So america got crushed by europe

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

I enjoy the pvp in this game because I hotjoin and slay noobs 24/7, but I thought TP now TC was supposed to be good players?

I love it when people talk trash and act like they are good, and then get owned by actually “good” players.

You know how this false sense of security happened? The broken tpvp system where a group of average players would stomp most of the competition.

How does the above happen? If you have 5 players working decently in a pool of 1000, it is not that hard to rise quickly to the top.

You know what this reminds me of? WoW Season 2/3 People getting gladiator titles on little known servers, and not playing in the BG9 (a list of servers supposedly had the best pvp people) pool of players, because the gladiators were not playing “against good people.” Basically nobody respected them because they were playing against noobs and getting the title.

Looks like they just got exposed.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Unless I misunderstood something but why did you mention TP/TC and their abilities? It doesn’t appear to me to relate to your topic title. I thought this was going to be about CC v SYNC so I am confused by the TP comment.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I enjoy all the feather preening and egotistical gestures. People make such fools of themselves on video games.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Divinity.8041

Unless I misunderstood something but why did you mention TP/TC and their abilities? It doesn’t appear to me to relate to your topic title. I thought this was going to be about CC v SYNC so I am confused by the TP comment.

the real match was TC vs CC, stop acting like this game actually has fans

the golden boys of america got their buts handed to them 3-0

once they actually faced decent to good players, they lost.

People have been saying this for ages, dunno why so talked up

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^But TC won….?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

^But TC won….?

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: QtVain.5803

QtVain.5803

Is it just me, or does nobody else seem to pick up on the fact that EU has some ridiculously, unwarranted, over-aggressive players?

EU is the last thing on our minds on NA. We don’t care about this “ZOMG EU IZ DA BEZT” nonsense. It is always some random from EU that gets all hyphy on the forums and starts drama.

Imo, sounds like the OP needs to head to his local GNC and pick up some testo pills. The estrogen levels are high in this one.

Just congratulate CC for playing better than SYNC did, and move on.

QT Vain
A member of Team [CUTE], forever and always.

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

^But TC won….?

Is it just me or are people just guessing when it comes to which team won. TC = TEAM CURSE = before named as team paradigm. They were not representing EU due to reasons Im not going to explain aldow they won the qualifiers against CC.

The tourney PAX was won by CAR CRASH = CC (representing EU) and they won against Sync (representing NA). The score was 3-0.

(edited by Darkdanjal.3401)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

^But TC won….?

Is it just me or are people just guessing when it comes to which team won. TC = TEAM CURSE = before named as team paradigm. They were not representing EU due to reasons Im not going to explain aldow they won the qualifiers against CC.

The tourney PAX was won by CAR CRASH = CC (representing EU) and they won against Sync (representing NA). The score was 3-0.

He was making a joke.

A slightly truthful one.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

So TC > CC > SYNC > AL?

aka EU > NA?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

So TC > CC > SYNC > AL?

aka EU > NA?

cool story.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

There are some great players NA

The whole team mind set and approach towards competitive pvp is wrong there though. Anyone who’s played in both regions will know what I mean.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

There are some great players NA

The whole team mind set and approach towards competitive pvp is wrong there though. Anyone who’s played in both regions will know what I mean.

I have not played in both regions, but I definitely suspected different in-game cultures for the two regions would have some sort of major effect. Would you mind explaining what this difference is exactly?

I’m not looking to bait you into an argument, I just have no idea what the actual difference is and am genuinely curious. Either way, thanks for the insight!

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

I enjoy the pvp in this game because I hotjoin and slay noobs 24/7, but I thought TP now TC was supposed to be good players?

I love it when people talk trash and act like they are good, and then get owned by actually “good” players.

You know how this false sense of security happened? The broken tpvp system where a group of average players would stomp most of the competition.

How does the above happen? If you have 5 players working decently in a pool of 1000, it is not that hard to rise quickly to the top.

You know what this reminds me of? WoW Season 2/3 People getting gladiator titles on little known servers, and not playing in the BG9 (a list of servers supposedly had the best pvp people) pool of players, because the gladiators were not playing “against good people.” Basically nobody respected them because they were playing against noobs and getting the title.

Going to say roughly (if not exactly) the same thing I did in a different post.

Overall you’re not going to find anyone who, when asked about a tournament, will tell you they’re going to lose. It shows a lack of confidence and doesn’t really lead people to cheer you on. That being said – we were overconfident and they brought their A game.

I played poorly the first two maps and I got kitten on =]

As for anyone who is bashing CC, they played extremely well. They rotated efficiently despite the complete lack of voice communication during the tournament, and they deserved to win. All of them are laid back, well mannered during our whole experience here, and a fun group of people. In game and out of game I honestly don’t know why people complain about them after getting to meet them.

The games, despite it being 3-0, were fairly close at times. They weren’t one sided, and CC knows that. But they kept their head in the game and they played extremely well.
If you want more in depth analysis to each game you can ask me in a different medium. I’ve already looked it through. Besides the lack of warm up for our team (our own fault) there were issues that we need to work out as a team. We’ll be back in 2 weeks for the MLG showcase, and we’ll be sure to give them a run for their money!

