So how does decay work?

So how does decay work?

in PvP

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Q:

I can’t find an explanation to how the system actually calculates the decay. Is it on the hour? How many points per hour? Why can I gain points for a loss while on decay?

So I haven’t played my matches in 3 days which is the limit to when decay is supposed to start as I was told.
Logged on tonight to -12, I thought it was fine and I could play tomorrow before reset when I’m more in the zone for it but then later I looked back on it and saw I was sitting at -26. I then thought maybe this was caused by a reset on midnight instead of the usual 7pm EST but soon later I was sitting at -38. Meanwhile I was messaging a friend I went to -39 and that’s when I had enough and went to queue. Lost the game but I won +4 rating???

I don’t understand exactly how this is possible and what the calculations for the decay are and why I won rating from a lost (which I believe is because of the decay but still).

Is it me that just haven’t seen the information about this or you totally did not explain it anywhere? If it’s the latter, could we please get a breakdown of it?

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

So how does decay work?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

A:

It’s 100 / day after every 72 hours for up to 7 days I believe so basically you were -12 then -26 which means this was around 3 hours time you looked?

When you play, it resets by up to 100 per game, up to +700 after 7 games if you decay hit that far. So what probably happen was you gained back 39 rating from decay but lost 35 for the loss coming to a net of +4.

Since it’s 100 point decay per day it’s 4.16666* per hour.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

So how does decay work?

in PvP

Kitta.3657

Thank you for your answer. Where did you learn that information about the 100 / day?

So how does decay work?

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

They said it… somewhere. I think the patch notes.

So how does decay work?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

le patch notes Kitta

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

So how does decay work?

in PvP

Kitta.3657

I see, I feel stupid now. Thanks

Inactive players will experience skill-rating decay, impacting the division they’re placed in. Decay can be worked off by playing ranked games.
Period of inactivity allowed before decay begins: 3 days.
Skill rating reduction per day: 100.
Maximum skill-rating reduction: 700 (after 7 days).
Decay removed per game played: 100.