So about those laurels...

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

I have 20 laurels now(i’m not bragging) but the only thing I can spend it on to effect my pvp gameplay is…….dyes?
——————————————-

Now this isn’t a complaint thread, this is a question to Anet:

Is there going to be anything I can spend these on for pvp outside of dyes?

Just asking because I’d hate to spend them on dyes then have nothing when you release the content.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

They were implemented to deal with obtaining gear in PvE so they could prolong that process. Doubt you’ll see anything for PvP, it’s to encourage cross-play?

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Empiren.6401

They were implemented to deal with obtaining gear in PvE so they could prolong that process. Doubt you’ll see anything for PvP, it’s to encourage cross-play?

The encourage pvp laurels?

in PvP

Posted by: Fatali.4819

Fatali.4819

It would make sense to add gear chests like the ones the tourney ticket vender sells. Not sure what else they could sell for laurels in PvP, other than finishers/dyes since there seems to be a love of RNG for obtaining gear.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

PvE players: “OMG 10 LAURELS FROM PVP HOLY ROBOT BATMAN”
PvP players: “wtf is a laurel?”
WvW players: “zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg, server reset, zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg.”
Devs: “We are going to implement every single idea ever suggested by anyone SOON.”
Bee Dog: “Moo.”
/state of gw2

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Bee dog speaking a lot of sense.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

WvW players: “zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg, server reset, zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg.”
Devs: “We are going to implement every single idea ever suggested by anyone SOON.”
/state of gw2

what does a hybrid player says then? O_O
I do a little bit of all.

I clear my sPvP daily everyday.
I clear my sPvP monthly every month.

I clear my PvE daily everyday.
I clear my PvE monthly every month.

I WvW with guild members on weekends or on the start of the month to clear 50/50 WvW.

yeah i’m a casual PvE / sPvP / WvW gw2 player.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

/state of gw2

what does a hybrid player says then? O_O
I do a little bit of all.

I clear my sPvP daily everyday.
I clear my sPvP monthly every month.

I clear my PvE daily everyday.
I clear my PvE monthly every month.

I WvW with guild members on weekends or on the start of the month to clear 50/50 WvW.

yeah i’m a casual PvE / sPvP / WvW gw2 player.

Hybrid players: “I like treadmills!” jkjk lol <3

It’s cool that you enjoy all aspects of the game, the game needs a stronger population of this player archetype, they’re the only ones who can give truly unbiased opinions on stuff that goes down in each portion of the game, and they contribute to the longevity of the game as a whole by pulling their friends into all the different parts of the game with them.

You’re like the Morpheus of GW2.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Save them. I never thought I’d be interested by WvW, but recently I’ve seen it can be an avenue for good fights, not just zergs.

At the very least, they’re not hurting anything. They take no inventory space and are not that much different from other types of PvE currency, like gold, which I’ve hear many tournament players say they’d like to get from tourneys.

And they’re undeniably good for hybrid players and probably game longevity (see above post).

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

You can sell the dyes or to make a better profit, buy and sell the Tier 6 crafting materials.

in PvP

Empiren.6401

It would make sense to add gear chests like the ones the tourney ticket vender sells. Not sure what else they could sell for laurels in PvP, other than finishers/dyes since there seems to be a love of RNG for obtaining gear.

:/ There really isn’t much of an RNG system for pvp. If you know the crafting its 100% for most gear and a low proc for the higher gear(slithers).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_reward
——————————————-

Although to be fair once you hit 20+ you have so much extra glory you can craft everything ten times over.