So is NightBlue playing GW2?

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

A few days ago I saw blue stream gw2, I have no idea is Blue gonna stream gw2 in the future or not. I mean if we can get blue and soda stream gw2 at same time, we can get twitch NO1 in no time. Anet really should get in contact with Blue, not to pay him or anything, just talk about pvp portion because he seems to be interested in that.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

whos nightblue?

in PvP

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

First Sodapoppin now this NightBlue. You must watch these guys a lot.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Omg the hype is real!!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Let me guess, another WoW related thread?
OP, are you really going to start a new thread every day about some never heard WoW players, or trinity or something else WoW related things?

in PvP

Posted by: BustaGunz.2740

BustaGunz.2740

Please no.. Don’t get me wrong, i love that guy, i always follow the stream etc..
But his fan-base.. just no. There’s enough kids already.

in PvP

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I have no idea who any of these people are. Why do they matter?

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

A few days ago I saw blue stream gw2, I have no idea is Blue gonna stream gw2 in the future or not. I mean if we can get blue and soda stream gw2 at same time, we can get twitch NO1 in no time. Anet really should get in contact with Blue, not to pay him or anything, just talk about pvp portion because he seems to be interested in that.

what’s nightblue? a new dye? does it have to be diluted in a stream of soda in order to work? What’s twitch and why are you interested in its nitrogen monoxide emissions?

no entiendo….

in PvP

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Anet really should get in contact with Blue, not to pay him or anything, just talk about pvp portion because he seems to be interested in that.

Yeah, Anet should totally re-allocate valuable resources in order to get in contact with some kid I’ve never even heard about. The mere hint that he seems to be interested in PvP makes this of the utmost importance and should even get prioritised over trivial stuff such as camera-changes, stability or even HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: BustaGunz.2740

BustaGunz.2740

what’s nightblue? a new dye? does it have to be diluted in a stream of soda in order to work? What’s twitch and why are you interested in its nitrogen monoxide emissions?

no entiendo….

He’s a streamer, a pretty famous one, Challenger player on League of Legends, usually he have around 30k viewers

in PvP

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Makes me think I’m reading the WoW forum, not Guild Wars 2. They talk about these streamers over on that forum. The last time one got banned for breaking the TOS, there were multiple threads raging about the unfairness of his ban.

Different forums talk about different things OP.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in PvP

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I have no idea who any of these people are. Why do they matter?

They don’t.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in PvP

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

A few days ago I saw blue stream gw2.

Nobody cares.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in PvP

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

You should care. Any new waves of interests in this game’s PvP is a good thing whether it comes from Soda or NB3. These two have nearly two million followers together.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in PvP

thefantasticg.3984

I don’t care. Don’t care if PVP interest in this game dies out 100%. Pretty sure it’s not PVP players that’s keeping the gem store up and running thus keeping the lights on.

in PvP

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Then I’m not sure why you’re posting your opinion on a pvp topic.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

I don’t care. Don’t care if PVP interest in this game dies out 100%. Pretty sure it’s not PVP players that’s keeping the gem store up and running thus keeping the lights on.

Interest in this game in any area helps keep the lights on. Interest in pvp can lead to interest in other areas of the game. Interest in pvp from top streamers develops general interest in the game from their many viewers. Stop being ignorant.

in PvP

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

No ONE aspect is 100% keeping the game alive either. Plenty of people strictly pvp and don’t even touch pve content. Or dungeons specifically. etc etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

Words of wisdom. Quoted for truth.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

So OP creating a new topic cause some random dude which noone even hear about streamed gw2 in his channel, i got it right? Will OP make a new topic if i start to stream as well?

Really its a new level of kitten in the head, its getting worse and worse everyday.
RIP XXI century – natural selection will take care of ya ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

no entiendo….

He’s a streamer, a pretty famous one, Challenger player on League of Legends, usually he have around 30k viewers

A Legend in his own Lunchtime.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

So OP creating a new topic cause some random dude which noone even hear about streamed gw2 in his channel, i got it right? Will OP make a new topic if i start to stream as well?

