So that's what you have been working on?

in PvP

Posted by: zword.2735

zword.2735

Did just see they are going to release 40 new grandmaster traits – wow seems like the best way to make this game even more unbalanced.
Let’s create a bunch of new stuff that nobody needs so people will be busy trying it for about 1,5 days untill they qq at us again.
The more skills/traits the harder balancing will be.

You can’t tell me that you didn’t create most of them just to give every profession 5 new ones since “every profession deserves new ones, if the ele get’s them.” –
If u feel like some new traits are necessary – why didnt u only introduce them – instead of looding the game with all the other stuff?

So here’s my question – what’s the point of the whole new trait thing?

Oops Kekz – Accidently Famous [oops] – Guard
Team q wins : 2000+
Hotjoin wins: 10

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

To give people more to do in pve was probably the primary motivator, with the side effect being that it may “shake up” things in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Here I was thinking all the little princesses would be happy.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I’m not surprised you missed it but they also talked about changing current traits. there’s probably going to be even more as well.

in PvP

Posted by: zword.2735

zword.2735

I did not miss it
I’m just suprised why the blog about the new traits isn’t called “(more) inbalance incoming”

Oops Kekz – Accidently Famous [oops] – Guard
Team q wins : 2000+
Hotjoin wins: 10

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

i would rather having them stop making passive traits and actually give more active play.

in PvP

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

you really can’t ask for actual balance, just hope everything works

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderclock.7390

Thunderclock.7390

Another productive sPvP thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

These forums are useless anyhow – minority of a minority of a sub-game that reads and posts here. They’d be better off just shutting this forum down and saving server costs / personnel costs.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderclock.7390

Thunderclock.7390

These forums are useless anyhow – minority of a minority of a sub-game that reads and posts here. They’d be better off just shutting this forum down and saving server costs / personnel costs.

True that.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

The game is already I a bad state of balance. I think the best time to introduce new traits/weapon skills is probably now rather than when its balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

The game is already I a bad state of balance. I think the best time to introduce new traits/weapon skills is probably now rather than when its balanced.

there will never be balance, in any game that has different professions. The problem is when some professions are way above or below average. In the GW2 case, before the December patch professions were very near each other balance wise but since then a few professions have been constantly above every other profession…

As for the introduction of new traits / abilities, it’s better sooner that later.
If we were to wait for balance to introduce new stuff, we would have to wait for years.

I glad changes are being made even though (apparently) the “baby steps” and “shaving” policies have been scratched and we can expect allot more bugs and balance issues…

Just hope it isn’t to late… Even Quake 3 Arena has more twitchtv viewers / streamers that Gw2 I checked it last night…

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

The more traits that they add, the more build diversity.

Also, adding traits that buff skilled play is nice too. See the new Mesmer GM for an example.

It doesn’t matter as much if an OP build arises if they make the truly optimal builds require more skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

there will never be balance, in any game that has different professions. The problem is when some professions are way above or below average. In the GW2 case, before the December patch professions were very near each other balance wise but since then a few professions have been constantly above every other profession…

As for the introduction of new traits / abilities, it’s better sooner that later.
If we were to wait for balance to introduce new stuff, we would have to wait for years.

I glad changes are being made even though (apparently) the “baby steps” and “shaving” policies have been scratched and we can expect allot more bugs and balance issues…

Just hope it isn’t to late… Even Quake 3 Arena has more twitchtv viewers / streamers that Gw2 I checked it last night…

I completely agree. I don’t think complete balance is achievable. I was just putting it in perspective in what it is now compared to what if could be that this is probably the best time to put it in.