So, um, memsers seem brokenly OP

in PvP

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Seemingly Tons of healing, Infinite stealth, seemingly infinite teleports plus crazy condition damage seems to be a bit too much. I don’t know though, maybe I just suck.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

(edited by Gern.2978)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Are you mixing the Ele and Mesmer together?
Seems like a very very new player if you ask me.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Ele trait on Mes OP

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Gern.2978

Sorry, confused one ele trait, fixed it though.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I wish all classes had the potential to be as devastating as a shatter mesmer when it comes to burst, mind you with defense on a somewhat relatively similar line as well if this type of build was chosen (I’m not saying give everyone stealth). Fighting a good shatter mesmer gives me a nice rush.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Yeah some mesmer now does almost 20k dmg in only 1~2 sec and rekt warrior’s full hp. I would say they are broken now

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

Yeah some mesmer now does almost 20k dmg in only 1~2 sec and rekt warrior’s full hp. I would say they are broken now

Video? I want to see that

in PvP

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Also they can stun you forever. I was against a mesmer and whenever i ccd im i got stuned, i wanted to heal i got stuned i wanted to use a skill i got stuned. When the mesmer runs out of stuns he goes invisible channels his mantra and there we go again stun.

in PvP

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Also they can stun you forever. I was against a mesmer and whenever i ccd im i got stuned, i wanted to heal i got stuned i wanted to use a skill i got stuned. When the mesmer runs out of stuns he goes invisible channels his mantra and there we go again stun.

Why are you complaining about lockdown mesmer in a thread about shatter ?

The two builds are entirely different and have different task in fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I kindly ask OP and people who think like OP to start looking at themselves and start improving.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol yes mesmer is op but they will always be op so my response would be keep crying. There is nothing you will ever be able do about them. As arrogant as this sounds it is true.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Video? I want to see that

ask Larix ??? Guy. i cant remember his full name but he usually spend times in dueling arena. He did 20k dmg to me all at once (like in 1~2 sec)

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I kindly ask OP and people who think like OP to start looking at themselves and start improving.

He did and rolled a mesmer…..

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

He did and rolled a mesmer…..

lol

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Mesmers OP!?! Better nerf dat necro

in PvP

Posted by: revy.4320

revy.4320

Why are you complaining about lockdown mesmer in a thread about shatter ?

The two builds are entirely different and have different task in fights.

Because it is not a thread about shatter.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

op has got the spvp skills down pat – get killed by class x, come to forum to make wild accusations ( espically that mythical “tons of healing”) in wishful thinking nerfs.

pinch me im dreaming players complaining about mesmers for the first time in 3 years !!!! Mesmers extend your pinkies cuz we are kittening fancified, high class living yo.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

op has got the spvp skills down pat – get killed by class x, come to forum to make wild accusations ( espically that mythical “tons of healing”) in wishful thinking nerfs.

pinch me im dreaming players complaining about mesmers for the first time in 3 years !!!! Mesmers extend your pinkies cuz we are kittening fancified, high class living yo.

i know right!. & worst part is, i’m playing my mez vs other classes, but ppl who know how to play them right. I’mean they got skill level & are doing fine if not killing me time to time. Lame players are just use to have mesmers as a free lunch. But now that they have to pay for it.

in PvP

Gern.2978

I did say that maybe I just suck, so calm your nerd-rage glands people.

Shatter mesmers i don’t find all that OP, cause you just have to dodge their big shatters, it’s really the perma-stealth condi lockdown mesmers I find to be extremely difficult. Really, maybe it’s just the perma-stealth ability, that shouldn’t be possible by any class.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I play mes and I haven’t see any Mes in PvP pull those numbers out. Not even close. However I have had a Guard down me from 21.5K from a combo of moves using an unholy fast combo that was impossible to avoid. It seemed as though he used about 3 skills simultaneously beyond human speed. He could do this consistently without fail.