Really its a new level of kitten in the head, its getting worse and worse everyday.
RIP XXI century – natural selection will take care of ya ^^

Or many people have not heard of him because he didn’t play gw2, on a post in the gw2 community? Oh the magic of LOGIC

He’s challenger in LoL and is pretty well known in other games.

by your logic though, natural selection might be heading your way =D

in PvP

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Because its in general discussions, i guess.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You should care. Any new waves of interests in this game’s PvP is a good thing whether it comes from Soda or NB3. These two have nearly two million followers together.

That actually makes me a bit nervous… PvP is PvP enough without 2 million more people to make it more so.

If that line makes no sense to you, you probably enjoy PvP ;D

in PvP

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

no entiendo….

A Legend in his own Lunchtime.

Y’all can act like such childs sometimes, nightblue is no legend but when hes playing the game hes giving it free advertising for ~30k ppl, that makes the game jump up in twitch charts which in turn brings in more viewers to the other twitch gw related channels and consequently more players to the game.
So while he may be a nobody to many of you, his impact in the game through twitch is much bigger and brings more ppl in than any of you could.
And before anyone try to claim that i’m a nightblue fanboy, well guess what, i’m not, i just happen to pay attention to twitch and other gaming community circles instead of having my head shoved up on my kitten while makking snarky remarks on forums all day
OT: idk about anet doing this, but if other gw2 vets follow what phantaram did to teach soda about classes and stuff it could go a long way in teaching these new streamers how the game works when it comes to pvp and stuff.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

in PvP

thefantasticg.3984

I guess it should have been posted in the PVP section then, hmm?

in PvP

Graybes.8251

Really don’t understand all the negativity and hate being spewed in this topic. I never understand why people get bothered when their game gets more publicity. It’s also funny when people act like any game community is some kumbaya fest where everyone gets along. This is the internet. This is online gaming. Where people hidden behind anonymity can and will act like jerks no matter what game they are playing.

The reasoning to be against popular people publicizing a game because it may make a community toxic is absurd. Every gaming community is toxic to some degree. This game isn’t the exception.

No one is telling you to go watch these streamers but don’t act like they are nobodies just because YOU never heard of them. Don’t act like their publicity is bad just because GW2 is your main game. You should be happy that new people are finding out about this great game regardless of how they found out.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Your last three threads have literally been nothing but “hey guys, this ‘famous’ streamer did/said this! discuss.”

Can you give us a heads up on who you are currently watching so we know what the next thread is going to be about?

in PvP

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I never understood people who watched streamers, etc. Why should I spend my free time watching someone else play is my question (unless I’m checking out a game before buying that is!), but I’m probably a minority considering the popularity of these guys…

Tbh, if he gets a lot of people to join, they might end up quitting anyway because it isn’t to their tastes, whereas whatever game they were playing was. Or they might not join because they like watching him more than playing a game. Or he might just lose fans because they don’t want to watch him play guild wars 2, but whatever he was playing beforehand. I dont think it is going to be a 30k increase from one guy alone because of this.

And if he is only bringing the trinity worshipers back and is indirectly the cause of half the posts [/exaggeration] being hit by “the trinity will solve everything!” then I don’t see this being positive for the community as a whole.

in PvP

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

More people streaming to non-players is certainly beneficial for the game’s publicity, but I really don’t see why we on the forums should care which streamers are or are not playing GW2. The game was surely on track to proceed smoothly without them, so this is really just extra advertisement.

Though, if competitive game streamers start doing PvP, it could go a long way toward ArenaNet’s dream of GW2 being a real ESport.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Anet really should get in contact with Blue, not to pay him or anything, just talk about pvp portion because he seems to be interested in that.

People who mindless live on the words of some random internet streamer are pretty hilarious in a very sad way.

why should Arenanet care what some streamer does? Personally, I suspect all these new streamers and their crowds are going to go back to WOW when that new expansion comes out.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Graybes.8251

People who mindless live on the words of some random internet streamer are pretty hilarious in a very sad way.

why should Arenanet care what some streamer does? Personally, I suspect all these new streamers and their crowds are going to go back to WOW when that new expansion comes out.