Cheers ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHA—- wait what?..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

…snip…

^^ And that my friends is class and sportsmanship! Very well played on both accounts and congratulations to CC on a great showing and coming with a strong counter-comp. Caed, way to take the high-road! Respect.

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

We’ll be back in 2 weeks for the MLG showcase, and we’ll be sure to give them a run for their money!

Wait what !?

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

If this game was actually a esport or was actually close to becoming one I would care. kittening smite is more of an esport then this game is.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Is there really any weight to a win in the current meta?

NA, EU, who cares who’s the best at AoE condition spam and screen clutter?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Nobody got crushed by nobody sync won to finals because 2 rangers CC won the finals because of a warrior now (Just in my opinion I have 0 exp with pvp) Now would they have won if they added a rule preventing players from changing the comp? (the warrior didn’t play warrior before that)

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

The PAX Prime tournament in Seattle was entertaining to watch. That’s all that matters. Hopefully some attention was brought on GW2 as a result, and the competitive PvP community will grow.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

The PAX Prime tournament in Seattle was entertaining to watch. That’s all that matters. Hopefully some attention was brought on GW2 as a result, and the competitive PvP community will grow.

It won’t at all

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

About 1500 people disagreed and left the stream. And even it seemed ‘professional’ I wouldn’t want to bring in new players in the current state of the game.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You mean that my continent was lifted by some supernatural force, and was slammed on another continent?

Hey, I barely felt anything!

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Divinity.8041

Going to say roughly (if not exactly) the same thing I did in a different post.

Overall you’re not going to find anyone who, when asked about a tournament, will tell you they’re going to lose. It shows a lack of confidence and doesn’t really lead people to cheer you on. That being said – we were overconfident and they brought their A game.

I played poorly the first two maps and I got kitten on =]

As for anyone who is bashing CC, they played extremely well. They rotated efficiently despite the complete lack of voice communication during the tournament, and they deserved to win. All of them are laid back, well mannered during our whole experience here, and a fun group of people. In game and out of game I honestly don’t know why people complain about them after getting to meet them.

The games, despite it being 3-0, were fairly close at times. They weren’t one sided, and CC knows that. But they kept their head in the game and they played extremely well.
If you want more in depth analysis to each game you can ask me in a different medium. I’ve already looked it through. Besides the lack of warm up for our team (our own fault) there were issues that we need to work out as a team. We’ll be back in 2 weeks for the MLG showcase, and we’ll be sure to give them a run for their money!

Cheers ^^

a gentlemen.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

You pulled out some flashes of brilliance in game 1 imo.
You’re all invited to Going For Far [BAD] btw :P
More importantly, do you get to keep the shirts?

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

For some crazy reason there are a bunch of Euro’s that actually think this game is worth taking seriously. Most of us here in the states realize its not worth it at all.

in PvP

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Kwll,
It seems that you take it seriously enough to read and post here…

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Kwll,
It seems that you take it seriously enough to read and post here…

I only read them to see the disillusion in the eyes of sPvPers.

Seriously though, most of the NA pros left a long time ago. There are not many “good” players left on the NA side and those that are left are trickling out the door one by one.

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

2 thoughts about this thread.

1. Euros are mad because they were the weakest region in GW1, now they’re better so they can talk a lot I have no issues with it myself.

2. Honestly as soon as I seen the team makeups I knew Sync was going to lose, the meta changed and they didn’t adapt, CC did.

Everyone seems to think that playing a spirit ranger is so easy to gain ranks on the leaderboard, it is anything but right now. There is like 5 warriors every match and throw in some engis and theifs. People are build to beat the condition meta and it gets harder and harder every week.

I would actually kind of laugh if it was nerf’d next patch, I think changed is likely fine but made weaker will kill it unless it is slight tweaking. Devs seem to over patch rangers in the wrong areas so it goes from super weak to super strong and back and forth. Until they make our ultilities better, and do a lot of trait work, rangers will continue to be easy to play. That doesn’t mean they’ll be super strong or weak the class just has limited ways to be hard I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

For some crazy reason there are a bunch of Euro’s that actually think this game is worth taking seriously. Most of us here in the states realize its not worth it at all.

Yet you feel strongly enough to come here and defend ‘the states’ while implying only ’euro’s’ could ever be dumb enough to take this game seriously, just so you could drop some half baked insult. Now thats something only a Murrican would do.

Whoever takes this game seriously is an idiot, american or not.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Same thing happened in gw1. NA traditionally fielded power play teams. EU traditionally fielded balanced/interrupt teams. Then however, if you can remember back far enough, for a small wndow of time Korea entered and they traditionally entered teams that could kill you out right before you had even fired your opening shot. Shortly after Korea restricted to its own server. Over time EU community dropped out and GvG became 2 mirror teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

imo it’s the other way around… it might bring a few new players to the game but at what cost? many many players are dropping it right now… the ppl on my friends list. only 1, yes 1 out of the few left that still log in says he will stay another month. all the rest are jumping out as am I.

GL

in PvP

Posted by: joni.7619

joni.7619

who cares if na or eu wins…

none of the two teams are profesional players
not even have a history of elite pvp
and there isn’t real e-sport

(edited by joni.7619)