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

condi perma stealth mesmer are a big issue for warrior, since the counter for warrior should be the cleansing ire trait that will never proc cuz you will never hit. The reason CI should proc on usage not on hit. Cuz you will never hit with blind spam.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Cleaning Ire can proc hitting illusions. However, mesmers have always had an advantage over warriors, which is one of the few professions that can be said of.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

PvP is now full of mesmers that doesnt know how to play, so first time I entered with my mesmer post-patch yes it seemed pretty strong, but right now 90% of time im having less trouble killing mesmers than pre-patch… That said, a well played mesmer is strong, but I dont think it is broken at all, you just need utilites/skills that can help you avoiding their burst, so think about this when creating your build

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: firebug.7420

firebug.7420

Shatter mesmers i don’t find all that OP, cause you just have to dodge their big shatters, it’s really the perma-stealth condi lockdown mesmers I find to be extremely difficult. Really, maybe it’s just the perma-stealth ability, that shouldn’t be possible by any class.

Condi Mesmer isn’t viable at all. Just ignore them, pull them to teamfights and your team will win easily. The biggest mistake people do is to fight every encounter. For example, how to deal with rampage in teamfights: If your team don’t have a Moa up, just disengage and push another note. PvP is not about winning equal fights all over the map.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

^^^^ or give them condi’s back.

give them 3 stacks of burning and then prepare your /sit emotes

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Mesmers OP!?! Better nerf dat necro

Sad but true

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Cleaning Ire can proc hitting illusions. However, mesmers have always had an advantage over warriors, which is one of the few professions that can be said of.

cant cuz of the spam of blind. Blind is the counter to cleansing ire, and its fun cuz is a condition and cleansing ire should be the counter to conditions :P

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Lol another one of these? Because the other 50 of these threads apparently were about something completely different and this one must somehow be unique.

-reads through the comments-

….nope.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Even within the Mesmer community there’s a huge group advocating a nerf to PU (the trait that allow longer stealth duration), unfortunately Anet has made few big nerfs to Mesmers on traits that didnt need to be nerfed, so I am in the camp to keep PU as is, unless Anet revert those few nerfs to Mesmers.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

mesmers are strong, IMO a bit too strong but by no means broken. Many mesmers all use the same tricks and ways to kill you so once you learn how they wanna kill you , they become easier to deal with.

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Even within the Mesmer community there’s a huge group advocating a nerf to PU (the trait that allow longer stealth duration), unfortunately Anet has made few big nerfs to Mesmers on traits that didnt need to be nerfed, so I am in the camp to keep PU as is, unless Anet revert those few nerfs to Mesmers.

I’d be fine with PU’s duration being shaved so long as they returned MtD back to 2 stacks per clone and chaotic dampening to 3-4%

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in PvP

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Mesmers are stronger than ever in this Patch.

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

Mesmers are stronger than ever in this Patch.

As are a lot of classes. It’s not a class specific problem. Why act like it is? Mesmer can do the same now as it could before the patch just better and players that avoided playing shatter now play it because they can make mistakes and not have to have a team peel just for them.
Having problems beating a Mesmer 1v1? Then you’re doing something right(and wrong) since Mesmer tends to be an excellent dueling class. Conquest is a team match and if you focus the Mesmer like you should then you’ll have no problems. Call target works wonders.

in PvP

Posted by: Empty Sky.6354

Empty Sky.6354

I think their strongest skill is Blurred Frenzy. Sure mantra’s are annoying,stealth can also be annyoing,but Blurred Frenzy is too OP in my opinion. If you took away distortion,that it gives them,alot of them,wouldn’t be so free to jump in at foe and try to burst him. I know,they had that skill before,but now with 3 full trait lines,some changes,etc. I think they should nerf Blurred Frenzy. And all it would take is to take away distortion. They can have short cd,as they do now.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I must say watching mesmers defend the class post patch is hilarious after reading all their kittening prepatch

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

I think their strongest skill is Blurred Frenzy. Sure mantra’s are annoying,stealth can also be annyoing,but Blurred Frenzy is too OP in my opinion. If you took away distortion,that it gives them,alot of them,wouldn’t be so free to jump in at foe and try to burst him. I know,they had that skill before,but now with 3 full trait lines,some changes,etc. I think they should nerf Blurred Frenzy. And all it would take is to take away distortion. They can have short cd,as they do now.

