Whats it like after the patch?

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Pretty much like people expected. You still can’t kill them but you have a better chance at stalling them since they don’t deal as much damage.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

no. no nerf to sustian and super miniature nerf on dmg. End result – you can survive an extra 5-10 seconds. Ele lost 3 stacks of might and very small nerf on Drake (but RoF was buffed). Its the same ele. I cant believe that they took time to make a balance patch but skipped balancing the most broken build. On the stream they seemed aware that ele was too strong, but i dont know why balancing it didnt make the cut for this patch.

Guess theres always hope for next patch but next couple months will be annoying once again

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: whytscythe.9165

whytscythe.9165

It’s manageable now, it’s still the meta for eles but not as one sided as before.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

so we still can’t kill them but can those annoying kittens still kill us easily as before?

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

so we still can’t kill them but can those annoying kittens still kill us easily as before?

More like you still can’t kill them but at least they kill a tiny bit slower than before. And by tiny I mean it’s pretty small, RoF is more useful as a direct attack, though crossing it doesn’t hurt as bad. That said, that means you also can’t have Necros dance in it for huge burn spike plague signets.

Overall, I’d say this patch had a lot of text for not a lot of change.

Warriors should be pretty happy though. While it may not totally shape their meta builds, some of the changes they got were decent. Last stand buff is huge, if you can escape the need for Cleaninng Ire (admittedly not easy to do).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Nope d/d is just fine. They lost at most 6 stacks of might for 5-10 sec, 3 stacks of might average. Not much else changed..

but the renewing stamina change is a ridiculous nerf for zerk eles.
This is a major trait we have to choose, not a minor with the line. What about this reason it wasn’t equalized with the other the vigor traits?

If the point is to cut cele eles dodges, it should have either been by drastically reducing the vigor on soothing disruption (cantrip vigor) or get rid of it completely.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

More like you still can’t kill them but at least they kill a tiny bit slower than before. And by tiny I mean it’s pretty small, RoF is more useful as a direct attack, though crossing it doesn’t hurt as bad. That said, that means you also can’t have Necros dance in it for huge burn spike plague signets.

Overall, I’d say this patch had a lot of text for not a lot of change.

Warriors should be retry happy though. While it may not totally shape their meta builds, some of the changes they got were decent. Last stand buff is huge, if you can escape the need for Cleaninng Ire (admittedly not easy to do).

kitteni tot so too.
thanks for the reply aye!

hmmm yeah i aappreciate the warrior and engi bufss

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is a major trait we have to choose, not a minor with the line. What about this reason it wasn’t equalized with the other the vigor traits?

This would have been very painful back when perma-vigor gave 1 dodge every 10s. Now, perma-vigor gives 1 dodge every 20s. With just the boon duration in arcana, you now get 1 dodge every 32s. That is 1 less dodge per minute. Zerk eles weren’t really viable before, and Anet isn’t interested in making the changes necessary to make them viable.

Anyway, nowadays you should take arcane precision to get free weakness (which is very strong to mitigate enemy dodges) and a little extra damage. Its better than renewing stamina in 1v1’s, but worse in group-fight situations.

Or, just keep taking renewing stamina and still have perma-vigor with ele contingency and/or soothing disruption.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Pretty much like people expected. You still can’t kill them but you have a better chance at stalling them since they don’t deal as much damage.

No. The buff to ring of fire is huge. Before it had counterplay if you didn’t cross the line. Now you get burned being in the middle. It is horrible design if anet wanted a game mode around holding points or something.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Overall it seems the same, sustain didn’t get touched and the damage changes were tiny at best.

Personally i feel the problem is the sustain, an ele shouldn’t be better than a bunker guard. But oh well.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

No. The buff to ring of fire is huge. Before it had counterplay if you didn’t cross the line. Now you get burned being in the middle. It is horrible design if anet wanted a game mode around holding points or something.

It still has counter play, at least as much as any other PBAOE, you can still dodge it.

