So if scissors beats paper...

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

and rock beats scissors..

leaving paper to beat rock..

what beats diamond skin bunker tempest?

Is it Rev, or has the nerf hammer beat him into submission?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Are you talking about 1v1 wise? Why would you try to kill a bunker 1v1? You can’t. He can’t kill you either. However, if you want to pressure him into losing the node then scrapper would be your best bet.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

One person dealing daze, and another damage might have a shot…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I say….nerf diamond skin :-), if only to see what you will complain about when losing against eles anyway ^^

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I rune a power hammer revanent rune of strength and 94% crit chance with air and fire sigils. I take down people in team fights fast though i get countered by anything thats decent in 1 vs 1.

Ive had matches were people didnt come after me and im like a pew pew ranger on steroids so thats always great. When people realize its me doing all the damage i get targeted and i pray to lyssa a chance to land 1 or 2 big hits.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

It’s so funny, people still care about trait, which strong only vs 1v1 and if opponent use pure condi build. Dont fight 1v1 vs bunker, this guy pick tons of defesinve traits and utilty for support his mates. In teamfight you can just focus him, meta tempest weak to focus.

Focus fire and teamplay. Also good power builds, that fall out the meta. This tempest – only answer to all this 9000-torment-confusion-unkillable revs.

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Scrapper can totally force the Tempest to lose a point.

Beside that, you shouldn’t fight a Tempest on a capped node anyway. If it’s your point, you win, the Tempest hits like a wet noodle and can’t kill you. If it’s neutral, you win, the Tempest can’t support the big team fight, and can’t cap you. If it’s enemy capped, what the kitten you’re doing there with a bunker?

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

I say….nerf diamond skin :-), if only to see what you will complain about when losing against eles anyway ^^

How would u nerf it anyway? make it to 99% health bar? plz it’s a GRANDMASTER trait … ele has enough useless grandmaster. (even if it’s bad design) need a rework … not a nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I rune a power hammer revanent rune of strength and 94% crit chance with air and fire sigils. I take down people in team fights fast though i get countered by anything thats decent in 1 vs 1.

Ive had matches were people didnt come after me and im like a pew pew ranger on steroids so thats always great. When people realize its me doing all the damage i get targeted and i pray to lyssa a chance to land 1 or 2 big hits.

Hammer Revs are the first thing I look for the solo queue, they are devastating if let to free cast

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I sense an alterior motive…

in PvP

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Are you talking about 1v1 wise? Why would you try to kill a bunker 1v1? You can’t. He can’t kill you either. However, if you want to pressure him into losing the node then scrapper would be your best bet.

Because there is nothing else left in this meta.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Hammer Revs are the first thing I look for the solo queue, they are devastating if let to free cast

hahaha it is so much fun. Im currently running a pure glass rev and i literally stand as far away as possible. They attack the DH or necro who is usually fighting at the circle and im trying to hide in a corner.

I had this DS ele rage and tell me i was crap cause i landed a 8k hammer with both air and fire sigil go off on him and literally drop him in 1 hit since everyone was focusing him.

This game makes you mad but it definitely has its really fun moments when you want to run a gimmicky build.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I sense an alterior motive…

A reason to post up my paper/scissors/rock image XD

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

hahaha it is so much fun. Im currently running a pure glass rev and i literally stand as far away as possible. They attack the DH or necro who is usually fighting at the circle and im trying to hide in a corner.

I had this DS ele rage and tell me i was crap cause i landed a 8k hammer with both air and fire sigil go off on him and literally drop him in 1 hit since everyone was focusing him.

This game makes you mad but it definitely has its really fun moments when you want to run a gimmicky build.

Yeah, it takes time solo queue teams to find the target the focus, but competent pre-mades will make your life hell. Hammer Rev can’t do to many things if people sits on him.

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

Just wanted to remember you that the archetypes in this game do not work in a paper/scissors/rock scheme. This is not classic rpg.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Beside that, you shouldn’t fight a Tempest on a capped node anyway. If it’s your point, you win, the Tempest hits like a wet noodle and can’t kill you. If it’s neutral, you win, the Tempest can’t support the big team fight, and can’t cap you. If it’s enemy capped, what the kitten you’re doing there with a bunker?

This is pretty much what any sane, decently skilled player knows and believes. People need to put more pressure on anet to create a new PvP mode. Conquest is the reason why all of these super bunkers exist and its definitely not fun. That’s also one of the reasons, I believe, Anet can’t effectively balance their game. The classes are, believe it or not, actually balanced for the most part, or I should rather say that core is balanced vs core and elite is balanced vs elite since there’s no argument that these two are from different worlds.

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

I have found mesmer and ele bunkers to be free kills on cele/marauder druid (cele is actually easier cus of some (minimal) condi damage). They take maybe a little longer to kill but im talking 1 minute fight tops, in a strictly 1 v 1 situation.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

While I understand that elementalist has a delicate balance that can be upset by the slightest of nerfs or buffs in many cases, I still cannot find it in me to agree with any scenario in which “don’t fight them” or “1vx” is accepted as a valid strategy.

