Posted by: telimo.7201

telimo.7201

Hasn’t even been a week.

or two ^.^

So it's been a few days....

in PvP

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

So they made a decision to allow poor players to lose pretty much every game for more than a week? That’s a good way to keep the player’s coming.

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

So they made a decision to allow poor players to lose pretty much every game for more than a week? That’s a good way to keep the player’s coming.

If there were a QA dept that actually played their own game in a semi-decent fashion, they would not have allowed this meta continue or for that matter this type of matchmaking algorithm. I really feel sad that after 30 seconds in a match, either I auto attack to win or I just alt tab to lose. It literally makes no difference.

At least give us a GTFO button so we can GTFO of the match by resigning like we could in GW1.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I’m sorry, but should poor players be winning? It’s a ladder. You climb it when you are better than the people below you.

If you aren’t, well, then you are where you belong.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Well, the ultimate goal of leagues is to separate players by their level if skill, if a player happens to be on the bottem 10-20% of player skill level then yes, they will keep losing, because thats where they belong

As many have said, the leagues are NOT a reward track, your not entitled to legendary (or any other) division just because you played x many games, you need to git gud and earn it

in PvP

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

I’m sorry, but should poor players be winning? It’s a ladder. You climb it when you are better than the people below you.

It’s a league. A league where all participants are forced to play in the highest tier. This is like you trying to compete in the Olympics.

in PvP

velmeister.4187

This is actually true when you are comparing apples to apples. However, it becomes absolute garbage when you apply it to the context of GW2 sPvP system that allows duos, trios, quintets and solo players compete in against each other in one single arena. Then you are comparing apples to orange to cucumber to Donald Trump to what not. And your solid logic on paper becomes a stupid fallacy in reality.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

See you are under the impress that Good players should only play poor players. That is where you are wrong. MM should match up teams based on MMR not just creating teams from your MMR. Team vs Team is not MMR based it’s random.

The current system is not fair in that manner nor is it fair for solo players. The current system allows teams to abuse it at the cost of the solo players.

in PvP

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I’m sorry, but should poor players be winning?

You should get a reasonable number of matches against players of your mmr or lower where you have a chance of winning. This isn’t happening for a lot of players and as noted above the situation is made worse by players grouping.

in PvP

velmeister.4187

you need to git gud and earn it

you need to git gud to understand what people are discussing here first before typing a response, I guess. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

failure is the mother of success

true pvp players will rise out of the ashes of defeat and emerge victorious!

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

See you are under the impress that Good players should only play poor players. That is where you are wrong. MM should match up teams based on MMR not just creating teams from your MMR. Team vs Team is not MMR based it’s random.

The current system is not fair in that manner nor is it fair for solo players. The current system allows teams to abuse it at the cost of the solo players.

Matching up based MMR is season 1. It sucked. Legendary players had to fight Legendary players all the way through Amber, while worse/new players got to fight a much less quality of competition to make the SAME progress. Ranks were meaningless and everybody hated it. You are now matched up based on your position on the ladder. If you’re still in Amber, you’re fighting other Ambers around the same range.

It’s infinitely better and its not going back. It’s a ladder. If you can’t progress, then your ladder standing is currently where it belongs. Deal with it.

(edited by Celeras.4980)

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

If you can’t progress, then your ladder standing is currently where it belongs. Deal with it.

Is that ‘your’ meant to mean solo, duo, trio, quad or full team?

Think, then type.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

@Celeras.4980

You’re missing a couple of fundamental points:

1.) Your argument presupposes a level playing field. Do you maintain that the current status of classes and pre made vs solo is a fair playing field?

2.) On a deeper level, when the community prospers the members of the community prosper. By maintaining such a socially conservative stance, you would likely drive away new players and lose some of the current ones. It’s no fun to be elitist when only the elite are left.

City of Heroes died with a whimper. I maintain it was partly because the newer players were driven out.

Star Trek online pvp is now almost non existant. It got so elitist ( and pay to win ) that only a very few still bother.

GW2 looks to be heading the same way to me. 10+ loss streaks have been my days and nights so far in this tournament. I’m masochistic enough to keep trying but I don’t think many are.

The Pro League players should remember that they are more or less entertainers. They are paid to provide a show to encourage people to play GW2 in general and pvp in particular.

The most recent changes pleased the top 1% of players… can pvp really continue and be healthy on that 1%?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Matching up based MMR is season 1. It sucked. Legendary players had to fight Legendary players all the way through Amber, while worse/new players got to fight a much less quality of competition to make the SAME progress. Ranks were meaningless and everybody hated it. You are now matched up based on your position on the ladder. If you’re still in Amber, you’re fighting other Ambers around the same range.

It’s infinitely better and its not going back. It’s a ladder. If you can’t progress, then your ladder standing is currently where it belongs. Deal with it.

Where’s the logic in that?! If our matchmaking now matches us based on season 1 ladder, WHY NOT JUST KEEP US THERE? WHY should veterans take their lumps again with beginners? We’ve done that. I should be in ruby this season, picking up where I left off.

in PvP

Ghorman.1368

I guess you don’t understand how the new system works. Your team is created off your MMR but your team vs team is random (Within your range).

For example (Making up numbers to make it easy):
Your MMR is 900, lets say the range is /- 50 points. Your team could be made of 4 × 850 players but yet you will fight a 950 team. Anet is not keeping the teams MMR close enough that is why you are seeing 20 defeats and matches 500-50. The current system needs adjustments along with a pure solo queue without groups.

in PvP

Ghorman.1368

I guess you don’t understand how the new system works. Your team is created off your MMR but your team vs team is random (Within your range).

For example (Making up numbers to make it easy):
Your MMR is 900, lets say the range is + / – 50 points. Your team could be made of 4 × 850 players but yet you will fight a 950 team. Anet is not keeping the teams MMR close enough that is why you are seeing 20+ defeats and matches 500-50. The current system needs adjustments along with a pure solo queue without groups.