Wow expansion already came out several months ago…And Arenanet actually does already care about what a streamer does. They were in contact with that streamer sodapoppin when he started playing this game. They understand that good can come from publicity from these streamers. Sadly many of the players of this game dont.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Some of you criticizing people who watch streams sound like baby boomers criticizing kids on their cell phones. It’s something that people do, and especially the younger crowd. If you don’t understand it, it doesn’t make it invalid.

The other day, I saw sodapoppin playing around with phataram – it gave Phanta close to 2k viewers, and he’s had tons ever since. The chat is full of people saying they are new to the game.

Whether or not you personally approve of streamers is meaningless. More interest in the game is a good thing, whether that interest comes from Internet streamers, online ads, reviews, or newspaper ads, or heiroglyphics. Times change.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Wow expansion already came out several months ago…And Arenanet actually does already care about what a streamer does. They were in contact with that streamer sodapoppin when he started playing this game. They understand that good can come from publicity from these streamers. Sadly many of the players of this game dont.

Except that they was no evidence Arenanet was in contact with them. Someone gifted him a cash shop item which usually comes up as Arenanet. I suspect you wouldn’t know that because no one gifts you stuff.

So you are saying WoW is going to stop getting expansions?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Graybes.8251

Except that they was no evidence Arenanet was in contact with them. Someone gifted him a cash shop item which usually comes up as Arenanet. I suspect you wouldn’t know that because no one gifts you stuff.

So you are saying WoW is going to stop getting expansions?

The Guild Wars 2 twitter account tweeted directly to Sodapoppin the day he started streaming to try and give him advice and to welcome him to the game. If you think developers of a game don’t care when some of the most popular streamers start playing their game you are very mistaken. Also I’m not quite sure why you seem to have tried to take a personal attack on me our of no where by saying no one gifts me stuff.

No I don’t expect wow to stop getting expansions. I’m just pointing out the fact that one JUST came out so why can’t we welcome players from other games. If they want to go back at some point then go back. People are allowed to play multiple games at once or at different times.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

no entiendo….

oh, thanks for the fill in. By streamer i understand you mean somebody who streams videos while he plays? I guess i amout of synch with this era….

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

well at least nightblue isnt a kittenbag like sodapoppin…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wtf do pve players always have to come and be all like “kitten pvp kitten yo couch”

Just makes me feel better when pve gets nerfed due to pvp Balance…

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Soda is a pretty nice guy, he swear a lot but that is just his personalty, he just did a charity stream last sunday and raised 10k for charity.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Soda is a pretty nice guy, he swear a lot but that is just his personalty, he just did a charity stream last sunday and raised 10k for charity.

I’ve bought kittenty humble bundle bundles for inappropriate amount of money and put most money in donations, does that make me a nice guy? How does that work.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Big streamers streaming is a good deal for us, even if you don’t like them. By teaching sodapoppin for a while, Phanta managed to more than triple the size of his stream, if just for a while.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Streams matter only to the people they matter to.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

but…. it’s just as fun to kill those people in PvP as it is anyone else. so bring em on in!

in PvP

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

If this leads to faster queues and/or less variance in MMR in each game it’s a positive. Why are people against more exposure?

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

False.

Sodapoppin is good advertisement for GW2. I bet some of his viewers have picked up the game.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Whatever “conspiracy” theory is happening where sodapoppin starts streaming right before PAX and GW2 sale, it’s for a greater cause :x

The fact that nightblue joined in just makes everything better.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

only kittenbags do charity streams in my experience. they make up for being bad people by giving back to society, and it makes them not as bad in general, but still unpalatable at a smaller scale.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

one of these days a charity will need to be formed to rehabilitate the personalities of children who grew up with game streamers as their role models.

in PvP

Posted by: pfanne.9783

pfanne.9783

only kittenbags do charity streams in my experience. they make up for being bad people by giving back to society, and it makes them not as bad in general, but still unpalatable at a smaller scale.

By your logic I am surprised you aren’t doing charity streams daily.
The saltyness of people in this thread is incomprehensible.

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

By your logic I am surprised you aren’t doing charity streams daily.
The saltyness of people in this thread is incomprehensible.

im just not afraid to speak my mind. like… personally im not salty at all, i welcome the increased viewership. exposure is good for the game and good for our queue times. and nightblue is a good guy.