So those traning combat npc's?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

When will they be positioned in such a way that they are not stacked on top of each other? causing 1 misclick to agro multiple ones of them A-net?

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

When will they be positioned in such a way that they are not stacked on top of each other? causing 1 misclick to agro multiple ones of them A-net?

We’re working on a fix for them. We’re getting some map changes to get some more combat space. We didn’t get it done in time for today’s build, but hopefully in a couple weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Deathok.2914

Deathok.2914

Could you maybe update them anyways btw?
Like give them meta builds and update them everytime you update the build emplates? Right now there is not a big difference to the golems.
Might as well get rid of the triple dodge they have?
One npc dodged 3 times in a row and a fourth time 2 secs later. And what’s with the block when they dodge?
As we talk about templates could you pleaseeee give us the ability to save our own builds like why not is that really that much work? qq

Toreno #16

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Like give them meta builds and update them everytime you update the build emplates? Right now there is not a big difference to the golems.
One npc dodged 3 times in a row and a fourth time 2 secs later. And what’s with the block when they dodge?
As we talk about templates could you pleaseeee give us the ability to save our own builds like why not is that really that much work? qq

It could be even worse like that. Like, giving thief a D/P PI build, the NPC will probably just spam heartseeker on you or drop a blinding powder and stand still doing nothing. Or would the engi swap to elixir gun to heal/cleanse, then swap off? No. It’d sit in the kit and spam its autoattack until one of you dies (if even switches to kits at some point).

They can’t properly do the combos (can’t even weapon swap I think?) so many of the builds just wouldn’t do kitten.

They are fine the way they are because at least we can try stuff against damage.

Nobody’s going to test any real things against them anyway, they are just there so we get to bang on something in que.

Not worth spending dev time at. Maybe bump their HP up, that’s all.

in PvP

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

It could be even worse like that. Like, giving thief a D/P PI build, the NPC will probably just spam heartseeker on you or drop a blinding powder and stand still doing nothing. Or would the engi swap to elixir gun to heal/cleanse, then swap off? No. It’d sit in the kit and spam its autoattack until one of you dies (if even switches to kits at some point).

They can’t properly do the combos (can’t even weapon swap I think?) so many of the builds just wouldn’t do kitten.

They are fine the way they are because at least we can try stuff against damage.

Nobody’s going to test any real things against them anyway, they are just there so we get to bang on something in que.

I completely disagree. The npcs provide little to no real help. They are just justified punching bags. Unless you are new to the game they won’t pressure you. I’d rather they run realistic builds one can expect to see in ranked because the current NPCs are completely different than what anyone actually plays. I’d rather we have overpowered NPCs that force players to get better than useless punching bags.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

I completely disagree. The npcs provide little to no real help. They are just justified punching bags. Unless you are new to the game they won’t pressure you. I’d rather they run realistic builds one can expect to see in ranked because the current NPCs are completely different than what anyone actually plays. I’d rather we have overpowered NPCs that force players to get better than useless punching bags.

How would a druid NPC be even remotely useful if it doesn’t sync pet swapping with We heal as One for boon stacking, doesn’t combo staff #3 and 5, instead just camps staff auto using random skills.

NPCs don’t have weapon swap to begin with. I think Rev legend doesn’t even use the right side of the bar letalone switch legends or manage its energy.

Giving better builds to the training NPCs is a nice idea, but if they’d only use 1/4th of the build AND incorrectly, then how’s that any better?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

We’re working on a fix for them. We’re getting some map changes to get some more combat space. We didn’t get it done in time for today’s build, but hopefully in a couple weeks.

Thanx for responding.

looking forward to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

There isn’t a concrete rotation needed but honestly anything is better than the state they are in right now. The build setup isn’t even the biggest issue, it is the fact that they don’t use their skills.
For example, the elementalist can one shot most players as it has two arcane skills that hit for 7k ish each if they crit but it never uses them.
Guard doesn’t use the pull on its great sword
Most NPCs either have their old ultimates or never use them.

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

While you are at it, make that our skills don’t have or reduced cooldowns on the training area. If I’m training/testing a combo or smt, suck to have to wait for full cooldowns.

Wanted to learn rampage skills on my new engi sometime ago, and that was painful.

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

What about adernal mushroom and selectable npc to duel like the fractal’s golems?