So Blurred Frenzy doesn’t give distortion. Otherwise retal and condi wouldn’t eat Mesmers alive. It basically is a 2 second evade. Which isn’t all that powerful in the light you are trying to paint it. Useful? Yep. OP? No.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

It is a matter of a single build doing too much. It has great damage, survival options and utility. Same issue with CeleEle. There is no real trade off or risk anymore.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Wow. Blurred Frenzy now? There’s nothing about mesmers people won’t complain about. I’m becoming more and more convinced that mesmers are not the problem.

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

It is a matter of a single build doing too much. It has great damage, survival options and utility. Same issue with CeleEle. There is no real trade off or risk anymore.

Please please show me this build. I’d love to see it.

in PvP

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Mesmer’s still have longish cds, still have less stealth and reliable ports than thief, theyre burst is still entirely possible dodge if you are somewhat experienced. They are still squishy and die quickly under condi pressure. After they distort / blurred frenzy they have little defense.

I do kinda hate lockdown mesmer with mantra of distraction because people just spam that and it also means they don’t take their own condi clear or more importantly their most powerful skill portal. However, this still doesn’t make them OP. Not knowing how to fight a class and then suddenly having them be a real threat does not make them OP, it means you need to learn a bit more about the class and how to fight it. I feel like most of this mesmer hate comes from the fact that no one really had to worry about mesmers until this patch and now that they are serious contenders in pug matches people think they are somehow OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Wow. Blurred Frenzy now? There’s nothing about mesmers people won’t complain about. I’m becoming more and more convinced that mesmers are not the problem.

I’m waiting for “Pink Butterflies cover half of my screen – nerf!”

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Empty Sky.6354

Empty Sky.6354

So Blurred Frenzy doesn’t give distortion. Otherwise retal and condi wouldn’t eat Mesmers alive. It basically is a 2 second evade. Which isn’t all that powerful in the light you are trying to paint it. Useful? Yep. OP? No.

Blurred Frenzy isn’t OP ? What? 2 and half-ish second evade every 12 seconds. And on top of it,does high dmg. But for me mostly,it’s every 12 seconds,they get free Distortion skill. Again,I know they had all this before,from get-go, but with Blurred Frenzy they can save so many cd’s,survive far too long,when jumped,etc.
Let’s not forget,the payoff for mesmers is, if they hit and burst you,gg , if not oh well,next time. It’s not like,anyone will do any dmg to them at that point,most likely they’ll waste their burst or hard hitting stuff,which gives them even more advantage.

@ Dashi
I didn’t complain about other stuff on mesmers,just Blurred Frenzy for me and my 2 cents.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Wow so clearly there are people here that are new or relatively new.

Blurred frenzy was nerfed hard in 2013 May:
Blurred Frenzy CD increased by 20%
This skill now is an evade instead of an invulnerability.

So in a time when mesmers were hardly considered for teams ever, and halting strike did jack all for damage mesmer blurred frenzy was double nerfed.

Oh also! This was a time when Anet was considering putting an internal cooldown on deceptive evasion.

