So mesmer/ele nerfs today?

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

So is it ok to expect that after month there is gonna be something done about these moflocks?
Or fix something else anything… just do something…
Maybe im just biased and wrong, maybe really a game company that cant make leaderboard for 3 years actually managed to make one of their biggest balance patches completely perfect and there is no update required.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Bit close to WTS.

Maybe – Maybe not.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: uboot.8715

uboot.8715

Correct me if I am wrong but is it already a month since Anet has annouced bi-weekly balance patches?

Champion Titles: 6/8
The Various Artists [feat]

in PvP

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

They should have done it last week forbi-weekly.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Correct me if I am wrong but is it already a month since Anet has annouced bi-weekly balance patches?

They released patch on 23rd last month then after 2 weeks they released patch that basicly had nothing to do with balance just bug fixes. And this is 3rd week since that patch.

I just dont get how can you change the whole meta and then just go blow ele warhorn for a month.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

At least fix the bugs please.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

damage + mantra nerf for mesmer
insta burn nerfs for ele/guard
rampage nerf
overall slight nerf to damage as it’s too high.

that’s my wishlist. guess it will be another month.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Balance leading up to HoT was announced, not bi-weekly per se.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Maybe bi-weekly means something else to them? They might need one of those word-a-day calendars.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

they need the current mesmer to make the WTS looks cool.

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

they need the current mesmer to make the WTS looks cool.

Right, because pink lazers and loads of butterflies look “cool”

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Mantras nerfed/fixed, eles pretty much untouched.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Mesmers nerfed, rangers&engineers buffed, mainly bug fixes

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Is that what they call a nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i think it’s decent..

in PvP

Krysard.1364

i think it’s decent..

Yeh, but I was waiting a 10s ICD with CS

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

So is it ok to expect that after month there is gonna be something done about these moflocks?
Or fix something else anything… just do something…
Maybe im just biased and wrong, maybe really a game company that cant make leaderboard for 3 years actually managed to make one of their biggest balance patches completely perfect and there is no update required.

If you haven’t noticed, the patch notes are up and they fixed Mantra cooldowns.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Overall a decent patch, but no Ele nerf is strange…

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

OP that would imply they actually read the pvp forum and to spoil it no.

The big 3, Ele, Mesmer, Thief, remain untouched.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

They nerfed Mesmer damage, Anet removed one bounce from Mirror Blade.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

i think it’s decent..

This no CS nerf is astonishing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Krysard.1364

OP that would imply they actually read the pvp forum and to spoil it no.

The big 3, Ele, Mesmer, Thief, remain untouched.

Funny because there is a part of PvP thieves that think thief is trash right now and he is hard-carried with SB#5

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

i think it’s decent..

I beg to differ, no nerfs to Ele is more astonishing.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Yeah, instead the nerf Mirror Blade, Harmonious Mantra’s and the Mantra Cooldown. So OTHER Mesmer builds are nerfed. And CS actually gets a “fix”.

????

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Krysard.1364

i think it’s decent..

Before patch we could be stunned 6 times in 30s, right now we can be stunned 6 times in 50s, with 10 ICD we have 6 stuns in 80s

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

The balance patch was actually good this time. They did manage to shave off some of the most complained aspects of the game. However, there is still more to work on. Looking forward to the next patch and hopefully they would make more build diversities for engineers as for now its being shutdown heavily by the top meta classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Probably it’s not enough but it’s a decent start.

General burning was untouched and it’s bad but i’m pretty sure anet know this.

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

The balance patch was actually good this time. They did manage to shave off some of the most complained aspects of the game. However, there is still more to work on. Looking forward to the next patch and hopefully they would make more build diversities for engineers as for now its being shutdown heavily by the top meta classes.

Totally agreed. I thought this patch was decent and it’ll be even greater if Anet keeps up with the biweekly balance patches at minimum.

Rampage felt like a bandaid fix (meh), mesmer mantra cooldowns were fixed (great), engineer got some range increases for the already dominant rifle spec (condi needs the love right now imo), ranger got some fixes and slight buffs (I’m really excited about the torch buffs as miniscule as that is to many), but the lack of touching eles at all was odd which probably means they don’t know how to balance the class yet.

If Anet keeps this up I’ll be happy tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

When the reigning pvp class Ele gets no nerfed and this is a good patch? ANet needs look at the insane might stacking, burning and diamond skin balance.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

They nerfed necro instead of ele. Necro been tearing it up I guess

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Rampage probably is good now, always great damage but less duration and more cd, so probably it’s fine.

Warriors can use longbow with berserker’s power and it’s a good thing

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

blinding bug got fixed, hurrrayyy

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They nerfed necro instead of ele. Necro been tearing it up I guess

I know Henry.. I know

Sadly most of the people on these forums, and the developers seem to have other ideas, so there’s hardly any point expressing concerns.

When I get this much dumbness from people at work it’s actually embarrassing to have to state how they’ve gone wrong…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

not ele nerfs.

