So, it finally happened.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Whirlpool.9410

Whirlpool.9410

I am by no means the strongest PVP player in the world, but today, while utilizing the trebuchet in Kyhlo, I started receiving threatening /tells from a thief who had tried to attack me. Calling me a variety of names and juvenile insults, he proceeded to start telling me to fight him in RL, that he was going to trace me, and finally blocked me after uttering, ‘good luck breathing next week brah’.

Really.

I spent the entire time staring at my screen in disbelief and amused laughter.

But it /actually happened/.

Thus, I thought I’d generate a thread. How often has this happened to you other PVPers, eh? XD

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

It does happens a lot in PvP, usually I get some insults and then its over.
Few times they insult me then block me and then keep kittening in /say chat like " ahahah I blocked you noob ! I have a bigger kitten than you !" , I guess it’s normal when every kid can play the game, it feels like I’m playing COD somethimes.

I usually just report them and laugh for a bit

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If it happens, it are thieves.. ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

Yeah. I reported him and have screenshots of the whole thing.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Never had someone actually threaten to kill me, but getting insulting tells from players in spvp happens to me fairly regularly. Also, the same thing happens with the blocking. Its really weird.

There definitely seems to be a lot of strange and maladjusted people playing spvp.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

I don’t understand it, personally. I mean, I know I get frustrated when I feel like I got robbed of a victory or something, but I don’t think I’ve ever done the whole ‘I AM GOING TO FIND YOU AND BEAT YOU UP IN RL’ thing.

Mostly because I’m not maladjusted. But this sort of stuff /does/ seem really, really prevalent not just in PVP, but on the internet as a whole.

It’s still kind of chilling, if hilarious.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

There is nothing more satisfying than getting hate whispers from a thief.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

He actually told me ‘only cowards use treb’ and ‘only cowards play mesmer’.

This was coming from a thief.

LOL.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Can’t tell ya how many times I get that on my MM/DS necromancer. I get kitten talked at all the kitten time and ive had more than a few threats where im sitting there going (Id be well in my rights to call the cops right now o.O)

I’ve found that pvpers tend to have such a high opinion of themselves (myself included on some days) that anyone that beats them can’t possibly be doing it legitimately.

Its sad….yet also rather amusing. Atleast most people realize when there thinking that way and choke it down. Sadly the thief the OP mentioned failed miserably at that.

Ghost Yak

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

Yeees. Just a bit. And I was tempted to mention calling the authorities at least once. I really take a dim view of these sorts of things.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Their ego can’t comprehend a defeat.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

Yeees. Just a bit. And I was tempted to mention calling the authorities at least once. I really take a dim view of these sorts of things.

the “authorities” should never be called. just laugh at them report them and move on. a hollow threat from a 2 year old should not warrant you calling the cops and having them go all SWAT crazy guns blazing on some idiot behind a computer acting tough.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

the “authorities” should never be called. just laugh at them report them and move on. a hollow threat from a 2 year old should not warrant you calling the cops and having them go all SWAT crazy guns blazing on some idiot behind a computer acting tough.

I don’t think someone would get SWAT tapped for that, honestly. And this wasn’t on an American server anyways.

(edited by Whirlpool.9410)

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

At least its not as serious as counterstrike (or was it call of duty), where trolls get so mad they call an actual swat team on the guy who just killed them.

Now if only they could code some pve mobs to randomly yell racist slurs (well lore friendly ones) and death threats, then pve might be as exciting as pvp is

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Now if only they could code some pve mobs to randomly yell racist slurs (well lore friendly ones) and death threats, then pve might be as exciting as pvp is

Sizer for prez 2015

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

If I play on my Ranger I get PMS all the time. Don’t get as many on my Mesmer or Ele though.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If I play on my Ranger I get PMS all the time. Don’t get as many on my Mesmer or Ele though.

I get tons of PM on my ele and Mesmers too.

Actually, any class I get PM when I am playing at my best.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Some people cant handle losing on a video game because its the only part of their life where they’re good at something.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’ve only gotten a few hate PMs. One was on my ranger and I sucessfully 1v1 a thief. I got lucky and dodged his stealth bursts twice. He almost had me before I took him down. But he was very upset, calling my b***h, noob, etc. Although he did destroy me several times during that match, he was still all kitteny about it :P

I had another refuse to kill me while I was downed. Would wait until I had almost rezzed, then drop me back down again. Eventually I gave up and just bled out, but we were joking about it. Not so much hate, but rather cheap move :P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Bleeding someone out is a standard tactic. Don’t put yourself in that position.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Yeah, but I’ve never seen one try to keep me bleeding out for so long. Generally I’ll either get stomped, or DPS’d from a distance. Never had anyone purposly keep me in a down state for as long as he did. He said it kept me out of the fight, and made it a 4v4 to “even things out”. It was rather amusing though, and we both had a laugh about it. I wasn’t even mad :P

recognize my command!”

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Not sure what is worse, the in game complainer, or the complainer who comes to the forums to post about it.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Not sure what is worse, the in game complainer, or the complainer who comes to the forums to post about it.

Or is it the one who post a complaint in a thread complaining about people who are complaining about people complaining?

recognize my command!”

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

Generally I’ll either get stomped, or DPS’d from a distance. Never had anyone purposly keep me in a down state for as long as he did.