There should be a hard counter for scenarios like this that doesnt require building specifically against it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

There should a good counter to bunker strategy actually.

right now there is nothing wrong or risky about having a bunker on your team.

is more like you absolutelly need 1-2, and a team with 3-4 is ok too.

Bunkers are a build strategy and like all of those it needs some risk on doing it and a lot of risk on over doing it.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

This should be copy-pasted in every thread QQing about 1v1 ing a DS Tempest.

This.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

While I understand that elementalist has a delicate balance that can be upset by the slightest of nerfs or buffs in many cases, I still cannot find it in me to agree with any scenario in which “don’t fight them” or “1vx” is accepted as a valid strategy.

There should be a hard counter for scenarios like this that doesnt require building specifically against it.

Oh, a thief.

So what about thieves hard countered mesmers before? What was the strategy to that?
L2P?

Same situation here imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You know how they say only guitarists can write a good guitar part…. Well an ele knows how to beat an ele.

Play the class and you’ll find it’s weakness.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

why nerf DS now? isnt it like 2 years old?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Okay so when they Nerf DS, eles will just switch to Stone Heart.

Then people will be complaining about perma prot Stone Heart tempests next.

It’s a vicious cycle.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Diamond skin sucked for 1 years before some people started complaining it was OP.
The skill itself hasn’t changed, but the meta got cheesier so finally people notice it, and as usual, if it works then it must be nerfed to uselessness, like Engi Turrets or Ice Bow.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

Diamond skin sucked for 1 years before some people started complaining it was OP.
The skill itself hasn’t changed, but the meta got cheesier so finally people notice it, and as usual, if it works then it must be nerfed to uselessness, like Engi Turrets or Ice Bow.

seems legit, if people beat it then it must be nerfed.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in PvP

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

if it works then it must be nerfed to uselessness

Are we talking about thief now?

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

It’s easy to write it off as that, but the better explanation is tempest auramancer now gives more sustain than the previous d/d ele had. It’s far easier to maintain DS at least in a 1 v 1 now.

Not to mention, the meta has shifted more towards bunker/condi so there’s less burst damage being thrown around.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

if it works then it must be nerfed to uselessness

Are we talking about thief now?

Thief could use a buff indeed. What’s the point when Mesmer’s got everything you got and more.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

It’s easy to write it off as that, but the better explanation is tempest auramancer now gives more sustain than the previous d/d ele had. It’s far easier to maintain DS at least in a 1 v 1 now.

Not to mention, the meta has shifted more towards bunker/condi so there’s less burst damage being thrown around.

Yeah but eles play bunker tempest because there isn’t any other alternative, not because it’s strong, but because without diamond skin and perma protection we just melt in pace. It’s Anet that designed it that way, but there is nothing more I would want than go back to the fresh air meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Yeah but eles play bunker tempest because there isn’t any other alternative, not because it’s strong, but because without diamond skin and perma protection we just melt in pace. It’s Anet that designed it that way, but there is nothing more I would want than go back to the fresh air meta.

Preaching to the choir. I never liked the “sustain-forever” faceroll that was D/D ele, and I was outspoken about it in the ele forum. Tempest is even worse, but as I want to be competitive I play it.

Regardless, I’d rather diamond skin was reworked to be more interactive and less binary.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Okay so when they Nerf DS, eles will just switch to Stone Heart.

Then people will be complaining about perma prot Stone Heart tempests next.

It’s a vicious cycle.

I already think stone heart is a better trait. But I run with water, aura grants regen and soldier runes. Each shout removes 2 condis, except my heal which removes 1. All my aura skills remove 1 condi, and I am also procing passive auras that remove condis. I do not feel like its possible to kill a well built shout tempest with condis. So there is no point in traiting diamond skin, except being a stronger 1v1 fighting. I prefer to trade a small amount of 1v1 potential for some 1vX potential or XvX potential. Stone heart is an awesome trait, diamond skin is very powerful, but also completely useless in most team fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Oh, a thief.

So what about thieves hard countered mesmers before? What was the strategy to that?
L2P?

Same situation here imo.

I didn’t even say thief.

What are you doing.

Calm down, that was a stunning gold-medal leap to conclusion city though.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

we did hard counter mesmers before yes, but thats all we countered.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

by that logic, why did Chrono bunker needs a nerf?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Because it’s not only about 1v1. Chrono bunker made the whole team invulnerable (low cooldown) while pumping out tons of quickness and alacrity.

Tempest can be focus fire and die easily in a team fight.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Because it’s not only about 1v1. Chrono bunker made the whole team invulnerable (low cooldown) while pumping out tons of quickness and alacrity.

Plus, you can never get the chrono bunker off the point with perma Stability. You literally have 0 chance of decapping a point.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Plus, you can never get the chrono bunker off the point with perma Stability. You literally have 0 chance of decapping a point.

And then Chronobunker also has massive amount of AoE CC, on low cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Diamond Skin only gets you so far through leagues before people start focusing you and countering you…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

How would u nerf it anyway? make it to 99% health bar? plz it’s a GRANDMASTER trait … ele has enough useless grandmaster. (even if it’s bad design) need a rework … not a nerf.

Give it a cooldown, so that they can’t just overload water and immediately regain immunity. Also, make it ineffective against control conditions, like cripple, blindness and fear.