/15 length

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Mesmer damage lessened much more than just a reduced Mirror Blade bounce. They removed the background mantra recharge which will result in a couple things:

1. Can’t use power lock nearly as often. After the final one is used, Mantra of Distraction starts recharging. Before, it was generally available to charge after the final power lock use. This could be viewed as essentially a 20s CD being inserted on power lock compared to before, which is substantial. In essence, this bug was probably one of the biggest perceived issues with mesmer because it has a trickle down effect on Confounding Suggestions. Of course the resulting fix means less overall AoE dazes, stuns, and less overall damage being done via power block.
  2. Harmonious Mantras damage modifier nerf means less overall damage for mesmers taking the mantra build.

Coupled with the Mirror Blade nerf, those two significant mantra changes will affect mesmer damage by a fair amount.

Then you take into account mesmer sustain was hit, which has an indirect affect on their damage (by them dying more often):

1. Can’t use power return nearly as often. Again, due to the explanation above, Mantra of Recovery will recharge after the last power return is used. This means less overall sustain for mesmers using inspiration/Restorative Mantras (which many have been doing). This also affects Harmonious Mantras damage modifier stacking.
  2. Blinding Dissipation can be blocked and dodged. That speaks for itself.
Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

it’s burn nerfs, not ele nerfs. ele by itself is fine.
and burn nerfs are also needed for everything else, especially the stupid instant 3 stack burns.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I’m a mesmer and… why freakin’ Harmonious Mantras? Why’d that need a nerf? Was that 4% on mantra use really that bad given that we had to actively make it happen? Sure, we might’ve been able to get 20% bonus for 7~8 seconds if we went full-mantra and blew them all at once, but… who freakin’ does that?

I mean, sure, mesmer needed a nerf, and I’m glad they fixed some stuff, but then there are other things that are just… nonsensical in this patch.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

it’s burn nerfs, not ele nerfs. ele by itself is fine.
and burn nerfs are also needed for everything else, especially the stupid instant 3 stack burns.

Ele’s sustain is still too high, too. Burns alone aren’t why they’re stacked on teams. It helps to have a bruisder/semi-bunk that can deal damage with ease, but it’s not the only thing that makes Eles so valuable.

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

ele’s sustain is lower than pre patch with fire water arcane… earth water arcane is higher but deals no damage and is rarely played.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

ele’s sustain is lower than pre patch with fire water arcane… earth water arcane is higher but deals no damage and is rarely played.

One of each is used on one of the competitive teams (Abjured might have even been who ran it). Class gets stacked, and is favored in high tier teams, I don’t know what more you want for obvious proof.

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteOil.1836

WhiteOil.1836

they really need to nerf ele this is insane, war cele got worse, engi cele got worse, and ele cele is still way too good…

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

One of each is used on one of the competitive teams (Abjured might have even been who ran it). Class gets stacked, and is favored in high tier teams, I don’t know what more you want for obvious proof.

they have been doing this pre patch and post patch… the burn is the culprit right now. for d/d ele not much has changed and just because arenanet ruined shoutbow and celestial engi doesn’t mean that they also have to ruin d/d ele.

guess why people run eles, because there is nothing else to run as bruiser.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Nerfed rampage but celestial d/d untouched

Freakin legit anet…frekin legit

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

they have been doing this pre patch and post patch… the burn is the culprit right now. for d/d ele not much has changed and just because arenanet ruined shoutbow and celestial engi doesn’t mean that they also have to ruin d/d ele.

guess why people run eles, because there is nothing else to run as bruiser.

Cele necros aren’t bad bruiser, they’re just not as stupidely strong as cele ele.

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

cele necros have no mobility, something that’s very important in this meta and offer the least support out of celestial builds that are considered viable.

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

When the reigning pvp class Ele gets no nerfed and this is a good patch? ANet needs look at the insane might stacking, burning and diamond skin balance.

The balance patch is good, not perfect. You cannot expect them to fix all the issues in two weeks. Like I said, they are moving in the right direction with the bug fixes. As for burning. Yes it is absurd but there is some counter play. I agree that burning should be toned down but at its current state it would kill engineer completley and turn it to a CC boring bot. It would also destroy a lot of potential builds. Diamond skin isn’t an issue, all you need is direct damage. If you are a pure condi build then the trade off is you are going to be countered by diamond skin and necros and whatever counters condi. So if you want to run pure condi build in your team make sure to roam with someone that can burst the ele below the health threshold. It isn’t a lot of effort as eles have one of the lowest health bases in game.

TL;DR: Anet is a step closer to the right direction. more fixes are needed but with the current bi-weekly trend there can be hope. Moreover, half of what you are complaining about is justified while the other is simply a learn2play issue. This is a 5vs5 Conquest game not a 1vs1 Cheese of the Hill.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

they really need to nerf ele this is insane, war cele got worse, engi cele got worse, and ele cele is still way too good…

Celestial Signet Necromancer still beats Celestial D/D Elementalist.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Celestial Signet Necromancer still beats Celestial D/D Elementalist.

It has a fairly particular niche against boon huggers.