So about those PvP dailies...

in PvP

Posted by: Axel.4018

Axel.4018

… want Engineer winner 3 times in a row? Got ya.

Seriously though, let’s not even pretend they have anything to do with your actual account, otherwise i wouldn’t be told to play the one of only two classes i havent made a single character for, but the fact that it tells me to play it 3 times in a row just makes me cringe. I REALLY do like the new PvP dailies that give reward track progress, but could you at least make it so that they dont repeat day, after day, after day, especially if it’s something i can’t do since i don’t even have a free character slot to make a fresh character of a class i havent played before just to go and ruin someone’s game by trying to get carried and complete the daily? And dont even get me started on when it tells me to win with the only two classes i havent played…

Maybe I’m over exaggerating here, but you be the judge. And I’m sure that unless you have a character for every class, you’ve got one of those great dailies as well.

/madmode off

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Engineer seems to have a streak where it goes for almost 5 or 6 days in a row. It’s happened once before. (It prompted me to create an Engineer character purely for this daily.)

Still, it’s not a big deal. There are 4 total PvP dailies, and the non-profession ones are usually extremely easy to complete. Add that to one of the professions you do have, and that’s still an easy daily completion.

in PvP

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

/sarcasm/ Wait! What! You’re complaining about having to play engineer for a daily! Try PvE man, you might enjoy it if you spend hours in there trying to get your dailies. Get out of your comfort zone, man, because who plays computer games to be comfortable? /sarcasm/

Sorry, I had to. SO sick of PvPers/WvWers throwing a similar argument in my face as a work around the issues with PvE dailies. It’s BS is what it is, this (the engineer or ‘x profession’ marathons) and the 2 fractal dailies that pop up consistently in PvE- that if you don’t have fractal buddies- means you’re looking at PvP or WvW for the third one.

Some day you’re going to see the two you don’t have as the daily, then you’ll be really kittened off because you’ll HAVE to go to PvE or WvW or spend money/gold/gems for another character slot or two.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

in PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The “Win as…” PvP tasks for the daily are in the same vein as the entire new daily system. There is essentially a war going on between ANet, who wants players to expand their horizons, and players, who prefer not to venture outside of their comfort zones. In the OP’s case, though, requiring someone to buy a new character slot to stay in PvP and get daily completion is not just expanding one’s horizons. With only five slots in game purchase, that leaves three professions that one could not win as, unless they bought slots. I’m not a fan.

However, the new system offers 4 options for each game mode. What other options would PvP players suggest replace the “Win as” tasks.

in PvP

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

I think “Kill a [class] and a [other class]” would be interesting.