I usually just let my downstate hp bar auto deplete instead of smashing #4 unless I am being rezzed by an ally…

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Never self res alone. He may seem to leave you, but most people still have you targeted as they leave point so they can come back to stop you at the last second. The bleeding out staggers respawn so that someone on your team will in theory never be on the map and looking at a grey screen. The only exception may be Ranger because his self res becomes really quick with #3.

By the way, only people who think they have something to prove try to talk you down. They’re probably worried that their reputation is tarnished. What they need to know is that no one really cares and they should just keep going.

On the other hand, I think I get more messages like “man u suck” or “r u new” xd

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I highly doubt they would do anything about the behavior the Original Poster mentioned. The developers turn a blind eye to verbal abuse in the PvP community passing it off as “they are passionate” about the game.

Just think about the general forgive and forget a certain purple butterfly user got for his gun threat/joke.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

I highly doubt they would do anything about the behavior the Original Poster mentioned. The developers turn a blind eye to verbal abuse in the PvP community passing it off as “they are passionate” about the game.

Just think about the general forgive and forget a certain purple butterfly user got for his gun threat/joke.

I would hope they would. I just spent an entire game with a guy spamming racial slurs and demanding people to come to ‘Iraq’ so he could ‘kill them’, while claiming to be in the British military.

Fun times. :P

Also, I have noooo idea who you’re talking about. Sounds like a fun story, though!

That said, I think the general lack of communication that anything is done to any of these people who do these kinds of things contributes to an atmosphere where it feels like nothing is actually done to these guys (even if things were done).

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Sizer for prez 2015

Thats not sizer.

Fixi

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Sorry to hear it OP, hope you just shrugged it off.

I agree that it seems to be thieves acting like this more often than the rest. Guess something about a thief speaks to these people more than the other classes.

I believe this type of thinking is the main culprit…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Sizer for prez 2015

Thats not sizer.

. . . . .
Are we thinking of two different Sizers or?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

and thats the reason why i like playing a moba sometimes where 90% of the players are russians and i dont understand any of the insults XD.

but seriously, dont take them serious. they just rant that they were outplayed and cant handle a loss well. im sure, we all have our nerdrage moments..well unfortunatley there is som extreeem ragers out there…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Took you a while to get someone do it.

Everyday I go to spvp on necro it happens to me.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Sizer for prez 2015

Thats not sizer.

. . . . .
Are we thinking of two different Sizers or?

I mean he isn’t Sizer, as in the Sizer who is on TCG.

Fixi

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Zekvich.6701

Zekvich.6701

I get abuse nearly every day I do pvp, they mainly try to humiliate me with me class choice however they do not release I play 5 classes and each one gets slandered.

I think most people want me to play rubbish handmade specs rather than the meta builds I can find much easier than making my own lol.

In order of most raged about I’d say it is for me:
1) Venom stack thief (party buffer)
2) Beserker LB ranger (glass cannon, easy to kill me really)
3) Med guard (Someone kite me please?)
4) PU Mesmer (I can’t do burst, think I need to l2p lol but I annoy with stealth spam)
5) D/D ele (More tank than med guard, can 3v1 for a good while against most randoms yet get complained at the least)

Every class is OP :o who would have guessed.

(I am doylak rank so very nooby but still get raged at lol)

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

Honestly, yeah. I’m shocked it took as long as it did.

But I do think it’s important we, as players, discuss the level of abuse and vitriol that does occur. That kinda stuff is bad.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I am by no means the strongest PVP player in the world, but today, while utilizing the trebuchet in Kyhlo, I started receiving threatening /tells from a thief who had tried to attack me. Calling me a variety of names and juvenile insults, he proceeded to start telling me to fight him in RL, that he was going to trace me, and finally blocked me after uttering, ‘good luck breathing next week brah’.

Really.

Thus, I thought I’d generate a thread. How often has this happened to you other PVPers, eh? XD

…And nobody ever heard from Whirlpool again…

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve had some people say rude things in /say before (I’m assuming that “gf” doesn’t mean “good fun”), but no whispers before. Then again, I only play Hotjoin and I don’t take things seriously. If somebody’s talking trash, I just let them babble on and focus on playing. After all, if they’re typing, they’re not killing or capping. :P

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Whirlpool.9410

Really.

…And nobody ever heard from Whirlpool again…

I’ve still got some time left on the clock, according to his death threats.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I’ve had some people say rude things in /say before (I’m assuming that “gf” doesn’t mean “good fun”), but no whispers before. Then again, I only play Hotjoin and I don’t take things seriously. If somebody’s talking trash, I just let them babble on and focus on playing. After all, if they’re typing, they’re not killing or capping. :P

gf means good fight – I was also initially confused.

So, it finally happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I think the pvp community is actually rather fairplay (except of course these kitten ragequitters!). I rarely get insulted, even when running D/P thief or winning outnumbered fights using supply crate, or even winning 1v1 fights using supply crate, for that matter. I mostly do tpvp, and hotjoins to test builds, but when I occasionally go roaming in WvW I invariably get insults, even though I’m playing a rabid, half-cheesy engineer build and not a PU mesmer or SA thief. They are often human female thieves with double Incinerators, underboob T3 cultural armor and a flower in their hair!