Reduce the duration of time warp/reduce the radius.
3. Give quickness to the other team as well!

Any one of these would make time warp very viable and suitable as an elite in specific situations and would bring it in line to every other elite in the game. No one loses their mind when an engi supply crates and screams for their team to kite back. All I want is for time warp to not have the same “I win this team fight GTFO” feeling.

MAN thats perfect!!! #3 suggestion is absolutely perfect! Giving quickness to the enemy too might just be perfect because that way it gives them a chance but your team still has the advantage because they are ready for the time warp while as the enemy team is not. Brilliant man.
I played Mesmer for a realllyyyyy long time probably one of the best if not the best Mesmer at my prime and i agree that time warp is just too good. A good placed time warp will finish a fight in 5 seconds i know because ive done it many times.

FuVirus Top 30 NA leaderboard/

Mesmer / Elemntalist / Ranger

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

No one would use a skill that buffs the enemy, lol.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Turn time warp into a signet
Signet of Time

• Passive Movement Speed (20%?) Would have with mesmers lack of mobility.
  • Apply 4 seconds of Quickness to Yourself and Ally’s within 600 range
  • 140 Second Cool Down
Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

If it’s split so that any change only affect PvE then fine. If not then I don’t see why something that only affects a very small (I’d guess max 5%) of the players should lead to more nerfs for a class that is already very weak in pve.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Seether.7285

If it’s split so that any change only affect PvE then fine. If not then I don’t see why something that only affects a very small (I’d guess max 5%) of the players should lead to more nerfs for a class that is already very weak in pve.

I’m glad we got the PvEers speaking up in every balance thread in the PvP section. Scripted NPCs are pretty tough to fight, any more nerfs to mesmers and they won’t be able to kill anything!!!!

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Yeah I like the idea of giving the other team quickness as well.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

I’m glad we got the PvEers speaking up in every balance thread in the PvP section. Scripted NPCs are pretty tough to fight, any more nerfs to mesmers and they won’t be able to kill anything!!!!

You sure you had enough question marks there? Maybe a few more and you would make an even better point? If Anet listens to whiners then yes, there is a need for people to also speak for the downsides. The part of the player population that focuses on Spvp is extremely small and shrinking all the time (I used to be a part of it but stopped since spvp is a joke at the moment) yet as long as the skills aren’t split any changes made to one game mode will affect the other. If you are so set on only considering one of them then the logical solution would be to go with the on which the vast majority plays. Wince that is not the caee and the devs are looking at both types of gameplay I’d say that it is reasonable that both parts are mentioned in a discussion about balancing.

So... Time warp...

in PvP

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah nerf Time Warp.

Then Mass invisibility.

Then Veil.

Then Shatters.

Then blurred Frenzy.

Then Shatters again.

Then make phantasms wait 2 seconds before their first attack.

Then make Moa turn the Mesmer into a Moa.

Then shatters again.

Then remove phantasms.

Then remove clones.

Then nerf shatters again.

If they removed Mesmers from the game people would still call them OP.