It doesn’t tick that 2 burn, its 2 burn on the initial hit and 1 on cross over. So even being hit with it and crossing the ring one is still, in total, less damage than crossing over it once before.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I’ll be frank; even if it is not fair, I will only be happy when the spec meets the executioner’s axe and its remains cremated rather than have it meet the barber for a quick light shave and off it goes.

Yes, I too am glad that it is not my job to do the balancing here

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

good d/d eles seem about the same. still too much might, too much damage and too much sustain. slightly nerfing damage on an OP spec did very little as predicted.

it’s basically impossible to kill it 1v1 with most specs, signet necros still required to counter it.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Nope d/d is just fine. They lost at most 6 stacks of might for 5-10 sec, 3 stacks of might average. Not much else changed..

If the point is to cut cele eles dodges, it should have either been by drastically reducing the vigor on soothing disruption (cantrip vigor) or get rid of it completely.

With the new trait system, could someone please explain why some people keep coming arguing on major minor and master traits ?
Wtf is difference now ?
Before it was availibility. Now it is the same. So please stop asking to get better master than minor. Only what matters is to have a good trait spread accross the 3 levels.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Ele was nerfed? Didn’t notice.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Flame Axe still has good old Ring of Fire.

Inb4 Flame Axe DD Ele meta.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Before each game I’d get ~180-200k condition damage dealt in the summary.
Now it’s ~80-90k.
That’s a hard nerf, lol. That also means burning is way too strong compare to bleeding. 3 burn stacks 5s down to 1 stacks 2s, and almost half of the condi damage for Ele gone.
I’m not complaining, just stating fact. I think it’s a good nerf, and Ele should be nerfed. Just that the people who ask for more nerf, they need to l2p

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Now it’s ~80-90k.
That’s a hard nerf, lol. That also means burning is way too strong compare to bleeding. 3 burn stacks 5s down to 1 stacks 2s, and almost half of the condi damage for Ele gone.
I’m not complaining, just stating fact. I think it’s a good nerf, and Ele should be nerfed. Just that the people who ask for more nerf, they need to l2p

If it shows less damage from condition damage you just die faster. Probably because you didn’t cross the RoF before. Now it applies burning even if you don’t pass through the ring, applying even more stacks making you die faster than before and in return showing less damage taken.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Now it’s ~80-90k.

If it shows less damage from condition damage you just die faster. Probably because you didn’t cross the RoF before. Now it applies burning even if you don’t pass through the ring, applying even more stacks making you die faster than before and in return showing less damage taken.

Dude, it’s damage dealt. I’m the Ele and I dealt much less condition damage according to the summary. Ele was nerfed.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Varonth.5830

Now it’s ~80-90k.

Dude, it’s damage dealt. I’m the Ele and I dealt much less condition damage according to the summary. Ele was nerfed.

That won’t change anything from my statement. If your enemies die faster to the controlled burning application of RoF you will of course deal less damage.

When you enemies are dead faster than before you will deal less damage, as they spent more time being dead.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

With the new trait system, could someone please explain why some people keep coming arguing on major minor and master traits ?
Wtf is difference now ?
Before it was availibility. Now it is the same. So please stop asking to get better master than minor. Only what matters is to have a good trait spread accross the 3 levels.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait

The Minor traits are traits you have to take automatically if you chose the trait line.
The Major traits are the each 3 you can chose.

Edit: It was minor and major before with adept, master and grandmaster.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

witcher.3197

Now it’s ~80-90k.