So maybe we should look at past nerfs before crying for more? Just maybe. If blurred frenzy is touched again mesmers will have no decent mainhand.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Really I’m with jportell.2197 on this one. I still think that Mesmer sustain should take a hit while mesmer focus gets buffed. No nerf is needed to any weapon skills or utility skills. Just maybe the traits could use some rearrangements.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

for the healing this is down to mantras now recharging while you have charges, so you can have your 3 heals ready to go, and then stealth and use 3 more, there is never a moment where you feel like you need to wait for high healing.

in PvP

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Actually Mesmer (and other classes) burst should take a hit
Mesmer sustain is still on the lover scale compared to other classes, it has a long windup, it is mostly 1v1 and susceptible to AoE.
One of the reasons why you won’t see any “LGF dps mesmer” in PvE dungeons.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Wow so clearly there are people here that are new or relatively new.

Blurred frenzy was nerfed hard in 2013 May:
Blurred Frenzy CD increased by 20%
This skill now is an evade instead of an invulnerability.

So in a time when mesmers were hardly considered for teams ever, and halting strike did jack all for damage mesmer blurred frenzy was double nerfed.

Oh also! This was a time when Anet was considering putting an internal cooldown on deceptive evasion.

So maybe we should look at past nerfs before crying for more? Just maybe. If blurred frenzy is touched again mesmers will have no decent mainhand.

I’m convinced there are just some players, who no matter how hard mesmers are nerfed, will never be able to get past the mechanic and will struggle against mesmers.

I noticed this 2 years ago and created a nerf list that won’t make mesmers beatable for them, but will at least give them a chance. What’s interesting is how many of the skills mentioned were nerfed and people are still having a really hard time with mesmers.

Suggested changes to balance the Mesmer:
1. Damaging the clones (including shattering) hurts the mesmer.
2. Portal has the same range as blink and also can’t cross walls or gaps like blink.
3. Time warp requires the mesmer to enter an inactive meditation state for the duration. Recharge increased by 30 seconds and duration reduced by 5 seconds.
4. Moa morph affects both the target and the mesmer.
5. Blurred frenzy applies 20 seconds of bleeding on the mesmer. Damage reduced 30%. Recharging increased by 20 seconds.
6. Temporal Curtain pull range is reduced to 300. Pull cannot pull people off ledges.
7. Target stands in iWarden for more than 1 second, that target is now healed instead of damaged.
8. Magic bullet can now hit allies.
9. Confusion now only works for a target’s #5 skill.
10. Mesmer armor is now capped at 1000; health at 15000.
11. Mesmers must spend boons in order to complete shatters.
12. Mesmers suffer from poison while invisible and are still targetable.
13. Clones no longer have the name of the mesmer. Instead, they say clone. In addition, they are shaded a deep purple.
14. Mesmers now take twice as much damage from warriors.
15. Mesmers cannot damage guardians.
16. In accordance with its name, null field now does nothing.
17. Chaos storm has equal chance of applying boons and conditions to both allies and enemies.
18. Chaos armor has chance of applying boons to enemies that hit the mesmer and conditions on the mesmer when hit.
19. Swap following illusionary leap will only work 50% of the time.
20. Illusionary wave also pushes the mesmer back acting as a knockdown.
Maybe now people will be able to have a chance against mesmers.

(edited by DaShi.1368)

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’m finding them very glassy but their burst is huge, power or condi.

If a Mesmer shows up to a 1v1 its over in seconds.

They are also able to stun too many times in succession, it makes your stunbreaks useless.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

not sure how people can say mesmer is not op, im willing to duel anyone whos trying to defend mesmer in this thread, you can pick any class except mesmer and ele.
btw i don’t even have mesmer title, so fair fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

not sure how people can say mesmer is not op, im willing to duel anyone whos trying to defend mesmer in this thread, you can pick any class except mesmer and ele.
btw i don’t even have mesmer title, so fair fight.

I don’t find a single person in this thread saying that.
Everyone knows confounding suggestion+daze mantra is too strong. PU can be but only in WvW.
The problem is the random complaints about healing(wtf?), condie spam(has never been and will not be in the meta any time soon) or blurred frenzy?. Let’s be honest. It’s the complaints that are irrational not the defenders.