FYI I main ele ^^ And I actually consider this RoF change a buff, now I can cleave downed targets with it and there is less counterplay (as 2 stacks are applied immediately), and with he proper rotation, Hoelbrak runes and sigil of battle I can still stack 20-25 might in a fight. I kill a tiny bit slower, that’s pretty much it.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I also see it as a buff. Main function is fire field. Initial burn is better then the ring.
I never had a problem fightign RoF. Outside i don´t run in. If inside i don´t run out, just shoot at the ele if he comes close dodge out of the ring avoiding ring + his attack.
Now it will hit with two stacks.
I am happy with the might nerf and the breath is OK.
The vigor nerf was on the wrong place. Soothing disruption should have been targeted. It hits non D/D water eles much more.
And blinding ashes was also wrong. While it hits D/D a bit other builds are hurt much more.
The ele nerfs overal are good but it has a bad taste. On one side D/D is hit moderately and some non D/D builds out of any meta took a hard punch. It could have been much worse but also a bit better.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Ele is still the strongest class easily. Mission not accomplished. Shaving doesn’t and will never work. A hard whack with the nerf bat and then bringing the class back up over a few patch cycles is the way to do it. It breathes fresh air into the meta and gets rid of the FOTM trash. Its not fair the certain classes like the Ele have been top tier for like 95% of the games life while other classes have always been at the bottom or very close to it.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Morpid.3659

Morpid.3659

exactly this i had a 1v1 with a great ele in wvw first time i died the second time i made her run they still have that great sustain but not that faceroll damage DD ele is balance now !

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

witcher.3197

exactly this i had a 1v1 with a great ele in wvw first time i died the second time i made her run they still have that great sustain but not that faceroll damage DD ele is balance now !

WvW has different stat levels, can access consumables, etc, balance is completely different there, you are posting in the wrong subforum.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Ele is still the strongest class easily. Mission not accomplished. Shaving doesn’t and will never work. A hard whack with the nerf bat and then bringing the class back up over a few patch cycles is the way to do it. It breathes fresh air into the meta and gets rid of the FOTM trash. Its not fair the certain classes like the Ele have been top tier for like 95% of the games life while other classes have always been at the bottom or very close to it.

New player spotted. For at least a year, early in the game’s life, elementalists were considered trash in SPVP. Do you remember when the downed state vapor form was a #3 skill rather than #2, meaning that you could use it maybe 1/100 times that you’re downed? Do you know that in the beginning, dagger skills were plagued with bugs and ring of fire dealt low damage? The list goes on and on.

What you described, the process of slowly buffing up over many cycles of patches (along with many nerfs and some reverts), has already happened, culminating at the June 23rd specialization change, when they finally came into the god-tier level. There’s no point in just gutting it again other than to please kitten people.

TL;DR: You are ignorant if you believe that eles have been top tier in the game for 95% of the game’s life.

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

whiners gonna whine…. Ele wasn’t THAT OP before the patch and now they are perfectly fine. Yes, it’s still very strong and one of the best roamers, but the strongest counter to them (necro), also got buffed pretty heavily in some aspects.

It’s very likely that we’ll see much more players taking earth over fire now, which will make the build pretty tanky, but one main problem was, that the D/D-ele had enough sustain AND damage, to eventually win almost any 1v1. Take enough dmg away, and you can add as much sustain as you will; the ele won’t simply win the 1v1’s anymore, but it will be a tie.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

they got a might and condi dmg nerf.
rof always did aoe physical damage. that’s not new

they are kinda like the pre june patch d/d eles only w/o celestial engies and warriors running around that outdamage or outsustain them

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

So ele nerfed enough?

in PvP

Varonth.5830

whiners gonna whine…. Ele wasn’t THAT OP before the patch and now they are perfectly fine. Yes, it’s still very strong and one of the best roamers, but the strongest counter to them (necro), also got buffed pretty heavily in some aspects.

It’s very likely that we’ll see much more players taking earth over fire now, which will make the build pretty tanky, but one main problem was, that the D/D-ele had enough sustain AND damage, to eventually win almost any 1v1. Take enough dmg away, and you can add as much sustain as you will; the ele won’t simply win the 1v1’s anymore, but it will be a tie.

Tournaments added new rules which only purpose was to stop full or almost full ele teams from competing and you say “they weren’t that OP”? Speaking of being disillusioned…